Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Rypstick Speed Training

null

20 hours ago, DechamBRO said:

Anyone using the rypradar? Is it worth it to have that feedback?

A) my wife got me their radar for Christmas and I used it all winter long. It’s good for speed. It’s not a Mevo or a trackman - just speed. So it’s fine and cheap. At the time my Mevo+ required a ball to be hit and so was useless to me. This did the job. Just make sure you place it correctly.

B) absolutely get the physical assessment done. Sarah has been great to work with. She set me up on a TPI account and customized a set of work outs for me, mixed things up every month. I was honest about how often I could do them - interspaced w my elliptical and yoga practice. 

C) I think feedback is super important. So yes to the radar. But I also ingrained some bad habits over the winter just swinging at nothing.  My posture got wonky. So when the ground is covered in snow and I get out my rypstick again I have to pay attention to that and to find somewhere I can actually hit a ball once a week or every two weeks. But that is just me. 

D) my own experience - if you ever feel like the shaft is sliding in the grip… like you have to tap it back into place - immediately go to your local pro shop and have them regrip it. They’ll get the counter weight thing put into the end. Trust me.  If you bought one recently it shouldn’t be a problem. But if you bought it used, or if it’s older, their initial models had a problem w slipping that I know they corrected. They are absolutely great on communication. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Still haven’t heard back…disappointing 

Driver:   :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX LS, 10.5, stiff

:taylormade-small: BRNR MiniDriver, S-Flex

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Rouge ST MAX 3 wood, stiff

Fairway:  :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX 3 hybrid, S-flex

Irons:   New Level 902 OS, 5-PW, S-Flex

Wedges: :taylormade-small: hi-toe 50, 54, 58,  DG S300 S-flex

Putter:  :EVNROLL: Zero

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour/Z Star

Grips:  Golf Pride Z Grip midsize

On 8/29/2022 at 2:20 PM, DechamBRO said:

Did my first training day today…more intense than I would have thought, had to take a nap 😃 really thinking about getting the radar now, I think it would really help to see some kind of feedback. 

How did everyone get the swing assessment? I didn’t get any sort of instructions on doing that.

Also, pretty sure I am the worst lefty in the world.

I didn't get it either. 

I emailed them about the levels, kinda asked about the assessment also, didn't get a response. 

:cobra-small: LTDx LS 9*D,  HZRDUS Green HC 60g 6.0, 45" 4g + 12g weight 
:cobra-small: King LTD @ 14.5* HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 42.5"
:cobra-small: King LTD  @ 17.5*, HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 4
0.5"/ :cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 2 @ 17*, Ventus Black 10x, 39.25"

:cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 4 OL @ 20* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
wishon.png.f487cdf69e368c89461d72fa6fc7bbe4.pngEQ1-NX OL 5i-PW Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36
"

Cobra SBOL 48*, 52*, 56* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
OIP.jpg.04da427c8e36dc0d247492fdfa8569f6.jpgC-Series DW Armlock

Vice Pro Plus

11 hours ago, BADFanBoi Scotty said:

I didn't get it either. 

I emailed them about the levels, kinda asked about the assessment also, didn't get a response. 

I was finally able to get it. I emailed their customer support, then Sarah reached back to me. 

Driver:   :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX LS, 10.5, stiff

:taylormade-small: BRNR MiniDriver, S-Flex

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Rouge ST MAX 3 wood, stiff

Fairway:  :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX 3 hybrid, S-flex

Irons:   New Level 902 OS, 5-PW, S-Flex

Wedges: :taylormade-small: hi-toe 50, 54, 58,  DG S300 S-flex

Putter:  :EVNROLL: Zero

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour/Z Star

Grips:  Golf Pride Z Grip midsize

• 6 months later...

I just got the Rypstick and radar package a few days ago, tried it out today for the first time.  Has anyone had issues with the radar registering club waggles or the takeaway instead of the actual swing?  

Out of a couple dozen attempts to get a reading from my driver, I only got two because it kept giving an early reading, usually right as I was at the top of my backswing.  It kept giving the same reading of 24, so I’m wondering if perhaps I just got a lemon unit?  It didn’t seem to have the same issue when using the Rypstick itself.  

• 2 months later...

Thanks to the MGS coupon and suggestion, I just received the Rypstick and radar today as an early Father's Day present.  FABWIFE really is fab!

Some initial impressions:

Like you, @rfasian, I got some false readings.  But those did not affect my actual readings.

I swing slower with the Rypstick thank I do with my driver.  Probably a flex thing.

Building in lag - which for me means getting my hips and knees going earlier and hands behind -- seems to make about a 4-5 mph difference in swing speed.

I swing slower than I thought I did.  I maxed out with my driver at 98 mph, but that was after the entire warm up and workout.  I intend to check it earlier in the process next time.  lt also makes no sense given the distances I have been able to achieve lately.  I am wondering about whether the data will sort itself out on that front over time.

I am glad I have been focusing on fitness previously.  I worked up a sweat swinging that hard.

Non-dominant (lefty for me) swings feel super weird!

The counter-balance weight kept falling off.  After I nearly lost it, I epoxied it on.  I recognize that may pose a challenge when I change the grip, but . . . will cross that bridge when I come to it, I suppose.

I am eager to see if this actually helps.  

BTW - This is yet another aspect of my game that I hope to improve thanks to suggestions from all you awesome folks at MGS -- mods, posters, etc.  Thank you!

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (ACCRA FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042