TESTERS WANTED! ×

Srixon Q Star Tour-Divide Release

Srixon Introduces Q-STAR TOUR DIVIDE:

Start Seeing Double

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. — March 26, 2021 — SRIXON®, a global leader in golf ball technology and innovation, announces the all-new Q-STAR TOUR DIVIDE. This exciting new golf ball offering from Srixon officially launches in North America on April 15, 2021.

Srixon Divide Box.png

“The new Q-STAR TOUR DIVIDE looks great, but it’s so much more than that,” said Brian Schielke, General Manager at Srixon. “Easier putting alignment and increased visual feedback on your chip and pitch shots really adds to the greenside performance. It’s a ball every golfer must try.”

The Q-STAR TOUR DIVIDE is different, featuring a new thermoplastic urethane cover that has been infused with bright pigments rather than being painted on. The 50/50 Matte Urethane Cover delivers a high contrast, matte cover that provides the same tour-level spin and stopping power you’ve come to expect from the original Q-STAR TOUR.

Srixon Divide 3.png

With DIVIDE’s unique two-tone cover construction, putting alignment comes easy with a 360° line, while every shot will produce a strobe effect to help show off the speed and direction of spin.

DIVIDE might not look like a classic golf ball, but it still delivers true tour performance. Featuring the same FastLayer Core and 338 Speed Dimple Pattern found on the classic Q-STAR TOUR, DIVIDE provides the distance and control expected from a tour-caliber golf ball.

Srixon Divide 4.png

: April 15, 2021

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

This release from Srixon is sure to get some discussion and firm opinions, even bringing up memories from the old PING Vintage.  What are your thoughts?

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'd buy a sleeve for practice.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

A friend sent me this earlier. It’s a good putting aid for practice but I wouldn’t put it in play. 

Cool of Srixon to think outside the box

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

LOVE...

I will be buying a sleeve for putting practice.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I would totally game these although I don’t know many shots it would take to be annoying. My best round of nine was played with a Q star I bought on a whim to see the ball in the fog so I am partially bias. Interesting concept

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I’d probably only use them for putting practice. I didn’t look at cost, but probably just as easy and cheaper to blackout half of an existing ball. Plus people would prefer to practice with the
Ball they play with.

If it was my gamer and I used a line to align the ball it would be a nice benefit to not have to draw the line and it provides a good
Visual on ball roll.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Hard pass for me. Very visually unappealing. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

If you're just putting with it, why not take a dozen white balls, put them in an egg container and spray paint them? wouldn't that have the same effect?

I think it could be fun to play a par 3 course with these so you can see the spin of the ball - kind of like the old ABA red/white/blue basketballs.

1 minute ago, russtopherb said:

Hard pass for me. Very visually unappealing. 

The red/yellow color choice is.... interesting.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Again, as everyone else mentioned I think they'd be awesome to practice with and as someone who gamed Q Star Tour pretty recently, I wouldn't be totally against playing them in casual rounds or as @StrokerAce mentioned at a par three or pitch and putt course. Very interesting in the article posted that Hideki is intrigued. If they can get him on board knowing how much of a stickler he is, I would think you might see this come to the tour line, but probably without the matte finish and maybe a different color scheme.

Interesting time for finishes in golf balls right now, the newest frontier.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Even though I wasn't around in 1983 for Ping, I do recall still seeing multi colored balls in the late 90s when I started playing. I think it's interesting, but I tried the QST a few years back and they are too soft for me, so I will pass on this ball. I do play the Z-Star so mayyyybe if they released the duo color in that...

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I happen to have an old Ping Eye ball in red/white.. I would play these in a heart beat. I have putted and chipped with the Pings and love the effect.. Whether or Not I would use them for every round not sure until I try them, but Yes I would try them and play with them.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Was going to game these today, but the weather had other ideas. Maybe this weekend...

For what it's worth, for me these bring an element of fun to the table, just like the old PING's. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun, right? 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Was going to game these today, but the weather had other ideas. Maybe this weekend...
For what it's worth, for me these bring an element of fun to the table, just like the old PING's. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun, right? 

I would play em if I had some for sure

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I guess if you can't see these, then you might be colorblind. But somehow I can't keep thinking that the cover will want to split on the seam between the 2 colors.

My Weapons of Grass Destruction 🏌️‍♂️

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5* Hzrdus Smoke S

:titelist-small: 917F2 15* Diamana Blue 70 S

:titelist-small: 818H1 19* Evenflow Blue 85HY S

:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4-P AMT White S300

:vokey-small: SM7 50.12 F bent 1* weak, SM7 56.14 F, SM7 60.08 M - S200

:odyssey-small: Black Series 3

RH - Ontario 🇨🇦 and Ohio 🇺🇸

Avg. score 85-92

LIkely not a product that I would go out of my way to purchase or use. However that being said I would not be opposed to using them or trying them out. I love Srixon golf balls and use them almost exclusively and have used several of the WIlson colored golf balls in the past so the color isn't offputting to me or something that is really detracting, plus I would always know which golf ball is mine!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I’m going to buy a dozen for putting and chipping practice to make the practice more fun, like @GolfSpy Barbajo said. I do think it will make me pay more attention to the outcome of the strokes I take while practicing, and could help me learn quickly which strokes around the green generate more/less spin.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Pending the color combination I would try this golf ball. I was around in the decades that PING made golf balls and did game the Ping Eye 80's  ball. Loved the feedback from putts and watching that ball spin in the air off my Ping Eye 2 wedges. 

