4 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm a fan but after playing here for as long as he has you would think he wouldn't need a translator.  

My feeling exactly!!  The Ladies from Korea and Japan make a very good effort to learn English.  Hideki's brand would be much improved if he spent time learning English.  

Aoki is popular on the Champions tour and speaking English is a big reason.  

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have 2 Japanese friends and play every Wednesday and know what you mean, Humble. Great guys! BTW Congratulations to Hidecki [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy I think he will be aro

Hats off to Hideki. His face and body language walking up 18 gave me goosebumps. Anyone else excited to see his Champions dinner menu?

+100. I’ve seen Matsuyama light it up before without winning - good to see him get another win, at the best major to boot. They say Japan will go crazy, good for them. And it was nice to see him show

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Your prediction is coming true, Matsuyama -10

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Well if Matsuyama hadn’t made that all world par save on 18, I would have had it. 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

10 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm a fan but after playing here for as long as he has you would think he wouldn't need a translator.  

I remember an interview from a while ago, he said they always talk to him with a translator but he can speak English well.  I think...?  Maybe it was someone else

• Like 1

I'd  like to see Zalatoris get the win.   Would be nice to see a first time winner also win his first masters. 

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

My feeling exactly!!  The Ladies from Korea and Japan make a very good effort to learn English.  Hideki's brand would be much improved if he spent time learning English.  

Aoki is popular on the Champions tour and speaking English is a big reason.  

LPGA is very big on foreign players learning english.  They have tutors that teach them and I know at one time it was a requirement. 

• Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I think he probably can speak English reasonably well. I know Ichiro Suzuki always used a translator for interviews but could speak English just fine in the clubhouse or on the field with his teammates and competitors.

I remember an interview from a while ago, he said they always talk to him with a translator but he can speak English well.  I think...?  Maybe it was someone else

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I'd  like to see Zalatoris get the win.   Would be nice to see a first time winner also win his first masters. 

I picked Zalatoris to win early this year.  He is certainly a great ball striker, but I was hesitant about his putting at Augusta.  He did quite well!  I wouldn't mind seeing him win either.  

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Matsuyama is on fire now.

I know the feeling... about once a year 🤣.  It's fun when these players just go zonal.  I still contend that Rose may very well have had the best round of the day - Harry Houdiniesque.

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Well, Rose has had a couple fliers, and those aren’t game improvement clubs. This last one Nantz said moisture was maybe the cause, but two in-a-row! Yikes

I’m kind of mad that the rain came in and softened-up the course again. It needed to be difficult like this morning, and then become windy. Crud.

100% came out what -1 through the first however many holes he played and went -6 through 6 after the rain lol. I get it part of the game but damn did those final few groups get some benefit 

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Rose has played well. Interesting things, he is -7. 
he shot -7 on Thursday and some said it was possibly the best round of golf he has ever played, given the conditions that day. 

He shot 72 yesterday and some said it was the best he has played to save a round that could have gone sideways after being 3 over on the round after 7 holes 

today he shot 72 in what some said was the best par saving scrambling rounds they have seen with terrific saves on 11, 14, 15, 17 and 18. 

As Justin Leonard said, and he’s still at -7.   

So hes going to have to be more aggressive tomorrow. 

I’d like to see one of those -7’s (Zalatoris) come out and go -3 through the first 4 holes, to at least make it a bit exciting. 

• Like 5

Bummed to see JT and Finau both fall back a bit, but tomorrow should be a great final day!

• Like 3

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

3/Driving Iron (18°): :Hogan: UiHi Iron (KBS Tour V 110g shaft)

OR

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-4)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (50°, 54° & 58°) post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour OR TP5X

Hideki. Dude. Nothing but respect. 

He shoots 71 tomorrow he wins. Regardless, tomorrow is going to be an awesome finale. 

• Like 5
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

So of those at -7.  Who shoots the lowest round tomorrow?  What do they shoot and is it enough to overtake Hideki. 

• Like 2

Of the four @ -7, I think Zander S. Fires lowest round score. Main dicriminator being I think his putter is best under final round Sunday pressure. I may be wrong though, after all it is the Masters.....

So of those at -7.  Who shoots the lowest round tomorrow?  What do they shoot and is it enough to overtake Hideki. 

Sent from my SM-N960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I hope Hideki pulls it off.  Out of the -7’s, Rose and Leishman wouldn’t be bad... if not one of those 3, Jordan would be the only other player left in the field that If like to see win. Except Stenson, but he’s too far back.

• Like 2

I would love to Zalatoris light it up with a 65 to win by 1 and become an instant legend! 

• Like 2

I’m still crossing my fingers that Spieth can pull it off but, a Matsuyama victory would be pretty sweet as well. 

• Like 1

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 460 9.5*

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 4-PW

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

Here's an example of why I continue to be completely baffled by many of the roll the ball back crew. They complain players never have to hit long shots into greens anymore and when there's a hole that the majority of the field has long shots into the green, they still complain. And even then a few guys are still capable of carrying those bunkers. Bryson did it on Friday. He hit some poor shots on Thursday there and today but he is more than capable of taking the bunkers on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I really like this leaderboard.  Will be pulling for Hideki but would be fine with any of the guys at -7 winning it too.  I've loved his ball striking since I first saw him at the Masters and am a Srixon fanboy, so it would be sweet.  It may be Leishman's turn to get hot, though.  He can definitely get in a zone and stay there.  

I have definitely seen Hideki talking with non-Japanese on the course, even if just short clips so I think it's pretty clear that he understands most of what he hears in conversational English and can communicate at least in phrases.  I guess he just isn't confident enough to try to speak a response on TV.   

• Like 4

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Flash Driver & 3W

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Flash 2H

:srixon-small: ZX 3U

:cleveland-small: Cobra F7 4-5H

:mizuno-small: MP-32 3-PW OR :srixon-small:Z745 5-PW

:srixon-small: AW 51

:ping-small: 2.0 Glide Stealth 55 & 60

:ping-small: B60 Putter