2021 Official Review: Motocaddy M5 and M7

On 9/7/2021 at 8:45 PM, BIG STU said:

electric gloves that plugged into the USB port and they stayed warm

Now that is way cool!! My old fingers (and toes...) get cold and stiff really easily, as soon as there's any kind of chill on the air. Will have to look into those!!

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

On 9/7/2021 at 8:45 PM, BIG STU said:

Ok thread revival time--- I have not used my Motocaddy much lately--- It has been too hot and humid for me--- but it is supposed to be less humid latter part of the week.

September 24th I am scheduled to play in a all Hickory event for charity at a local Par 3 course. The course is lighted and it is scheduled for night. Have already checked with the course and they said bring the Motocaddy. LOL it is going to be odd I am going to use the Motocaddy bag for the cooler to carry my stuff. It is going to look kinda broad spectrum wise. A few 90 year old clubs stuffed into a modern cart bag. The format called for them furnishing hickory clubs to play 6 holes. I talked to the event director and told him I would like to play the whole round with the Hickories. He loves it and said if I would do that then he would also. Told him I could not find any feathery or gutta balls to play but I will play balata. Looking forward to it

Also saw a post from a Motocaddy user from across the big pond. He was on Persimmon Golf Society on FB. He was talking about Motocaddy had electric gloves that plugged into the USB port and they stayed warm. i am checking into that even though I think if it is cold enough for me to use gloves my back will not hold up but I was mainly curious

Sic em partner!   

My MotoCaddy is running good and causing smiles!   It has been a hot humid summer and I have been flat footing it the entire year three times per week. If we go out of town, I will ride a cart because some of the distances between holes are ridiculously long.   I'm ready for some cool non humid air to enjoy! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway  Max 6 - PW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Evnroll 
 ER2 Putter

Just updating since everyone is providing one! Been a bit busy packing for my move to Austin, TX so havent had much time to play. Packed the Motocaddy away but will definitely be walking it once I get situated in Texas and hopefully it gets cooler in the winter. I have been playing the simulator on my Garmin R10 and though the distances aren't always accurate it has been fun playing courses on the range than just bashing balls!

• Like 2

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

On 9/7/2021 at 5:45 PM, BIG STU said:

Ok thread revival time--- I have not used my Motocaddy much lately--- It has been too hot and humid for me--- but it is supposed to be less humid latter part of the week.

September 24th I am scheduled to play in a all Hickory event for charity at a local Par 3 course. The course is lighted and it is scheduled for night. Have already checked with the course and they said bring the Motocaddy. LOL it is going to be odd I am going to use the Motocaddy bag for the cooler to carry my stuff. It is going to look kinda broad spectrum wise. A few 90 year old clubs stuffed into a modern cart bag. The format called for them furnishing hickory clubs to play 6 holes. I talked to the event director and told him I would like to play the whole round with the Hickories. He loves it and said if I would do that then he would also. Told him I could not find any feathery or gutta balls to play but I will play balata. Looking forward to it

Also saw a post from a Motocaddy user from across the big pond. He was on Persimmon Golf Society on FB. He was talking about Motocaddy had electric gloves that plugged into the USB port and they stayed warm. i am checking into that even though I think if it is cold enough for me to use gloves my back will not hold up but I was mainly curious

I believe we just got them in!!  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Ok it has been a while but I got the Motocaddy out a few days back. Played in a Hickory Par 3 event--- I walked 9 holes and gave out-----me  not the Motocaddy. R2 D2 as I named it did fine. Have been back to using it this week on the range and actually walked 3 holes. I am up to speed 4 on it until my legs and knees give out. LOL had it loaded down with a big Lynx staff bag with 2 sets of irons several persimmon woods and 5 putters and I think 5 wedges. That was one of my moods when I wanted to hit everything. LOL had to unload the bag some to get it in and out of the car.  Made a day of it between the range and practice green. Next day I put a regular set of 12 clubs in the Jones bag and walked those 3 holes. Thursday I had what has became the gamer bag an old TM R-9 stand bag and it worked fine too did the range thing and walked 2 holes. What I may point out though I do things differently than the average guy as I have so many different bags with different stuff. I have the strap system figured out pretty well with the different bags. I have had like 10 different bags on it during my tests and have had no problems. I used the Motocaddy bag in the par 3 event and looks good it was overkill with just 5 clubs including the putter. Drew some curosity and I demonstrated to a couple of the curious how the bag locks in. But I did point out to one guy that any bag would work on it. Now it is cooling down here again and I am setting up the Motocaddy bag for fall vintage play walking on Sunday afternoons. I will start on 3 holes at first then maybe work my way up to 9 perhaps depending on weather before spring.

• Like 6

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- LW Cleveland 588 60* S-400 Sensicore--- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bag My Old School Titleist Mini Staff