TESTERS WANTED! ×

Need a Very Heavy Putter

JohnBarry

I am looking for a very heavy blade putter. Now I know I could find a used "Heavy Putter" but are there other out there that have weight sets or are very much heavier than the standard blades out there?

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Heavy head or heavy total weight? And what do you consider heavy? Best option outside of a heavy putter would be to find a belly or long putter and cut it down. Maybe odyssey tank putter?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

How heavy?

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

8 hours ago, JohnBarry said:

I am looking for a very heavy blade putter. Now I know I could find a used "Heavy Putter" but are there other out there that have weight sets or are very much heavier than the standard blades out there?

Yes, what do you mean by "heavy"?  

Most blade putters have head weights around 340-350g.  That was too light for me.  I actually played a "Heavy Putter" blade for several years and enjoyed it.  The extra weight straightened out my backswing and produced a much better tempo.  But... it's... heavy!  and it lacked feel.   I was looking for putters with head weights around 400 grams and most are mallets, and the weight is offset with a counterbalance or long shaft.  I was fitted at Ping for their Sigma G Doon and love the counterbalance feel.  Some don't.

I supposed you could get a blade putter with changeable weights like a Scotty Select Newport and change out the weights, but I think you would have to add counterbalance to the grip end to make it feel right.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Like@Kennyb said, the heavy putter is about as heavy as it gets. I know that Cure makes some adjustable weights that can get heavy too. You can also try and cut down an old belly putter to give you a super heavy head as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

5 hours ago, Rtracymog said:

Like@Kennyb said, the heavy putter is about as heavy as it gets. I know that Cure makes some adjustable weights that can get heavy too. You can also try and cut down an old belly putter to give you a super heavy head as well.

I tried that with a brand new Cleveland belly putter that was dirt cheap after they were banned.  The feel was too heavy in the head for my liking, but counterweight it and it should be fine; the lie angle might be a little off.  I ended up buying the Ping instead.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Someone asked about this on another forum and the two putters recommended were the Evnroll 2.2 Mid Blade & MLA Golf blade.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Thanks for all the suggestion, never thought about cutting down the belly putter, awesome idea! I may buy one and a Heavy Putter (brand). I am looking to be 400 grams or above, just feels better for me, but I wanted to test roll a few before I did, and of course I can find anything used locally to give it a roll.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

22 minutes ago, JohnBarry said:

The Cure putters look like what I am looking for!

Your location says you are in Va Beach.  If you want to drive to the peninsula the addicted to golf store has a cute RXi listed on their used club list.  Don’t know it it has all the weights but the cure website says it can get up to 410gr.  To bad they sold the va  beach store or they could transfer it over.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

22 hours ago, JohnBarry said:

The Cure putters look like what I am looking for!

I was going to post these. It’s been several years since I gamed one but the original models were quite loud. Softball bat sounding. Other than that they are good putters

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I just got a Cleveland TFI 2135 8 CB putter at 35" this offseason - thing is pretty darn heavy. According to the specs, the head weighs 405g and the grip 148g. Haven't tried it on the greens yet as the courses aren't open, and I'll be comparing it to my current Versa 9, but just on a mat it seems very very stable. It does however feel completely different to anything I've tried before in terms of weight and the way you swing it - I feel it completely neutralizes any movement in my hands/wrists and I can get a nice constant stroke.

Trying to play as much golf as I can up in Trondheim, Norway.

Cobra F7 Driver, F6 3W, F7 2/3 and 3/4 Hy - Fujikura Pro S shafts

Callaway Apex Pro 16 4-P, Recoil 110 F4 shafts

Cleveland RTX-4 50, 54,58

Odyssey Versa #9, Cleveland TFI 8.0 CB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a Cleveland Classic Belly head which is 400 g. A bit heavy for me, might try to counterweight it.  The Cleveland Gutcheck is one of my gamers at 365 g. These can easily take a large snsr grip and still feel fine in terms of balance.

Driver Titleist 910 with KuroKage R or Cleveland Classic

3 wd Titleist 910 with Diamana

7 wd Snake eyes with Irod

23 and 28 Adams Idea Pro Gold Hybrids with nv protos

Irons either Adams Idea Pro Gold chrome or smoke, or wishon 555 with KK 70

TM wedges

Putters - Snake eyes (4), Cleveland (8), Cameron (6), or others.