TESTERS WANTED! ×

TaylorMade Fitting Experience

chisag

... There are plenty of difficult jobs in the golf industry but I can't imagine any being more difficult than fitting average golfers for equipment. The fitter has to be part scientist, part counselor, part bar tender and of course part salesman. I have been fit at the PGA Show many times as well as independent fittings and the current TaylorMade Fitting Experience is as good as it gets. I cannot comment on every fitter but working with Tyler More in Phoenix was really a treat. I signed up for a full bag fitting and had a 1 hour time slot. Not impossible but pretty unrealistic to think you can go through driver, fairway woods, hybrids, irons, wedges and putters in anything less than 2 hours. That said the service is free and scheduling more than 1 hour would mean TaylorMade could only help 50% of the golfers that sign up. As it is, some golfers actually show up looking to be fit without scheduling an appointment which puts the fitter in a terrible position of basically saying "Sorry but we can't help you today". That of course can cause some completely unfounded resentment but all part of the fitters job to smooth it over as best they can. But on to the fitting. 

... Tyler immediately asked what every good fitter should start with "What are you looking to accomplish today"? In my case I was looking at irons and shaft combo's and fine tuning my driver shaft in a SIM 2 head. Tyler did not say OK but maybe we just take a look at fairway woods, wedges and putters if we have the time. What he did say was "Excellent, lets get started". Here is where these guys really earn their money. After 2 back surgeries I never hit balls at the range because standing in one spot and repeating a swing is a recipe for disc problems. So right off the bat I am at a disadvantage, as is my fitter because I am doing something completely unfamiliar as every shot I hit is under the pressure of scoring and always at a specific target and distance. I simply do not hit the ball well at the range and my swing always feels different than on the course. I briefly explained this and Tyler completely understood. I cannot imagine the excuses they listen to every day (Tyler said he could write a book LOL) from the obvious "I am usually much better than this" and of course "My swing speed is much faster than the launch monitor is showing today" while watching a player top shots, hit them fat and thin and rarely produce 2 swings that are identical or even similar. The fitters job is to make the player comfortable as best they can and then they have to deal with however that player is swinging on this particular day. Those that know me have heard me say many times I believe every gofer should play the most forgiving irons they can "effectively" play and Tyler had his own version that was he fits golfers for their tendencies, not their perfect strikes. In other words he tries to find your average swing and then fits you to take advantage of both what you do well and what you do poorly. For outliers, he simply discards the data as one push fade or pull hook can skew the results. In my case I was really looking at P770's which is right in line with what I currently play. Tyler was happy to fit me into that head and we fine tuned shafts to get the best combination of spin, trajectory and distance. As a 68 yr old Tyler started me off with a 65gm graphite senior shaft and they were awful for my swing as I have been swinging 95gm shafts for a loooooong time and pretty tuned into that weight. He moved me into something a little stiffer and 85gms and they were better but still shorter with worse dispersion than normal for me. He finally moved me into 95gm Nippon 950GH shafts and that combo worked out very well and gave me the best numbers as well shots as passing the eye test and feeling best. 

... Here is where a good fitter can make all the difference as Tyler suggested we try the P790's, even though I told him I owned a set but had to sell them because they did not produce enough spin for the hard, fast desert greens in Phoenix. He nodded and understood but said lets just try them for fun and see how they work for you with some different combinations. He started with the 950GH and not surprisingly I hit the P970/950GH farther, higher and straighter than the P770's. Not a night and day difference but an improvement. Still needing a little more spin Tyler then put me into new the 950GH NEO shaft that launches a little higher and produces a little more spin. The combo worked very well and it was obvious that my average shots would be fine with either 770's or 790's but my misses were better with the 790's. Tylers suggestion weakening the 790's 2* which would give me pretty optimal spin, trajectory and distance. He was also fine with me possibly doing a combo of 770's in pw-8 and 790's in 7-4 iron. Lots for me to think about and in the end I would probably go all P790's. 

