Jump to content

2021 Official Review: Motocaddy M5 and M7


Recommended Posts

@BIG STU gifted me his Motocaddy M7 as he felt walking his course was not in his future. So I'm going to give my impressions and testing here. I can't say it enough. Thank you Stu.

So first off the unit does fold very compact and I was able to get it back to Tennesse with no problem even though the car was loaded from vacation. Three suitcases, a set of golf clubs, two beach chairs, backpack, beach bag, and a cooler. All in the trunk of my Chevy Impala.

Being excited to take the M7 out, I headed to the course this afternoon. Probably not one of my better decisions. It was 87, sunny, and humid. I'm usually a morning golfer but I had to many chores to get caught up on after being away a week. But somehow always enough time to get in a few holes. 🤣

Getting used to the controls was a piece of cake. I took it for a text drive around my yard yesterday to get familiar with it. I was zipping around the course easily. I got to the second hole and this is one of the larger hills. Shorter but steeper, if it made it up this one any doubts I had would be dismissed. 

Let me tell you. This thing will climb like a mountain goat. It made it up with no problem. Me on the other hand, well I was huffing and puffing when I got to the top. I'm in decent shape but this is a tough walking course. Not one flat hole, every hole has elevation changes.  I made it through 7 holes before calling it quits. Mainly due to the heat. My legs were fine but I felt the heat starting to get to me. I did take a video. As soon as I figure out how to get it out of my phone I'll add it.

What I learned today.

I have to figure out an easy place to store the remote when I go to the green. The built in holder on the trolly is a little cumbersome. Putting the remote in my pocket is not a good idea. I'll get back to that in a minute.

Stopping the trolly on the cart path that is inclined you can see that the trolly wants to roll backward. It won't roll back but it did creep a little. So on inclines I just kept the trolly on the grass and angled it a bit.

I can comfortably walk and keep up on level 4. 

It is best to have the trolly a  few yards or more out in front of you.  When you turn left or right it sort of stops forward motion on harder turns and you can walk into it if your too close. 

Never run the Motocaddy without the wheelie bar in place. I noticed that on climbing the hills, without it, it certainly would have flipped. The wheelie bar got a work out.

Most importantly disconnect the power plug from the battery to the motors when you get back to your car before doing anything else. I put the remote in my pocket and bent over to untie my shoes. Well the bending over motion must have activated the remotes forward motion and the cart ran into me. So now trying to get up, get the remote out of my pocket, and hold the trolly back must have been a site. I realized how much torque that thing has. Glad nobody was in the parking lot to see that fiasco. 🤪 So if this happened at the green and depending on if you were paying attention to the cart or not it could take off as you bend down to read the green.

 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

@BIG STU gifted me his Motocaddy M7 as he felt walking his course was not in his future. So I'm going to give my impressions and testing here. I can't say it enough. Thank you Stu.

So first off the unit does fold very compact and I was able to get it back to Tennesse with no problem even though the car was loaded from vacation. Three suitcases, a set of golf clubs, two beach chairs, backpack, beach bag, and a cooler. All in the trunk of my Chevy Impala.

Being excited to take the M7 out, I headed to the course this afternoon. Probably not one of my better decisions. It was 87, sunny, and humid. I'm usually a morning golfer but I had to many chores to get caught up on after being away a week. But somehow always enough time to get in a few holes. 🤣

Getting used to the controls was a piece of cake. I took it for a text drive around my yard yesterday to get familiar with it. I was zipping around the course easily. I got to the second hole and this is one of the larger hills. Shorter but steeper, if it made it up this one any doubts I had would be dismissed. 

Let me tell you. This thing will climb like a mountain goat. It made it up with no problem. Me on the other hand, well I was huffing and puffing when I got to the top. I'm in decent shape but this is a tough walking course. Not one flat hole, every hole has elevation changes.  I made it through 7 holes before calling it quits. Mainly due to the heat. My legs were fine but I felt the heat starting to get to me. I did take a video. As soon as I figure out how to get it out of my phone I'll add it.

What I learned today.

I have to figure out an easy place to store the remote when I go to the green. The built in holder on the trolly is a little cumbersome. Putting the remote in my pocket is not a good idea. I'll get back to that in a minute.

Stopping the trolly on the cart path that is inclined you can see that the trolly wants to roll backward. It won't roll back but it did creep a little. So on inclines I just kept the trolly on the grass and angled it a bit.

I can comfortably walk and keep up on level 4. 

It is best to have the trolly a  few yards or more out in front of you.  When you turn left or right it sort of stops forward motion on harder turns and you can walk into it if your too close. 

Never run the Motocaddy without the wheelie bar in place. I noticed that on climbing the hills, without it, it certainly would have flipped. The wheelie bar got a work out.

Most importantly disconnect the power plug from the battery to the motors when you get back to your car before doing anything else. I put the remote in my pocket and bent over to untie my shoes. Well the bending over motion must have activated the remotes forward motion and the cart ran into me. So now trying to get up, get the remote out of my pocket, and hold the trolly back must have been a site. I realized how much torque that thing has. Glad nobody was in the parking lot to see that fiasco. 🤪 So if this happened at the green and depending on if you were paying attention to the cart or not it could take off as you bend down to read the green.

 

Good job partner! 👏

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I have to figure out an easy place to store the remote when I go to the green. The built in holder on the trolly is a little cumbersome. Putting the remote in my pocket is not a good idea. I'll get back to that in a minute.

 

The later version in UK came with a small cube that fits into the top of the accessory station that the remote fits onto. Pretty handy but no use if you have something else in there already. 
 

Personally I put the remote on the outside of my pocket when going to the green. That way, you can walk off and set the trolley off to meet you at the same time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

@BIG STU gifted me his Motocaddy M7 as he felt walking his course was not in his future. So I'm going to give my impressions and testing here. I can't say it enough. Thank you Stu.

So first off the unit does fold very compact and I was able to get it back to Tennesse with no problem even though the car was loaded from vacation. Three suitcases, a set of golf clubs, two beach chairs, backpack, beach bag, and a cooler. All in the trunk of my Chevy Impala.

Being excited to take the M7 out, I headed to the course this afternoon. Probably not one of my better decisions. It was 87, sunny, and humid. I'm usually a morning golfer but I had to many chores to get caught up on after being away a week. But somehow always enough time to get in a few holes. 🤣

Getting used to the controls was a piece of cake. I took it for a text drive around my yard yesterday to get familiar with it. I was zipping around the course easily. I got to the second hole and this is one of the larger hills. Shorter but steeper, if it made it up this one any doubts I had would be dismissed. 

Let me tell you. This thing will climb like a mountain goat. It made it up with no problem. Me on the other hand, well I was huffing and puffing when I got to the top. I'm in decent shape but this is a tough walking course. Not one flat hole, every hole has elevation changes.  I made it through 7 holes before calling it quits. Mainly due to the heat. My legs were fine but I felt the heat starting to get to me. I did take a video. As soon as I figure out how to get it out of my phone I'll add it.

What I learned today.

I have to figure out an easy place to store the remote when I go to the green. The built in holder on the trolly is a little cumbersome. Putting the remote in my pocket is not a good idea. I'll get back to that in a minute.

Stopping the trolly on the cart path that is inclined you can see that the trolly wants to roll backward. It won't roll back but it did creep a little. So on inclines I just kept the trolly on the grass and angled it a bit.

I can comfortably walk and keep up on level 4. 

It is best to have the trolly a  few yards or more out in front of you.  When you turn left or right it sort of stops forward motion on harder turns and you can walk into it if your too close. 

Never run the Motocaddy without the wheelie bar in place. I noticed that on climbing the hills, without it, it certainly would have flipped. The wheelie bar got a work out.

Most importantly disconnect the power plug from the battery to the motors when you get back to your car before doing anything else. I put the remote in my pocket and bent over to untie my shoes. Well the bending over motion must have activated the remotes forward motion and the cart ran into me. So now trying to get up, get the remote out of my pocket, and hold the trolly back must have been a site. I realized how much torque that thing has. Glad nobody was in the parking lot to see that fiasco. 🤪 So if this happened at the green and depending on if you were paying attention to the cart or not it could take off as you bend down to read the green.

 

I told you that thing has power--- The remote incident you described is what I think happened to me that day when it was turned over by the entrance to the snack bar wheels spinning. But then again that day I think some of the men's groups may have messed with it because they were sitting laughing. from then on I did reach down and disconnect the battery if I went inside for a while. And if they messed with it I may have brought that on myself by messing with them. When I first got it of course there was some curiosity and when someone starting looking at it I would be in the clubhouse or up by the outside bar area and make it move. Turned it on a dime and chased one old codger with it. Even though I did not wring it out balls to the wall like I really wanted to I probably had more ought right fun and giggles with it than anyone else. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

 

 

 G

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TomUK said:

The later version in UK came with a small cube that fits into the top of the accessory station that the remote fits onto. Pretty handy but no use if you have something else in there already. 
 

Personally I put the remote on the outside of my pocket when going to the green. That way, you can walk off and set the trolley off to meet you at the same time. 

I thought I told Tom maybe I did maybe I did not--- I somehow broke the clip off the remote and I used the phone clip when I did not have it in hand. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

 

 

 G

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed the clip was broken off but the piece was in the unit. Luckily I work in a manufacturing facility. I'm going to make a stainless steel replacement clip in the next day or two. 


 

 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I noticed the clip was broken off but the piece was in the unit. Luckily I work in a manufacturing facility. I'm going to make a stainless steel replacement clip in the next day or two. 


 

 

Isn’t it great having a Tool Room/Machine Shop available!  I miss that after retirement more than anything!

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I noticed the clip was broken off but the piece was in the unit. Luckily I work in a manufacturing facility. I'm going to make a stainless steel replacement clip in the next day or two. 

I was able to get the hill climb out of my phone. 

 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Isn’t it great having a Tool Room/Machine Shop available!  I miss that after retirement more than anything!

I even have my own workshop at home where most of my creations come from. Luckily all of my roles in different companies were related to manufacturing in one way or another. My current company has 100,000 sq /feet of manufacturing equipment.  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I even have my own workshop at home where most of my creations come from. Luckily all of my roles in different companies were related to manufacturing in one way or another. My current company has 100,000 sq /feet of manufacturing equipment.  

I spent 30 years running a Mfg Co but started out as a ToolDie Maker.  Missed making “stuff”.

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

The next generation needs an attachment point where the wheelie bar is for a tow-rope as a golfer hill-climb assist feature. 

LOL I actually thought of that as a "Stu Assist" but then thought knowing my luck it would go Loco and drag me to my death like a rider stuck in horse stirrup. I had also thought of like a old lawnmower axle mounted to a seat like a single horse buggy racer but figured it would burn it up dragging me around or again go Loco and kill me. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

 

 

 G

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I have to figure out an easy place to store the remote when I go to the green.

I stick mine in a back pocket .. seems to work without (embarrassing) incident.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Rickp said:

Isn’t it great having a Tool Room/Machine Shop available!  I miss that after retirement more than anything!

 

9 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I even have my own workshop at home where most of my creations come from. Luckily all of my roles in different companies were related to manufacturing in one way or another. My current company has 100,000 sq /feet of manufacturing equipment.  

I couldn't stop myself. I got home from work and headed right into my workshop. When you take the remainder of the clip off the remote there is the one attachment screw but there are two square nubs that protrude into two square pockets to prevent the clip from rotating. I used modeling clay to get the locations and transfered the pattern to stainless steel. A 6-32 machine screw fit into the square detents perfectly. A little drilling and tapping, some bending and polishing and done.

 

IMG_2007.jpg.266bbe614682d2fe986d97fb3da843ff.jpg

 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Another round in today.

Summary:

Hills. No problem what so ever climbing our mountainous course. The Motocaddy M7 has more torque than you could imagine. I survived the walk as well (88 degrees, sunny, and humid).

Ease of set up and operation. Very easy.

Tipping. I put this through some rough uneven terrain. And ran it through on speed level 5 and it did not tip over. I found the steepest side of one of our hills and it did not tip over backwards. The wheelie bar with the wheel did its job well.

Things I have to get used to. The clip connection to the back of the remotes orientation is reverse of what I instinctively think it should be. So when mounted on your belt its upside down.

I instinctively walk to the cart and bag after a shot instead of having it come to me or meet me somewhere. That's just a change that will take a while to become ingrained. 

Now for the Motocaddy bag. Let me start by saying that I am a 14 way divider bag fan. However the compartment layout of the 14 slots is not user friendly. They tried to reduce the footprint by staggering the club slots. This makes it tougher to get clubs in and out. Especially on an angle. It also has me looking more for the club I want.  I like the rows type of design more. I have a Bag Boy Chiller. I'll still work with it for awhile and see if I get used to it. This is a waterproof bag so there is one zipper pull on the left side of each pocket. By design to keep water out. Normally other bags will have one on each side and I kept them at the top. Easy enough to get used to but worth mentioning.

 

 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

... Just to add some experience. I prefer the MGI ZIP for one reason. Gyroscope. With my M7 I had to constantly re-direct the cart as it tends to wander back and forth although usually in one direction like curving to the right or left. There are adjustments you can make but they always seems to over correct and I never got it to track straight. This is really my only complaint as my M7 was durable and reliable for everything other than moving in a straight line. The ZIP never wanders or more appropriately if it hits a slope and moves a little one way or the other, it self corrects after a few yards and gets back on course. It is impossible to over state how much this matters and I would easily call it a night and day difference because set the speed and keep it about 6 feet in front of you and you never have to think about it til you get to your ball and hit stop. One other nice feature of the ZIP's remote is there are 2 buttons that turn the unit on and off. When you stop you press a red bottom and the other buttons no longer work. When ready to start again you press a green Botton and the rest of the buttons are functional again. This stops you from a "pocket" command like Tom mentioned. 

... As far as the companies, I find MGI arrogant and not very helpful if you have any problem related to weather. Get caught in a rain storm and the electronics cease to work? Too bad and you are on your own for repairs. I had a problem with the battery on my M7 after getting caught in a sudden downpour and Mottocaddy replaced it after taking it to the repair center in Aurora IL. My ZIP got wet after crashing in a lake when some high school kids demoing it lost control. I have probably helped MGI sell 20-40 units with reviews and word of mouth. I contacted them and asked for a replacement at PUD pricing since I had done so much for the company. Should have been a no brainer but they sent me a thanks for being "a loyal customer and proud owner" but nothing they could do for me. After contacting several others in the company the response was "here is a link to some refurbished ZIPs and you can pay full price. Since I already paid full price and owned the MGI Quad and the ZIP that was crashed by others, I felt selling me one for their cost was an ideal solution. Their final response was basically "Not what you want to hear but we will do nothing for you and don't care how many units you have helped us sell through reviews and word of mouth". And it was as much how they responded than what they said as they were just very condescending. 

... The above established, I bought a new ZIP when Costco had them on sale for $300 off because as much as I dislike MGI the company, if you keep your ZIP out of the rain or around any water it is the best remote cart on the market. I have had 6 different remote carts and most went out of business. If I were getting a non remote model, I would definitely go with Mottocaddy as I owned the S1 non remote and never had any issues with it. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 Max 10.5* ... Graphite Design AD-IZr
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:  Custom EV 5.1  33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Just to add some experience. I prefer the MGI ZIP for one reason. Gyroscope. With my M7 I had to constantly re-direct the cart as it tends to wander back and forth although usually in one direction like curving to the right or left. There are adjustments you can make but they always seems to over correct and I never got it to track straight. This is really my only complaint as my M7 was durable and reliable for everything other than moving in a straight line. The ZIP never wanders or more appropriately if it hits a slope and moves a little one way or the other, it self corrects after a few yards and gets back on course. It is impossible to over state how much this matters and I would easily call it a night and day difference because set the speed and keep it about 6 feet in front of you and you never have to think about it til you get to your ball and hit stop. One other nice feature of the ZIP's remote is there are 2 buttons that turn the unit on and off. When you stop you press a red bottom and the other buttons no longer work. When ready to start again you press a green Botton and the rest of the buttons are functional again. This stops you from a "pocket" command like Tom mentioned. 

... As far as the companies, I find MGI arrogant and not very helpful if you have any problem related to weather. Get caught in a rain storm and the electronics cease to work? Too bad and you are on your own for repairs. I had a problem with the battery on my M7 after getting caught in a sudden downpour and Mottocaddy replaced it after taking it to the repair center in Aurora IL. My ZIP got wet after crashing in a lake when some high school kids demoing it lost control. I have probably helped MGI sell 20-40 units with reviews and word of mouth. I contacted them and asked for a replacement at PUD pricing since I had done so much for the company. Should have been a no brainer but they sent me a thanks for being "a loyal customer and proud owner" but nothing they could do for me. After contacting several others in the company the response was "here is a link to some refurbished ZIPs and you can pay full price. Since I already paid full price and owned the MGI Quad and the ZIP that was crashed by others, I felt selling me one for their cost was an ideal solution. Their final response was basically "Not what you want to hear but we will do nothing for you and don't care how many units you have helped us sell through reviews and word of mouth". And it was as much how they responded than what they said as they were just very condescending. 

... The above established, I bought a new ZIP when Costco had them on sale for $300 off because as much as I dislike MGI the company, if you keep your ZIP out of the rain or around any water it is the best remote cart on the market. I have had 6 different remote carts and most went out of business. If I were getting a non remote model, I would definitely go with Mottocaddy as I owned the S1 non remote and never had any issues with it. 

Like you said I found the M-7 to wander some what little bit I had it on the course. I kinda chalked it up to unever terrain and also kinda like adjusting the Trim Tabs on an airplane. I had played with it enough for a while I got good with the remote. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

 

 

 G

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Like you said I found the M-7 to wander some what little bit I had it on the course. I kinda chalked it up to unever terrain and also kinda like adjusting the Trim Tabs on an airplane. I had played with it enough for a while I got good with the remote. 

 

... It was always a PIA but every remote cart I owned did the same thing to one degree or another so I figured it just came with the territory. When I ran into MGI at the pga show and they were demonstrating their gyroscope I knew it was a game changer. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 Max 10.5* ... Graphite Design AD-IZr
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:  Custom EV 5.1  33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another round with the Motocaddy M7 under the belt. I am starting to get used to it. Some more quirks came to the surface today. Since my course is very hilly and many fairways slope either left or right, you really have to tweak the direction constantly. The Motocaddy wants to follow the slope. The easiest way to deal with it is to keep the cart further out in front of you. I got used to it, but I'm sure it would be easier to use on a flatter course. I did check the alignment in the parking lot area and it tracked straight.

Another thing I found is that the cart creeps if left on any type of slope. The motors don't lock or break when left unattended. It won't roll away,  but it very slowly creeps. I parked the unit at the top of the wet area and by the time I came back from teeing off (and I was by myself) I moved about 10 yards. 

IMG_2046.JPG.a000bff1d87e55f2b0fff3de17d04a2d.JPG

I did manage to tip it over today. It started to rain and I was booking it to the shelter so not to get the electronic wet. Hit a root on a tree and over she went. Luckily it only rained for 10 minutes. 

I wanted to have a little fun if I had a good opportunity. The par five 385 yard hole turned out to be the perfect place. Hope you enjoy!

 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Another round with the Motocaddy M7 under the belt. I am starting to get used to it. Some more quirks came to the surface today. Since my course is very hilly and many fairways slope either left or right, you really have to tweak the direction constantly. The Motocaddy wants to follow the slope. The easiest way to deal with it is to keep the cart further out in front of you. I got used to it, but I'm sure it would be easier to use on a flatter course. I did check the alignment in the parking lot area and it tracked straight.

Another thing I found is that the cart creeps if left on any type of slope. The motors lock or break when left unattended. It won't roll away but it very slowly creeps. I parked the unit at the top of the wet area and by the time I came back from teeing off (and I was by myself) I moved about 10 yards. 

IMG_2046.JPG.a000bff1d87e55f2b0fff3de17d04a2d.JPG

I did manage to tip it over today. It started to rain and I was booking it to the shelter so not to get the electronic wet. Hit a root on a tree and over she went. Luckily it only rained for 10 minutes. 

I wanted to have a little fun if I had a good opportunity. The par five 385 yard hole turned out to be the perfect place. Hope you enjoy!

 

First off, that's both creative and hilarious! I'm going to have to show my wife because I know she'll love seeing that.

Secondly, great shot! I think that's the easiest eagle putt you can ask for. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Since my course is very hilly and many fairways slope either left or right, you really have to tweak the direction constantly.

 

... Since no fairways are really flat because they would puddle with rain, they all have at least a little slope in one direction or another. I found all my remote carts wandered on virtually any fairway. And when I say wander, I mean you should be able to point your cart in one direction and not touch your remote until it arrives at your ball. Without a gyroscope I have never found that to be the case and not only did I have to make constant corrections, what is worse is it demanded my attention which kinda defeats the purpose of a remote cart imo. 

... Nice Eagle! 🤗

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 Max 10.5* ... Graphite Design AD-IZr
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:  Custom EV 5.1  33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

First off, that's both creative and hilarious! I'm going to have to show my wife because I know she'll love seeing that.

Secondly, great shot! I think that's the easiest eagle putt you can ask for. 

I knew you would appreciate it. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, chisag said:

 

... Since no fairways are really flat because they would puddle with rain, they all have at least a little slope in one direction or another. I found all my remote carts wandered on virtually any fairway. And when I say wander, I mean you should be able to point your cart in one direction and not touch your remote until it arrives at your ball. Without a gyroscope I have never found that to be the case and not only did I have to make constant corrections, what is worse is it demanded my attention which kinda defeats the purpose of a remote cart imo. 

... Nice Eagle! 🤗

Thanks on the Eagle. Agreed on fairways not being really flat. But mine can be ridiculous at times. If you don't hit the left quarter of the fairway you will be in the right rough with overhanging trees blocking your approach on many occasion. Some hole the opposite. 

The gyroscope sounds intriguing. I'm sure for a pretty penny. Have you tried a four wheel unit of any brand? Does it track better than a center wheeled unit does? 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Thanks on the Eagle. Agreed on fairways not being really flat. But mine can be ridiculous at times. If you don't hit the left quarter of the fairway you will be in the right rough with overhanging trees blocking your approach on many occasion. Some hole the opposite. 

The gyroscope sounds intriguing. I'm sure for a pretty penny. Have you tried a four wheel unit of any brand? Does it track better than a center wheeled unit does? 

 

... The ZIP with the gyroscope is actually $50 less than the M7. Of course your M7 is $1495 cheaper than the ZIP. 😉  My MGI Quad has 4 wheels and tracks just like the ZIP. I made the change because the ZIP is smaller, lighter and maneuvers better. My Quad 4 wheel reacts very quickly to remote commands and tends to turn too quickly or hesitate a little then zoom in another direction. Not egregiously so, but I find the ZIP easier to control. What is at least a little interesting is the ZIP is really pretty wild when not using the remote as the gyroscope is not activated and I found the M7 much easier to control without a remote. Maybe twice a year I charge the remote and forget to bring it with me so found out the hard way. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 Max 10.5* ... Graphite Design AD-IZr
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:  Custom EV 5.1  33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Another round with the Motocaddy M7 under the belt. I am starting to get used to it. Some more quirks came to the surface today. Since my course is very hilly and many fairways slope either left or right, you really have to tweak the direction constantly. The Motocaddy wants to follow the slope. The easiest way to deal with it is to keep the cart further out in front of you. I got used to it, but I'm sure it would be easier to use on a flatter course. I did check the alignment in the parking lot area and it tracked straight.

Another thing I found is that the cart creeps if left on any type of slope. The motors lock or break when left unattended. It won't roll away but it very slowly creeps. I parked the unit at the top of the wet area and by the time I came back from teeing off (and I was by myself) I moved about 10 yards. 

IMG_2046.JPG.a000bff1d87e55f2b0fff3de17d04a2d.JPG

I did manage to tip it over today. It started to rain and I was booking it to the shelter so not to get the electronic wet. Hit a root on a tree and over she went. Luckily it only rained for 10 minutes. 

I wanted to have a little fun if I had a good opportunity. The par five 385 yard hole turned out to be the perfect place. Hope you enjoy!

 

Ha Ha you just had to turn it over. Edit great eagle too!!! I was laughing so hard I forgot to congratulate you on the eagle. Looks like your clubs set up good with that bag

Edited by BIG STU

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

 

 

 G

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BIG STU said:

Ha Ha you just had to turn it over. 

 

... Every now and then grass will grow over a sprinkler head or drain so it isn't visible from 10 feet away and my remote cart will tip over if it catches it the wrong way. Same for a crack/hole in the pavement on an unfamiliar course.  🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 Max 10.5* ... Graphite Design AD-IZr
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:  Custom EV 5.1  33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BIG STU said:

Ha Ha you just had to turn it over. 

It's like learning to golf. It takes a while to get things right!  This will take a little getting used to but I'm getting there. I have to get used to doing left and right in reverse when I'm in front of it instead of behind it. 

But today wore my butt out!  Not ideal weather conditions to walk 18.  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, chisag said:

 

... Every now and then grass will grow over a sprinkler head or drain so it isn't visible from 10 feet away and my remote cart will tip over if it catches it the wrong way. Same for a crack/hole in the pavement on an unfamiliar course.  🤪

I got the cart path crack today with the front wheel. Kind of tossed it around a bit but it didn't tip. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

It's like learning to golf. It takes a while to get things right!  This will take a little getting used to but I'm getting there. I have to get used to doing left and right in reverse when I'm in front of it instead of behind it. 

 

... Most tend to get lax once they are very comfortable using the remote. That's when accidents happen. And I still struggle with left right when I am in front and I have been using them for over 25 years! 🤣

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 Max 10.5* ... Graphite Design AD-IZr
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:  Custom EV 5.1  33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2022 at 5:58 PM, chisag said:

.. not only did I have to make constant corrections, what is worse is it demanded my attention which kinda defeats the purpose of a remote cart imo

It seems most electric cart manufacturers that don't already have it, will all integrate some form of "Follow Me" into their models.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...