jonyim

Callaway RAZR Fit driver during testing

What do you think? No PVD finish and an adjustable hosel similar to the Titleist 910 drivers. Looks fantastic to me. TaylorMade, you are in BIG trouble now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Callaway RAZR Fit driver sole.jpg

Callaway RAZR Fit driver face.jpg

Callaway RAZR Fit driver crown.jpg

Callaway RAZR Fit driver hosel.jpg

Does it sound as bad as the RAZR? I hated that composite multimaterial sound!

Hopefully it won't be as bad as the early Fusion drivers, I only found this on GolfWRX.com, so I have not tested this yet.

It's funny how different tastes work, since I hate the way it looks! To each its own and I guess that's why every brand has a market hehehe

Looks nice and clean at address, I still think the sole looks like poop (not that that is a deal breaker). I'll be interested to see how it performs.

Great looking driver, i love the changeable weight technology, so easy to custumize a driver with that. Let's go to cut the stupid long shaft to a real playable lenght (between 43,5 and 44,5 inch long), upgrade the swing weight at D3- D4 et let's give a chance to that driver to perform as it should.

Does they will do the same with the FW ? lol !!!

(actually, I'm looking at a new FW that i'm planning to cut at 41,75 inches and with a SW of D3-D4)...

There should be movable weights in the driver but not the fairway wood. Only adjustable hosel in the FW. I can recommend the Titleist 910F fairway wood, but make sure you get fit for the fairway wood.

Does it sound as bad as the RAZR? I hated that composite multimaterial sound!

Wie gehts Steven! Hey I just wanted to say I agree, not a fan of the composite sound in general, but thought the RAZR Hawk sounded MUCH better than the FT-9, FT-5. A lot less muted, a lot more metal sounding. I guess it's all preference, but found myself pleasantly surprised to not hear the muted sound I had come to expect from the composite. Either way, I can't wait to get my hands on this new one.

These look good. I'm sure I'm gonna be testing these and the PING i20 when they are released

Wie gehts Steven! Hey I just wanted to say I agree, not a fan of the composite sound in general, but thought the RAZR Hawk sounded MUCH better than the FT-9, FT-5. A lot less muted, a lot more metal sounding.

Hi man! :D

Definitely RAZR sounds better than the FT Series... but still too muted for my liking compared. Then you have the Nike ones which sound like if you just threw an empty coke can against a wall. Not sexy.

Hi man! :D

Definitely RAZR sounds better than the FT Series... but still too muted for my liking compared. Then you have the Nike ones which sound like if you just threw an empty coke can against a wall. Not sexy.

Agreed on the Nike drivers, it goes quite a long way, but the sound is tinny and really loud, not a good combo from Nike. I played the Dymo STR8-Fit and I HATE the sound it makes, sounds like you're hitting an aluminium bat.

Anyone else knows if they will bring this tour only prototype into production? I want the Surefit Tour style adjustable hosel on the RAZR Fit driver :)

Anyone else knows if they will bring this tour only prototype into production? I want the Surefit Tour style adjustable hosel on the RAZR Fit driver :)

RAZR Fit is definitely in the lineup

AHHHHHH sh*t! i was just gonna get the Fast12LS, then i see this thing... looks great... more things on my list to choose from... to me the face design is amazing, the look from address is classic and plain, no line across the top nor the callaway sign, just great! good job callaway!!!

RAZR Fit is definitely in the lineup

Will the production model have one set or two set of notches you can adjust?

From what we've seen so far adjustment will work very similarly to the Titleist 910D series. Two levels of adjustment at the hosel. The downside of the system is that it adds bulk. Swing weight can be accounted for, but visually, there's a lot going on.

What I find most interesting is that it looks like both Callaway and Nike are moving away from placing the securing mechanism at the hosel, and instead moving to a system where the shaft is secured through the bottom of the club (like TM, Cobra, and TItleist). IMHO, it's the right way to go for a few different reasons.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TOUR-ISSUE-Callaway-RAZRFIT-RAZR-FIT-9-5-Matrix-HD7-X-Stiff-X-Issued-Only-/290646683708?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item43abe4703c#ht_675wt_1109

First one (I believe) to be found on ebay, tour issue driver. Anybody know anything on the "tour issue" hosel?

BTW, I would love to buy this driver if I had:

1) The money

2) The skill :P

I read some specs on this, forgot where I picked them up, but I was really disappointed to hear that this is only going to have 3 positions (open, closed, neutral). Callaway is using the second "ring" to keep the shaft and grip orientation the same regardless of which position the head is set to. While that's all fine and dandy, I think I would prefer to have more adjustability and just play a grip that doesn't have grip reminders.