I liked the Masters more when I lived up North. It generally marked the start of the golf season.

It’s a brilliant format on a great and familiar course that often produces a tremendous finish. The limited field almost insured big names on the leaderboard.

I generally don’t watch the final round because our good weather is coming to a close and I’d rather play myself than watch. This year I have a wedding on Saturday so I will miss that round, also.

I think Paul Casey is primed to make some noise.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have 2 Japanese friends and play every Wednesday and know what you mean, Humble. Great guys! BTW Congratulations to Hidecki [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy I think he will be aro

Hats off to Hideki. His face and body language walking up 18 gave me goosebumps. Anyone else excited to see his Champions dinner menu?

+100. I’ve seen Matsuyama light it up before without winning - good to see him get another win, at the best major to boot. They say Japan will go crazy, good for them. And it was nice to see him show

Posted Images

I showed-up to a public course in Baton Rouge yesterday, a course I’ve played since grad school, and the parking lot was PACKED, and when I came around the corner, the driving range was packed too! I was thinking that maybe they had an outing since I’ve never seen it like this before. When I went inside and asked about the outing, and they said no, the Pro said, “It’s Masters week! For most it’s the official start of golf season!” When I teed off at 4:15 they already had 216 groups for the day, with the record being 226! Unreal....

Masters week!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 9

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

44 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I showed-up to a public course in Baton Rouge yesterday, a course I’ve played since grad school, and the parking lot was PACKED, and when I came around the corner, the driving range was packed too! I was thinking that maybe they had an outing since I’ve never seen it like this before. When I went inside and asked about the outing, and they said no, the Pro said, “It’s Masters week! For most it’s the official start of golf season!” When I teed off at 4:15 they already had 216 groups for the day, with the record being 226! Unreal....

Masters week!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

And the 'talking heads' said golf was on a decline! Even more indicative is the order data from the OEM's and how far behind they are.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I am secretly holding out hope that CBS Boots Faldo and Jim Nantz gives us the "From the Augusta National Golf Club, CBS Sports proudly presents The Masters...Hello, Friends, Jim Nantz along with my friend Tony Romo."

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

18 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I am secretly holding out hope that CBS Boots Faldo and Jim Nantz gives us the "From the Augusta National Golf Club, CBS Sports proudly presents The Masters...Hello, Friends, Jim Nantz along with my friend Tony Romo."

Or “Hello Friends, Jim Nantz along with my good friend Tiger Woods.”   ???

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

That could be fun.

• Like 3
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

That could happen.....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

I'm curious what you don't like about Faldo, he has more credibility than Nantz or Romo? I can't stand Romo as an NFL commentator, but he seems to have a following.

• Like 1
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT

Hoping Rory gets his major slam. If he doesn’t another one for Sergio would be fine. After all Bubba has gone thru with his physical and mental health and how he’s been giving back to the game I wouldn’t mind seeing him get another.

With Rickie out I’m pulling for Morikawa this week.

The interesting story is going to be Bryson. Still not a fan of him but like that he’s going about things his way and will be interesting to see his strategy and if he can kind of break thru at the course and crack the top even if he doesn’t win

• Like 5

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

It would be great to see Spieth win again, but back-to-back is so tough. Seeing Rory win would be great, and I love a first time major champion. I have a feeling about Rahm this week. Doesn't it seem like he's always right there?

Take Dead Aim

• Like 3

Take Dead Aim

1 minute ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

It would be great to see Spieth win again, but back-to-back is so tough. Seeing Rory win would be great, and I love a first time major champion. I have a feeling about Rahm this week. Doesn't it seem like he's always right there?

Take Dead Aim

Yeah, how much drama would a Spieth and McIlroy final pairing on Sunday bring?  I bet it would be close to a 50/50 rooting factor.   I truly would be happy with either one winning in that case, would just hope that it came down to final 3 holes.  

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Two pages in and no discussion on the Number 1 player in the world and the defending Master's Champion from just 5 months ago.   

Man how quickly some people forget.   I think DJ will definitely be a factor come Sunday.  Will he pull it off, we will see.  While I can't wait for Sunday's round, I don't want to rush it being over.  I want to soak in every bit of this weeks Live From coverage and the first three rounds.   Afterall it's been 2 years since we saw an April Master's and one with any "patrons" to speak of!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Two pages in and no discussion on the Number 1 player in the world and the defending Master's Champion from just 5 months ago.   

Man how quickly some people forget.   I think DJ will definitely be a factor come Sunday.  Will he pull it off, we will see.  While I can't wait for Sunday's round, I don't want to rush it being over.  I want to soak in every bit of this weeks Live From coverage and the first three rounds.   Afterall it's been 2 years since we saw an April Master's and one with any "patrons" to speak of!

To be fair a lot of us have not discounted DJ for the Masters, we are just dreaming of other names being atop of the leaderboard.

Rory, JT, Koepka, Rahm and Bryson are names we all want to see wearing that green jacket.

And Spieth finally got it done last week, so that would be an awesome come back story.

At the end of the day DJ is going in as #1, but have had a quiet few weeks, since his Saudi International win back in February.

Regardless of the winner, we missed the masters in April and should all be very excited to watch it.

• Like 2

Cut Draw Giveaways

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Woods and Putter set unofficial review.

Instagram tagging contest Crew

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

:SuperSpeed:

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

I am really pulling for Colin. Has that Tiger like focus. If he can get hot, with his iron play, watch out 

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with  :Fuji:Pro 2.0 TS 7X. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34")

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

2 hours ago, Middler said:

I'm curious what you don't like about Faldo, he has more credibility than Nantz or Romo? I can't stand Romo as an NFL commentator, but he seems to have a following.

I dislike all broadcasters equally. My favorite moments of The Masters is the quiet footage of just golf on the app early Thursday and Friday. 

• Like 3
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

35 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I dislike all broadcasters equally. My favorite moments of The Masters is the quiet footage of just golf on the app early Thursday and Friday. 

I agree, most of the tournament is better, and way more enjoyable when there is no narration.

With that in mind, still Nantz is the voice of the masters, the hello friends is one of the most iconic phrases ever.

4 hours ago, bens197 said:

Faldo has lost his touch on the boot, I would love to hear Tony's perspective during the tournament

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

"From the Augusta National Golf Club, CBS Sports proudly presents The Masters...Hello, Friends, Jim Nantz along with my friend Tony Romo, and special guest Tiger Woods"

• Like 1

Cut Draw Giveaways

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Woods and Putter set unofficial review.

Instagram tagging contest Crew

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

:SuperSpeed:

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

Dude that would melt my brain...or Morikawa with either of them and his hype??

Yeah, how much drama would a Spieth and McIlroy final pairing on Sunday bring?  I bet it would be close to a 50/50 rooting factor.   I truly would be happy with either one winning in that case, would just hope that it came down to final 3 holes.  

Take Dead Aim

• Like 1

Take Dead Aim

7 hours ago, PMookie said:

Masters week!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

216 groups or people?  They must use a really compressed tee time interval or that new math I keep hearing about to get that many groups out.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

11 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

216 groups or people?  They must use a really compressed tee time interval or that new math I keep hearing about to get that many groups out.

I'm guessing it's players.  A full tee sheet this time of year for us is 208 with 12 minute tee times.   We increased our intervals last year to 15 and just recently reduced them back to 12.   Pre Covid with 9 minute times this time of year our max was 268. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Shankster said:

Not likely.  I glanced at The Enquirer this morning while waiting in line at the grocery store and they now say the real scoop on Tiger is that he suffered brain damage.  It almost hooked me to buy one and read all of the untold truth... almost 🤣.  Seriously, how do some people sleep at night 😐.  I was half thinking Tiger might make a surprise guest appearance, but after listening to JT being interviewed on PGA Tour radio this morning, don't think so... unless he's in on the zipped lips.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter