TESTERS WANTED! ×

Four Lasers Trials This Year

"Mr. 72"

I'm on my fourth laser this year. Yep, fourth.

I sold my Bushnell 1500 with slope at the end of last year, so early this year I bought the ProXE. I play in colder temperatures, so I thought I'd like the elements feature. However, while playing in temps in the upper 30s, the difference in yardage was that much. That an expensive unit, so....

I returned that unit and bought the V5 shift. A solid unit, BUT after experiencing the red as apposed to black numbers of the Pro XE, the black numbers just didn't cut it, so....

I returned that unit and bought a Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized. There are a lot of good things about this unit - waterproof, 5 year warranty, red numbers and the Stabilized feature is really good. HOWEVER the distance doesn't lock in when you hit the flag like a Bushnell does. That annoyed me, so....

I returned that unit and bought a Shotscope Pro L1. The unit has red numbers that lock when the target is hit. It is slower than the other units. The scan mode is fast, but it takes 3 seconds to get a distance when using the pin locking mode. At $199 this unit would have probably been a keeper, BUT I recently found it for $159 on a fb ad directly from Shotscope. ...I guess technically, I'm on my 5th laser.

I'm a huge fan of Bushnell and think their products are superior to anything else on the market. If the Nikon would have locked the number once the target was hit, it would still be in my bag. It would've been well worth the $400, imo.

I actually still have both Shotscope units. I think I'll take them both out this weekend to see if the distances match up. ...Then again,, maybe that's not a good idea because if the numbers don't match up, I might be looking for a different laser! :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

AKA Dark Horse

State of my game:  "Breaking 85" is the new "Breaking 80".

16 hours ago, "Mr. 72" said:

I actually still have both Shotscope units. I think I'll take them both out this weekend to see if the distances match up.

My Bushnell Z6 finally crapped out and with my own Shot Scope Pro L1 currently in transit, I would be very interested to see a side-by-side yardage comparison of (2) SS lasers.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

I have a scope from MGGolf, has lock in feature, jolt feature, elevation and has a large display on the side. Cost was $120. Been in use for 3 years, on my 4th battery. Can’t beat it for the value.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I've got the Precision Pro NX7.  Maybe a bit slower on locking distance than others you mentioned.  I think it has black numbers, but it has everything I need.  Good optics, slope, and jolt when you lock in on flagstick.  I'm not that picky as long as I feel confident with the yardage it gives out.  Numbers have always been within 1 yard of my buddies bushnell that cost him $400 and I was able to get mine for $150.

Oh and they give free batteries for life - not a big deal, but something extra.  I've considered the NX9 which has magnet and a better chip for faster locking and distance read out.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

3 hours ago, juspoole said:

I've got the Precision Pro NX7.  Maybe a bit slower on locking distance than others you mentioned.  I think it has black numbers, but it has everything I need.  Good optics, slope, and jolt when you lock in on flagstick.  I'm not that picky as long as I feel confident with the yardage it gives out.  Numbers have always been within 1 yard of my buddies bushnell that cost him $400 and I was able to get mine for $150.

Oh and they give free batteries for life - not a big deal, but something extra.  I've considered the NX9 which has magnet and a better chip for faster locking and distance read out.

I have the NX9 that was a replacement for the NX7 when it cr***ed out. Precision Pro has great customer service. When I called them to let them know my 7 stopped working, they immediately sent out the 9 before I even mailed back the 7. No questions, no fuss. However, there are 2 features I wished the 9 had; a lanyard and a jolt or vibration feature.  It acquires the pin so fast I'm not sure it got it.  FYI I also have a nikon coolshot that I keep here in Florida and it doesn't always acquire the pin (shaky hand?), it probably takes another 10 -15 sec to make sure I've got the pin. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 3/28/2021 at 5:40 AM, juspoole said:

This is the exact boat I am in right now. My NX7Pro works great and I cant decide whether the magnet is worth the upgrade to the NX9. I love the free batteries for life. Every time my battery gets to one bar (which seems to happen pretty quickly) I just jump on the website and get another battery. Great Rangefinder for the price. 

Clubs.jpg

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

My Bushnell Z6 finally crapped out and with my own Shot Scope Pro L1 currently in transit, I would be very interested to see a side-by-side yardage comparison of (2) SS lasers.
The two units measured about the same. They weren't exactly the same, but within a yard or so. The biggest problem was that the slope calculation on one of them wasn't even close to being accurate. An obviously uphill shot was calculated as flat or even downhill. This made me question the overall accuracy of both units.

Do I think the unit I kept is as accurate as a Bushnell for distance or slope? No. Do I have proof? No. ...But nobody is going to confuse my iron distance control with that of Johnny Miller's in his heyday, so for $159, it's accurate enough.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

AKA Dark Horse

State of my game:  "Breaking 85" is the new "Breaking 80".