TESTERS WANTED! ×

Rypstick Speed Training

null

49 minutes ago, edingc said:

I just finished workout No. 8 of 12 in the first phase yesterday. Like @jlukes I'm less concerned about speed increases at this current moment and more shooting to maintain what I already have. A few rounds ago I had three drives of 285+ so it seems to be doing the job, so far.

It has been very nice to consolidate the three sticks into one, and I really like the volume of the Rypstick protocols so far. It's enough volume to be a workout, but not so much that I won't want to continue it as I get further into summertime. I basically quit on SuperSpeed once I got to the third protocols. I couldn't keep up the volume without being completely exhausted.

No weights/one weight/two weights seem to correspond pretty well to the green/blue/red SuperSpeed clubs in regards to the numbers I see on the radar. I seem to be a little bit faster with the Rypstick but that could just be the radar picking up different points on different sticks. I haven't actually weighed the Rypstick to compare, I should do that though.

I still haven't scheduled my fitness assessment, I am going to make a point to do that soon. 

Similar boat for me. Not necessarily chasing additional speed right now, but undoubtedly it will come as a result of continuing to progress through the levels. I've continued with 3 times per week and feel the ball is jumping off the face more than typical throughout my bag. An unadvertised benefit is improved/solid ball striking. Swinging fast promotes swinging through the ball, which benefits all clubs in the bag. Now just need to club correctly for the additional speed and distance. Lots of sub-70 rounds in my future with some help from RypStick!

2 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

So how does this compare to the max swing speed trainer?

Haven't actually seen the MaxSwing - but looking at their web site the similarity is that its one stick/club, and you can vary the weights.  Max has 5 weights, and RYP has three.  A difference, the RYP also has a counter balance weight in the butt end of the club, no such weight in the Max.   Looking at just the first protocol the RYP has three swings between weight changes, the Max has two - so you have more steps between max weights.  The Max has a 100 gram difference between fully loaded and empty, the Ryp has a difference of 90 grams if its just the head weights, and 160 grams if you include the counter weight. The Ryp comes in 5 different lengths, it appears the Max comes in just one.

The science behind all these speed trainers is essentially the same. The stick is the tool.  Its how you do that training with the tool. To that end, you have to give the Ryp major points for doing an assessment of what you can physically do, what you need help with and then develop an individualized exercise routine to maximize it.

So to that end the difference may be the protocols or training they set up for you to use with the tool. I'm not doing a deep dive there - I've already committed to the Ryp protocols.  I did notice - couldn't help it - that some things look familiar like swinging on your knees, a step swing.  I like that Ryp has some swing correction protocols as well - I did not see that on the Max web site. The Ryp also includes a swing analysis and fitness analysis - not on the Max.  That may be why the Ryp is more expensive

The cost differential  may also be in the quality of the product, development and production.  The Ryp's mechanism for adding and subtracting weight is pretty slick, but its is probably more expensive to develop, mold, and build than the Max' screw in  20 gram components.  Not a judgment, as I haven't seen the Max - but I'm just a guess on the difficulty to manufacture.  

Just my observations from afar

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really loving the Rypstick as a quick tool to loosen up a bit before the round. Much more convenient than carrying multiple sticks in that regard, and I also prefer it to my SKLZ Gold Flex stick that is more geared toward tempo than speed/loosening up.

I'm just about done with the first 12 workout set. Truth be told, I haven't really been tracking (I do use the radar) and I'm not even positive I haven't already completed my 12th workout. Again, my goal was to keep my speed up and not necessarily add.

I am starting to see the effects of speed training throughout the bag, however. During this morning's round Arccos measured two tee shots with my 4 hybrid (which I treat like a 5/6 wood) at 250 and 259 yards. I also notched a 169 yard 9 iron, and on No. 17 needing a little cut against a 10 MPH wind, I landed another 9 iron around 160 right where I was aimed.

The stick has held up really well, and the mechanism is solid. It is really simple to change the weights. The workouts are just the right amount of swings. I still hate the knee swings, but overall I am beginning to understand how they improve speed and the swing.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I began thinking about this again this morning on the drive into work.  Having gotten some info from @jlukes on it, I feel pretty versed.  I guess it's all about making the commitment to doing the work.  As Phil said, you just have to work harder at this point to keep up.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I began thinking about this again this morning on the drive into work.  Having gotten some info from @jlukes on it, I feel pretty versed.  I guess it's all about making the commitment to doing the work.  As Phil said, you just have to work harder at this point to keep up.  

What you put in is what you get out. Could I be training  more frequently and more aggressively to see bigger gains? Probably. But for me it’s more about maintenance with any small gains being a nice bonus

• 2 weeks later...

Thought it’d be good to check in again as I woke up to an email from Sarah with Rypstick’s this morning checking in to see how I was doing with the TPI exercise regimen she prescribed for me. I grumbled a bit about jack knife sit ups... but everything is going ok. I’m more likely to miss a work out than a rypstick protocol. 

speaking of the protocol - because I don’t use a speed measuring device when I use the rypstick, I can only use my Mevo+ when I hit an actual ball, my measurements are only when I practice. 

today my average club head speed was 96.1 mph. On April 27 it was 89.1 mph. 

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts

10 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Thought it’d be good to check in again as I woke up to an email from Sarah with Rypstick’s this morning checking in to see how I was doing with the TPI exercise regimen she prescribed for me. I grumbled a bit about jack knife sit ups... but everything is going ok. I’m more likely to miss a work out than a rypstick protocol. 

speaking of the protocol - because I don’t use a speed measuring device when I use the rypstick, I can only use my Mevo+ when I hit an actual ball, my measurements are only when I practice. 

today my average club head speed was 96.1 mph. On April 27 it was 89.1 mph. 

Just out of curiosity,  what types of exercises did she prescribe to you?

Titleist TSI3 8°, Xcaliber Avalon 6 tour stiff, tipped 1", C3 surefit and H2 for backweight, D1 SW, 45 3/8", 40g counterbalance weight;

PING G425 LST 3 wood, set at 13.5° Xcaliber T6* tour stiff, tipped 1 1/4" 43 1/2", D1, 20g counterbalance weight;

Snake Eyes 19° Quick Strike Tour, Xcaliber T6+ Tour Stiff, 20g counterbalance weight;

Maltby TS-1 irons, Modus 120x soft stepped once, D5, 2° flat;

Cleveland RTX Zipcore wedges, black satin, 50°, 54°, 58°, all 2° flat;

Ping TR series Anser 5, 33", 2° flat, 1.5° strong, 75g optivibe at 2" down the shaft and a 12g tourlock pro+ counterweight

Srixon Z Star XV, TP5X, or Maxfli Tour X

14 hours ago, jtgavigan said:

Just out of curiosity,  what types of exercises did she prescribe to you?

First she did an assessment - a series of mobility and flexibility tests. Then we talked, and I committed to three 30-45 minute sessions a week, but with no equipment.  I said that it has to be stuff I can do in my hotel room or basement. The only equipment I always have access to is a golf club - so that’s what it calls for.  It’s all TPI based on their web site. She set me up w a calendar so Monday is “lower body”, Wednesday is “upper body” and Friday is “power”.  It can be things like torso turns on one leg, clam shells, disassociation planks, A frame stretch, a series of plank rotations, lunge routines, shoulder rotations, T rotation push ups, A skips, split lunge rotations, burpees, and my favorite - jack knife sit ups. Each day has about ten different sequences, and each day is different. Most are three sets of 8-12 actions.  Some are exercise that gets my pulse up, some are stretches. She has changed it a bit, and will make some changes for this month too. The TPI web site has you log in and you can watch a thirty second video for each activity and she has how many you are supposed to do per set and how many sets. 

Thanks. 🙂

Titleist TSI3 8°, Xcaliber Avalon 6 tour stiff, tipped 1", C3 surefit and H2 for backweight, D1 SW, 45 3/8", 40g counterbalance weight;

PING G425 LST 3 wood, set at 13.5° Xcaliber T6* tour stiff, tipped 1 1/4" 43 1/2", D1, 20g counterbalance weight;

Snake Eyes 19° Quick Strike Tour, Xcaliber T6+ Tour Stiff, 20g counterbalance weight;

Maltby TS-1 irons, Modus 120x soft stepped once, D5, 2° flat;

Cleveland RTX Zipcore wedges, black satin, 50°, 54°, 58°, all 2° flat;

Ping TR series Anser 5, 33", 2° flat, 1.5° strong, 75g optivibe at 2" down the shaft and a 12g tourlock pro+ counterweight

Srixon Z Star XV, TP5X, or Maxfli Tour X

On 6/12/2021 at 7:21 PM, jlukes said:

Anyone with a Rypstick also have an alignment stick cover? Curious If one would fit over the top so I can keep it in my bag and have the cover on top to prevent accidental knocking on clubheads

Great thought. I don't have an alignment stick cover currently, but I'm looking to get one. I've seen a few that appear to be fairly narrow, not wide enough to cover the head of the RypStick. Let everyone know what you find out. I will do the same. 

I just finished Level 2 with my RypStick and can confidently say my speed is way up. Without any weights and normal swing (no heal lift or step) I'm touching 130mph, and with 2 weights I'm hitting low 120s. I've stayed away from using all 3 weights to save my back. This transfers to a driver speed gain on course from 100-105mph to 110-115mph! I think there is more speed to get if I can utilize my legs more. What have others been seeing for results?

On the fitness side, I do a YouTube video from Sydney Cummings 5-6 days per week. She is awesome and uses compound movements a lot instead of static isolation lifts. Great mix of weights, cardio, stretching, etc. 

On 6/12/2021 at 8:21 PM, jlukes said:

Anyone with a Rypstick also have an alignment stick cover? Curious If one would fit over the top so I can keep it in my bag and have the cover on top to prevent accidental knocking on clubheads

So Rypstick has informed me they are releasing a headcover for the rypstick soon!  Will be a day one purchase for me 

4 hours ago, TGrimmius said:

Also, has anyone else had the butt-end of the grip slide? I have about 2 inches of loose grip at the end after using through Level 2.

Yes, my experience has been that the butt end of the grip stretches a bit. I just tap it on the ground to reseat it after a few swings.

I assume it has to do with the counterweight and not being able to have tape all the way to the end of the grip.

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up

Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

On 6/16/2021 at 4:41 PM, edingc said:

Yes, my experience has been that the butt end of the grip stretches a bit. I just tap it on the ground to reseat it after a few swings.

I assume it has to do with the counterweight and not being able to have tape all the way to the end of the grip.

Yeah, I find it slides a bit too.  Not too much though.  I can't feel it, but it clearly does.  Maybe half an inch.

Just started the 2nd protocol.  I hate those swings on the knees..  Feels so awkward.  They also revamped my TPI exercise routine.  So we shall see.  I've picked up 6 mph but seem to have gotten stuck.  So we'll see if the new protocol helps bump out of that plateau.

A side benefit - with my irons - tough I have not seen a swing speed increase - it sure feels like I am making better, crisper contact.  Flushed one out of the rough today and felt that it was because of this.  They have me doing the Anti-Caster drill - and that is helping as much as anything.

Rypstick released their headcover last week and I ordered mine immediately - hoping to have it by the end of this week.

Still really enjoying this device - it keep it in the bag and use it before every round and before every practice session in addition to the workouts I do with throughout the week.

I averaged 97.4 mph this weekend during a practice session, with a standard deviation of only .8 over twenty shots (yes, that .4 is important to me...)  I know, nothing to write home about for most, but I started at 89.1, and had been stuck around 94/95 for a while.   I think I figured something out to help me release my wrists more easily.    In the last week of two months of their training, and protocol #2 with the casting drill. 

Did a virtual lesson with Dr. Luke this weekend.  I was watching myself on video the other day from a range session and I’m still casting it just as hard as before. Luke said it maybe the craziest casting move he’s ever seen.  I get my right (trail) arm stuck way behind me and really bend my lead (left) arm and throw the club way early.  So… we had several back and forth to make sire I’m doing a drill correctly, and he’s kicking me ahead to protocol four with those wrist swings and one arm stone skipping swings. 

one the plus side, when I was shooting the videos for Luke I did catch one w a 101 club speed. Nothing for the young flatbellies, I know, but I’ve never seen it (or way back when I did I radars didn’t exist) 

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to check in and see how the training was going for everyone? I am interested in picking up a speed training stick and was leaning rypstick. Want to get a head start on the winter

WITB

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Speed 9* w/ MMT 60X

Wood: :titelist-small: 910 13.5* w/GD-DI 70 (Currently looking 👀)

Hybrid:  :titelist-small: TS3 21*

Irons: :callaway-small: Rogue Pro 4-A w/ X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Black MG2 54, 58

Putter: :taylormade-small: Itsy Bitsy Spider, red

1 hour ago, 3JackCity said:

Just wanted to check in and see how the training was going for everyone? I am interested in picking up a speed training stick and was leaning rypstick. Want to get a head start on the winter

I haven't been very good about getting my reps in, but it will get its use in the off season. Still, definitely a quality product. I can't say I'm longer because of it, but in general I am the longest I've ever been. It hasn't hurt my speed, that's for sure!

I've been contemplating doing my fitness assessment and joining their fitness program for three months as some additional motivation. Unsure if I will actually follow through with that or not.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

I'm absolutely up in speed.  I've been doing their fitness regimen for the last few months, and Luke gave me a specific drill to stop my flying elbow.  While my speed is up -from 89 to 97 - I'm also leaving the club face open - so I've got to work on that. Luke warned me that might happen with the drill has has me working on.

