Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How Often Do You Replace Your Golf Bag?

Middler

On 2/25/2022 at 2:47 PM, labillyboy said:

I've never worn a bag out.  I tend to buy a new, matching staff bag whenever I buy a new set of irons.  I get new irons about every 3-4 years, so I have a garage full of nice staff bags and matching irons.  I do have a couple carry bags that don't get much use, normally use them when travelling or when going to a club that has caddies (they appreciate it).  I bet I have 20 like new bags in my garage... 

Sounds like me but my stuff is vintage Ryder Cup bags and older (read heavy) Miller or Burton staff bags

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I've recently been looking to upgrade my bag.  I bought mine back in 2017 Sun Mountain C130.  It's still in great shape, but there's an Orange and Grey C130 one that just has me giddy with anticipation.  (that and i'm just bored, and want something new)  i'm trying to convince my wife that i should get new wedges too.  Wish me luck!

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I’ve been golfing for 8 years and am on my 3rd bag. I gave my first bag to my dad when I got a new one and my 2nd bag is still my travel bag. That being said, I have no reason to upgrade or change but I think I might buy a new bag this year haha. Too many that look nice and I like new things   

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

• 2 weeks later...

Sorta off topic but not---- Practiced today and afterwards my bud and I were having lunch on the patio by the putting green. I had the old Hoofer sitting there. One of the prim proper Tourist golfers made a comment to his bud " Man that is an old Hoofer" My bud who likes to harp on the tourons as much as I do shot back quick " You think the bag is old you ought to look at the clubs inside" One of them asked " you playing those?" My bud said "nope but he is (pointing to me) ya want to play for money?" The guy left kinda quickly. Yeah the old Hoofer is still holding up I do lube the real metal zippers with WD 40 about every week. Yeah best $5 I ever spent. What made the whole incident really funny is my bud (who is a permanent part of my shootout team now) Is darn near 80 yoa and not only is he a good stick but he is darn quick on a comeback too.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 3/28/2022 at 4:32 PM, BIG STU said:

Sorta off topic but not---- Practiced today and afterwards my bud and I were having lunch on the patio by the putting green. I had the old Hoofer sitting there. One of the prim proper Tourist golfers made a comment to his bud " Man that is an old Hoofer" My bud who likes to harp on the tourons as much as I do shot back quick " You think the bag is old you ought to look at the clubs inside" One of them asked " you playing those?" My bud said "nope but he is (pointing to me) ya want to play for money?" The guy left kinda quickly. Yeah the old Hoofer is still holding up I do lube the real metal zippers with WD 40 about every week. Yeah best $5 I ever spent. What made the whole incident really funny is my bud (who is a permanent part of my shootout team now) Is darn near 80 yoa and not only is he a good stick but he is darn quick on a comeback too.

This makes me want to go buy a hoofer and have a similar story in 15 years haha. Maybe it would be one of my last bags ever. They just seem to hold up better than other brands. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

On 3/29/2022 at 7:47 PM, LeftyMatt89 said:

This makes me want to go buy a hoofer and have a similar story in 15 years haha. Maybe it would be one of my last bags ever. They just seem to hold up better than other brands. 

I kinda remind myself of an older guy I once knew and unlike reminding myself of my old man this one is good.

I knew this guy for years growing up and I would say he is more than likely in his 80s now. He played a set of FC-4000s forever and had some sets in reserve. Putted with a beat to crap Ironmaster. About 10 years ago now I was visiting up in Charlotte ( my home town). My bud and I were going to play a public course there. Up at this old school club house on the porch sat a raggety Spalding canvas carry bag with a well worn set of FC-4000s. LOL I knew who it was and I set my VIPs beside it. At the time had them in my travel bag which was a Cleveland Stand bag. I looked for him in the club house but found him outside. We got a laugh especially when I told him I knew whose bag that was. He told me he had a stinking suspicion of who owned the VIPs. Now he had went to metal woods because he said at his age he was giving up too much with the persimmon. I know back in the day he was a stick but never took things too seriously. He did not play with the big gamblers but played with the local Wednesday afternoon crowd and the Weekend Warriors. I remember one year in the City AM he shot 67 63 and walked away with the title. 

G

• 4 months later...

My bag is 8 years old and I am looking for a new one.  I ride most of the time but try to walk 1 to 2 times a week with a push cart.  Cant make up my mind which bag to buy. 

• Driver _ Ping G400 Max
  • Woods _ Ping G410 3 & 5 | Cleveland Launcher XL HALO 7
  • Hybrid _ Titleist 818 H1 5 
  • Irons _ Titleist T300 6-GW
  • Wedges _ Titleist SM9 52F & 56S
  • Putter _ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife Two Bar Hybrid
  • Distance _ Bushnell Phantom 2 GPS | Precision Pro NX7 Pro
  • Ball _ Titleist Pro V1 yellow
  • GHIN _ HCP floats between 8 & 12

:ping-small:  :cleveland-small: :titelist-small:  :vokey-small:   :odyssey-small:  :rife-putters-1:  :918457628_PrecisionPro:  :sunmountain: :Clicgear:   :footjoy-small:  

"Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips"

• 1 month later...

I still have a Sun Mountain four5 stand bag from from 2013.  Carried this bag for 6 years and still like new.

Now use a C130 with a year of use.  Hope it will last as long as the four5.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

I have 5 bags; 2 Team Effort U of Ky cart bags, 2 Vice cart bags and 1 Perfect Practice stand bag.  Have been using the black/lime Vice bag for a couple years now, but hav3 a grey/lime cart bag in the closet for a backup….got it for $85 clearance at Walmart($270 bag).  The U of Ky bags are fine, oldest one is faded 8 years old, newer one is 5 years old. I put it in play usually for a few rounds during football & basketball season.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 1 month later...

Hi I’m Chris and I’m  a bag- ho. I don’t know how many bags I’ve bought in the last 40 years and I currently have 4. A 10 yo Ping Sunday bag great for half set practice. Current model  Ping Hoofer is my daily bag. Ok to carry, fits on  an MGI and ok in a cart. A 5yo Original Jones carry bag coz I like it and a current model Titleist staff bag that I had to have and is only good for putters. Don’t get me started on SC putters 😁