Don't know how Srixon makes their two color version golf ball but imo there is some great historical information regarding the technologies and sciences involved that produced the 80's Ping golf balls specifically the two color versions in the book by Jeffery Ellis, "And The Putter Went... PING". Golf ball information is pages 165-166.

Took them out on the course yesterday. It was only my second round of the year and I'm working on some swing changes (I was a mess last year), so please take what I'm about to say with a huge grain of salt. 

Meh

It was very cool to watch the spin on every shot - even my aging eyes could track the ball very easily. Oddly, I found the ball a bit difficult to find after I hit it. I walked past my ball at least 3 or 4 times when the damn thing was in plain sight. My three playing partners also walked past it while helping me search - and the ball was only 10 feet from the green.

Enjoyed lining it up for putts - it gave great feedback on the roll and hell, it was fun to watch. Same with chips and pitches (although that part of my game was hot garbage yesterday - something else to work on!). 

For me, the biggest disappointment was distance. For some reason, I couldn't get it to go anywhere off the tee. Now, at 60, I'm not a bomber anymore (if I ever was), but distance was a problem. I can't really explain it, but the balls felt "heavy." I switched to a Z-Star on the back nine and noticed immediate - and drastic - improvement. It was a busy Saturday, so I didn't try hitting two balls off the tee to compare, but I'd have to say the DIVIDE is, shall we say, distance challenged. 

I'm going to try them again just to be sure, since I don't think 9 holes is enough - but first impressions are, well, meh.

That said, very cool to look at and they were fun to play. But other than that....

Meh....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

They don't appeal to me but, if I come across a homeless one in the pond or woods, I'll give it a try.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I also play the Z-Star and when I tried the QST I lost about a club and a half in distance, felt like marshmallow. Not that I noticed any of the quality issues as reported in the ball lab, just too soft of a ball for me.

Took them out on the course yesterday. It was only my second round of the year and I'm working on some swing changes (I was a mess last year), so please take what I'm about to say with a huge grain of salt. 
Meh
It was very cool to watch the spin on every shot - even my aging eyes could track the ball very easily. Oddly, I found the ball a bit difficult to find after I hit it. I walked past my ball at least 3 or 4 times when the damn thing was in plain sight. My three playing partners also walked past it while helping me search - and the ball was only 10 feet from the green.
Enjoyed lining it up for putts - it gave great feedback on the roll and hell, it was fun to watch. Same with chips and pitches (although that part of my game was hot garbage yesterday - something else to work on!). 
For me, the biggest disappointment was distance. For some reason, I couldn't get it to go anywhere off the tee. Now, at 60, I'm not a bomber anymore (if I ever was), but distance was a problem. I can't really explain it, but the balls felt "heavy." I switched to a Z-Star on the back nine and noticed immediate - and drastic - improvement. It was a busy Saturday, so I didn't try hitting two balls off the tee to compare, but I'd have to say the DIVIDE is, shall we say, distance challenged. 
I'm going to try them again just to be sure, since I don't think 9 holes is enough - but first impressions are, well, meh.
That said, very cool to look at and they were fun to play. But other than that....
Meh....

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Yep like the old Ping Balls which have a collectable thing all to their own. Depending on the color combo some of the Ping balls are quite collectable and expensive 

Since my course is really big on Srixon I will probably end up with some as scramble prizes--- Ended up yesterday with 2 dozen Soft Feels in kinda a hot lime green. Going to throw a sleeve in the bag tomorrow to practice with just to see. The only colored ball I have ever played was the Srixon yellow one from a few years back. I think I won them somewhere. They were ok I guess. I will try the green ones though after all they were free

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

GolfSpy Barbajo mentioned: "I can't really explain it, but the balls felt "heavy." 

Several years ago I tried the Volvik Vivid matte golf balls. I had the same impression. They felt "heavy." I'm sure they must have been within specification for weight, but they felt heavy. Perhaps it has something to do with the matte cover?

On 3/29/2021 at 12:19 AM, stevegp67 said:

GolfSpy Barbajo mentioned: "I can't really explain it, but the balls felt "heavy." 

Several years ago I tried the Volvik Vivid matte golf balls. I had the same impression. They felt "heavy." I'm sure they must have been within specification for weight, but they felt heavy. Perhaps it has something to do with the matte cover?

The Volvick balls felt funny period.  I ended up with a dozen I do not remember how . I am for darn sure I did not buy them. A friend of mine his daughter played the Symetra Tour some and is a darn good ball striker. We were out messing around one day for fun and had her hit one and she said it felt funny too. I saw 2 of those balls in my shag bag the other day and they are 6 of them in the box on the top shelf in the shop. I remember when Bubba Watson tried to play them on Tour. I saw quite a few shots for him that year that did not check up like he usually does. I know he switched back to Titleist in the drop of a hat.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I normally play Yellow balls as they are easier to see for me. Red balls are hard for me to follow...so I guess I'll only see half of my bad shots...Sweet! 

That being said, I like Q-Star Tour balls...maybe try a sleeve if they were available!

Ping G400 Max @ 9 degrees

Ping G400 Stretch 3W

Ping G400 3i Hybrid

Cleveland 2009 launcher 4i Hybrid (also a 2i and 1i not currently in the bag)

Ping G700 5-9, PW, GW, SW (Green Dot and 3/4" length addition)

Ping Glide-3 60 Deg. LW (Green Dot) (also a Glide-2 58 deg LW and Glide 54 Deg SW not in the bag)

All Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize Grips

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11 Putter 35" w/oversize grip

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to get a couple sleeves of these to put in my bag for putting practice. I think it could be awesome for that. Other than that, I have heard these were a nightmare to produce. Supposed to be out last fall in Nov then delayed till now, and still have issues. I would be very curious what happens in the ball lab.. 

The two tone idea is fun. I like it, if there was a zstar ball available i would be willing to try it. 

But for now, it would be a short game and putting practice tool only.. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

2 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

I am going to get a couple sleeves of these to put in my bag for putting practice. I think it could be awesome for that. Other than that, I have heard these were a nightmare to produce. Supposed to be out last fall in Nov then delayed till now, and still have issues. I would be very curious what happens in the ball lab.. 

The two tone idea is fun. I like it, if there was a zstar ball available i would be willing to try it. 

But for now, it would be a short game and putting practice tool only.. 

Imagine how huge this would have blown up if Hideki used one to win.... FWIW the sight of that would have been awesome. They would have talked about it for weeks on the Golf Channel.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

49 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Imagine how huge this would have blown up if Hideki used one to win.... FWIW the sight of that would have been awesome. They would have talked about it for weeks on the Golf Channel.

If a tour player were to put a two tone ball in play it would be instantly recognizable. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

So I bought a box yesterday for today’s round with my gaggle. Never played a Srixon before, and was a little worried after reading the mygolfspy review of the previous Q Star Tours being out of round in shape. Additionally, I was worried about the potential for the two halves to split, or start to fall apart. As far as “looks” I couldn’t care less, I already play yellow balls as I have a hard time tracking my shots ever since I had lasik a few years ago. 20/15 vision, just can’t see a white ball against grey clouds anymore. I’ve been playing the Snell MTB-X or Pro V1’s, but I’ve found defects in the last two boxes of 2021 Pro V1’s I bought, so I figured these couldn’t be any worse than the Pro V1’s. Now I’m that weird guy that opens boxes in the store and inspects the product before purchase. Anyhow, as an 11 handicap, I expected today’s round to go “not so well”, as I usually stick to a ball and play it forsaking all others. I find folks that play “whatever they find” have unpredictable rounds. The ball is the one piece of equipment that is played from tee to hole, yet people drop shag balls and wonder why their consistency sucks. I’d been struggling with my putting lately, and figured these could maybe help. I was honestly shocked at how well they performed. Well I should say “it” performed, as I played the same ball the entire round!  When I unboxed them yesterday, I took out my dial calipers to all 12. Not one of them was out of round, measuring across several axis on each ball. The ball I played today didn’t even have a blemish at the end of the round. Fortunately (but unfortunately), I didn’t find any sand today, so I wasn’t able to test durability out of the sand. 

Now for performance. It felt softer off all of my club faces, driver through putter. Corresponding with what I’ve read between compression ratios between the Q Star Tours and PV1 or MTB-x. I noticed about 10 more yards on my drives, 100mph swing, and about 0-3 more yards on my 7 iron. I noticed the ball had about the same flight trajectories as my norm. With the MTB-x and the PV1’s my 7 iron usually hits the green and releases maybe 10 feet. My lob wedge usually hits, checks and stops or spins back a few feet. With the QStar Tour Divides, my 7 iron hit and released 10-20 feet...when releasing like my norm, pretty cool, however the couple of holes that released 20 feet, I admittedly wasn’t too happy about. My lob wedge hit and released about 5 feet, although a couple stopped on a dime after the initial landing...really clean contact on those two. The putting was fantastic. I like a softer ball with a putter, something I miss with the PV1 and Snell. Also, with the color split, you get instant feedback with a poor putt. I know it’s only one round, and only time will tell, but I shot an 80 today and was pleasantly surprised with the performance. First round in a very long time without anything worse than a bogey. Yeah, the fishing bobber jokes were in full force on the practice green this morning, but the money getting passed to me this afternoon had gained my gaggle’s interest. I’ll try to post a follow-up after next Sunday’s round. 

917D Driver

917F 3W

TS2 hybrid 19&21 degrees

T300 5i - PW

Cleavland 50, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty fastback 1.5

Snell MTB-X or Pro V1