I finally did my free fitness assessment with Sarah from Rypstick yesterday. I was very impressed with the consultation given it was included in the price. Sarah is very knowledgeable and even went out of her way to meet with me from a park and not her office because we got our time zones crossed up.

I'm happy to say we discovered no physical limitations. We did find that I need to work on training my brain some with certain movement patterns, especially in the hips. No surprise to me there.

Sarah is going to put together a three day per week plan for me to start this month and then we will re-evaluate once my number of rounds played per week drops after Labor Day.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

On 7/28/2021 at 6:38 PM, edingc said:

I haven't been very good about getting my reps in, but it will get its use in the off season. Still, definitely a quality product. I can't say I'm longer because of it, but in general I am the longest I've ever been. It hasn't hurt my speed, that's for sure!

I've been contemplating doing my fitness assessment and joining their fitness program for three months as some additional motivation. Unsure if I will actually follow through with that or not.

Cody, I know you've used SuperSpeed in the past...do you find this to be superior/better?

I'm not concerned with having one stick versus three, and I don't think I know everything but I'm really not concerned with the fitness prescriptions either.  What I am concerned with is what seems like high volume from SuperSpeed protocols versus the emerging competition (Rypstick, Stack...)  Any thoughts on the training protocols specifically?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

35 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Cody, I know you've used SuperSpeed in the past...do you find this to be superior/better?

I'm not concerned with having one stick versus three, and I don't think I know everything but I'm really not concerned with the fitness prescriptions either.  What I am concerned with is what seems like high volume from SuperSpeed protocols versus the emerging competition (Rypstick, Stack...)  Any thoughts on the training protocols specifically?

I just refreshed my memory on the SuperSpeed protocols and it looks like they may have cut down the number of swings? Looks like level one is now three swings each side. Pretty sure it used to be five?

If they have dropped the volume some, it's very similar to the Rypstick. My main reason to moving to the Rypstick was for the single club. My SuperSpeed set was DIY as well, and so I wanted something that was more "official." If the Stack system had supported Android I would have looked harder at that.

I don't believe the fitness assessment/routine is going to be much different than anything else out there, but for me, if I spend a little money on the personal training aspects I'm more apt to follow them. I don't pay for gym access and have quite a bit of equipment at home now, so a monthly fee for training in the off season isn't a huge deal.

It sounds like @WaffleHouseTour is working with Luke specifically and is getting some custom programming with the Rypstick to aid certain flaws. My swing analysis from Luke in the spring did not recommend anything custom (just recommended more hip turn) so I just started on the first programming level.

I doubt there is any magic to the Rypstick protocols in general - most of the overspeed stuff out there today is pretty similar.

My cruising speed is now 107-109 when I'm warmed up and swinging well. It was higher in the winter but Sarah said she commonly sees speeds drop among golfers as the season wears on. If I could get to 113-115 cruising speed by this point next year, I'd be ecstatic.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

On 8/4/2021 at 8:54 AM, edingc said:

I just refreshed my memory on the SuperSpeed protocols and it looks like they may have cut down the number of swings? Looks like level one is now three swings each side. Pretty sure it used to be five?

If they have dropped the volume some, it's very similar to the Rypstick. My main reason to moving to the Rypstick was for the single club. My SuperSpeed set was DIY as well, and so I wanted something that was more "official." If the Stack system had supported Android I would have looked harder at that.

I don't believe the fitness assessment/routine is going to be much different than anything else out there, but for me, if I spend a little money on the personal training aspects I'm more apt to follow them. I don't pay for gym access and have quite a bit of equipment at home now, so a monthly fee for training in the off season isn't a huge deal.

It sounds like @WaffleHouseTour is working with Luke specifically and is getting some custom programming with the Rypstick to aid certain flaws. My swing analysis from Luke in the spring did not recommend anything custom (just recommended more hip turn) so I just started on the first programming level.

I doubt there is any magic to the Rypstick protocols in general - most of the overspeed stuff out there today is pretty similar.

My cruising speed is now 107-109 when I'm warmed up and swinging well. It was higher in the winter but Sarah said she commonly sees speeds drop among golfers as the season wears on. If I could get to 113-115 cruising speed by this point next year, I'd be ecstatic.

Thanks Cody.

Can’t speak to whether or not the SuperSpeed protocols have changed, just know they’re 3 reps at Level 1 but eventually jump to 4 and then 5 in the later levels, with additional swing formats.  I’m doing C Club too; when you get to Level 4 they want you to cut out some regular reps and add in the C Club protocols…it gets to be a ton of volume.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

• 3 weeks later...

