Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The time has arrived for my lessons with probably the top instructor in the NE Ohio area, Randy Dietz.

I got to Windmill Training Center in Macedonia about 20 minutes early for my lesson, checked in and they gave me a small bucket to warm up.

I got my clubs and shoes and headed off where I proceeded to get the shanks. Yes, I said it, the shanks.I have no idea where that marvelous piece of golf came from and I was not real happy, but I was there and it was time.

Randy took me to the end of the bays where he gives his lesson and asked me to hit a few while he took some video. I told him I literally got the shanks on the range and then ripped off shot after shot of great 6 irons. He said "what's there to fix?". Actually, there was a couple of things. I was a bit steep in my back swing and I was folding my left arm in in the follow through...think T-rex arms.

He had me get on his brand new plane station and work on that for a bit to get the feeling of a more rounded swing. I was asking a lot of why questions as I warned him I'm analytical and need to know the why things work. He also gave me a drill to do where you swing but instead of gripping with the right hand, you lay it flat against the shaft when you swing to make the left arm flat on the follow through and not fold in. He said it wasn't an easy thing to do but I did it on the first swing with a ball and heard "amazing" behind me. I did it again and heard "wow". On the third time he just laughed and said he'd never seen anyone get it down straight away. We ended the lesson with some half shots with the 9 iron them about 8 or so drivers. I was just hitting both so well with the driver carrying about 240 and not one that wouldn't have been in the fairway.

I'm very happy with Randy and hope that we'll see big strides in my game.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Awesome man!!!! So we'll play the gold tees next time I'm at Windmill.

I'm getting lessons this year too. Time to smooth out those last rough edges.

The time has arrived for my lessons with probably the top instructor in the NE Ohio area, Randy Dietz.

I got to Windmill Training Center in Macedonia about 20 minutes early for my lesson, checked in and they gave me a small bucket to warm up.

I got my clubs and shoes and headed off where I proceeded to get the shanks. Yes, I said it, the shanks.I have no idea where that marvelous piece of golf came from and I was not real happy, but I was there and it was time.

Randy took me to the end of the bays where he gives his lesson and asked me to hit a few while he took some video. I told him I literally got the shanks on the range and then ripped off shot after shot of great 6 irons. He said "what's there to fix?". Actually, there was a couple of things. I was a bit steep in my back swing and I was folding my left arm in in the follow through...think T-rex arms.

He had me get on his brand new plane station and work on that for a bit to get the feeling of a more rounded swing. I was asking a lot of why questions as I warned him I'm analytical and need to know the why things work. He also gave me a drill to do where you swing but instead of gripping with the right hand, you lay it flat against the shaft when you swing to make the left arm flat on the follow through and not fold in. He said it wasn't an easy thing to do but I did it on the first swing with a ball and heard "amazing" behind me. I did it again and heard "wow". On the third time he just laughed and said he'd never seen anyone get it down straight away. We ended the lesson with some half shots with the 9 iron them about 8 or so drivers. I was just hitting both so well with the driver carrying about 240 and not one that wouldn't have been in the fairway.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

42 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

So we'll play the gold tees next time I'm at Windmill.

Ah, no.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Sounds like he's a big help for you/your game.

Based on your recommendation when we played here in Florida, I've been communicating with Randy about a series of lessons for my wife in May. I'm going to coordinate that with her putter fitting from Trent. It's nice when a spouse is as enthusiastic about golf.  😊

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 4 weeks later...

Update time. I saw Randy again today and we worked on more lag (for want of a better term), more square to the target and flattening out my swing. It sounds like a lot, but it all works together and wasn't information overload.

In the bag:

Bag: 

2 minutes ago, MattF said:

Update time. I saw Randy again today and we worked on more lag (for want of a better term), more square to the target and flattening out my swing. It sounds like a lot, but it all works together and wasn't information overload.

I really like his teaching style. Looking forward to our next lesson in a few weeks. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

12 minutes ago, MattF said:

Hope the changes help.   Had my lesson today; made quite a few tweaks and hoping that I can incorporate them. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG