TESTERS WANTED! ×

2021 Official Review: Motocaddy M5 and M7

6 hours ago, ole gray said:

Mid to upper 90 temps and I'm still chugging along with my MotoCaddy however an umbrella is a must. MotoCaddy might want to add an umbrella with their name on it as an accessory. 😉

Sounds like a great idea!!  I’m glad MotoCaddy follows this thread.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

23 hours ago, ole gray said:

Mid to upper 90 temps and I'm still chugging along with my MotoCaddy however an umbrella is a must. MotoCaddy might want to add an umbrella with their name on it as an accessory. 😉

If you go to the main menu on their website there is a picture of one under the accessories tab, but I don't see it available to purchase. It may only be available in the UK for now.

On 7/28/2021 at 4:49 AM, ole gray said:

We have a great one in the UK, you can find on Motocaddy.com.  Hoping to get our US PO in soon!!

3 hours ago, Motocaddy said:

We have a great one in the UK, you can find on Motocaddy.com.  Hoping to get our US PO in soon!!

That's awesome as sun protection is so important

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

On 7/29/2021 at 2:12 PM, ole gray said:

That's awesome as sun protection is so important

Always use protection!!! xP

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2021 at 4:07 PM, golfish! said:

Lol I flipped mine too but that's cuz I was trying to do a burn out. Luckily it was on the fairway so it didn't scrape up the handle like that!

Yep but I was the first one to flip one as I posted a while back---- Now starting off on certain hills going straight up no matter what bag or how it is loaded it will tend to pull a wheelie but mine does have a wheelie bar

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Ok thread revival time--- I have not used my Motocaddy much lately--- It has been too hot and humid for me--- but it is supposed to be less humid latter part of the week.

September 24th I am scheduled to play in a all Hickory event for charity at a local Par 3 course. The course is lighted and it is scheduled for night. Have already checked with the course and they said bring the Motocaddy. LOL it is going to be odd I am going to use the Motocaddy bag for the cooler to carry my stuff. It is going to look kinda broad spectrum wise. A few 90 year old clubs stuffed into a modern cart bag. The format called for them furnishing hickory clubs to play 6 holes. I talked to the event director and told him I would like to play the whole round with the Hickories. He loves it and said if I would do that then he would also. Told him I could not find any feathery or gutta balls to play but I will play balata. Looking forward to it

Also saw a post from a Motocaddy user from across the big pond. He was on Persimmon Golf Society on FB. He was talking about Motocaddy had electric gloves that plugged into the USB port and they stayed warm. i am checking into that even though I think if it is cold enough for me to use gloves my back will not hold up but I was mainly curious

Edited by BIG STU

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 9/7/2021 at 8:45 PM, BIG STU said:

electric gloves that plugged into the USB port and they stayed warm

Now that is way cool!! My old fingers (and toes...) get cold and stiff really easily, as soon as there's any kind of chill on the air. Will have to look into those!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 9/7/2021 at 8:45 PM, BIG STU said:

Ok thread revival time--- I have not used my Motocaddy much lately--- It has been too hot and humid for me--- but it is supposed to be less humid latter part of the week.

September 24th I am scheduled to play in a all Hickory event for charity at a local Par 3 course. The course is lighted and it is scheduled for night. Have already checked with the course and they said bring the Motocaddy. LOL it is going to be odd I am going to use the Motocaddy bag for the cooler to carry my stuff. It is going to look kinda broad spectrum wise. A few 90 year old clubs stuffed into a modern cart bag. The format called for them furnishing hickory clubs to play 6 holes. I talked to the event director and told him I would like to play the whole round with the Hickories. He loves it and said if I would do that then he would also. Told him I could not find any feathery or gutta balls to play but I will play balata. Looking forward to it

Also saw a post from a Motocaddy user from across the big pond. He was on Persimmon Golf Society on FB. He was talking about Motocaddy had electric gloves that plugged into the USB port and they stayed warm. i am checking into that even though I think if it is cold enough for me to use gloves my back will not hold up but I was mainly curious

Sic em partner!   

My MotoCaddy is running good and causing smiles!   It has been a hot humid summer and I have been flat footing it the entire year three times per week. If we go out of town, I will ride a cart because some of the distances between holes are ridiculously long.   I'm ready for some cool non humid air to enjoy! 

Cleveland

Just updating since everyone is providing one! Been a bit busy packing for my move to Austin, TX so havent had much time to play. Packed the Motocaddy away but will definitely be walking it once I get situated in Texas and hopefully it gets cooler in the winter. I have been playing the simulator on my Garmin R10 and though the distances aren't always accurate it has been fun playing courses on the range than just bashing balls!

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

On 9/7/2021 at 5:45 PM, BIG STU said:

I believe we just got them in!!  

• 1 month later...

Ok it has been a while but I got the Motocaddy out a few days back. Played in a Hickory Par 3 event--- I walked 9 holes and gave out-----me  not the Motocaddy. R2 D2 as I named it did fine. Have been back to using it this week on the range and actually walked 3 holes. I am up to speed 4 on it until my legs and knees give out. LOL had it loaded down with a big Lynx staff bag with 2 sets of irons several persimmon woods and 5 putters and I think 5 wedges. That was one of my moods when I wanted to hit everything. LOL had to unload the bag some to get it in and out of the car.  Made a day of it between the range and practice green. Next day I put a regular set of 12 clubs in the Jones bag and walked those 3 holes. Thursday I had what has became the gamer bag an old TM R-9 stand bag and it worked fine too did the range thing and walked 2 holes. What I may point out though I do things differently than the average guy as I have so many different bags with different stuff. I have the strap system figured out pretty well with the different bags. I have had like 10 different bags on it during my tests and have had no problems. I used the Motocaddy bag in the par 3 event and looks good it was overkill with just 5 clubs including the putter. Drew some curosity and I demonstrated to a couple of the curious how the bag locks in. But I did point out to one guy that any bag would work on it. Now it is cooling down here again and I am setting up the Motocaddy bag for fall vintage play walking on Sunday afternoons. I will start on 3 holes at first then maybe work my way up to 9 perhaps depending on weather before spring.

G

• 4 weeks later...

Update:   Lately my M7 will abruptly stop while motoring up the fairway.  I will continue to monitor this activity. Has any of the other testers had this issue?

Cleveland

30 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Update:   Lately my M7 will abruptly stop while motoring up the fairway.  I will continue to monitor this activity. Has any of the other testers had this issue?

How far out in front of you is it? It is designed to automatically stop if it gets a certain distance away from you. I have messed with mine did so the other day-- Had it out on our #1 fairway and ran it up on #5 speed and when it got to its set distance and stopped. I could walk up and hit the button and it would take off again as long as I was within distance. MIne is the RC model but I think I read somewhere that the non RC ones will maintain a steady speed for a certain time frame then shut down to keep from running away

While we are doing a report I had mine out last Wednesday for a practice session. The wind was howling as in making the ball  move on the green and making my 3 yard cut a 10 to 12 yard cut. Had my Burton Mini Staff on it because I was too lazy to put my sticks in the Motocaddy bag--- But I had no stability problems due to the wind per say. I played our #1 hole and it is wide open. I did have to bump the left side some intermittently to maintain my line kinda like a trim tab on an airplane. I never felt that it was about to turn over though. I messed around some on the green chipping and putting and watched it and it never gave me the thought it was going to turn over sitting on the slight hill by the green. I was just messing around to get out of the house some and was not practicing seriously just messing around and then got entirely into the Motocaddy wind test. No one was around and so I basically played back up #1 backwards and had to do the trim tab thing opposite way. I will also state within fairnes the Burton bag was not loaded heavy just 12 clubs 6 balls tees gloves and my rangefinder which is SOP for me. I did not have my cooler attached and certainally not my umbrella. Our local TV said the wind gusts were 30 MPH at times. I think I can safely state it is stable in the wind or at least as much wind as I plan to play in. 

Edited by BIG STU

G

9 hours ago, BIG STU said:

How far out in front of you is it? It is designed to automatically stop if it gets a certain distance away from you. I have messed with mine did so the other day-- Had it out on our #1 fairway and ran it up on #5 speed and when it got to its set distance and stopped. I could walk up and hit the button and it would take off again as long as I was within distance. MIne is the RC model but I think I read somewhere that the non RC ones will maintain a steady speed for a certain time frame then shut down to keep from running away

While we are doing a report I had mine out last Wednesday for a practice session. The wind was howling as in making the ball  move on the green and making my 3 yard cut a 10 to 12 yard cut. Had my Burton Mini Staff on it because I was too lazy to put my sticks in the Motocaddy bag--- But I had no stability problems due to the wind per say. I played our #1 hole and it is wide open. I did have to bump the left side some intermittently to maintain my line kinda like a trim tab on an airplane. I never felt that it was about to turn over though. I messed around some on the green chipping and putting and watched it and it never gave me the thought it was going to turn over sitting on the slight hill by the green. I was just messing around to get out of the house some and was not practicing seriously just messing around and then got entirely into the Motocaddy wind test. No one was around and so I basically played back up #1 backwards and had to do the trim tab thing opposite way. I will also state within fairnes the Burton bag was not loaded heavy just 12 clubs 6 balls tees gloves and my rangefinder which is SOP for me. I did not have my cooler attached and certainally not my umbrella. Our local TV said the wind gusts were 30 MPH at times. I think I can safely state it is stable in the wind or at least as much wind as I plan to play in. 

Old Gray something else I learned today. I had the Motocaddy out on the range and had returned to the putting green and was enjoying a Iced Tea--- Looked under the battery box and noticed 2 vent type things. I assume they are to help cool the battery in hot weather--- If those get stopped up for some reason it may cause the battery to overheat and shut down. Just a troubleshooting thought. 

Disclainmer I know very well what happens when one assumes too

Edited by BIG STU

G

6 hours ago, TomUK said:

Yes! Had 2 trollies now and they both did it. Still do.

I was wondering if the control unit may need replacing due to a short or something?

Cleveland

On 11/9/2021 at 4:39 PM, BIG STU said:

Old Gray something else I learned today. I had the Motocaddy out on the range and had returned to the putting green and was enjoying a Iced Tea--- Looked under the battery box and noticed 2 vent type things. I assume they are to help cool the battery in hot weather--- If those get stopped up for some reason it may cause the battery to overheat and shut down. Just a troubleshooting thought. 

Disclainmer I know very well what happens when one assumes too

I thought the same thing about the vents and took my M7 back to my work shop and blew it out good with my air compressor.  Still stops so I'm guessing either the battery or the remote controller is having issues?   

Cleveland

On 11/12/2021 at 11:24 PM, ole gray said:

I was wondering if the control unit may need replacing due to a short or something?

I even borrowed the Motocaddy sale managers trolley for the day and managed to get that to stop too. So every trolley I’ve had does it. It’s in for repair again and they’ve replaced the receiver. Not holding out much hope to be honest. 

On 11/9/2021 at 5:49 AM, ole gray said:

Don't think the M5 units have that issue since it's meant to be operated from directly behind at all times. It does have an autostop function that will stop the motor after a certain amount of runtime (though if it encounters an obstacle such as a bunker or a pond before it hits that timer it will go right into it!). I haven't really tested this function as I only did the set distance mode for stop. 

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

• 4 weeks later...

Weather is cooler here in Texas so will definitely get to walking my next round with the motocaddy. The battery has been sitting in the box for a few months now so we'll see how the battery charge held up. 

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

19 hours ago, golfish! said:

Weather is cooler here in Texas so will definitely get to walking my next round with the motocaddy. The battery has been sitting in the box for a few months now so we'll see how the battery charge held up. 

Mine was ok yesterday It had sat maybe 3 weeks--- I did a range session with like 16 clubs in the bag too many weight wise for me to carry at this stage. 

G

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 7:12 PM, StowC said:

I purchased an M7 about a month ago and for my last two rounds it has been doing the random stop thing.  I thought it was me doing something wrong but tested it today and it’s definitely cutting out on its own.

Mine has been with the local repair agent now for over 3 months! And I’m really not convinced they are capable of fixing it.

• 1 month later...

New M7 arrived last week. After 3 months in the repair shop, Motocaddy sent the new part 4 times and it never arrived at the repairer so they eventually sent out a replacement trolley. 3 months of trolley rentals at my course. A further £150 spent. 

First outing yesterday and….. it randomly stops. Only about 4-5 times during the round, instead of 18-20, but it’s 4-5 times too many. 

• 1 month later...

Looking for this part which is used to snap in the bottom bungee cord that holds bag in place. 

motocaddypart.jpg

Cleveland

3 hours ago, ole gray said:

Looking for this part which is used to snap in the bottom bungee cord that holds bag in place. 

motocaddypart.jpg

How pray tell me did you do that???--- I know you GA boys have a reputation of being easily capable of destroying ball bearings with a rubber hammer. Geeze Louise how did you do that????

G

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

How pray tell me did you do that???--- I know you GA boys have a reputation of being easily capable of destroying ball bearings with a rubber hammer. Geeze Louise how did you do that????

As you know the M7 is a tank however here's the spill.   Either it was one of my Dale Earnhardt going down episodes where the cart hit the side of a cart path and took a hard crash or possibly the time Betty Lou topped a hill and took on a full size golf cart.   😳  One of my buddies said she was humping on his golf cart like stud bull on the hunt. The good news is I sent a pic of the damaged part to Motocaddy and they responded immediately!  I sent my address and they will have the part I need delivered soon. Talk about world class customer service!  💣 

Cleveland

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

As you know the M7 is a tank however here's the spill.   Either it was one of my Dale Earnhardt going down episodes where the cart hit the side of a cart path and took a hard crash or possibly the time Betty Lou topped a hill and took on a full size golf cart.   😳  One of my buddies said she was humping on his golf cart like stud bull on the hunt. The good news is I sent a pic of the damaged part to Motocaddy and they responded immediately!  I sent my address and they will have the part I need delivered soon. Talk about world class customer service!  💣 

I know you just could not stand it that I was the first to turn one over. You had to one up me and do actual damage. Big E would have been proud of you.

G

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 6:58 PM, BIG STU said:

I know you just could not stand it that I was the first to turn one over. You had to one up me and do actual damage. Big E would have been proud of you.

Motocaddy took good care of me and the part I needed was quickly shipped 😍

Cleveland