TESTERS WANTED! ×

Turn around time on orders at Ping

Grit Golf

Still waiting on the 425Max & wood I ordered on June 19th.  

I have also learned that the plant in Vietnam that makes many of their components has shut down due to Covid, so there will be even greater delays.  Also, the costs of shipping in the shipping containers has gone up astronomically, so there are some price increases coming.

:callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX, Project X Cypher Black 40 Graphite 5.5

image.png.5437ebe1f69b3330b39e21119440731c.png G425 Max 5-wood

:ping-small: G425 Max 7-wood

:mizuno-small: Hot Metal 921, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Graphite

image.png.6d1f61c2c733ddfac4c3094a971ed4fb.png CBX ZipCore Chrome 52* 56* 60* Wedges

:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Buckingham putter

6 minutes ago, tmcgrath22 said:

I ordered a set of i210 on 6/23 and was told 8-10 weeks. Today I contacted Ping and was told due to the plant shutdown, possibly not until Oct/Nov for delivery. 

Weird, I Just got a shipment notification from ping for my clubs. Ordered the first week of June. I hope it’s all of them. G425 

Edited by Dimemaker

I live on Vancouver Island in Canada.  Got fitted and ordered the G710’s from the Cowichan golf club on April 17.  That is a 19 week delay.   Was told it would be 6 weeks.  Rep says he has no idea when they will arrive.  Very frustrating.  On the plus side. I haven’t paid for them yet.  

• 1 month later...

Any one recently ( month of October) receive their Ping irons order?  I’m setting here at 13 weeks and nada,

Edit Update,

just got word from my fitter Ping is waiting on my iron heads to arrive. Expected delivery mid November or December!  So it’ll possibly be 5 months delivery time since my fitting. So much for this season .

Edited by Motoboss

“Adventure Before Dementia “

PING G425 4-UW/SW Black Dot +1” Alta CB RFlex / ChipR

PING G410 Plus DRIVER 10.5* / 3W 14*/ 5W 17.5* / 3hyb. 19* / 9W 22*

PING Putter Custom PLD 4J Prototype / 1968 Anser / Odyssey TriHot #3

VICE Pro Soft Lime Green / Bridgestone RX - TreoSoft

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 8:42 PM, Motoboss said:

Any one recently ( month of October) receive their Ping irons order?  I’m setting here at 13 weeks and nada,

Edit Update,

just got word from my fitter Ping is waiting on my iron heads to arrive. Expected delivery mid November or December!  So it’ll possibly be 5 months delivery time since my fitting. So much for this season .

I made my order for my 425's on June 10, 2021 from Edwin Watts.  The last time I called to ask for a status update, I was told late December to early January... I hung up the phone and promised myself to not call for any more status updates. If I don't receive them by mid-Feb, I'm complaining my @$$ off.

• 4 weeks later...

With encouragement from my wife, I got a full bag fitting at Club Champion as part of my severance/retirement package. (self employed) I got 4 Ping 425 woods, Mizuno Irons and Cleveland wedges. I have a shortened Ping Doc 15.5 L putter that they said I should keep. I was told it would take 5 to 7 weeks. They showed up in 6 weeks, everything looking perfect. My condolences to everyone who's been having to wait. I know once you make up your mind what you want. you want it yesterday. Sorry, forgot to mention, I ordered late July and received them early September.

Edited by Bronco

Guys, we are living in a logistics nightmare world right now for all manufacturers worldwide.  There is not a golf club company out there that is not experiencing the problem(s).  I think that we need to be patient and understanding of the fact the there are ships backed up at the ports waiting for a place to dock, to be unloaded, trucks/drivers availability, delivery of products to the warehouses where they have to broken down then shipped again by truck to their final destination.  As in the past it was days to get products, now it has become weeks to months and I do not see it getting any better any time soon.  I would not get my expectations up when ordering equipment.  Most sales people are there to sell.  They need to keep their jobs as well.  They have no control over deliver and then should we be delivering our anger at them, rather than the manufacture.  We need to be more understanding.  One opinion.  Companies are doing the very best they can and I applaud them and also am glad that I am retired and not in the retail business any longer as a District Manager, having to address these issues from customers.  Mainly because I could not be part of a solution that is a world wide problem.   Just sayin'.   

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

Still waiting…………………….

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe things are starting to ease up a bit?

I ordered a G425 Max driver on 6/28. I finally canceled it mid November when I was told it might not ship until January.

On December 15 I noticed the site wasn’t showing a back order date anymore with the shaft I wanted, so I placed another order, and received my driver on 12/27, which meant even Fed Ex beat their original delivery date by a day. That’s 8 business days from ordering to in hand… hard to beat that!

To make things even better I got it for $90 under retail ($469) and no shipping or tax. 

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

I was fitted for 5 thru U wedge PING G425 irons by my PGA Club Pro on Sept. 1 and he called in the order that afternoon. He was told to expect 8 weeks till delivery. Fast forward to the present, and I'm 2 days away from 4 months and still no irons. My club pro called PING last week and they told him to look for delivery by mid-January.  I don't have any confidence in any time frame they give out anymore. I'm not happy but there's nothing I can do but wait. Keeping my fingers crossed and still hitting my old rusty irons.

I would say that this is an issue throughout the industry that all manufacturers are facing.  My advice to anyone ordering custom clubs is do not expect anything less than six months with the logistics nightmare that is going on worldwide and you will not be disappointed.  Times are tough and we just have to be patient and understanding.  Most manufacturers hands are tied.  I would check delivery before I put my money down if you are in a hurry for the clubs.  Retail big box golf stores are in the business to sell clubs.  They do not have to build them.  Keep that in mind.  Cheers, CZ 

1 hour ago, RayD said:

I had a similar issue last year with a Ping carry bag. Ended up canceling order. Have since bought a set of irons and driver from PXG and received both inside 10 days. 

You can only get PXG thru PXG.  They seem to be in total control of their destiny.  All other manufacturers sell thru the accounts.  

Just got word from my fitter my G425 irons are in! 5 months to the day. Picking them up first of the week.

Theres Hope yet!!!

worth the wait!

703CF3C3-558A-4329-A606-97BF364EDE75.jpeg

A65DD9F9-84F3-48A4-89B2-008088728F43.jpeg

2FDEA984-8168-4C0F-B3A8-472D53F9C955.jpeg

Edited by Motoboss