Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ping 425 hybrid issue

When i remove the main screw from the bottom of the head that connect the shat and clubhead i can not get them to separate.  All other hybrids i have used it comes off no effort.  Am i missing something or is the club faulty and i need it exchanged only reveived it yesterday.

2 minutes ago, thegimble said:

When i remove the main screw from the bottom of the head that connect the shat and clubhead i can not get them to separate.  All other hybrids i have used it comes off no effort.  Am i missing something or is the club faulty and i need it exchanged only reveived it yesterday.

Not sure I understand. Are you saying you can't remove the shaft from the head? On my 410 driver and hybrids  the shafts are easily removed.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

7 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Not sure I understand. Are you saying you can't remove the shaft from the head? On my 410 driver and hybrids  the shafts are easily removed.  

Yes that's the problem. All other clubs i have are easy to remove this one feels its welded on.  Have a feeling its going for an exchange.  I need to lift the clubhead to the max loft of 35.5 but its set on 34.

2 minutes ago, wolfpacker92 said:

Yes I recently got the Ping 425 Max driver and the head definitely takes more work to get off than any other driver I've had.

Needs a bolt cutter the way it feels.  Had a few swings on normal setting lovely club to hit 7 hybrid.  Problem is i have another hybrid Big Bertha 30 degree loft which atm i have on 32 both clubs are too close for me distance wise.  If i can get BB to 31 and Ping to 35.5 it gets me closer to the green distance wise as irons are not my thing struggled with them for decades.  Alos being left handed options are minimal in highest lofted hybrids. 

I've had several fairways and hybrids like this. Remove the screw. Take club to ghe yard. Hit the bottom of the club on the ground a few times. Take head in dominant hand and pull/twist at the same time.

If its still tight, smack it a few more times.

Yes, this is true. You wont hurt the club or shaft, full swings are much more violent.

Sent from my SM-G991U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

On 4/12/2021 at 1:37 AM, JDHolmes said:

I've had several fairways and hybrids like this. Remove the screw. Take club to ghe yard. Hit the bottom of the club on the ground a few times. Take head in dominant hand and pull/twist at the same time.

If its still tight, smack it a few more times.

Yes, this is true. You wont hurt the club or shaft, full swings are much more violent.

Sent from my SM-G991U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thank you very much.  Attempted this morning nothing not a millimetre movement.  This evening twisted a bit harder almost knocked myself with the head.  Now its set and head comes off easily.  

Thanks for your advice it worked