... Next we hit driver and Tyler again showed his experience and expertise by handing me a driver and shaft combo without telling me what it was after watching me hit my SIM Max and Diamana LTD for a baseline. I could of course ask but then I might be pre disposed to have a certain bias for or against the combo so I trusted my fitter and just hit shots. Long story shortened a bit, Tyler ended up saying my SIM Diamana combo was as good as it gets and that same shaft in a SIM 2 Max might be even more forgiving. He asked who fit me into that combo. After years of fittings I know what works for me and a mid flex, mid spin and mid torque sounds boring and generic but works best for my swing so I told Tyler I fit myself and without skipping a beat he said "Well, you certainly knew what you were doing". And that pretty much sums up a great fitting. Tyler complimented me on my driver choice and ability to fit myself while gently moving me away from my first choice of P770's and into P790's by having me prove to myself with his guidance that they are a better fit. Had I said I just liked the P770's more and I hit them on the course better than I do at the range I have no doubts Tyler would have supported my thoughts as his job is to help me find the best equipment for my swing, but the final decision is mine. Golfers are a funny lot and what works best is not always their first choice if they have their heart set on something else. 

... Getting fit is an absolute essential part of playing your best golf. I want to thank Tyler for working with me and If you have not been fit I highly recommend the TaylorMade Fitting Experience. Not only are these guys really, really good at what they do, it is FREE. And that is a hard combination to beat!

Sounds like you had a pretty awesome experience! So do you think you’ll move to the 790s over the 770s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

5 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Sounds like you had a pretty awesome experience! So do you think you’ll move to the 790s over the 770s?

... Yea, the P790's worked great for me in the soft conditions in Illinois but not so much on these fast hard desert courses because they produce less spin and it is hard to hold greens downwind. But with the higher spinning NEO shaft and weakening them 2* my spin numbers should be right in line with my T100-S, P760's and King Tour irons. Additionally since I already have 3 sets of Players Irons why not try and slightly larger more forgiving head? 🤓

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Interesting that you wrote about the excuses the fitter will hear for bad swings.  I went through a less intensive driver fitting 2 or 3 weeks ago.  I knew I wasn't hitting the ball the way I normally do, but didn't tell the fitter that and he made step by step steps that improved the results with my swing that day.  After a while, I made a swing correction that resulted in my normal shot pattern.  That ended up changing what was working during the fitting.  I think it is important to know your swing and your tendencies when getting fitted.  If I hadn't been able to correct my swing, I could have easily walked away with a driver that would rarely work for me.  As it was, I didn't buy anything that day but I got a good idea of what I needed and ended up buying something the next week.

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

That's really great the way Tyler worked through the irons and shafts incrementally and making sure each step showed improvement! Pretty cool how much you guys guy done in one hour.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Thanks for the detailed writeup;  always interesting to hear fitting experiences and what players end up with.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 hours ago, chisag said:

... Yea, the P790's worked great for me in the soft conditions in Illinois but not so much on these fast hard desert courses because they produce less spin and it is hard to hold greens downwind. But with the higher spinning NEO shaft and weakening them 2* my spin numbers should be right in line with my T100-S, P760's and King Tour irons. Additionally since I already have 3 sets of Players Irons why not try and slightly larger more forgiving head? 🤓

For some reason I thought you were in love with the Cobra King irons. You didn't want to try and change those shafts? Not second guessing, just wondering.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

2 hours ago, GaDawg said:

For some reason I thought you were in love with the Cobra King irons. You didn't want to try and change those shafts? Not second guessing, just wondering.

.., I do love the King irons as well as the T100-S irons. I really only wanted a driver shaft fitting but thought I might as well go through the irons while I was there. The last thing I need is another set of irons but that has never stopped me in the past. 🤪

• 1 month later...

Great write up - 

I also did a Taylor Made fitting three weeks ago. I had a half hour slot for woods.  I arrived 20 minutes early, stuck my head in quickly to let him know that I was his 10 AM and i would be at the end of the range. He told me that he was running 10 minutes behind so that allowed me to take my time stretching and even to hit a few balls on my Rapsodo. I was a couple of MPH slow but that’s normal, I normally play in the stateroom/evening and am faster then than in the morning.

Right at 10:10 my guy grabbed me. Like yours my fitter asked what I was looking to accomplish. I told him I was looking for a top of the bag fairway wood. We tried two 3 woods with a couple of shaft options - nothing came close to my 5 wood. I was carrying the best 3 wood 185 and averaged over 190 carry with 5 wood. 

He told me that he often has trouble bumping Ping G410 fairways but that he was confident that he could get me some distance with driver. 

I hit a number of drives with my driver for a baseline there. He then handed me a Sim2 Max 10.5 with a Ventus blue R5.  That’s one of two stock options. I hit 5 or 6 with that - nice ball flight - 14 degree launch, spin rates around 2,500 about 500 rpms less than my 410 LST. I did tug a couple. He asked me if that was my normal miss which it is. 

A quick click of the wrench to 1 open and my next drive hit the center line. I had picked up 15 yards and maybe a tweak of accuracy. As the fitter said the beauty is that I could walk into any Dicks and buy one. Instead I went to a local private retailer who gave me a great deal on my trade in and by Saturday it was in my bag. 

So far I am experiencing a nice little up-tic in distance not 15 yards but 9 which is still significant. I have to get used to the fact that I hit it really straight, very little curve if any.  

Love the feel and sound of it. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

... Well I ordered a Sim2 Max 10.5* with a Tensei Raw Blue shaft on 4/8. Finally checked with the PGA Superstore today and when they looked it up it was delivered on 5/10!!! Normally I get an email from Fedex saying a package was delivered but nothing this time. Maybe some porch pirate stole it. Hard to do in this gated apartment complex but thieves can always find a way. I will be glad when my house is finished being built. 

... Worst case scenario is PGA SS pays for the whole thing but I would hope all share the blame. Fedex should have gotten a signature. The replacement Sim2 will be sent to the SS to avoid this happening a second time. The irony is my Sim2 3 wood was delivered last week and the original Sim2 Max was delivered here, along with a ton of other stuff without a problem. My money is on Fedex making a mistake but who knows? So now I have to wait another month for my driver. Certainly much worse problems in the world but it still sucks. 

11 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Well I ordered a Sim2 Max 10.5* with a Tensei Raw Blue shaft on 4/8. Finally checked with the PGA Superstore today and when they looked it up it was delivered on 5/10!!! Normally I get an email from Fedex saying a package was delivered but nothing this time. Maybe some porch pirate stole it. Hard to do in this gated apartment complex but thieves can always find a way. I will be glad when my house is finished being built. 

... Worst case scenario is PGA SS pays for the whole thing but I would hope all share the blame. Fedex should have gotten a signature. The replacement Sim2 will be sent to the SS to avoid this happening a second time. The irony is my Sim2 3 wood was delivered last week and the original Sim2 Max was delivered here, along with a ton of other stuff without a problem. My money is on Fedex making a mistake but who knows? So now I have to wait another month for my driver. Certainly much worse problems in the world but it still sucks. 

Woof that stinks.  At least they’re being good about it for you.  I wouldn’t be shocked to hear stories of stores saying it was delivered and trying to wash their hands with you and making you work with FedEx. 

I have a fitting upcoming to see if I’m leaving anything on the table driver wise and man I hope I’m not because the wait time will drive me crazy! Haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Follow up:

... PGA SS was awesome. They already ordered the new driver and asked Taylor Made to expedite the 6/24 ship date. Interestingly I live in a gated apartment complex that has 8 foot concrete walls around the entire complex and I checked with the office to see if anyone happened to get a wrong package. Not only was there no missing package but they told me I am the very first resident to report a missing delivered package. Of course someone has to be first but I still think Fed Ex screwed up the delivery. At least I can stop looking at my front door everyday as the Sim2 Max will be delivered to the SS to avoid any repeats. There is nothing to prove I didn't receive the driver and just wanted to scam another so great customer service from PGA SS that never questioned the missing Sim2 Max and just stepped up. 

1 hour ago, chisag said:

There is nothing to prove I didn't receive the driver and just wanted to scam another so great customer service from PGA SS that never questioned the missing Sim2 Max and just stepped up. 

I've heard you are a pretty good actor  🤣    Glad to hear it worked out and that everything worked out. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

... Follow up on the follow up:

... Taylor Made sent a replacement Sim2 Max out almost immedietely but unbelievably sent the wrong club. I ordered a Tensei raw blue shaft at 45.25" and grip in the box so I could easily regrip with my Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid I have instead of waiting for a backorder. TM sent the Sim2 Max with a Kuro Kage shaft at standard length with the stock TM grip attached... sigh. So the PGA SS took a Tensei raw blue from a Sim2, cut it down 1/2" and installed a new ST+2 hybrid. It seems simple but it is a paperwork/inventory nightmare. That is the kind of customer service that makes a customer loyal. 

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Follow up on the follow up:

... Taylor Made sent a replacement Sim2 Max out almost immedietely but unbelievably sent the wrong club. I ordered a Tensei raw blue shaft at 45.25" and grip in the box so I could easily regrip with my Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid I have instead of waiting for a backorder. TM sent the Sim2 Max with a Kuro Kage shaft at standard length with the stock TM grip attached... sigh. So the PGA SS took a Tensei raw blue from a Sim2, cut it down 1/2" and installed a new ST+2 hybrid. It seems simple but it is a paperwork/inventory nightmare. That is the kind of customer service that makes a customer loyal. 

Sorry...this is just too much Sam...but at the end of the day it's sorted out so that's good!

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

On 6/2/2021 at 5:41 PM, chisag said:

That really sucks - so sorry - I’m about to do an unofficial Sim 2 Max review as a dove tail to this thread.  The good news is you can play year round. By the time your new one arrives you will only have 3 months of triple digit temps left. 🙂

My folks retired to Scottsdale. I spent a lot of time there especially after Dad died. Loved it out there but would often debate with Mom about when he was hotter Florida or Arizona.

They’re both hot. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

8 minutes ago, revkev said:

That really sucks - so sorry - I’m about to do an unofficial Sim 2 Max review as a dove tail to this thread.  The good news is you can play year round. By the time your new one arrives you will only have 3 months of triple digit temps left. 🙂

My folks retired to Scottsdale. I spent a lot of time there especially after Dad died. Loved it out there but would often debate with Mom about when he was hotter Florida or Arizona.

They’re both hot. 

Agreed, but that humidity in Florida makes a BIG difference.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

3 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Agreed, but that humidity in Florida makes a BIG difference.

Hey I’ve spent a lot of time in both places - heat index gives a sense of real feel. We often have temps in the mid 90’s and heat indexes around 110 with the humidity. AZ has air temps of 110 - same thing. Hot! 🙂

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

5 hours ago, bens197 said:

Sorry...this is just too much Sam...but at the end of the day it's sorted out so that's good!

... Thanks. Taylor Made stocks the Tensei Raw Blue r-flex in the Sim2 but not the Sim2 Max which I think is backwards but whatever. Seemed like a simple order but it was anything but. As you said, it is finally all sorted out and there are much worse things in life than a circuitous route for a golf club. 

3 hours ago, revkev said:

Hey I’ve spent a lot of time in both places - heat index gives a sense of real feel. We often have temps in the mid 90’s and heat indexes around 110 with the humidity. AZ has air temps of 110 - same thing. Hot! 🙂

... The humidity makes a big difference for me. So far I have played in 108* Phoenix heat and it wasn't bad at all riding in a cart. Hottest day I ever played golf was 101* at Myrtle Beach and if the humidity was any higher it would have been raining. Guy came out to find me and said they were closing the course so just park the cart next to the shed and put the key through the slot in the door. I don't use a glove and I was sweating so badly I couldn't hold on to the club and a few holes later I gave up and went back to the hotel and joined my kids in the ocean. I know we sweat here in Phoenix but it never feels like it as it evaporates before forming on your skin. Obviously you have been through both but I really prefer the dry heat. I imagine when it gets to 117 next week I will have a new reference. 🤪 

7 hours ago, chisag said:

... The humidity makes a big difference for me. So far I have played in 108* Phoenix heat and it wasn't bad at all riding in a cart. Hottest day I ever played golf was 101* at Myrtle Beach and if the humidity was any higher it would have been raining. Guy came out to find me and said they were closing the course so just park the cart next to the shed and put the key through the slot in the door. I don't use a glove and I was sweating so badly I couldn't hold on to the club and a few holes later I gave up and went back to the hotel and joined my kids in the ocean. I know we sweat here in Phoenix but it never feels like it as it evaporates before forming on your skin. Obviously you have been through both but I really prefer the dry heat. I imagine when it gets to 117 next week I will have a new reference. 🤪 

Arizona used to be drier still believe it or not. When my folks first moved to Scottsdale in ‘90 they were out on the country. All the development and green stuff that has gone along with it has raised the humidity level in Phoenix and the entire area.

i agree that the heat in AZ is different from Florida. You hardly sweat in AZ but that presents a different issue, you have to hydrate because if you get to when you are thirsty there, it’s too late.

Believe it or not we never get to 100 here. It always rains before that. But we have plenty of days where the heat index is 110. I used to play without a glove until I moved here. Now I do two or three a round. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches