Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Iron fitting and hoping money well spent.

Keeper905

Hi All,

I went this week for a club fitting at Modern Golf.  Just squeaked in before Ontario closed down for a month!

It was a nice place and a good experience overall.   Attached are some images I took while waiting for my fitter to come back with a water.

I went in with some idea of the clubs.  I was leaning towards Ping G425, Cobra Radspeed, or Sim2 irons.  But I was open to options and to see what the fitter said.

I told him what I thought, and he first said maybe to discount the Sim2 only because he just had to call a client to tell them that Sim's are expected to arrive in August.  Ouch!

So hit the Pings, Radspeeds, Callaway Apex, JPX 921's.  Something else that I couldn't recall because I hit it like it was a wet noodle with a frog on the end of it.

Then he brought me the Cobra Forged Tec 2020's and said to give them a try that he though they would work well for me. 

Well, the certainly did.  Felt wonderfully smooth, good feel, popped off the face.  Numbers on the trackman were where he wanted to see them.  Felt so confident hitting them.

Just never thought about these clubs since I'm a higher handicap player (but improving fast this past year with additional time on the course).  I do have a fast swing speed though (92 - 94 mph in a 7 iron).  Just thought I should be looking at the super game improvement irons. But my fitter said I would be fine in these since I don't have an issue striking the ball in the middle of the face (I just have a whole bunch of other problems 🙂).

So now I have ordered them in with Dynamic Gold Tour S400 shafts.  Can't wait to get them in and hit the range and course.

Now the waiting game begins.

IMG_6360.jpg

IMG_6361.jpg

Chiller Cart Bag

:taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 9° - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: Sim Max Rocket 3wd 14° - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: Sim2 Max Rescue 4H 22° - Ventus Blue 7S

:cobra-small: King Forged Tec 2020 - 5 thru PW - Dynamic Gold S400

:cleveland-small: CBX 2 54° Wedge

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole 3 Sand Wedge 58°

Bat Attack Battle Ready Putter 34"

:Arccos: Tracking

Congrats on the new clubs and glad you had a good experience.

The open mind was the best thing you could have done. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1