The Stack System Review and Progress Thread

3 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Are all the swings normal style full swings? One-side or both-sides like Superspeed?

All normal! Pretty sure there's no opposite hand swings with The Stack. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 💎💎💎 9º | Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S
:callaway-small: Epic Speed 3W 15º | Fujikura Ventus Red 7S
:callaway-small: Apex 21 3H 19º | Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 8S
:srixon-small: Z785 4-AW | Project X LS 6.0
:edel-golf-1: SMS 54
º T and 60º T | Project X LS 6.0
:EVNROLL: ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sasho MacKenzie recently released a speed training system that is called the Stack System. It includes a single stick with changeable weights and an AI + app driven set of training programs. Mine just

Looks like mine will arrive tomorrow! I’m going to get started next week and I’m planning on documenting everything in this thread. I’ll also post pics of the trainer so everyone can get an idea of th

Just had MRI today. It's not pretty. 3 bulging disks and bone spurs...

Posted Images

Mine just came today. Trying to figure out what day this week i will do my baseline assessment. 

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

Awesome customer service so far. I had a question about optimal placement of the radar because i had issues in the past with other sticks and the radar. I submitted the question on the website and Sasho himself literally emailed me back in 5 minutes with an answer. 

• Like 2

Updated 4/27/2021

Foundation day 2! Another session post workout out of necessity, but I felt like I made some good swings. Getting one of my regular grips put on The Stack this weekend.

782A1EEE-06EC-495D-97CC-09DCB97BD927.jpeg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Mine's just arrived. Impressed to have gotten a handwritten, personalized thank you from Sasho with the order receipt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That's awesome! I DM'd him on Twitter about something else the other day and he got back to me really fast. Need some of you to knock out your baselines now!

• Like 1

Did the baseline today. In the past, I have always had issues with swing speed readings with the various radars. Maybe I am not positioning them correctly or maybe i swing slower/differently without a ball. I don't know. I do know my swing speed with a ball is higher than what I get with readings on the radar. The radar is consistent though for me from a relative perspective, so I will try not to focus on what the numbers are, but rather what do the trend in numbers look like over time. 

Also, the workout duration and rest numbers aren't correct due to user error. I was getting a feel for the app, and when to click various buttons, etc., so it actually took longer than what is stated below. 

image.png.3450b55cb25d648ac38b58cb7dd9e2e7.png

• Like 2

Updated 4/27/2021

Had a midsize MCC Plus4 put on mine today and I’m knocking out my Foundation session shortly. Kind of interested to see the variation in the weights from workout to workout.

I won’t be able to do any sessions next week, but I’ll get back on it the following week!

Foundation day 3 results. My slowest session yet, but it’s all good!

9F961A20-A1AF-4B4B-B35C-C198D4E21239.jpeg

Surprise, surprise, I check my email this morning and have a delivery notification 2 days ahead of schedule. Pop my head out the window and see the stack has arrived just in time for a speed session at home over the lunch hour. 

stack1.jpg.be2bd4a4f7ece9402eea73288e61b476.jpg

Quickly get the stack registered and work through the app menus to familiarize myself. It quickly becomes apparent that this app is extremely polished, unlike most where you have to swipe through 4-5 screens of instructions before accessing the main menu. I love that there are relevant videos positioned as you click through to the programs which you can watch or skip permanently. 

On to the interface itself:
The rest timing between sets and reps along with the ability to have it call out remaining remaining rest time puts this thing light years ahead of other systems becuase throughout the routine I wanted to get reps in faster. I was making lunch in the other room on the 2-3 minute rests between sets and the audible tones have you ready to swing as soon as rest between reps is up. I needed to speak louder than anticipated for it to log the swing speeds, but that is a minor complaint to not have to touch your phone repeatedly for data entry. 

Yesterday I decided to dig up a free sample workout from the Fit for Golf offseason program. I was still feeling some muscle soreness today, even after following the 15 minute warm-up protocol in the Stack app. I logged these comments in the app along with health ratings - again, more attention to detail. 

I plan on doing this warmup for every session and have already used it before rounds of golf and snowboarding when it was posted on the website. EXCEPT to test the impacts of full warm ups on speed... I plan on doing my "late for tee time" warmup of 10-20 swings with the orange whip before 1 session during the Foundations program and see what kind of CHS differences there are. 

Baseline Session: 

I find it very interesting that my eSpeed as well as @dlow206 was well below our Driver speeds during baselining while @mr.hicksta was within 1 MPH. My early guess is this ties into lower speed output on some of the higher weights. I was thrilled to be topping out at 108 MPH which is around an all time personal best for me. My biggest challenge was to truly simulate a "full" swing matching the effort on course as per the instructional video. The speeds I saw here made me feel that I have significant room for improvement on course by not tightening up and trying to steer the ball or trying to "hit" at it with poor tempo. Trying to match a 1 arm swing effort to an on-course swing was a bit of crapshoot as it seemed much easier to turn farther and get more wrist set. 

stack2.png.184d2a77fe400349fe239dac6d479119.png

Hardware:

All the components look good, shaft seems firm, grip could be better, and weights have nice fit and finish along with the carrying case. I like it is shorter than a standard length driver which makes it easier to carry and use in smaller spaces indoors. My only suggestion for improvement thus far: the threads should stop 1/4" from the end of the adapter.  It would be extremely easy to cross-thread the yellow tip onto the shaft, especially with the number of weight changes. This would likely required the threaded rod to be extended, but far from a deal breaker. An unthreaded portion allows you to slide the cap on, rotate counter clockwise until the threads engage like on a sparkplug and then tighten down. It is a pain in the butt to place the cap perfectly straight on the threaded end and twist it on in perfect alignment. I also dropped the cap on the floor 3 or 4 times because it falls as soon as the threads disengage which is a PITA. An unthreaded section would allow the cap to sit in place after the last thread. I would be super frustrated if I blew the threads and rendered the product useless after spending $450 on it. 

Overall:

Already glad I made this purchase even with the high price, the level of polish of the hardware and especially the software (it shows pictures of the actual weight discs between sets) is above most competitors. The swing analysis aspect of Rypstick is a huge bonus, but with the video content embedded into the routines and timing; the Stack is very close to having personalized coaching. I am very interested to see "grit" scores and any other tricks to help keep me engaged (push notifications with workout reminders are engaged!). These early results have me believing that 110 MPH cruising speed should be achievable this year. 

Unrelated:

The Fit for Golf exercise routines are no joke, it's been a long time since I've superset squats and chin ups which I was feeling today even after the 15 minute Stack warmup. The FFG mobility work is great for disassociating upper and lower body which is a weakness for me... I think a subscription is in my near future as having all the routines made for you is a nice benefit and the structured mobility work warms you up leading into speed and strength work. I've suffered greatly with initiative to work out at home since the gyms closed on lockdowns. The Stack is going to be a great step in turning that around and I am tempted to take the plunge on FFG to fully commit as there doesn't seem to be much end in sight for the next few months. 

• Like 3

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/4H

:ping-small: G700 4i, G410 6-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:EVNROLL: ER2.2

I submitted a question just to see if they had seen anyone else like me where there speeds are 15 plus MPH lower than their driver speeds with a ball. (same issue I have had with Superspeed sticks, its not really that important of an issue, but can just mentally affect your morale). Sasho actually just gave me a call right now and talked to him on the phone for 10 minutes going through my numbers and talking through the issue. That was really cool and amazing customer service. 

• Like 2

Updated 4/27/2021

That is impressive customer service for sure. Did that get sorted out and what did Sasho have to tell you about it?

I submitted a question just to see if they had seen anyone else like me where there speeds are 15 plus MPH lower than their driver speeds with a ball. (same issue I have had with Superspeed sticks, its not really that important of an issue, but can just mentally affect your morale). Sasho actually just gave me a call right now and talked to him on the phone for 10 minutes going through my numbers and talking through the issue. That was really cool and amazing customer service. 

2 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

That is impressive customer service for sure. Did that get sorted out and what did Sasho have to tell you about it?

He gave some tips on how to setup the radar and asked some other questions to make sure I input all of the right parameters such as my driver length. He mentioned that he would consider me an edge case given the discrepancies between my speed with the Stack vs. actual driver, but that that discrepancies wouldn't have any impact on my training besides the Distance potential not being reflective. 

• Like 2

Updated 4/27/2021

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

He gave some tips on how to setup the radar and asked some other questions to make sure I input all of the right parameters such as my driver length. He mentioned that he would consider me an edge case given the discrepancies between my speed with the Stack vs. actual driver, but that that discrepancies wouldn't have any impact on my training besides the Distance potential not being reflective. 

Your a unicorn!

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34") Soon to be testing TAIII Impact #2 Putter

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

14 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Did he say where the distance potential is calculated from?

I swore during my baseline session my 282 yard potential came up after my 108 MPH driver swing which is a 2.6 multiplier of CHS and is a common number thrown around for max carry. But your numbers don't line up with that. In the app is does mention distance potential includes rollout on moderate-firm conditions, at 1000 ft elevation and 90 degrees with Prov1X balls. 

I'm glad I play at 3000+ ft of elevation because it never hits 90 here LOL. 

5 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Did he say where the distance potential is calculated from?

I swore during my baseline session my 282 yard potential came up after my 108 MPH driver swing which is a 2.6 multiplier of CHS and is a common number thrown around for max carry. But your numbers don't line up with that. In the app is does mention distance potential includes rollout on moderate-firm conditions, at 1000 ft elevation and 90 degrees with Prov1X balls. 

I'm glad I play at 3000+ ft of elevation because it never hits 90 here LOL. 

We didn't talk about distance potential specifically, but did talk a little bit about the "eSpeed". 

What was your eSpeed for that 282 potential? Was it that 108?

Updated 4/27/2021

So here are my stats after session 2. I am not sure how much of the speed gain is actual speed gain vs. me just learning how to better swing the sticks. I've always found it challenging to maximize swing speeds without a ball. With a speed stick, i guess my body is trying to swing as fast as possible through the full duration of the downswing whereas with a real ball and real club, my body is trying to maximize speed and release through the ball. 

image.png.9ca808dbb12ebc751b7032a654949d4e.png

Updated 4/27/2021

6 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

We didn't talk about distance potential specifically, but did talk a little bit about the "eSpeed". 

What was your eSpeed for that 282 potential? Was it that 108?

101 eSpeed. 108 was my fastest driver swing during baseline session and I thought I saw the distance potential update on the screen at that time. 

2 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

101 eSpeed. 108 was my fastest driver swing during baseline session and I thought I saw the distance potential update on the screen at that time. 

Distance potential is calculated based on eSpeed, i do know that part. And eSpeed is always calculated based off "Stack Speed" which is the swings with the 195 gram configuration. Since the Stack stick is not quite as along as a full driver, the "Stack Speed" is multiplied times some sort of multiplier that considers the driver length you input to get to eSpeed. I think the "Stack Speed" is also using the median of the 195 gram swings (vs. mean). 

Updated 4/27/2021