TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Stack System Review and Progress Thread

dlow206

On 6/2/2022 at 5:51 PM, cnosil said:

If you look at trackman number, carry for 100MPH swing is about 247 with optimal conditions (which is around 250).   I played with the flightscope tool and was able to manipulate numbers to get 250 carry with 148 ball speed at sea level. 

According to stack the distance potential is established at 1,000 elevation, neutral launch, 90 degrees, 2019 Pro VIx, optimized fit for the golfer. It represents distance and carry.

i will say I’m in the jury is still out phase. Im a bit more than halfway through foundations. I haven’t seen much in the way of gains and am not sold on the lack of non dominant swings.

I’m most disappointed that I keep setting speed records in all the non counting categories. It’s not as yet making its way to driver speed in the workout or on the course. 

I like the ease and speed of the workouts though and was able to easily get a workout in on vacation last week. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

What a great program. I just finished my first foundation. And while there were moments where it was frustrating, the long term gains have been consistent which is all I really could hope for. I definitely noticed how much good sleep affected my speeds. 

I haven’t done the progress check, but based on how slow I swing the heavy weights I have a hunch it will be the ‘heavy hitter.’ I’m pretty light (115lbs) though so I feel like the clubs swing me above 200g. Anyone done that one?

220179C9-4F93-44B3-86DA-93A68F74E824.jpeg

94C15AD0-0115-4D86-A17C-75DF2898CDD6.jpeg

F89B31A8-B6C4-4E96-B044-4F4F4673EFAE.jpeg

:ping-small: g430 lst

:titleist-small: TS2 20* hybrid, New Level PF-2: P-7; 902: 6-5

:taylormade-small: hi-toe 51* and 57*

:mizuno-small: M Craft IV

@Andy - nice results!  Had you ever done any speed training before?  I've been doing SuperSpeed on and off for four years so I'm not expecting the same jump as others might experience but am hoping for some.  It hasn't come as yet but to me it looks as if yours came at about the place where I'm at in my foundation program currently.

For me I've learned that I'm faster in the afternoon/evening than the morning.  For most people it's the other way around.  I'm guess that its because I generally play in the late afternoon.  It's what my body is used to.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

58 minutes ago, revkev said:

@Andy - nice results!  Had you ever done any speed training before?  I've been doing SuperSpeed on and off for four years so I'm not expecting the same jump as others might experience but am hoping for some.  It hasn't come as yet but to me it looks as if yours came at about the place where I'm at in my foundation program currently.

Thanks, I am happy with the results. I’m sure you’ll start trending up soon. I definitely let the slow days get to me sometimes .

I actually started speed training using the super speed sticks and programming about 2 years ago. That said, I stopped following their program about a year in to have less volume, and also stopped swinging non-dominant. I have been pretty consistent though.

Honestly, I think that the day I had a ‘jump’ was an anomaly, and I debated adjusting it down because it may be a misread by my prgr.  The biggest change for me using this program over the other has been the progress of incremental gains across all of the weights. 

I added some more specific golf training to my normal fitness too, which I think is helping me along. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, great thread with some useful/motivational info. 

I’m nearing 50 years old and bodies getting a bit broken so I have shied away from speed training as there seems to be an increased chance of injuring myself.  
I had a knee (meniscus) and shoulder op’s from other sport injuries but never hurt my knees/joints with golf. 
I am going to the gym to help improve overall strength and flexibility (and help against injury) 
Last time on track man I was averaging around 106 club speed but always keen to improve that…

Do you think the structure around the stack program should help avoid injury? 

Thanks 

4 hours ago, stevekatalyst said:

Hello all, great thread with some useful/motivational info. 

I’m nearing 50 years old and bodies getting a bit broken so I have shied away from speed training as there seems to be an increased chance of injuring myself.  
I had a knee (meniscus) and shoulder op’s from other sport injuries but never hurt my knees/joints with golf. 
I am going to the gym to help improve overall strength and flexibility (and help against injury) 
Last time on track man I was averaging around 106 club speed but always keen to improve that…

Do you think the structure around the stack program should help avoid injury? 

Thanks 

Caution - I'm not a doctor so you're getting first hand but non medical advice.  If you are concerned about injury I'd highly recommend that you consult your physician before beginning any sort of workout program.

I've been doing overspeed training of some sort for the past 4 plus years.  I'm currently 65 which means I'm significantly older than you.  I played baseball until my junior year of college.  Mono took me out at that point - I try to work/go to school through it for too long and my spleen became enlarged - Dr. said no contact sports for a year (I was a catcher - hard to avoid contact.)  I switched over to golf at that point and have really never looked back (I played some softball after college but my baseball skill set, strong arm, a few feet of lateral quickness, didn't translate and frankly I found it boring.)

I certainly have had injuries, sprained ankles galore, tired arm, back, etc., but nothing that required surgery.  My body hurts like any 65 year old's might.  Overall I'm in pretty good shape and I'm competitive.  If you put a club in my hand and a speed monitor in front of it, I'm going to try and make every swing a personal best.  

I gained back and have retained 10 mph's of clubhead speed from using the SuperSpeed sticks.  But those workouts were very hard on my body.  I never injured myself but I was often sore all over the day after especially when I did the kneeling swings.  It's a great program but I really think it needs to be adapted based upon a users age and physical capabilities.

The stack does that or at least it claims to - I'm still early on in it so am very anxious to see what program it recommends next and how all of that unfolds.  My goal is to try and pick up another 5 mph.  I'm at 93-96 with the driver now - that would get me back over 100.  My average drive is 224 so another 5 should bring 10 to 12 yards more than enough distance to get back to lower single digits on the tees that I play from in club events.  

I would add that it is extremely important to warm up prior to over speed training. 

I hope this answer helps some - good luck and let us know what you decide.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

4 hours ago, revkev said:

Caution - I'm not a doctor so you're getting first hand but non medical advice.  If you are concerned about injury I'd highly recommend that you consult your physician before beginning any sort of workout program.

I've been doing overspeed training of some sort for the past 4 plus years.  I'm currently 65 which means I'm significantly older than you.  I played baseball until my junior year of college.  Mono took me out at that point - I try to work/go to school through it for too long and my spleen became enlarged - Dr. said no contact sports for a year (I was a catcher - hard to avoid contact.)  I switched over to golf at that point and have really never looked back (I played some softball after college but my baseball skill set, strong arm, a few feet of lateral quickness, didn't translate and frankly I found it boring.)

I certainly have had injuries, sprained ankles galore, tired arm, back, etc., but nothing that required surgery.  My body hurts like any 65 year old's might.  Overall I'm in pretty good shape and I'm competitive.  If you put a club in my hand and a speed monitor in front of it, I'm going to try and make every swing a personal best.  

I gained back and have retained 10 mph's of clubhead speed from using the SuperSpeed sticks.  But those workouts were very hard on my body.  I never injured myself but I was often sore all over the day after especially when I did the kneeling swings.  It's a great program but I really think it needs to be adapted based upon a users age and physical capabilities.

The stack does that or at least it claims to - I'm still early on in it so am very anxious to see what program it recommends next and how all of that unfolds.  My goal is to try and pick up another 5 mph.  I'm at 93-96 with the driver now - that would get me back over 100.  My average drive is 224 so another 5 should bring 10 to 12 yards more than enough distance to get back to lower single digits on the tees that I play from in club events.  

I would add that it is extremely important to warm up prior to over speed training. 

I hope this answer helps some - good luck and let us know what you decide.

Thanks so much… much appreciated 

Okay so I finished the foundation program as well as the first assessment this morning.  Not much gain but in an email to the Stack Sasho resonded by saying he would not have expected much given that I've been doing OverSpeed training for some time.  He told me that he would expect a jump about halfway through my second program.  The recommendation that the app came up with is "Full Speed Spectrum."  

I'm curious to hear what others have received as a recommendation and if you followed it or did something also.  Given that the founder himself has recommended that I follow what the program spits out I'm going to do just that.  Heading out for a vacation after the 4th.  The stack is way easier to travel with that SuperSpeed was and it does not require as much space - just about any hotel gym will work.  I'm going to take mine with.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

5 hours ago, revkev said:

Okay so I finished the foundation program as well as the first assessment this morning.  Not much gain but in an email to the Stack Sasho resonded by saying he would not have expected much given that I've been doing OverSpeed training for some time.  He told me that he would expect a jump about halfway through my second program.  The recommendation that the app came up with is "Full Speed Spectrum."  

I'm curious to hear what others have received as a recommendation and if you followed it or did something also.  Given that the founder himself has recommended that I follow what the program spits out I'm going to do just that.  Heading out for a vacation after the 4th.  The stack is way easier to travel with that SuperSpeed was and it does not require as much space - just about any hotel gym will work.  I'm going to take mine with.

Good luck on the next program!

Me, I’m basically on a hiatus from speed training until I can get this move behind me and get settled in at my next location.  I had ambitions of taking it with me and sticking with it, but it’s just not realistic to think I can do that while I’m road-tripping, in and out of hotels, etc.  I hope to maybe get in a primer workout here or there, but I’m basically resigning to start all over at the end of July with Foundations.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

8 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Good luck on the next program!

Me, I’m basically on a hiatus from speed training until I can get this move behind me and get settled in at my next location.  I had ambitions of taking it with me and sticking with it, but it’s just not realistic to think I can do that while I’m road-tripping, in and out of hotels, etc.  I hope to maybe get in a primer workout here or there, but I’m basically resigning to start all over at the end of July with Foundations.

Best wishes on your travels and your move. (When I first read “move” I thought you meant, swing change) 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

What’s up everyone! I’m still n deployment, but I’m close to being done and I’m excited about getting back after my speed training. It’s good to see so many people Stackin’! I’m excited to make more swing speed gainzzzz later this summer!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

4 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

What’s up everyone! I’m still n deployment, but I’m close to being done and I’m excited about getting back after my speed training. It’s good to see so many people Stackin’! I’m excited to make more swing speed gainzzzz later this summer!

As always thank you for your service, sir! 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

12 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

You and ol' Matty Fitz got me out here wanting to try it

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I'm thinking it's too expensive at the moment as I have my Rapsodo and that's not on the stack list of compatible devices, I've watched utube video showing how the system works so I'm going to have to build something like it my self. My plan is to build 3 weighted clubs at 200-350-500 grams and do a routine of 8 swings of rhythm speed and fast as possible with rest in between using each weight on Mon weds Friday and see how much I improve, I'm hoping Rapsodo will become compatible sooner rather than later.

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

4 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I'm thinking it's too expensive at the moment as I have my Rapsodo and that's not on the stack list of compatible devices, I've watched utube video showing how the system works so I'm going to have to build something like it my self. My plan is to build 3 weighted clubs at 200-350-500 grams and do a routine of 8 swings of rhythm speed and fast as possible with rest in between using each weight on Mon weds Friday and see how much I improve, I'm hoping Rapsodo will become compatible sooner rather than later.

Does the Rapsodo measure swing speed without ball contact?   If it does, it should work for any speed training system.  If it doesn’t, you won’t be able to use it for speed training.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

34 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Does the Rapsodo measure swing speed without ball contact?   If it does, it should work for any speed training system.  If it doesn’t, you won’t be able to use it for speed training.   

It does not - It won't be compatible with any system that doesn't include hitting shots - 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

10 hours ago, yungkory said:

You and ol' Matty Fitz got me out here wanting to try it

It's pricey, but it's worth it. Customer service is next level, too!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

8 hours ago, cnosil said:

No ball contact no reading...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

1 hour ago, Vancity_Golf said:

Looking at getting into the Speed training game and just wanted to get some opinions on the Stack System vs the Rypstick before I commit to one.

Anyone have any experience with both? Just want to know the pros/cons (hardware, protocols, software)

I looked at the speed training systems and as I've got Rapsodo launch monitor which cost $500 and doesn't read your swing without hitting the ball I've decided to try something else, I made up the Rope as used by "Dr Kwon" and I'm hoping I get some benefits from that. Maybe Rapsodo will improve their app so it reads your swing, Rapsodo say they are looking at this but who knows. Good luck..

Interlude here - I don't see how Rapsodo (which I have and love) could measure SS with out ball flight - it operates on a doppler system, it needs ball flight.  For most overspeed training it is important to have some sort of measuring device because you are trying to train the speed governors out of your brain to maximize your body's ability - you can only do that by pushing yourself and it's hard to push yourself if you don't actually know how fast you are swinging.

I've been at this for nearly four years.  Long enough to know that I sometimes make max effort swings, think they are super fast only to find out that they weren't when I look at the radar.  I've also learned that certain techniques work better than others for reaching higher swing speeds and I have seen an impact on my speed and distance on the course.  

When I first started all of this my driver swing speed was 84 mph.  It's now between 93-96.  I'm trying like heck to get it closer to 98-100.  

Doesn't mean that you can't do training that will help your swing speed without a measuring device.  If you've never done any speed training before just warming up and then swinging your driver 10 times as fast as you can in the back yard every other day will help.  But you will not be maximizing your training without some sort of monitor - the cheapest new ones are $100.  

Okay end of interlude

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

7 hours ago, revkev said:

Interlude here - I don't see how Rapsodo (which I have and love) could measure SS with out ball flight - it operates on a doppler system, it needs ball flight.  

Yeah realized that but apparently there looking at another upgrade, trying to expand their market...

Was talking to a visitor to my golf club...

Edited by Bang60
Missed info

I’m traveling and I will say the stack is far better on the road than superspeed sticks were. The shorter shaft makes it very comfortable to swing all out in hotel workout centers. 

Nice to complete a workout that wasn’t in 100 plus heat index conditions. My energy was much better throughout. Fastest one yet - Not a huge jump but my last 3 workouts were tied for fastest, 1 below fastest and now fastest so a nice pattern is developing.

Also I hit driver well on Monday - drive on 9 was a summertime personal best - we loose at least 15 yards in the summer because of course conditions. 

I was very long relative to the guys whom I was playing with. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 1 month later...

After about a 2.5 month break I'm back stacking. I've found I've lost some speed but I suppose that was to be expected. I've never been very good at the step swings, for some reason they are much slower than they should be (bad timing? bad transition? not getting weight fully on left side?) but the difference between max swings and step swings has gotten even worse. Does anyone have any tips or swing feels? I feel like I'm missing out on a big part of the program by not getting the club to move faster with these than with regular swings. I have watched the videos in the app and on Sasho's Vimeo channel and didn't pick up anything that helped. 

11 hours ago, CTEagle said:

After about a 2.5 month break I'm back stacking. I've found I've lost some speed but I suppose that was to be expected. I've never been very good at the step swings, for some reason they are much slower than they should be (bad timing? bad transition? not getting weight fully on left side?) but the difference between max swings and step swings has gotten even worse. Does anyone have any tips or swing feels? I feel like I'm missing out on a big part of the program by not getting the club to move faster with these than with regular swings. I have watched the videos in the app and on Sasho's Vimeo channel and didn't pick up anything that helped. 

I would try reaching out to the stack team on this - they will more than likely have you produce a video of yourself doing a step swing and then send suggestions from there.  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

13 hours ago, CTEagle said:

Does anyone have any tips or swing feels? 

I've experienced the same thing but I am slowly improving.  

I do think that it's important to simply take a normal step where the stride puts you into something close to what your golf stance is.  For a long time I think I was making a much bigger stride than necessary and I think that results in a power-sapping lunge instead of more of a "stay-behind-the-ball" feel. I also struggled initially to really turn in the takeaway part, but that stretch between lower and upper body is important to really generate speed in those swings.

My two cents...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

13 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I've experienced the same thing but I am slowly improving.  

I do think that it's important to simply take a normal step where the stride puts you into something close to what your golf stance is.  For a long time I think I was making a much bigger stride than necessary and I think that results in a power-sapping lunge instead of more of a "stay-behind-the-ball" feel. I also struggled initially to really turn in the takeaway part, but that stretch between lower and upper body is important to really generate speed in those swings.

My two cents...

I've definitely had issues with over-stepping but feel like I've cleaned that up. My current theory is I'm not getting enough of a backswing/body turn. In the videos it looks like Sasho starts his step when he gets to around P3/P4 and finishes his backswing while stepping to get the stretch. I haven't recorded myself (appreciate the tip @revkev I'll see if I can set that up) but I think I'm probably stopping my backswing when I start stepping. Any tips on how to keep turning without having the left leg to brace with? Or should I wait longer to begin the step? 

5 hours ago, CTEagle said:

I've definitely had issues with over-stepping but feel like I've cleaned that up. My current theory is I'm not getting enough of a backswing/body turn. In the videos it looks like Sasho starts his step when he gets to around P3/P4 and finishes his backswing while stepping to get the stretch. I haven't recorded myself (appreciate the tip @revkev I'll see if I can set that up) but I think I'm probably stopping my backswing when I start stepping. Any tips on how to keep turning without having the left leg to brace with? Or should I wait longer to begin the step? 

It’s hard to say when we can’t see what you’re doing. If I’ve learned anything it’s that what you are feeling may not be the case. It’s helpful to see it or have someone else see it when things are going wrong.

IMO it’s harder to time up step swings. I think you will find greater variance in those speeds. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I think the system still needs to be configured and tested. It's much easier to just come to the gym, start training, and record your progress in a notebook. It's not difficult, right? And no technology is needed. And as for proper training and training programs, there is a lot of information on the Internet. Since we're talking about bodybuilding, I want to ask you about the effect of SARMs. I heard that Ostarin increases strength and muscle mass, and I'm considering buying it (on https://purerawz.co/product/ostarine-mk-2866/). Should I do it?

Edited by TellTheTruth1

• 1 month later...

I just finished my third program and since I haven’t seen anyone do the Heavy Hitter yet, I figured I could be patient 0. I chose HH even though it was third on the list because the results after the Full Speed Spectrum revealed my embarrassing inability to swing anything over 200g. Granted, It’s probably no wonder because I’m a child size person that weighs maybe 125 lbs.  Anyway, Sasho told me it was worth it to try HH to add force, and here I am. 

As you might expect, the meat of the program involved swinging 220-255g and then finishing with 195. In the 4th phase, it added lighter weights back in. Overall, I left feeling like I moved everything faster, and while I didn’t gain driver speed on the retest I hit 120 more times out of 10. 

In the end, I still struggle with heavier weights, but because the app recommended FSS next, I’m going with it. I’m still very excited to see things trending up. So far I haven’t waned in motivation since starting…but here in New Jersey, winter is long, so we’ll see. Hopefully others on here are still going at it to keep up the psych through the upcoming dark times. 

47E3658F-C09B-4B50-957F-52F159A95997.jpeg

DC244CFE-8352-4BF3-AA93-AB5DC61A9370.jpeg

F9196D92-B42B-45DE-ABD0-FD1F54ADF9F1.jpeg