TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Stack System Review and Progress Thread

dlow206

8 hours ago, Garbox80 said:

From what I've understood, jumbo grips could help players suffering from arthritis etc. Have you guys tried those? 

I really don't have pain hitting balls. Just doing speed training.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Trackman reports are in and I also found some older data from another e-mail account.

Nov 2020 CHS: 91.3mph
May 2021 CHS : 94.7mph
June 2021 CHS: 91mph
July 2021 CHS: 93mph
Nov 2021 CHS: 95.3mph
Apr 2022  CHS: 89.1mph - This is the month I was playing my best golf ever. My lowest scores.
May 2022 CHS: 90.2mph
Mar 2023 (one week after starting Stack) CHS: 95mph
May 2023 (after finishing first Stack program) CHS: 93mph

In short - I've lost speed. 

So while this may work for some people (I imagine the better players) I am not disputing that, it certainly hasn't for me. It has been a very costly experience in many ways. It cost me a decent bit of money, and it's also cost me whatever game I did have. I've now lost so much confidence on the course that the strong areas of my game are starting to erode away also. What a bitterly disappointing experience.

I'll be selling The Stack and a PRGR very shortly so I can an attempt to rediscover my confidence and ball striking and my love for the game before I end up throwing the towel in for good.

Edited by MIHIGO26

Workout 14 of Foundation complete.

IMG_0225.png

IMG_0227.png

IMG_0226.png

Tour Edge C723 8.0 MCA Tensei AV Blue Xlink 65S

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Tour Edge E723 21 degree MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid Fujikura Fuel 85g Stiff

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

Update: 

Still been keeping up with the new Neural program and seeing some progress or numbers close to what I was seeing at my peaks of Full Speed Spectrum program. 

As many have also shared on their journey, I started to have some tempo issues, less than desired launch characteristics, and combining with some swing tweaks it has been some less than desired results. 

This past weekend was my first real test as I have only gotten in 27 holes so far with the odd weather in Michigan. Had 27 Holes Friday and 36 holes Saturday on an annual guys trip in some rain, heavy fog, cold, and crazy wind. I laid off the gym and took a few days off Stack to recover. 

Leading up to this weekend I did two full sessions just solely on tempo on gate swings. Under some guidance of Trackman I changed some loft/weighting on driver to match up with new shaft for better desired launch. Also started finding myself taking swings on the course like I was in the garage ripping max swings. Working on finding a sweet spot tempo wise. 

Happy to report I hit some absolute bombs in some really sub-optimal weather conditions. Setup and alignment could still use some love but hit a bunch of fairways and on Friday I even hit two greens that the card had at 334 and 339 in 50 degrees, mist rain, and fog. 

I myself have been up and down on feelings but just like anything with mechanics, launch, weight trainings, and now speed training, it will take time to make "real" changes. Those can also negatively effect other things such as launch, timing, etc. that can negate the speed increases until those are addressed. Hope everyone is stacking gains! 

MP 18 - Stealth Plus - M Craft 1

Session 15 of Foundation complete. 

IMG_0231.png

IMG_0228.png

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

Session 16 completed:

A couple of personal bests then I ran out of gas.

IMG_0232.png

IMG_0233.png

IMG_0234.png

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

Played in a member guest event at the weekend there. Still slowly chipping away at the rust in the game (haven't been playing much yet).

Had a couple of standout moments though... Downwind & firm fairways, but a couple of drives I hit went 355 and 360 yards 😲. Was pin high on a 362 par 4 and then had a flick with lob wedge to the other. Pretty decent downwind but was 30 yards by playing partners and won the long drive prize  - cheers Sasho! 😂

For context, prior to swing, gym and stacking I was sitting around 100mph.

I'm still fighting the swing and have been slacking with the gym and stack, so I'm hopeful there's more in the tank.

Edited by Feynman22

Completed my Progress Check after finishing the Foundation workout program.  

Below are my results from the initial baseline and from my progress check.  

Gained 8 MPH with driver after the Foundation program and increased my eSpeed by 12 MPH.

Will start the recommended Full Speed Spectrum program in a few days.

IMG_0182.png

IMG_0250.png

IMG_0251.png

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

2nd workout of the Full Speed Spectrum program completed.

Switching between Full and Max intent swings seems to be confusing me a bit with some slower speeds than what I was seeing at the end of the Foundation Program.

IMG_0254.png

IMG_0255.png

IMG_0256.png

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

On 6/11/2023 at 5:16 PM, TigerHoods said:

Here are my results after a few weeks with the Stack. Some noticeable early gains (which could be from just getting used to the stick), but I haven’t broken through beyond that. Anyone else experience similar results?

IMG_6451.jpeg

Those are big gains. I experienced something similar and then out of the blue 10 or so sessions later from initial jump I bumped up a few more and that was my new floor and so on. 

On 6/11/2023 at 10:16 PM, TigerHoods said:

Here are my results after a few weeks with the Stack. Some noticeable early gains (which could be from just getting used to the stick), but I haven’t broken through beyond that. Anyone else experience similar results?

IMG_6451.jpeg

I had almost ridiculous results in the first few months, went from 90 in the foundation program to 104 after my second program (full speed spectrum)

Piked up over 50 yards in total distance with driver and am thoroughly enjoying golf this summer, finding it a lot easier hitting lob wedge in to greens instead of 6 irons!

Peaked at 116 but struggling to find time to continue the training with such a busy playing schedule, will need to address this for next summer  

11 hours ago, MrKSTOKES said:

I had almost ridiculous results in the first few months, went from 90 in the foundation program to 104 after my second program (full speed spectrum)

Piked up over 50 yards in total distance with driver and am thoroughly enjoying golf this summer, finding it a lot easier hitting lob wedge in to greens instead of 6 irons!

Peaked at 116 but struggling to find time to continue the training with such a busy playing schedule, will need to address this for next summer  

Amazing - different game that is.

I've been slack on my stack of late - very hot weather, actually finding more time to play and don't want to disrupt my swing when playing.

Haven't written that I have not experienced any sort of distance regression despite not doing a training session in over a month!  That's very different from when I was using a different speed training method.  The gains that I experienced through stack seem to be locked in.  Couple those with being allowed to move up a set of tees in my league and I'm having the full "wow is this game easier when I'm hitting wedges into these greens and chipping or putting on my third shot on half the par 5's experience, too."

It makes a huge difference - like cruising around 75 instead of struggling to break 80 difference.  

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

13 hours ago, revkev said:

I've been slack on my stack of late - very hot weather, actually finding more time to play and don't want to disrupt my swing when playing.

Haven't written that I have not experienced any sort of distance regression despite not doing a training session in over a month!  That's very different from when I was using a different speed training method.  The gains that I experienced through stack seem to be locked in.  Couple those with being allowed to move up a set of tees in my league and I'm having the full "wow is this game easier when I'm hitting wedges into these greens and chipping or putting on my third shot on half the par 5's experience, too."

It makes a huge difference - like cruising around 75 instead of struggling to break 80 difference.  

That’s good to hear. What is your on course speed gain from stack?

6 hours ago, Mediocre Golfer said:

Stock 7 iron has gone from 150 carry to 165 and have an extra gear now that never had before so can get it out to mid 170's if needed.

On course driver has gone from 225 to 265 carry for "gamer" speed, can get it out to 275-285 if needed on particularly long holes or inviting par 5's.

Been a complete game changer for me, will 100% be going again this winter for 2-3 more programs

8 hours ago, Mediocre Golfer said:

I don’t have a way of measuring on course swing speed without taking a PLM out, setting it up and holding up play. Our courses are always crowded, that’s not going to fly.

On the range I’ve gained 3-4 mph in ball speed and on the course 8 yards according to my measuring device - with driver. Half a club with irons. The distance relative to guys whom I normally play with is noticeable to the point that they are commenting on it. 

And while we are having a dry spring it’s still spring in Florida. This is not max distance time by any stretch.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Thanks for the info. I just started on stack and my starting speed is so much lower than everyone else here (31 percentile according to the app). I lost a lot of speed after a shoulder injury many years ago. Now although I’m healthy, I just can’t generate speed. I’m hoping stack can bring some of it back. 

24 minutes ago, Mediocre Golfer said:

Thanks for the info. I just started on stack and my starting speed is so much lower than everyone else here (31 percentile according to the app). I lost a lot of speed after a shoulder injury many years ago. Now although I’m healthy, I just can’t generate speed. I’m hoping stack can bring some of it back. 

The biggest change for me was incorporating Tour Tempo app.

as someone who always tended to play “swing” instead of just letting it go, the better tempo really freed me up and then as I went through the programs the speed just kept going up and up 

11 minutes ago, MrKSTOKES said:

as someone who always tended to play “swing” instead of just letting it go, the better tempo really freed me up and then as I went through the programs the speed just kept going up and up 

I would agree. I definitely added some horsepower as well and a few things got out of whack. Been working on a few things like Tempo sessions, if I am slowly working on something technical that will be on its own, and throw in some speed sessions at the end with a ball. Tempo really helps free the mind though and has produced some of the best ball striking (that was brand new for me this year.) 

22 minutes ago, MrKSTOKES said:

I’m curious about this! I had success focusing on tempo earlier and lost track of it recently and now I’ve been plateaued for quite a long time (4-5 programs, sadly).

Do you use both apps simultaneously or have you just internalized the beats? Also, have you had to change the ratios as you’ve gotten faster?

:ping-small: g430 lst

:titleist-small: TS2 20* hybrid, New Level PF-2: P-7; 902: 6-5

:taylormade-small: hi-toe 51* and 57*

:mizuno-small: M Craft IV

50 minutes ago, Mediocre Golfer said:

Just be patient with it.  It won't happen overnight, and there are ups, downs, and plateaus - its not linear- but I had my hip replaced and am on my second program and the trend line continues to point up

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

6 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Just be patient with it.  It won't happen overnight, and there are ups, downs, and plateaus - its not linear- but I had my hip replaced and am on my second program and the trend line continues to point up

Thanks. I’m impatient by nature but I’ll try. 😀

Finished my 4th workout of the Full Speed Spectrum program today.

First time doing the step swings and was a bit awkward at first.

My last two swings with the 195 gram weights were my best ever at 101 MPH.

IMG_0259.png

IMG_0260.png

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

Has anyone had to tweak equipment because of their speed gains? 

I moved to a Titleist TSR from Ping as I started working on speed, but Im still rocking a stiff Hzrdus shaft which I like, but swinging in the 113-115 range on course. Think it might be time to try a few X stiff options to see if better for spin, dispersion etc.

Have found the S+ or X stiff in iron shafts in recent testing has felt good. About to put some KBS $ tapers into an old set of Legacy Blacks (the Stenson irons) 😍

3 hours ago, Hoyoymac said:

Finished my 4th workout of the Full Speed Spectrum program today.

First time doing the step swings and was a bit awkward at first.

My last two swings with the 195 gram weights were my best ever at 101 MPH.

IMG_0259.png

IMG_0260.png

Congrats on the progress! You may have said this during one of your early posts, but what was your speed gain in your original foundation training?

@Mediocre Golfer Here is the baseline and progress check for the Foundation program.

IMG_0261.png.45c7b6202f1b4ca96df4d9accb48d38c.png

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

14 hours ago, Feynman22 said:

Has anyone had to tweak equipment because of their speed gains? 

I moved to a Titleist TSR from Ping as I started working on speed, but Im still rocking a stiff Hzrdus shaft which I like, but swinging in the 113-115 range on course. Think it might be time to try a few X stiff options to see if better for spin, dispersion etc.

Have found the S+ or X stiff in iron shafts in recent testing has felt good. About to put some KBS $ tapers into an old set of Legacy Blacks (the Stenson irons) 😍

Yep, had to get an entire new bag (had to 😜) went for a serious upgrade in Driver to new Ventus blue 6x shaft and it's so stable in comparison to old shafts.

Had to upgrade irons as well as everything was spinning too much with increased speed

21 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

100% agree, the plateaus can be frustrating but you'll find on some nights when you're feeling great and expecting PB's the results aren't there, whilst on nights you may be feeling tired the speed suddenly jumps up 🤷‍♂️. As always the key is consistency, if you can't fit in a session try at least to get a speed primer session in, only takes 7 minutes but stops progress stalling.