TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Stack System Review and Progress Thread

dlow206

Long time MyGolfSpy reader — first time forum poster

I was given the recommendation for this Stack thingy from a golfing buddy as well as my trainer that has been helping me with some back/psoas issues for a year or two. My job requires me to stand and look down for long periods of time and it started to take a toll on my posture and subsequently had a need for some PT for the past year. Its worked remarkably and would recommend a trainer and working on good posture for anyone in their 40s. 

So i finally bought this thing and will get to work. I have played golf basically since I was 5-6 years old on and off (didn’t play much in college or grad school and basically didn’t play at all from age 24-34 due to work responsibilities).. Got the wife, kids, house and yard work to sometimes get in the way, but starting to see some reprieve in this arena and want to focus on golf quite a bit more.. 

Needless to say I feel like I have a long way to go.. Have always been a good ball striker and make most of my beer money with the putter, but never been particularly long compared to my golfing buddies (in highschool or now).. The question I have about this thing is about the rate of progress. Does one expect the rate of progress to be quite high in the beginning and then tapering off? Can you expect maybe 5% or 10% increase.. Or is it just all over the place.. 

For reference, here are the results from my first session of the “foundation” 

stack speed - 101

Driver eSpeed - 111

Grit score (not sure what this means) - 97%

Would it be unreasonable to hope for 5-10 mph in actual driver head speed?

Thanks in advance for any replies

-KM

I was given the recommendation for this Stack thingy from a golfing buddy as well as my trainer that has been helping me with some back/psoas issues for a year or two. My job requires me to stand and look down for long periods of time and it started to take a toll on my posture and subsequently had a need for some PT for the past year. Its worked remarkably and would recommend a trainer and working on good posture for anyone in their 40s. 

So i finally bought this thing and will get to work. I have played golf basically since I was 5-6 years old on and off (didn’t play much in college or grad school and basically didn’t play at all from age 24-34 due to work responsibilities).. Got the wife, kids, house and yard work to sometimes get in the way, but starting to see some reprieve in this arena and want to focus on golf quite a bit more.. 

Needless to say I feel like I have a long way to go.. Have always been a good ball striker and make most of my beer money with the putter, but never been particularly long compared to my golfing buddies (in highschool or now).. The question I have about this thing is about the rate of progress. Does one expect the rate of progress to be quite high in the beginning and then tapering off? Can you expect maybe 5% or 10% increase.. Or is it just all over the place.. 

stack speed - 101

Driver eSpeed - 111

-KM

Spoiler
Spoiler

@kjmtthws I have been using the Stack System for almost a year now. With a few months off at the end of last year due to recovery from an injury.

My swing speed increased 8 MPH after the Foundation Program which happened in the first 7 weeks. That was an 8% increase.

After the second program, the Full Speed Spectrum, I gained another 4 MPH in 8 weeks. Which was just under 4%.

About to complete my 3rd program, another round of the Full Speed Spectrum, and despite the injury and recovery period, my swing speed has been steady and starting to see some gains again.

The Grit Score is a measurement of how closely you are sticking to the program.  The closer to 100% the more likely you are to see gains.  

The Grit Score is very helpful to coaches to get a quick read of how their students are doing with the program.

My gains ave been more like a stair step and not a straight line.  Sometimes there will be a setback or a plateau reached and then I will break through to a new level of performance.

Good luck with your program. I’m confident that if you stick with it you will see swing speed gains using the Stack System.

It transfers to the course too.  My friends have all commented on how much further I’m hitting the ball now.

Tour Edge C723 8.0 MCA Tensei AV Blue Xlink 65S

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Tour Edge E723 21 degree MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid Fujikura Fuel 85g Stiff

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

Felt kind of slow today, just couldn’t get up to some of my recent highs.

IMG_0642.png.87dd0f2433c2bae436707921622b11ed.png

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

11 hours ago, Hoyoymac said:

Felt kind of slow today, just couldn’t get up to some of my recent highs.

Hate those days where you just dont "feel it".

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

23 hours ago, kjmtthws said:

stack speed - 101

Driver eSpeed - 111

-KM

stack speed - 101

Driver eSpeed - 111

-KM

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Id say 5-10mph is exactly what you can expect on average from the first program.  I went from 95 or out of my shoes 98, to probably cruising at 100 and easily getting to 105 without feeliing like im coming out of my shoes.

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

I am 9 sessions into the foundation program and have already seen results. I started out around 103-105 normal playing swing speed. Today at my lesson I was cruising at 109-110 and didnt feel any different. I love the app and how simple it is. Cannot wait to get out to the greens and use stack putting, I have heard incredible things about that as well. 

:ping-small: G400 Max, 9°, hzrdus smoke black

:ping-small: G425 Max 5W, Stock Stiff

:ping-small: G425 4H, Stock Stiff

:taylormade-small: M4 5H, Stock Stiff

:ping-small: i210 5-PW, Blue Dot, Stock Stiff

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°, 54°, 60°

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Kushin C

:taylormade-small: TP5x Pix

I've been going pretty hard at the The Stack recently after listening to several different podcasts with Sasho. My motivation waned quite a bit over winter, but with the weather turning and a little bit of progress in the past month or so I've been focused on not missing workouts and putting in the work.

I think last night either equals or bests my personal record from last winter. 

stack.jpg.973638df2899e8032b5f4ccdc3e6847b.jpg

I have this (probably stupid) goal of a 100 MPH 8 iron by the start of the 2025 golf season. If I could keep things linear, I believe that would transfer to about 125 MPH with the driver.

To be clear, I'm a long, long ways from that at the moment but it's something to shoot for. Last year I hit 99 MPH on Trackman with a 6 iron so even if I got back to that speed I'd still need about 5 more MPH before I hit my goal.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

4 hours ago, edingc said:

I've been going pretty hard at the The Stack recently after listening to several different podcasts with Sasho. My motivation waned quite a bit over winter, but with the weather turning and a little bit of progress in the past month or so I've been focused on not missing workouts and putting in the work.

I think last night either equals or bests my personal record from last winter. 

stack.jpg.973638df2899e8032b5f4ccdc3e6847b.jpg

I have this (probably stupid) goal of a 100 MPH 8 iron by the start of the 2025 golf season. If I could keep things linear, I believe that would transfer to about 125 MPH with the driver.

To be clear, I'm a long, long ways from that at the moment but it's something to shoot for. Last year I hit 99 MPH on Trackman with a 6 iron so even if I got back to that speed I'd still need about 5 more MPH before I hit my goal.

Damn Cody, nice work!  I am about to post my latest in my swing thread, but suffice it to say you’re out in front of me.  Thanks for that motivation!!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

45 minutes ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

Damn Cody, nice work!  I am about to post my latest in my swing thread, but suffice it to say you’re out in front of me.  Thanks for that motivation!!

Thanks! It's been a relief to see my speed come back. When I started after the New Year I was down around 100 or lower with 195 grams. 

I actually think taking the time off was good for me as a mental reset, but I'm really enjoying the Cruiser program and the flexibility it provides. Once the range is open more often than it is closed (hopefully another two weeks), I'm planning on getting back onto a program.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

28 minutes ago, edingc said:

Thanks! It's been a relief to see my speed come back. When I started after the New Year I was down around 100 or lower with 195 grams. 

I actually think taking the time off was good for me as a mental reset, but I'm really enjoying the Cruiser program and the flexibility it provides. Once the range is open more often than it is closed (hopefully another two weeks), I'm planning on getting back onto a program.

More of what I’ll post in my thread, but I absolutely agree…I’m slowly learning how much rest and recovery is really really important.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

I'm getting back to a regular rhythm with my Stack workouts. Winter returned here the past couple of weeks, so I haven't been back in the garage to work on the transfer of my speed to the driver. But because winter returns, the opening of our course is at least a month away, so I still have time (and this will be an ongoing project through the summer). The goal is to close the 100-yard gap between my Stack distance potential and my Arccos on-course distance:

image.pngimage.png

My goal: get comfy swinging driver on course very near 110mph. Physically, I know (from the Stack) that I'm capable of it. Right now, I'm doing a combination of:

• Weight training
  • Stack
  • Driver swings, no ball (measuring speed with Mevo+)
  • Driver swings, with ball (measuring club speed and ball speed with Mevo+)

My ambition for the season is to get my driver ball speed in mph to a number higher than my weight in lbs. That means I need to drop about 10lbs and gain about 10mph, so that the number crosses over somewhere in the low 160s.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Did my 24th and final session of my second go around with the full speed spectrum program today.

Like @GolfSpy MPRI’d like to close the gap between my speed and my Arccos Smart Distance.  My gap is not quite as large as his. My peak Driver eSpeed is 111 MPH and my Distance potential is 312 yards but my Arccos Smart Distance with Driver is hovering right around 250 yards.

Hoping my new TPT Golf 18 LO driver shaft will help me get there when it arrives soon.

Here’s today’s session:EA82C012-6B50-4F8F-8B9A-81A55680A6E2.jpeg.b1049d99eb555e17e6e214aad71246c7.jpeg 

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4