I am seeing some results from the workouts and renewed commitment to using the Rypstick three times per week.

My Arccos "Smart Distance" for my driving has increased to 279 yards, with a "Smart Range" of 269-296 yards. At the conclusion of #CobraConnect4 last summer, I was somewhere in the mid-260s. While we've had firmer conditions this year than in past, I am definitely longer both off the tee and with my irons.

I've even had a handful of 295-plus drives, which had previously been a once or twice per season occurrence.

I have a few more workouts left in the level one protocols and then will continue on to level two. Following the Labor Day holiday I am planning to have another session with Sarah to set a higher intensity program for the offseason.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

• 2 weeks later...

I finally finished up the "Fast Track Level 1" protocol after taking a short break around the Labor Day holiday. I put all of the data I collected into Google Sheets, and I can't say I've made a huge movement one way or another. I do think my non-dominant side swings improved a little bit.

The last swings of the protocol are dominant hand swings with two weights. I briefly saw an uptick in speed here but otherwise was as consistent as I can be with the cheap Sports Sensors Speed Radar:

image.png.98dce10e4283944aede419c6edb7b2cd.png

I'm not terribly surprised with my results as I've been doing SuperSpeed protocols on-and-off since the winter of 2018. I've mentioned it before, but I think the largest speed gains for me are now going to be the result of improving my raw power output by lifting heavier weights and improving swing mechanics. 

That being said, I've been longer off the tee on course since restarting the Rypstick protocols. Combined with a slight swing change from a lesson a few weeks back, and dry conditions, I've hit more 295-plus drives in the past month than I have in the past three seasons combined. That included a wind-aided 320-yard bomb slightly uphill. 

I'm on to month two working with Sarah Iverson at Ryp Golf. I believe I am committed for three months. I've enjoyed having a second set of eyes on my workout plans and having access to the MyTPI portal for exercise ideas has been good. My one criticism of the MyTPI stuff is that they don't appear to have much devoted to building raw strength. I've already been tweaking programs to introduce barbells and periodization, which I've found to work well for me in the past.

I plan on sticking with Sarah and her outlines through the three month period, but will probably go back to a more homebrewed plan starting in November. Between the exercises/stretching from MyTPI, Fit for Golf and lifting weights through with the big compound movements, I think I can come up with something to help me reach my goals by the start of the 2022 golf season.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

• 2 weeks later...

Not often I'm taking pictures of where my drive ended up from behind the green looking back on the tee box:

IMG_18092021_200220_(1280_x_960_pixel).jpg.7d13331727ee19ede39c5d74b16eac71.jpg

I knew I hit it well, but the closest I had come to this green was a 315-yarder last weekend that ended up just short of it. The tees were up maybe 10 yards today, so this was probably 315-320 (Arccos decided to be cranky this morning). All I know is that it felt amazing off the club face.

The last couple of times out I've been bringing the Rypstick with me to the course and working through nearly a full workout to warmup. It's a lot of swings but after I'm through with them, I am very, very loose and ready to go. It usually would take me 5-6 holes of walking to get warm and loose, but now I step up to the first tee and am fully ready to go.

I wish I had found this warm-up routine earlier in the season, but I'm excited to have found something that is working so well. This was only my third driver swing of the morning above, and to hit one that far with that few of swings is awesome.

Highly recommend the Rypstick if only for warming up. The variable weights in one stick make taking it to the course so simple.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: 

Now when I see these swing speed training threads, I immediately think of @Shankster😬.  I'm intrigued but at the same time hesitant.  I would be so pissed off at myself if I aggravate my left shoulder which, knock on wood, has been doing so much better of late.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

43 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Now when I see these swing speed training threads, I immediately think of @Shankster😬.  I'm intrigued but at the same time hesitant.  I would be so pissed off at myself if I aggravate my left shoulder which, knock on wood, has been doing so much better of late.  

Certainly always a risk. The first season I did the SuperSpeed protocols with my DIY sticks I pulled a muscle on my left side that made opposite-handed swings for me impossible for about two months.

I'm usually not going "full tilt" right away when warming up with the Rypstick and treat it as more of a dynamic warmup. I still enjoy some static/lightly dynamic stretching, but tend to relegate that to before lifting weights now. If my goal is to swing a golf club, my warmup is going to be swinging a golf club. 

I tend to do most of my Rypstick work at night when I'm sufficiently loose from the day's activities and can go harder then. So far, so good.

3 Wood: 
4 Utility: 
5-PW:
50°, 54°, 58°:
Putter:
Grips: 

Riding On: