TESTERS WANTED! ×

Trackman Driver Numbers

LeftyHawk

I'm working on a Trackman trying to improve my stats in an effort to improve my drives, more so on accuracy with a nod toward distance. As I ponder that, I'm looking at Attack angle and Launch angle. My question is which would you consider to be more of a factor toward improvement? I'm leaning toward Launch angle, as in my mind, if I get the launch angle to something in the neighborhood of 12* then angle of attack is irrelevant.

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

36 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Both. 

angle of attack is how the club is moving. Launch angle is a function of how the club is moving AND strike point.  Angle of a attacks being equal, a strike higher on the face will launch higher than a strike lower on the face due to center of gravity and bulge and roll 

I'm quickly learning this. I thought I could focus on one number, finding out I need to look at AoA, Launch angle and spin to optimize distance and direction. Only problem is that much math makes my head hurt....Then I find out that tee height makes a difference, and lets not forget ball speed affects what optimal launch is for a given ball speed.....ugh!!! But I gotta say it's rather enjoyable, like solving a mystery.

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

First, I am no expert but I read a lot about the subject. I was a 100+ player 10-12 years ago... did not have time or money to be a good golf player, didnt have the knowledge either... So decided to get back to it this year so I have been spending lots of time reading, watching video, checking equipement etc... You need to understand that I have a very mathematical approach to sport... There is no way I'm gonna struggle in golf  because I dont  have the right equipement...This is what I have gathered over the last few month...
OPTIMAL Launch angle change with swing speed. You can  check on internet for various article, chart regarding that. Basically the faster you swing the lower launch angle you want.   Slower swing speed want more angle. Pga players around 10- 12, average joe around 14 and slower player can be good up to 16... 
I think attack angle matter for you to be as close as possible to your optimal launch angle. 

Of course there are other variable to it like spin, dispersion... If your swing is consistent, swing over 100 mph then you are close to the optimal launch angle. If you swing slower than that I'd say that you can play with your driver loft to increase it to get a little more distance or lower a little more your back shoulder compared to the front one in your driving stance

I wouldn’t say anything is irrelevant, it all fits together. Launch angle is a product of your attack angle, loft and strike. It all depends on what the issue is...hitting down, too much/little dynamic loft, high/low launch? Poor strike pattern?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A higher attack angle with a lower lofted club will equal higher ball speed. For example, a positive attack angle of 6 degrees with an 8 degree club face will result in higher ball speeds than a zero degree angle of attack with a 14 degree club face. Of course, that’s only if all other factors are the same, which they rarely are. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

As others have alluded to,  you can't just focus on one number as it can be achieved many ways.  Some of those ways may be beneficial and other not so beneficial.   Fitting/swing improvement is about blending all the numbers together to find the right combination.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG