Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ping G725 Irons

Sam 24

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure what you mean. The G710 was released to the public just before the lockdown last year so it's just over a year old now.  There likely won't be a replacement until Feb 2022 at the earliest.  It also may not be called the 725...the presumption is Ping went with G425 because they didn't want to do 420 which would have been the next logical name after the G400 & G410.  Since 720 does not have the same slang/stigma associated with it, they may just keep going with the increment of 10 that started with the G700.

If you're asking if internally, Ping is already testing out what the G710 replacement is then the answer is almost certainly yes.  The clubs are usually in development years before they hit the market.

On 3/28/2021 at 1:32 PM, Sam 24 said:

Is the Ping G725 already being tested ?

If you mean for forum testing whether it be the new 425 or other Ping clubs, it varies from year to year and it isn't always the same clubs from the same OEM's that are tested. Our testing season has just started and several of the mods are hard at work behind the scenes with the OEM's to provide us with these opportunities. Keep a eye out for some that you like and apply! Also check out this to better your chances when you do apply 

Hope that helps and welcome to MGS!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• 5 months later...

Any details or updates on the G710 replacement?  I’ve been tempted by the current 2020-2021 version, but can’t get past the black finish wear issues for clubs I hope to play for another 5+ years.  Hoping Ping offers the G7xx with a durable finish like the current G425.  Any info? 
Thanks!

I've not heard anything about a G725 product but it's likely that moniker will be discussed.

If we are ever lucky enough that @GolfSpy_TCGcan lure one of PING's engineering or marketing leaders onto the AMA program (hint...hint 🙂), someone please remind me to ask them how product designation numbers are developed/decided.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen anything and we probably won't see much until just before they are released.  Since they are a SGI club it's not likely we are going to see them being tested in a tour player's bag like we do with some of the other things coming.  Which also means they won't be put up on the conforming list early either so we won't get the typical spy photos like we sometimes do.  

I didn't follow super closely, but I don't recall seeing much of anything for the i59 clubs either and those are in a category of clubs with a lot more hype and interest than the SGI sector.....

• 4 months later...

Looks like the 710 is not available easily. 

Is the 725 launch around the corner? 

Ping make it silver ditch the black (In fact ditch black face on all your clubs) 

Titanium 425 face and d18 tungsten weight with a ultra light shaft will make it unbeatable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 1:21 AM, Sam 24 said:

Ping make it silver ditch the black (In fact ditch black face on all your clubs) 

Titanium 425 face and d18 tungsten weight with a ultra light shaft will make it unbeatable.

I'll be shocked if they make the switch to a titanium face for their clubs.  The cost would go up significantly and I'm not sure there would be much benefit in doing so.  By the time they add back in everything they would need to get acceptable feel and sound from them I bet the weight savings would be negligible.  

Also, Ping isn't the type of company who usually goes out on a limb with new or different tech.  They tend to be very conservative with their re-designs and only venture into new designs after other manufacturers have had success with them and almost forced their hand to be competitive.

On 4/13/2022 at 2:21 AM, Sam 24 said:

Was told that there probably won’t be another release this year from Ping. Potentially the i530 as the i210 replacement but that’s somewhat of a long shot.

Things are subject to change but this is info I got over the weekend.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...