TESTERS WANTED! ×

2021 Official Review: Motocaddy M5 and M7

Ok I think most of the folks know my background. I am 64 years old now. I had retired working part time for the company I was with. Had a bad accident at work ended up breaking my back both sides of the L-2 and collapsing the disc. Also broke my shoulder and had a bad concussion. Prior to the accident I had been walking some with like 5 clubs of my classic gear in a Moonlite bag.  I was walking like 5 holes a day and then hooking up with my buds riding in the afternoons at least 18. I had actually lost about 20 LBS of weight without trying or altering my diet any. Then wham the accident. I was bedridden for about 4 months even though I tried to get out a couple of hours each day practicing putting with a broomhandle putter with my back brace on. Yep I gained weight back and added some. I had progressed some and had permission from my Docs to hit balls some along with my physical therapy. But the Docs did not want me to even carry the 5 club Moonlite set up. I resorted to an old antique Bag Boy pull cart I had restored a couple of years back. Now going from my car to the range which is about 300 yards really hurt my back and I would have to rest.

This opportunity came up with MGS and Motocaddy. Everyone knew my health status. But Motocaddy and MGS had faith in me and that alone lifted my spirits. I want to thank both and all my fellow MGSers that had faith and encouraged me.

Style--- Loved the rugged looks of the unit as a whole. Me as a redneck engineer loves stuff like this. I remember when I unboxed and assembled it I told my wife this thing is built like an Army Tank. With me function and durability counts a lot over pretty looks even though to me the unit looks sturdy and looks great to my eye. Followed the well printed instructions and everything fell into place. Charged the battery per instructions and went ahead and charged the remote on my phone charger. I appreciate the thought and engineering on the whole unit from the packaging to the unit itself. Gotta give them 20 points out of 20 here

Set up --- Pretty easy when you follow the instructions the first time. Everytime after that is a no brainer. As far as storage it works well for me. I could put it in the trunk of my car with my clubs because I drive a big car a S-500 Benz and it has a big trunk. But I have so much stuff in the trunk in fact have the air bags up on position 2 for weight. Still have tools and stuff related to the trucks. But anyhow that is all my fault. Since no one but me the wife and the dogs ride in the car I store it in the back seat with no problem. Weight wise even with my hurt back ( still healing) I do not have any pain or difficulty putting it in the back seat. Now I do pull the battery out for weight reasons when lifting. I might can see the problem with folks with smaller vehicles. I can see where it could be difficult for someone petite like my wife. So basically I can not see as a engineer where they could lighten it up any because I feel the durability would suffer some But hey nothings perfect so I give it 18 out of 20 points

On course--- More like on range for me--- It works great ---- I can set up the bag in my shop for my range needs. The supplied ( for our tests) Motocaddy bag works well for me. I can load it up with like 14 clubs and can fit my 2 training aides the square striker and the Skilz Ball trainer plus my alignment sticks in the putter well. This all translates well for my range sessions. I have so much stuff I can keep the Motocaddy bag stocked with essentials like gloves and tees. The accessory pack really works well for me here too. I can stuff the cooler part on the bag with 4 bottles of water and my blue ice packs. Motocaddy even supplied us with a larger drink holder for the side. LOL my Bubba cup was even too big for that but I went to Wally World and matched one up to it. I can pack it with ice and add water when I get on range. The scorecard holder works well here too. I have 2 golf balls I have marked and balanced for putting drills and they fit well here. Where the scorecard is supposed to go I keep some cut down slightly 3x5 cards to keep notes on when club engineering and testing. Love the umbrella holder. On the range when I take a break I can stand under the umbrella and write notes and drink cool water. For me I have to give the accessory pack a 20 out of 20 points. Due to my health I have not been able to go out on the course with it for a round yet but I am looking forward to the fall weather when I usually get out walking with my vintage stuff.

M-7 remote--- Love it!!! When I first recieved the Motocaddy I put it together in the living room and charged the battries as instructions say to do. Now I do live in a Mobile Home and I actually slowly manuevered it down the hall and down the wheelchair ramp ( previous owner was handicapped) and right back to the shop. Ran it at first in the neighborhood to get used to it. Got pretty darn good with it. Went to the course and the fun began messing with folks. Learned to do tricks with it. But for me it works well I do not have to bend over to push or operate it which is a lot of stress off my back. The remote has helped a lot I can walk at my own pace with no stress. This is really where this cart helps me immensley. When I first started I had it on position 2 and after about 5 sessions I found Out I was "catching it" with no effort so up to 3rd speed. Now I can do 4th speed on occasion and if I fall behind no worries because it stops if it gets out of range as advertised. The remote is so fun that I gotta give it 20 out of 20 points.

Usefullness---- In my situation I find it very useful and in my situation I feel it has sped up my recovery. Motocaddy was also very generous and gave us a bag to test along with the cart. Now to be honest 14 way cart bags are not my thing. I am old school 3 way divider type guy. In fact my staff bags with 6 way dividers I have the center section out but that is just me. With that being said the Motocaddy bag works very well with the cart. I can also see the benefits of the storage set up. It ties in well. I am looking forward to this fall when the weather cools and I can play my walking vintage rounds. The Motocaddy bag fits really well and balances well on it. My Titleist and unmarked Burton staff bags fit well on it but I find them a little top heavy because they sit higher than the Motocaddy one does. My old Jones bag which is my everyday gamer rides excellent on it. The old Ping Hoofer sits at a funny angle and the legs want to deploy plus I get the club hang associated with Hoofers. But all in all with the Motocaddy cart bag it is well engineered and has easy access to all pockets. Personally even though I am not a fan of 14 way cart bags I would reccomend someone purchasing a Motocaddy to get the bag too because it helps the whole ball of wax. But because I am a little biased towards 14 way cart bags and being opmistic I am going to give it 18 out of 20 points--- I will concurr that I may change my attitude on the 14 way bag after my fall vintage sessions

Play or Trade--- No I will not get rid of either one because they have been very beneficial to me health wise--- I am looking forward to the day when I can go 18 holes with it especially in my vintage rounds Going to give it 20 out of 20 points here because you folks do not know how beneficial it is to me

I want to apologize because no pics are available. I did some pics but my computer got some kind of virus or hack. When I down loaded my pics with the USB cord ( which is new to me) the whole thing went to hell in a handbasket I lost everything on both phone and the computer including some of my old pics. Had to send out my computer to have fixed ( cost me $200) and had to have Sprint do some kind of work on my phone. I was hesitant to do my report because of this but I figgured you guys would understand. So overall I gave it 96 out 100 points. Like I said thanks to everyone involved with MGS and Motocaddy. I especially want to give a shout out to our esteemed Member gofish. He got me set up and walked me through the video thing with Roger Tart. And Roger what a great guy. "Fish " as I call him helped me last week and he did not even know it. I had to do a video thing with the SC State Workmans Comp folks and what he taught me helped immensely. Yeah Fish I kept notes on what to do plus the lady with the State WC helped me too

But yes the whole Motocaddy "package" as I call it is a well thought out engineered product from the packaging to the finished product and the performance to me is outta sight.

Edited by BIG STU

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Motocaddy M5  Official Review

Intro

I want to start by saying thank you to MGS and to Motocaddy for giving me the opportunity to test the M5 cart as well as the Dry cart bag. Over the past few weeks I have taken the cart for 8 full rounds and with me to the range around 6 times to make sure that I could test all of the features that are advertised. 

Style What’s it look like(18 out of 20) 

This cart is seriously made well and feels incredibly sturdy. You can tell as soon as you get it out of the box that theres no way this thing is going to fall apart. I play a lot on public courses that are very bumpy and have no worries about anything breaking. They did a great job making such a sturdy cart without making it too huge. It actually looks great too, I really like the dark grey color and some of the blue stripes. The screen is not huge, but is very bright and I have no problem seeing and being able to go through all of the features. Overall I would give it a 10 out of 10 because this cart packs a lot of features into a frame that is very sturdy without being too large.

Setup (10 out of 10 points)

I decided to try to set everything up straight out of the box without reading the manual and within minutes had it rolling around my living room chasing after my dogs. When you pull it out of the box the only thing that you need to do is connect the battery and put the wheels on. The majority of the features are just so easy use and find. The only feature that I could not figure out without reading the manual was how to push the cart without the power. Other than that, I got it connected to the app on my phone and could even connect to my local course from my house about 1.5 miles away. I also did not realize that you could flip around the wheels to make it smaller for storage even though I was not super concerned with that.

I decided to time myself to see how quick I could get it set up right out of my car. It took me less than 3 minutes to flip the wheels around, unfold the cart, plug in the battery and have the GPS find my course. 

On-Course (18 out of 20 points)

This cart is a game changer for me in many ways. For starters its helped me to walk more rounds. In the two months since we received these I’ve walked every round. I’ve also never had a GPS or range finder so I have always had to bum one from a friend mid round. Now they come to me to get distances to middle of the green or to clear any hazards. This feature alone saves a good bit of time knowing exactly what the distances are right when you stop the cart. 

Even though I am fairly tall I still have no problems with the height of the cart. The top half is adjustable to a height that suits me very well. There are 9 different speeds that start out at a snail’s pace and go up to a light jog for me. I would probably never need speed 9 unless I am trying to fly through an evening round quickly, but its nice to have the option. The courses that I play are not super hilly other than a few holes that have huge hills, but having the down hill control really comes in handy as well as the parking brake so that you do not lose control of the cart. At most when going down a big hill I would just turn it down 1 speed because I probably walk slower as well. 

The only thing that I think should be added is an anti-tip wheel like the M7, because there was a couple times that the cart tipped over on me. One time was on the side of a steep green so that was my fault for not watching it better, but the other time it hit a big bump going up a hill that tipped it over backwards. Now that we have the accessories to go with the cart I have no issues with storage at all. I’m able to put my phone, large water bottle and scorecard on there with no problem. If these were not included though I would definitely be wanting some type of storage compartment on the cart.

Accuracy and Handling  (9 out of 10 points)

This thing is super easy to handle and adjust speeds. Initially I was thinking that having a front wheel that turned freely would have been nice, but I realized that it would make the cart go all over the place especially on some of the bumpier public courses that I play. A couple of features that I noticed right away that are really nice is the parking brake and the adjustable distance control so you can send the cart up to 60 yards out with the press of a button. I use this feature quite often when I get up close to the greens I will send the cart usually around 10 to 15 yards out towards the next tee box. I didn’t use the shot distance feature very much, but the few times that I did it seemed to be very accurate even when I was off to either side in the rough. They did a great job adding in the 1-2 seconds between changing the speed so that you cant accidently send it all the way up to max and have to go chasing after it.

Although the cart bag was technically not part of the initial review I feel like I need to add in that it complimented the cart very well and having the easilock hooks on the bottom made it feel very secure. I think that given the choice I would still go with the M5 again over having the remote. Obviously if there was a cart that combined the features of the two it would be perfect. Because it does not have some sort of way to keep it from tipping over or a safety shut off for when it tips over I gave it 9 out of 10.

Electric Cart  Usefulness (20 out of 20 points)

I can say without a doubt that this cart is incredibly useful. I can tell a big difference at the end of my rounds in how much more energy I have. This definitely translates to me playing better towards the end of my rounds where I would normally be getting pretty tired. That is far from the only benefit though. I have been able to save time before my shots by having the distances right in front of me when I get to my ball as well as being able to take a different approach to my shots due to knowing distances to clear hazards and the center of the green. One thing that I did not expect was that it would actually be space saving compared to my current push cart. It’s much easier to fit my cart and bag in the trunk of a small car because it folds up so small.

Play it or Trade it? (20 out of 20 points)

To be honest, before I I this cart, purchasing an electric cart had never even crossed my mind. This isn’t because I just didn’t want one or think that it would be useful, I guess just because I was content with what I had and had not seen one before. In this case I guess you could say ignorance is bliss because I had no idea what I was missing out on. I definitely feel lucky to be able to acquire on in this way because I was actually in shock when I initially saw the price tag. Now that I have had some time with the cart I definitely see why it costs that much and that is actually worth it. There’s a reason that you see a lot of big youtube golfers using these lately. I will absolutely be keeping the cart and may have to end up getting one for my wife as well. 

Conclusion

Testing this cart was a lot of fun and I am really grateful to have had the opportunity. If you are looking for a cart that is loaded with features and will help to make your rounds easier, I highly recommend looking into Motocaddy. That being said, if they did come out with a cart that had a remote feature along with the GPS I would be buying it immediately. The amount of involvement that Roger had in our testing says a lot about how much they care about their product and want to make sure that we had everything that we needed. I will be using this cart for a long time and believe that using it will help me shoot better scores. 

Final Score: 95

image.jpeg

Motocaddy Accessories.jpg

Motocaddy GPS.jpg

Motocaddy Trunk.jpg

Motocaddy vs Caddytek.jpg

Edited by Tpoole22

[Motocaddy M5 GPS] – Official MGS Forum Review by [golfish!]

Intro

Well since most of you following this thread already know enough about me and all the first impressions, unboxing and other pertinent details of the first part of the review, we will skip straight to the performance review section! Since I play at least 1 round per week, I planned on at least getting that many rounds in till the end of testing. As I received my unit on April 6th, I have recorded 9 complete rounds using the Motocaddy and a few that I know I did not complete and thus did not have a scorecard for in the Grint app. I even brought it with me to Phoenix on a business trip and got to use it out of state. Wonder how many testers got to do that! I also made sure to use my Shotscope V3 watch and my TecTecTec rangefinder to compare GPS distances to hazards and flags. I apologize now to all the people who played behind me as I looked at my cart screen, my watch, and my range finder as I got close to the pin! I made sure to test the battery life by going as many rounds as I could between charges and happy to report it never actually died on me on the course. Me dying on the course as I walked my hilly home course for the first time...well that’s a story for another time!

Style What’s it look like(16 out of 20 points) 

The Motocaddy M5 GPS is a sexy beast. Like the German performance sedan of the same name, it has curves in all the right places and feels sturdy enough to take over rough terrain. Although the construction is mostly plastic, it doesn’t feel cheap and has a heft to it that gives you the confidence that it will last a long time even with some rough use on the course. The hinges and latches feel firm and have a satisfying feeling when you actuate them. The overall form is very sleek looking with a nice wide base and a slim column. Yes I am describing the cart. GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!!! The GPS screen is large enough to be easily read on-course but not so large that it draws too much attention to it. 

20210406_084219.jpg.eb60e6b2b2fe7f2104ff985455862fcc.jpg

20210406_083204.jpg.6feeced674deda018179ba2656504ee3.jpg

When fully folded, it is just a bit longer than my Sun Mountain reflex cart. It is significantly wider with the wheels attached. I was able to fit it in the cab of my Chevy Silverado Crew Cab with 2/3rd the rear bench folded up. I usually store my golf bag on the floor of the cab with the Motocaddy folded up, wheels attached and the nose of the cart pointing up. 

20210406_084354.jpg.9e66d7ef8c3186dd80569e5efee9d896.jpg20210411_124813.jpg.e411bb58ccb137427b0d728d696d3b99.jpg

As for accessories and customization, don’t expect too much. This is the main reason I deducted 4 points from the overall score. Since they are just breaking into the US, the current options are limited but as I understand it, they will be bringing more variety to the US market over time. The M5 and the M7 come with a pre-attached accessory station that accepts their accessories which include a cup holder, a device cradle, an umbrella holder, and a scorecard holder with ball and tee storage all of which Motocaddy graciously sent. We even got the XL cup holder which holds my 64oz insulated water bottle. The original cup holder barely holds a can of beer and trying to fit anything larger is like asking my extra medium shirts to hold in my belly after Thanksgiving dinner! The device cradle barely holds my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra so if you have a large device then you might have trouble holding it in the cradle. The mechanism that holds the cradle to the accessory station is a bit weak in the ball joint so my heavy device kept tilting downward and resting on the top of the GPS screen. The scorecard holder is pretty cool with a cover and storage for 2 balls and tees. The storage slides out from under the scorecard holder. Points for ingenuity and design as I am an engineer and appreciate good product design. The only thing missing is more on board storage. Not much there but I assume the engineers and designers expect you to store items in your bag.

20210520_190025.jpg.ed5f5f93d68a39e67897b99ce57c116a.jpg20210501_095105.jpg.fb8e444d5ad3b6542936784c759d5378.jpg

Setup (10 out of 10 points)

As a dad, I am obligated to read all instruction manuals and secretly enjoy them. However, setting this thing up from out of the box to ready to hit the course is so easy a caveman can do it. The cart comes mostly assembled from the factory so all you need to do is charge the battery, attach the wheels and it is ready to go. The M5 GPS comes with a glass screen protector which is as easy as installing one on a phone or tablet. Charging and installing the battery is idiot proof (though I say that with caution as a former US Marine, our claymore mines are embossed with “This Side Towards Enemy”) Installing the wheels is straightforward with satisfying clicks once the wheels are correctly in place. There is no left or right wheel but the wheels can be inserted with either side facing out and should be installed so the track is wide. Narrow is only for storage. There is a bit of a learning curve for finding the locking point for the wheels as there are two positions. One position is for use with the electric motor. This locks the wheels to the axles. The other position is for freewheeling in case you lose power during your round. This allows the wheel to rotate around the axle. But after a few times, this becomes like second nature. Unfolding and folding the cart itself is also a simple task. 2 latches are unlocked, you open the cart in one smooth motion then lock the latches back into place. Easy peasy. 

Using the GPS is very intuitive. When the unit is powered up, (no physical switch, just plug in the battery and it powers up automatically) there are two options from the home screen. “Play Golf” and “Settings”. If you go to Play Golf, it automatically activates a GPS search of nearby courses and within a minute or so, it lists all the nearby courses. You chose from the list and it starts you off on Hole #1. If you want to connect to your phone to receive notifications via bluetooth or connect to wifi to update the software or the course maps, this is all done through the setup screen. This process is also very intuitive and for the most part easy to do. Full points for ease of setup and use.

On-Course (15 out of 20 points)

I have used a Motocaddy in Germany during a round played while on a business trip.Since then I have walked many rounds with my manual push cart so I assumed this would not be any different. I was surprised by the difference in my overall condition after the round was over. I am not in the worst physical shape by any means but there is lots of room for improvement. Having an electric cart makes the task easier and motivates me to walk more rounds.

There is a learning curve associated with motor speeds. I started off slow at setting 5 but soon realized that I could maintain speed 7 comfortably. I used only a few of the 10 speed settings. The slowest for going downhill, a middle setting usually 6 or 7 depending on terrain and then very rarely the highest setting if I am really trying to book it (usually away from a spraying sprinkler head, a chasing goose, an errant ball etc) The DHC (downhill control) mode works really well and it is automatic so no need to fiddle with settings. The ADC (automatic distance control) mode takes some getting used to and it is definitely a novel feature that I found myself not using very often on the course. It was just easier to bring the cart with me to the edge of the green like I did with my manual push cart. Other than remembering to activate the motor and stop it, the M5 functions just like a regular push cart. There were a few times I forgot it was an electric push cart and tried to push it manually without activating the motor. Handle bars are at just the right height to punch me in the gut every time I did this so I learned quickly. The touchscreen itself is pretty sensitive and I would accidentally touch a soft button on the screen here and there. A screen lock might be able to prevent this in a future update. I also accidentally activated the motor and the cart almost got away from me a few times. I mentioned this to Roger (Motocaddy USA President, who has been a great resource during the test to answer questions) and he said they would look into a possible button lock or other mechanism to prevent this in the future. Overall the experience was great and I felt that it actually helped me to maintain a nice rhythm on the course as compared to riding in a cart and waiting to hit before every shot. The 5 points deducted are for the areas of improvement mentioned here. Fix those and I think this could be a perfect functioning electric cart.

Not sure if anyone mentioned battery life yet but the battery life on these is outstanding. I was able to go about 50 holes on a single charge and still have enough juice to keep the cart on for an after hours range session and make it back to my truck. This obviously depends on how hilly the course is and how fast you are moving but I was moving at a pretty brisk pace ( pretty much on speed 10 the whole time) for the final 14 holes or so before I ran out of daylight.

Accuracy and Handling  (10 out of 10 points)

To compare GPS yardages, I used my Shotscope V3 and my TecTecTec ULT-X rangefinder to measure distances to things like hazards and pins. The M5’s limitation is that it can only give you distances to hazards and greens but that is the same limitation as my Shotscope. Only my rangefinder can give me yardages to things like the end of a fairway on a dogleg, the slow group in front that just hit 150 yard tee shots from the back tees, etc. I was however able to get distances from unusual spots such as in the woods, from other fairways, the parking lot, etc. Overall the distances were fairly accurate and when compared to my devices, I found that the M5 GPS distances were a bit further away than what my watch and rangefinder gave me. Since I already have 2 measuring devices, I did not find the GPS function all that useful for me but for someone without any measuring devices, the GPS is accurate enough.

20210406_153513.jpg.1efdbf2f34e42d059b6623a158b515ce.jpg594119849_20210413_162034_resize(2).jpg.12955757b7f81d8e8b45835f66be52c0.jpg

Handling on the M5 is great but there are watch points. Going up hills you do have to keep some pressure on it as it could rear up and do a wheelie if you let it just go up really fast. I did try to do a burnout with it and ended up looking silly chasing the cart as it dragged my clubs on the ground with the front wheel in the air. Also on very steep side inclines, it is recommended to go slow as I almost had the cart topple over sideways but that is because I was trying to go too fast. If I were buying a Motocaddy I would probably go for an M7 over the M5 as I mentioned I already have 2 distance measuring devices. 

Electric Cart  Usefulness (20 out of 20 points)

I gave full points here because an electric cart is absolutely useful. I definitely have more energy and stamina through and after my rounds as compared to a manual push cart even on relatively flat courses. Hilly courses for sure you feel the difference but even on a flat, easy muni on a relatively cool day, I still felt the difference between the M5 and a manual push cart. I actually shot some of my best rounds this year so far while walking with my M5. Since I am trying to get into better shape, having an electric push cart helps me to enjoy the round and not worry about lugging around the 3-4 liters of water I usually drink during a standard summer round here in SoCal. With a prospective job in Houston in the near future, I will probably be carrying more than that and knowing that I will not be expending energy just to carry my hydration allows me to enjoy the walk. Also, one of the cooler things about having an electric cart compared to a manual cart is that I could walk and drink at the same time. 

Play it or Trade it? (20 out of 20 points)

It’s no secret the Motocaddy units are beaucoup dollars. If money wasn’t an issue, I would definitely purchase one of these for myself based on this test if I had to return the unit. I enjoy walking my rounds as it helps me to maintain a better rhythm between shots and to get into better shape long term. I have only used a golf cart a handful of times since starting the test and that was either because I was bringing my daughter along or I was playing on the road and could not bring my cart with me. Other than those reasons I have walked as many rounds as I could. An electric push cart of this caliber is a great tool for any golfer of any skill level. There is a reason the tour pros walk and are able to play as great as they do. (Caddies carrying bags helps) As for the Motocaddy brand, there is a reason they are the official sponsors of Rick Shiels’ podcast and the number one selling brand of electric push cart in the UK. I know that I will continue to use my Motocaddy M5 until either the cart breaks or I break.

Conclusion

Testing the Motocaddy M5 GPS has been a pleasure not only because of the ease of setup and intuitive nature of the functions but also because Motocaddy seems to be a company that cares about their customers. If you are asking customers to shell out $1500 for a product you better make sure they feel like they are getting value and service. The little things like the great packaging, the inclusion of a glass screen protector for the M5 GPS screen, Roger’s (Motocaddy USA President) involvement during our testing and availability to answer questions all made me feel like I was a valued member of the Motocaddy family and not just another customer. On top of all that, I have shot some of my best rounds this year so far while walking with the Motocaddy and feel like I have kick started my journey to getting back in shape. Aside from the high cost and a few areas of improvement such as the need for a screen lock to prevent accidental screen touches, a button lock for the motor activation, and some improved options for on-board storage I highly recommend Motocaddy to anyone looking to get an electric push cart. I know I will be using my unit for years to come. 

Final Score: 91

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

I was .. very pleasantly! .. surprised by my wife with an MGI Zip Navigator for my birthday (yea me ☺️) - I really like it, but I'm still really curious as to how it compares to the Moto Caddy models, so looking forward to learning more about them.

Have FUN guys!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

12 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

I was .. very pleasantly! .. surprised by my wife with an MGI Zip Navigator for my birthday (yea me ☺️) - I really like it, but I'm still really curious as to how it compares to the Moto Caddy models, so looking forward to learning more about them.

Have FUN guys!!!

Does that model have remote control operation? I will be testing the M5 GPS so wont be able to compare remote control operation modes. However, from what I can tell, many of the big names in electric push carts seem to have similar form and function. Already got 2 rounds in the books with my Motocaddy M5 and it definitely makes a difference with energy levels after walking an 18 hole round.

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

That thing folds up pretty small! Can you guys show pictures of it in your trunk? Bonus points if you have a small car, trying to see just how compact this thing really is.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

12 minutes ago, yungkory said:

That thing folds up pretty small! Can you guys show pictures of it in your trunk? Bonus points if you have a small car, trying to see just how compact this thing really is.

Sorry I drive a Chevy Silverado 1500 crew cab so I guess I don't get your bonus points. But, I do store it inside the cab with the bench seat up. It fits between the folded up bench seat and my golf bag which is on the floor in the back. I will take pictures next time of how I have it stored. It really is a compact unit especially if you invert the wheels. You can invert the wheels so that it takes up even less space.

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

Nice first impression @golfish! Is there any indication in the box of how many hours the battery lasts? Or if not how much did the battery go down after your 2 rounds?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Very nice intro golfish. Your attention to detail is spot on. Would like to see the videos as they did not upload. Did you get a bag with the cart as well?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

18 hours ago, golfish! said:

Does that model (MGI Zip Navigator) have remote control operation?

Yes! Works nicely, too, though if it were me I might re-design the button layout. Haven't tested it yet but there's supposed to be a fail-safe stop if you get too far away from the cart.

Another plus, imo, is you can easily operate it from the handlebar with one hand and a thumb for the speed control knob (eg. remote charge dies or you're going thru tight spaces).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Looking forward to the updates. With that first video I thought you were playing Three Jack National... but glad you were on some green grass in videos two and three.....

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

I’m looking forward to seeing the reviews on these, I’m seriously considering an electric cart to get me out walking more

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Nice writeup. Definitely looking forward to what the testers think of this cart. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

On 4/9/2021 at 12:17 AM, golfish! said:

INTRODUCTION AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS

marine-march.jpg.54c9c71e4c17c6b4c3cc7a3a65c4e442.jpg1000w_q95.jpg.c65e78745e7c97c1c288dc14073972b1.jpg

Greetings fellow Spies! Golfish reporting in for another great testing opportunity provided oh so graciously by Motocaddy and MGS! Quick intro about me. As my MGS handle and picture implies, I am an avid golfer and fisherman. Yes that is me holding a casting rod on a golf course trying to fish my 6iron and my buddy's sandwedge out of a tree. Long story but DM if you want to know more! The GRINT says I played 89 rounds last year which is about right. I do play at least once a week and sometimes 2-3 times if the boss is on vacation! I am currently a 16.7 handicap index that has been trending down lately! My personal best round is 84 on a course measuring 6743 yards from the white tees with a slope and rating of 72.5/133. I currently live in Southern California and have been playing golf seriously for about 4 years. Before then I was a range rat for about 2 years ingraining bad habits into my swing! I chose to use pictures of Marines "humping" (hiking for you civilians) up a hill because that was me back in early 2000's. I served as an 0311 (yes PXG names their clubs after Marine Corps MOS designations because Bob Parsons was a Marine in the Vietnam era) which is your basic infantryman/grunt during Operation Iraqi Freedom. I did a lot of humping up and down hills and was the leanest, meanest fighting machine you'd ever seen! Now as an engineering manager married with two kids, I am quite a bit larger, and slower, and maybe not as mean! But I keep telling myself I need to get back to that time where I was in the best shape of my life. So I try to walk the course whenever I can which is usually any season other than summer here in SoCal. Everyone thinks it is a nice comfortable 70 degrees here all year long. That may be the case in the beach counties but cross the mountains into the Inland Empire and it is desert so it gets pretty hot in the summer.

I applied for this Motocaddy test because I wanted to see if having an electric trolley (as they are called in Europe) would allow me to walk during the summer rounds here. As my home course is in a city called Chino Hills, it is quite hilly. The other course I play often is called Mountain Meadows because it is carved at the base of a mountain so there are some elevation changes there as well. This is actually not my first time using an electric push cart as I was in Germany a few years ago on a business trip and managed to get a round together with someone from the vendor I was visiting. He let me borrow his wife's Motocaddy (can't remember the model) as he told me that most everyone in Europe walks and does not ride in a cart. Imagine my surprise when I check my emails and get a notification that I had been selected to test the Motocaddy! 

As @GolfSpy MPR mentioned we were given the option to test either the M5GPS or the M7 remote. The main difference between the two is that the M5 has an integrated GPS for course info and has a full color display that shows things like yardages and hazard info. The M7 does not have this but has a remote control for operation. After a good ol knife fight, I was selected for the M5 GPS unit. 

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The box is very sturdy and I was a bit concerned when I picked it up from the Fedex office as I saw some damage on one of the panels. Thankfully it did not transfer to the unit and unit came well packaged and well thought out so nothing would jostle and get damaged in transit.

20210406_082220.jpg.f5bdbd777d71bcf5c48bda4260712be1.jpg20210406_082256.jpg.4cebc271b786f4cf79eaf035ffb93213.jpg20210406_082355.jpg.c8e9a09293b9ad700783ab9507fccbd3.jpg

The unit comes mostly assembled, with just the battery, wheels, and bag straps not attached.

20210406_082445.jpg.d1b2cde7203c0dcdbcf840eaea76dd50.jpg20210406_082645.jpg.0f9cadbfdde394f21b44e3707cd52b9c.jpg

20210406_082508.jpg.ee468b32fae3d17b39d5d58a6337ab3e.jpg20210406_082654.jpg.2d1ae901ab8682d73dfb6c7b9a4d6b71.jpg

What I was not expecting was the included glass screen protector for the GPS screen. Motocaddy definitely went and got a manufacturer to design and make this custom for this screen as the fit is perfect. Little things like this are what tells the customer that a company appreciates them and is thinking about customer satisfaction. Our phones which for some border on the same cost as a Motocaddy unit don't bother to come with a screen protector! Take some lessons here Apple and Samsung! I install my own screen protectors on my phones so installing this one was the same process.

20210406_082737.jpg.0a814a8a5757f5dcd6c26762e96cd4da.jpg20210406_083204.jpg.6feeced674deda018179ba2656504ee3.jpg

Looks like there is a SIM card for the GPS which is preinstalled in the unit. No idea where it would go anyway but again nice touch not having the customer have to install something that is vital for the function of this product.

20210406_082407.jpg.9f159f16a0743238d03e14bc3c69d498.jpg

Some random pictures of the instruction manual, the battery box, etc.

20210406_083319.jpg.df56b918d1fa85e5f9a85e8055e13eaa.jpg20210406_083301.jpg.b9338c169d0981b8ef4a2b1598d862f8.jpg

The battery connector is proprietary and you will need to use their charger. Charging took about 4 hours for the indicator to go from red to green. Battery is fairly compact but dense. The case is well designed so that it sits in the battery compartment during use and is easy to lift out for charging etc. The instructions recommend disconnecting the battery when not in use to as there is no on/off button. 

20210406_084219.jpg.b2f005279cbca416f4f9961755bcef0f.jpg20210406_084354.jpg.bbb6c79da7b644bedf7189398744cc07.jpg20210406_084623.jpg.5315da9f00f2061d8a5f19edb8587dff.jpg

Once out of the box, folding and unfolding is a breeze. 2 latches control the opening and closing of the unit and the front wheel folds in automatically. Attaching the wheels is also easy as each wheel has a small release button you press and push the wheel on to the axle. The wheel system is designed well as there are two notches on the axle for the wheel to lock into. One notch is for battery operation which allows the motor to drive the wheels. The second notch is for freewheel mode if you don't want to use the motor and it allows the wheels to freewheel on what I believe are it's own bearings. Smart design and as an engineer things like this excite me! The accessory station also comes pre-attached and Motocaddy has been gracious enough to send us the full accessory kit which includes a drink holder, umbrella holder, device cradle, and score card holder. This has not yet arrived as I believe we have been told they will be shipped mid April. Perhaps the accessory kit will have what I am looking for but compared to my manual push cart, there is no actual storage on the cart. 

ON COURSE FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I have 2 rounds in (first one was the day I got it lol) and I have to say at first I was not sure if having an electric push cart was going to make a big difference. I am relatively young, in my mid 30's and not totally out of shape. However, after the first round using this, I can't quantitively measure the difference (maybe it is time for a whoop band?) but for sure I was much more energetic at the end of the round than when I used my manual push Sun Mountain Reflex cart. This course is relatively flat with little elevation change (Bryson could probably drive his ball from one end of the course to the other and see the ball flight mostly the entire time!) so the battery usage was minimal. My second round which I played this morning was on a much hillier course. Even with the use of an electric push cart, I was much more exhausted after the round (though that could be attributed to me getting the second dose of COVID vaccine yesterday) and the battery meter looked more depleted. (forgot to take a picture of the screen after to show the battery meter but will remember for future rounds). Controlling the cart is fairly simple, there is a large button in the middle of the handle bars for motor on and off. The button has a dial around it for controlling speed. You can change speeds while the cart is in motion and the response is fairly fast. You can also change speeds while the cart is stopped so that when you turn on the motor it will accelerate to that setting. I did notice though that sometimes the speed dial would not register a speed change and I had to try a few times. Might be I am trying to turn the dial too quickly. Finding my course on the unit was simple as the screen is touch screen and you choose "Play Golf" from the home screen and it searches for GPS data. It will then display courses closest to your location and you choose the course and go. I had no trouble finding the course for both of my rounds. The screen is pretty bright and easy to read in direct sunlight. The screen can be a touch sensitive as during my round I would notice I had pressed the screen accidentally and advanced a hole or went into a setting menu. Most of the menus are intuitive though and you can find your way back to the home screen easy. I did accidentally end my round somehow today between the 5th green and 6th tee box but I was able to find the course quickly before teeing off. You can use the M5 to track your score but it is not saved anywhere. I use my phone to enter my scores on Grint anyway so I am looking forward to the accessory kit. For now I use my Desert Fox phone holder strapped to the push cart. One thing I had to get used to is the lack of onboard storage. My Sun Mountain Reflex has 2 storage bins that I use to hold extra tees and my range finder as well as a 2 ball holder. Not a big deal as the whole point of having a push cart is that you have your bag right there with you and you don't have to walk over to your cart. Plus maybe the accessory kit will have some onboard storage options. Worst case I will use the drink holder as a ball holder as I know my giant water bottle wont fit in it for sure. 

20210406_153513.jpg.1efdbf2f34e42d059b6623a158b515ce.jpg

20210406_185137.jpg.e80c233afdc101232d5d35a4ad2166bc.jpg

Comparing distances with my shotscope V3 and a range finder, I noticed the distances on the Motocaddy GPS were consistently longer on the first round. The hazard info was closer to my Shotscope numbers. The M5 has the ability to connect to wifi to update firmware and course mappings. I updated the course info for my home courses yesterday and I did notice that the distances were pretty spot on for my round today. Forgot to take pictures of distances today but I tried to rely on the M5 GPS for distances to greens for my approach shots and I was hitting the greens like a champ today. Even had one rip back 10 feet to within 6 inches from the hole! Not that the push cart had anything to do with that but definitely had the right distances!

Here are some videos of the cart running along in the parking lot and on the course. I also tested the DHC (downhill control) function which keeps the cart at the same speed when going downhill. The ADC (automatic distance control) function is pretty cool too. Allowed you to set a distance from 5-60 yards and the cart will go that distance then stop. Handy for making the cart go and wait for you at the next hole. Just make sure there are no obstacles or hazards in the way as the cart only goes in a straight line and will not stop until it reaches the preset distance! I can neither confirm nor deny that I may or may not have taken out a footgolf flag today... The cart handles bumpy terrain fairly well though I would recommend holding on to the handles if it gets really bumpy or you are travelling across an incline that is perpendicular to the direction of travel as the cart may topple over. (almost had an accident on one hill but was holding on the handle bars so it didnt go over). 

Overall excited to be a part of this test and walk more rounds than previous summers. It is just starting to get heated up here in SoCal so I will also be tracking my weight over the course of the test to see how much walking 1-2 rounds a week contributes to my fitness. Again thanks MGS and Motocaddy for this awesome opportunity and looking forward to talking with Roger, the CEO of Motocaddy USA next week as he has asked for a quick zoom call to go over the features and some starting tips as well as to answer any questions we may have. Also there is another surprise to come but you have to stay tuned for details on that! Not sure if any other company has shown this much dedication to a product test in the past but it shows how much they actually want to hear our honest opinions and ensure the testing goes smoothly.

Awesome start!!! Those videos were really clear! How did you embed them without YouTube? 
Man, I need one of these things to help me get back in-shape!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Looking forward to this

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Great job partner! Hoorah 💣

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Great start!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 4/8/2021 at 10:33 PM, yungkory said:

20210411_124813.jpg.e411bb58ccb137427b0d728d696d3b99.jpg

As promised, picture of the motocaddy with wheels removed and folded up in the back of the cab of my Chevy 1500 with the bench seats up. Wheels don't have to come off to be stored. Fits with the wheels on and can be stored in different orientations. That is my daughter's car seat on the 3rd seat. 

On 4/9/2021 at 3:39 AM, Lacassem said:

Nice first impression @golfish! Is there any indication in the box of how many hours the battery lasts? Or if not how much did the battery go down after your 2 rounds?

No indication on the box I can remember but I believe on the Motocaddy website it says the 28V battery should last a full 36 holes. After my first round the battery indicator barely went down. I recharged between first and second round and it took 4 hours for the LED on the charger to go from red to green again. Not sure if that means it actually needed 4 hours to recharge or if that is just the standard charging cycle. I'll add that to the list of questions I already sent over to Roger!

On 4/9/2021 at 3:56 AM, fozcycle said:

Very nice intro golfish. Your attention to detail is spot on. Would like to see the videos as they did not upload. Did you get a bag with the cart as well?

Oh hmm seems like some people were able to view the videos OK. Might be because you are on an iPad. Would be awful nice if Motocaddy were to send us a matching Dry Series Cart Bag to match with the cart to test out the EASILOCK capabilities wouldn't it? (0_-)

On 4/9/2021 at 3:41 PM, cksurfdude said:

Yes! Works nicely, too, though if it were me I might re-design the button layout. Haven't tested it yet but there's supposed to be a fail-safe stop if you get too far away from the cart.

Another plus, imo, is you can easily operate it from the handlebar with one hand and a thumb for the speed control knob (eg. remote charge dies or you're going thru tight spaces).

I see. I was going to ask Roger why Motocaddy couldn't integrate the GPS and Remote features into one cart. After using the cart for 2 rounds, I think the GPS feature is cool so far but since I have a Shotscope, a range finder, and I use Grint to keep my scores (which has GPS) the GPS is redundant for me. Also, I think most people are gear junkies like me and probably already have devices like me for course GPS. 

The speed control dial is a bit sensitive but sometimes has trouble registering speed changes. Seems if you try to change the speed too fast it has trouble. 

On 4/9/2021 at 8:37 PM, WaffleHouseTour said:

Looking forward to the updates. that first video I thought you were playing Three Jack National... but glad you were on some green grass in videos two and three.....

lol what is Three Jack National? 

On 4/10/2021 at 2:43 AM, TBT said:

I’m looking forward to seeing the reviews on these, I’m seriously considering an electric cart to get me out walking more

Just think about the actual physical fitness required to walk your home courses. Even with an electric cart, it may be more physically demanding that you thought! Many of mine are very hilly so it would take some building of physical fitness to get to the point to walk those without passing out on a hot day! I plan on walking on a relatively flat course more regularly to build the stamina to walk some of the hilly courses going forward! Also some courses I know of don't allow walking so I would make sure the courses you plan on playing most often allow walking!

On 4/10/2021 at 8:46 AM, PMookie said:

Awesome start!!! Those videos were really clear! How did you embed them without YouTube? 
Man, I need one of these things to help me get back in-shape!!!

I just uploaded them directly to the forum in the area for media below the response area then clicked the video where I wanted to add it in the response. 

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

9 hours ago, golfish! said:

lol what is Three Jack National? 

Clearly the site of the next midwest major championship venue on par with the Yucatan masters...  

https://clubproguy.com/blogs/media/three-jack-national-faq

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Dumb question of the day - obviously batteries are
Key to this. I would have a tendency to forget to charge the unit or let’s say you decide to play 36 and the batteries die. Can the wheels be disengaged so it can be manually pushed?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Key to this. I would have a tendency to forget to charge the unit or let’s say you decide to play 36 and the batteries die. Can the wheels be disengaged so it can be manually pushed?

That's a good question and I was trying to figure that out last night when I was messing around with it. I'll have a better answer later tonight after I have a zoom call with the president of the company to go over the unit. I do know that if you disconnect the battery that it will roll freely though.

Looks like you can switch to off and enter free wheel mode

IMG_1636.PNG

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

3 minutes ago, TBT said:

Looks like you can switch to off and enter free wheel mode

IMG_1636.PNG

Hmm from the instructions I read I didn't see any OFF mode. Technically moving the wheels to the second position would be an off power free wheel mode. Roger mentioned he would walk us through that procedure so I will update after the call!

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

Really want to see how this things perform on the really steep hills. At my home course, i find a way to tip over my push cart every once in a while. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Great start guys, looking forward to following this one. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12