TESTERS WANTED! ×

Big Week on Tours for Titleist Equipment News

Golfspy_CG2

The biggest news was Jordan Spieth finally breaking a nearly 4 year win drought.  After being in contention on Sunday a few times over the past two months, Spieth won the Valero Texas Open on Sunday.  

Here are some equipment notes on Spieth and also an interesting note about LPGA World No. 1 Jin Young Ko switching to a Titleist TSi Driver mid round during a Major Championship.

PGA TOUR | Valero Texas Open: Jordan Spieth – playing a Pro V1x golf ball, TSi3 driver, T100 irons, Vokey Design SM8 wedges and Scotty Cameron putter (full WITB below) – closed in 6-under 66 to win the Valero Texas Open by two shots. … Spieth led the field with 26 birdies, while finishing in the Top 6 in four Strokes Gained categories: Tee to Green (3rd); Approach to the Green (4th), Around the Green (3rd) and Putting (6th). … He also led the field in average proximity from 50-125 yards and had a tournament-best 44 one-putts, the second-most of his career. … It was Spieth’s most Strokes Gained tee-to-green (18.59) in any of his 12 TOUR victories … He is only the fifth player in the last 40 years to win 12 times on TOUR before the age of 28.

WHAT’S IN JORDAN SPIETH’S BAG?:

Titleist Pro V1x

TSi3 10.0 driver | Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 X

TS2 15.0 fairway | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7 X

818 H2 21.0 hybrid | Graphite Design Tour AD DI-95 X

T100 4-9 irons | True Temper Project X 6.5

Vokey Design SM8 46.08F pitching wedge | True Temper Project X 6.5

Vokey Design SM8 52.08F, 56.10S, 60T proto wedges | True Temper Project X 6.0

Scotty Cameron 009 putter

WORLD NO. 1 MAKES SWITCH TO TSi DRIVER: The World’s No. 1 player made a mid-tournament driver change during last week’s KIA Classic in California, switching from a competitive model to a Titleist TSi3 after the first round at Aviara Golf Club.

Following her opening 18 Thursday morning, she made the short drive from Carlsbad to the Titleist Performance Institute in nearby Oceanside to test the new TSi models.  It took no more than 30 minutes for her to get dialed in to a TSi3 11.0 driver with a Graphite Design IZ 5R shaft (45”), while working with Titleist fitters Aaron Luttrell and Nick Geyer. The new setup delivered added ball speed with a more optimal spin number for increased carry distance.

Over the final three rounds, she averaged 264 yards off the tee, 12 yards longer than her Round 1 average. She averaged 272 yards off the tee this week at the ANA, where she finished T-7 after a final-round 68.

“I changed driver last week after the first round,” she told LPGA.com this week. “I went to the Titleist [Performance Institute] center [in Oceanside] and tried a couple drivers, picked a really good one. I used that next three days and hit really good last week. I had good practice [with it] last three days at Mission Hills [Country Club], so can’t wait for tomorrow and all four days.”

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 1 month later...