Testers ANNOUNCED: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 Putters

Joe Petrosino

Chicago, IL

Currently playing an Odyssey Works Versa 2-ball Fang Tank Putter with a Super Stroke Grip

I have been looking to try out a blade putter without the counter weight that I normally use, but am open to trying any of the 3 models!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When the Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 won the Most Wanted Mallet title in 2018, we all took notice. When it did it again in 2019, we knew this putter was special. Since then, the Impact No. 3 has ge

This was a very popular one, many members were excited to test the newest edition of the Tommy Armour Putter line to see if it lives up to the past success--Most Wanted Winners--of the previous models

Received the putter yesterday, I love the looks of it.   

Posted Images

A lot of entries for this one! Yikes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     TSi2 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Smoke C3 setting

Fairways   HZRDUS Smoke 13.5* & 19* C3 setting

Driving Iron:   U500 17* Fujikura Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X 6.0 1* up

Wedges   SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter    Newport 2

Ball   2020 ProV1

Jay 

Connecticut

Scotty Special Select Del Mar

Impact No. 1

I happened to purchase the original No. 3 before it showed up on the MGS Most Wanted—and was happily surprised to learn it took high honors.  I just happened to be messing around with it at a Golf Galaxy.  I wasn’t even thinking about buying another putter to add to my collection, but the dumb thing kept dropping putts in from everywhere, so I bought it spontaneously for $45 (used). Unlike some clubs that do so well at the store, it actually worked—as advertised—on the course.  The less than premium finish quality on the head, and not so noteworthy looking shaft give me pause when it comes to gaming it, but it’s a good practice putter.  With a better finish and a re-labell, that club would be selling for 3X the current price—and I’d be putting it in the regular rota.

• Patrick Rowland
  • Greenwood, IN
  • Odyssey Rossie 2 (original)
  • No. 1

image.png.498683147a0a2d450d181bb4a455268a.pngTaylor Made M1 Driver

image.png.aaa73d1ac234f4c7d7d31dddbcf12d62.pngSub 70 3 hybrid

image.jpeg.3c2957b9771bca3f24055ecf0fbba52b.jpegPing Crossover 4 iron

image.jpeg.3c2957b9771bca3f24055ecf0fbba52b.jpegi10 Ping Irons

image.png.8fb712202da2af35d3d1f803e309df58.pngVokey Wedges 52, 56, 60

Adam

Chesapeake, VA

Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 (mid to late 1990's)

No 2 Wide as it is most like my current putter (have tried a friends Evnroll ER2 and like, but don't want to spend that kind of money) or the No 1, thinking about switching to a blade style

Edited by Cutt19

Trying again, been playing golf since the mid 70’s and would love to take the Wide putter to the course. I’ve hit it in the store and am impressed by the stability. I liked the previous Impact 2 in the store but not on the course, hopefully this one will carry onto the greens.

Rob Alberti 

MD

Infinite West Loop

Would love to be a tester so as to get an international view point... I’m 78yo off a 4 hcp and am a member of a club that has 4 courses all with different types of greens and grasses... this should give a good perspective on any testing given the different conditions.

WITB...Taylor Made driver, Callaway Steelhead 15’ 3 metal, Cleveland 19’ rescue, 5-SW Callaway Steelhead irons, 60’ Titleist Vokey wedge, 🤦‍♂️Various putters.

Joseph T.

Houston, TX

Currently using the Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero and would like to compare it to the Impact 2 

As always, take care. 

Brock

Fort Worth Tx

Have been using Odyssey Sabertooth, but switching back to an old Newport 2 this week

No. 2

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

Paul Sparks from Arlington, TN. I currently play the 2019 Tommy Armour Impact no. 3. It replaced a odyssey 2-ball I had played for nearly 20 years. It immediately and drastically improved my putting. I would love to test the new Impact no. 3 to see if newer is truly improvement in this case. 

Edited by RaidersReb
Typo

Driver-Epic Flash 9* (Hosel settings Draw with stated loft) Tensei Blue Stiff

3 Woos-Adams Blue standard stiff shaft

3&4 Hybrids-Adams Blue standard stiff shafts

Irons-Titleist AP1 (710) Dynamic Gold Stiff Shafts

Wedges-Scratch Golf (56* 60*) standard shafts

Putter-Odyssey 2Ball Heel Shafted (unknown weight of lead tape for better balance)

Ball-Bridgestone E12 Speed

Arthur

Bend, Oregon

Ping Pal

Test: #2 Wide

Have been using the Ping Pal since 1980. Tried other putters but keep going back to the Ping.  Ready to make a change!  I would like to try the #2 Wide but really open to any of the models. Opportunity appreciated

On 4/9/2021 at 9:30 AM, GolfSpy MPR said:

tommyarmour_impact_putters_std-02.jpg

When the Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 won the Most Wanted Mallet title in 2018, we all took notice.

When it did it again in 2019, we knew this putter was special. Since then, the Impact No. 3 has generated a bit of a cult-like following.

For 2021, the Tommy Armour Impact line includes revised No. 1 and No. 3 models and a new No. 2 wide. With that, we'd like to get some feedback from MyGolfSpy readers.

Interested in testing, reviewing, and keeping one of these putters? Reply (don't quote) below with:

• Name
  • Which Impact model you want to test

Jason

Jacksonville, Florida

Evnroll ER5

I'd like to test the #3

Jason Dutcher

Keith

Fairfax, VA

Bouncing between Odyssey White Hot RX 2-ball and Scotty Cameron Napa

I'd like to test the Number 1 but the Number 3 would be a more 1 to 1 comparison to the White Hot. 

• Golfspy_CG2 changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 Putters
  • Golfspy_CG2 locked this topic
  • Golfspy_CG2 unlocked this topic