Rypstick Speed Training

On 6/12/2021 at 7:21 PM, jlukes said:

Anyone with a Rypstick also have an alignment stick cover? Curious If one would fit over the top so I can keep it in my bag and have the cover on top to prevent accidental knocking on clubheads

Great thought. I don't have an alignment stick cover currently, but I'm looking to get one. I've seen a few that appear to be fairly narrow, not wide enough to cover the head of the RypStick. Let everyone know what you find out. I will do the same. 

I just finished Level 2 with my RypStick and can confidently say my speed is way up. Without any weights and normal swing (no heal lift or step) I'm touching 130mph, and with 2 weights I'm hitting low 120s. I've stayed away from using all 3 weights to save my back. This transfers to a driver speed gain on course from 100-105mph to 110-115mph! I think there is more speed to get if I can utilize my legs more. What have others been seeing for results?

On the fitness side, I do a YouTube video from Sydney Cummings 5-6 days per week. She is awesome and uses compound movements a lot instead of static isolation lifts. Great mix of weights, cardio, stretching, etc. 

• Like 1

Also, has anyone else had the butt-end of the grip slide? I have about 2 inches of loose grip at the end after using through Level 2.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 8:21 PM, jlukes said:

Anyone with a Rypstick also have an alignment stick cover? Curious If one would fit over the top so I can keep it in my bag and have the cover on top to prevent accidental knocking on clubheads

So Rypstick has informed me they are releasing a headcover for the rypstick soon!  Will be a day one purchase for me 

• Like 1

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:EVNROLL: ER1v
:titelist-small: ProV1

4 hours ago, TGrimmius said:

Also, has anyone else had the butt-end of the grip slide? I have about 2 inches of loose grip at the end after using through Level 2.

Yes, my experience has been that the butt end of the grip stretches a bit. I just tap it on the ground to reseat it after a few swings.

I assume it has to do with the counterweight and not being able to have tape all the way to the end of the grip.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 8.5 (Last Updated July 22, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

On 6/16/2021 at 4:41 PM, edingc said:

Yes, my experience has been that the butt end of the grip stretches a bit. I just tap it on the ground to reseat it after a few swings.

I assume it has to do with the counterweight and not being able to have tape all the way to the end of the grip.

Yeah, I find it slides a bit too.  Not too much though.  I can't feel it, but it clearly does.  Maybe half an inch.

Just started the 2nd protocol.  I hate those swings on the knees..  Feels so awkward.  They also revamped my TPI exercise routine.  So we shall see.  I've picked up 6 mph but seem to have gotten stuck.  So we'll see if the new protocol helps bump out of that plateau.

A side benefit - with my irons - tough I have not seen a swing speed increase - it sure feels like I am making better, crisper contact.  Flushed one out of the rough today and felt that it was because of this.  They have me doing the Anti-Caster drill - and that is helping as much as anything.

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Rypstick released their headcover last week and I ordered mine immediately - hoping to have it by the end of this week.

Still really enjoying this device - it keep it in the bag and use it before every round and before every practice session in addition to the workouts I do with throughout the week.

• Like 2

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:EVNROLL: ER1v
:titelist-small: ProV1

I averaged 97.4 mph this weekend during a practice session, with a standard deviation of only .8 over twenty shots (yes, that .4 is important to me...)  I know, nothing to write home about for most, but I started at 89.1, and had been stuck around 94/95 for a while.   I think I figured something out to help me release my wrists more easily.    In the last week of two months of their training, and protocol #2 with the casting drill. 

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts

Did a virtual lesson with Dr. Luke this weekend.  I was watching myself on video the other day from a range session and I’m still casting it just as hard as before. Luke said it maybe the craziest casting move he’s ever seen.  I get my right (trail) arm stuck way behind me and really bend my lead (left) arm and throw the club way early.  So… we had several back and forth to make sire I’m doing a drill correctly, and he’s kicking me ahead to protocol four with those wrist swings and one arm stone skipping swings. 

one the plus side, when I was shooting the videos for Luke I did catch one w a 101 club speed. Nothing for the young flatbellies, I know, but I’ve never seen it (or way back when I did I radars didn’t exist) 

• Like 2