TESTERS WANTED! ×

Taylor Made Shipping Delays

Ehess

Back on March 1st I got fitted and ordered a split set P770/P7MC and was told 4-6 weeks would be the time frame for shipping (a Taylormade rep had said this to the store the previous week). I called for an update and was told estimated shipping was May 9th per the Taylormade system. Other online forums seem to think it’s due to golf pride grip shortages (lost cargo container?) but was curious to see if other people had heard/experienced similar things? Thanks in advance for any comments! 

Edited by Ehess

There’s also a delay on some shafts. The Nippon modus 120 being one of them

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 2 weeks later...

An order for wedges and hybrids I place in the first week of March is expected in May and June respectively.  Driver arrived this past week. The reason stated was shaft availability in both cases.  

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

• 4 months later...

Trying to order custom SIM 2 MAX OS clubs now tells me the irons will ship in 01/2022 - shaft and grip is available but the delay seems to be on the irons themselves...

With such a long delay should i wait for SIM 3 to be announces end of November / mid december and then wait to have them in March?

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a set of P770's through my fitter April 9th. Shafts and grips are available. TM seems to be unable to deliver the heads in a reasonable time. 

Callaway Big Bertha (2014) driver

4W: Ping G25

4i: TM P790 (DG 120 S400)

5i-PW: TM P770 (DG 120 S400)

50/56/60: Cleveland RTX Zipcore (DG Spinner)

Putter: Ping Sigma2 Arna

• 4 weeks later...

That is odd.  We have ordered and received several sets of irons  P770, P790 and SIM2 Max and SIM2 drivers and the new MG3 wedge and everything has shipped within 2 weeks.   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 9/5/2021 at 6:52 AM, Jasper279 said:

I ordered a set of P770's through my fitter April 9th. Shafts and grips are available. TM seems to be unable to deliver the heads in a reasonable time. 

2 hours ago, Derek81 said:

I ordered the P770's with tt elavate 95g shaft the 23 of June still havent received them being told its the shafts that are holding them up. May have them this week or next 🤞

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That is odd.  We have ordered and received several sets of irons  P770, P790 and SIM2 Max and SIM2 drivers and the new MG3 wedge and everything has shipped within 2 weeks.   

Per the TM website the p770 heads are backorder til February. It’s been that way for the last 2-3 months

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

There’s over 70 cargo ships sitting off the california coast. There a shortage of truck drivers to get containers and products to the end destination.

Complaining about delays in receiving a product is pointless.

Theres 100s of thousands of new vehicles that have been sitting in lots for months waiting for a microchip. There’s tens of thousands new engines for new vehicles waiting for the microchips.

Expecting any product to arrive on time when the vast majority of the components are stuck in transit, lack the materials to even make them or lack the people to build and transport is setting yourself up to be disappointed and frustrated. 

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

There’s over 70 cargo ships sitting off the california coast. There a shortage of truck drivers to get containers and products to the end destination.

Complaining about delays in receiving a product is pointless.

Theres 100s of thousands of new vehicles that have been sitting in lots for months waiting for a microchip. There’s tens of thousands new engines for new vehicles waiting for the microchips.

Expecting any product to arrive on time when the vast majority of the components are stuck in transit, lack the materials to even make them or lack the people to build and transport is setting yourself up to be disappointed and frustrated. 

I don't blame the equipment manufacturers for things they can't control. I do blame them for their poor communication on this and not being open and honest on what to expect. I'd rather be told now that I have to wait until February, instead of being told every month that I have to wait for another month (which is what I am experiencing for about six months now). And if the manufacturers themselves don't know what to expect, then just say so. But don't keep making promisses you can't keep.

Edited by Jasper279

Callaway Big Bertha (2014) driver

4W: Ping G25

4i: TM P790 (DG 120 S400)

5i-PW: TM P770 (DG 120 S400)

50/56/60: Cleveland RTX Zipcore (DG Spinner)

Putter: Ping Sigma2 Arna

18 minutes ago, Jasper279 said:

I don't blame the equipment manufacturers for things they can't control. I do blame them for their poor communication on this and not being open and honest on what to expect. I'd rather be told now that I have to wait until February, instead of being told every month that I have to wait for another month (which is what I am experiencing for about six months now). And if the manufacturers themselves don't know what to expect, then just say so. But don't keep making promisses you can't keep.

They may have anticipated the ship dates given then some component(s) outside of their control changed. People would be surprised to learn that many of them don’t keep large stock any the components on hand so they have to order them on a routine basis. In the case of titleist they inspect each shaft and if there is one out of spec in a shipment from let’s say kbs they send the entire shipment back.

They can’t control the shipment backlog that’s waiting off the coast of california. They can’t anticipate the amount of time it’s been taking the containers out of the shipyard and then once it does leave to then get out of wherever it went to get the product to where it needs to be.

lets not forget some Asian counties shut down for a couple weeks recently brag then created another backlog.

They all have estimates based on when a product leaves a factory and they estimate off that. Any hiccup in that sends a chain of delays. So instead of sayin they aren’t being transparent start looking at the big picture and how business operates. They are dependent on a lot of things that they can’t control. 

Thats not even accounting for the lack of staff to do the final build for the brands that assemble in the US. Or that FedEx, usps and ups all have serious delays in delivering products. The company I’ve been using for meal prep cancelled nationwide delivery because FedEx can’t deliver on time. 

I have talked to my fitter, a coupe reps and a friend in sales and the chances any of the companies are misleading the customer is slim to none

Let’s not also forget that if a shaft manufacturer like true temper has a delay in getting steel then whatever time frame they provided to club manufacturers is going to be set back. True temper and the other steel shaft manufacturers are fighting with the other companies that use steel for product. This has been discussed here iirc in other threads but they have two choices 1) pay higher price to get the steel or 2) don’t pay and wait. If they go with option 2 they just set back every delivery of a club using a steel shaft from true temper. Nippon is in worse shape, their modus shaft in almost every weight and flex is on backorder til February and have estimated delivery of irons with the shaft as early March depending on where one falls in the order placement queue

13 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Let’s not also forget that if a shaft manufacturer like true temper has a delay in getting steel then whatever time frame they provided to club manufacturers is going to be set back. True temper and the other steel shaft manufacturers are fighting with the other companies that use steel for product. This has been discussed here iirc in other threads but they have two choices 1) pay higher price to get the steel or 2) don’t pay and wait. If they go with option 2 they just set back every delivery of a club using a steel shaft from true temper. Nippon is in worse shape, their modus shaft in almost every weight and flex is on backorder til February and have estimated delivery of irons with the shaft as early March depending on where one falls in the order placement queue

There is so much going on in the world.  We see the complaints here because it is the end consumer that primarily posts.   The companies we are purchasing from are getting dates from their product sources who are getting dates from their product sources meaning no dates are being met so nothing can be built.  Over roughly the last year we have seen that products deliveries are continually being delayed beyond promise dates.  Any consumer ordering a product should expect that the delivery date they get will shift to the right and be happy if it doesn’t. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

13 minutes ago, cnosil said:

There is so much going on in the world.  We see the complaints here because it is the end consumer that primarily posts.   The companies we are purchasing from are getting dates from their product sources who are getting dates from their product sources meaning no dates are being met so nothing can be built.  Over roughly the last year we have seen that products deliveries are continually being delayed beyond promise dates.  Any consumer ordering a product should expect that the delivery date they get will shift to the right and be happy if it doesn’t. 

Agree and the end users seem to have overly high expectations despite as you said its nothing new and the end sure have realized it by now

I went ahead and placed my order today for a new set of P790's and noticed that if I changed the grip from the Gray MCC+4 to the Red MCC+4 it reduced the expected ship date by a month. Just FYI. I figured I would go ahead and get in line.

image.png         21 P790's Nippon Pro 850 S

image.png               AI Smoke 10.5 w/ Ventus Blue 5S

image.png                AI Smoke 3 HL Fairway w/ Ventus Blue 6S

image.png                Epic  Hybrid

image.png               Vokey  wedges 54/58

image.png                 Pro V1

image.jpeg.c8b4ffb4ff4de8ea8afba23108e17df9.jpeg           Tour BX and BRX

Screenshot2024-02-11at9_30_37PM.png.1e4cb7cbea3eff113419aae62f667ad2.pngPhantom X 5

image.pngimage.png.2b1b71322a7777a170fc398e58331e60.png  image.png.e0ef3e994d42a54c95d17baf9258a43a.png

image.png

I had a custom set of P7MCs I was fit for on order since the beginning of April.  I understand there are delays and such with various components.  However, a top rule of sales is never over promise and under deliver.  Instead of giving an unknown ship time, they continually gave a time then delayed it.  They finally provided an update at the beginning of September saying the components were available and would be assembled and shipped before the end of the month.  When I followed up, oh, sorry, now we are looking at the middle of November.  I asked for an explanation and they couldn't provide one.  Which component isn't available?, they can't say.  I cancelled.  I'll wait for the next design or explore other manufacturers.  If a single component was the issue after that time frame, maybe offer an alternative that's available.  The service is subpar in my eyes.

Had a conversation with someone in sales the other day to get more specifics on the way brands project dates.

They have an expected shipment count that is due at the end of the month. Sometimes they get it and sometimes they don’t. Some of the time it’s less and therefore not everyone gets allocated.

Add that on top of all the other delays and backorders of just getting the components in followed by the number of orders that need to be filled followed by the delays to get the delivery companies to deliver them it’s going to be a moving target.

When the new p770s came out they were selling out their allotments months in advanced. I watched expected shipping dates changes 30-60 days in just a week.

Unless you are without irons expect everyone brand to have a minimum of 8 weeks from time of order if you order anything that isn’t a popular component. If you order a popular shaft expect 12+ weeks same for certain grip colors. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 8:27 PM, Derek81 said:

I ordered the P770's with tt elavate 95g shaft the 23 of June still havent received them being told its the shafts that are holding them up. May have them this week or next 🤞

So got a massage from my club pro yesterday and not looking good

" I might have to give you a refund they way taylormade were talking today, I'll let u know tomorrow they were talking about another delay, but I'll check it out tomorrow" 

So dont know what to do as if i get them maybe December im sure there be a new p770 launched soon enough and the price ive paid for these will have dropped by a few hundred without even hitting them 🤬

2 hours ago, Derek81 said:

So got a massage from my club pro yesterday and not looking good

" I might have to give you a refund they way taylormade were talking today, I'll let u know tomorrow they were talking about another delay, but I'll check it out tomorrow" 

So dont know what to do as if i get them maybe December im sure there be a new p770 launched soon enough and the price ive paid for these will have dropped by a few hundred without even hitting them 🤬

If you want the clubs ever, keep the order. Lead times aren’t going to get better any time soon. 

FYI, if delays are getting you down...

PXG is building Gen4 clubs in 48 hours, you'll have your clubs in roughly 10 days.(Black is delayed 2-3 weeks)

And before you blow up on price.. actually compare it to Forged irons from other manufacturers first !

$2999 for full Gen 4, 14 club bag, with bag and a hat.  (stock shafts, upgrades would add to the total)

I can help answer questions if I remember to check my messages on here constantly.

I am a fitter with PXG.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 1:04 AM, Jasper279 said:

Update: my set of P770's finally arrived after 7 months

I ordered my P770's with graphite shafts in September, I am being told by February, ridiculous lol. At least it's the "off-season"

Srixon ZX7 Mk II Irons 5-9

Titleist U505 2 Iron 

PING G430 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland 3 Wood

2024 Calloway Ai Smoke Triple Diamond Driver with Oban shaft

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 Putter

Taylormade 2024 TP5x 

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered Sim Max 2 irons on 8/15/2021 with the Mitsubishi shafts. At first, I was told a month, then shipping date got changed to 11/20/2021, then 12/22/2021. I just checked and it now shows 2/4/2022!

What concerns me is that as the 12/22 date was approaching (same for 11/20), the components backordered slowly went away as expected (as things came in stock). On Friday, it showed my order was only waiting on 2 shafts. Fast forward to Sunday - a weekend and only 2 days later - and suddenly I need 4 shafts and 2 heads and the new date is 2/4/2022. I know they have heads as you can order a stock shaft and get your clubs in a month (I know some friends that have). I would expect that once they get heads for a given order, it should NEVER change to a backorder status on that component. I feel that TM thinks they have me locked in, and are selling the components they do have to new orders that they can fully fulfill. Bad way to run a business.

I'm now looking at 6 months since they took my $$. This is my first TM order, probably my last, and I'm considering cancelling and going with another brand at this point. I would rather they tell me they can't deliver than to keep stringing me along. 

WITB: Callaway Epic Max LS, SimTI Rocket 3W, Cobra Speedzone 4W, 3H-5H, Cobra Forged Tec One Length irons, PXG Wedges, Odyssey Stroke Lab Armlock putter.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 7:56 AM, lrvalley said:

I ordered Sim Max 2 irons on 8/15/2021 with the Mitsubishi shafts. At first, I was told a month, then shipping date got changed to 11/20/2021, then 12/22/2021. I just checked and it now shows 2/4/2022!

What concerns me is that as the 12/22 date was approaching (same for 11/20), the components backordered slowly went away as expected (as things came in stock). On Friday, it showed my order was only waiting on 2 shafts. Fast forward to Sunday - a weekend and only 2 days later - and suddenly I need 4 shafts and 2 heads and the new date is 2/4/2022. I know they have heads as you can order a stock shaft and get your clubs in a month (I know some friends that have). I would expect that once they get heads for a given order, it should NEVER change to a backorder status on that component. I feel that TM thinks they have me locked in, and are selling the components they do have to new orders that they can fully fulfill. Bad way to run a business.

I'm now looking at 6 months since they took my $$. This is my first TM order, probably my last, and I'm considering cancelling and going with another brand at this point. I would rather they tell me they can't deliver than to keep stringing me along. 

lol im dealing with the excact same situation with a set of p770s, fitted and ordered around may 19th

9 hours ago, Ryand said:

Hey guys idk if youre gonna believe me but i got fit at Ross club fitting, or tour quality golf, and i got fit for a set of taylormade irons and ive been waiting since mid may, with no exact reason why

The reason is that they either don’t have the heads which has been the case for the last 6 months or so or they didn’t have the shafts which depending on which shafts that has been an issue for the vast majority of last year. 

Both issues have been well known and discussed repeatedly in this forum and others along with other social media sites. It’s not some unknown phenomenon. Supply chain issues, covid shutting down factories overseas causing production delays and hundreds of container ships sitting off coast waiting to dock.