TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golfweek Amateur Tour

How many Spies are playing in this Tour? I just played my first ever event (my first time ever competing in golf, really) this past weekend. Had an absolute blast even though the weather was in the "worst possible" category. 45 degrees, 25 knot gusts, driving rain the entire 18. By the 16th I realized I had never in my short playing life wanted to get off of a golf course that badly. Did not care where I finished, or what my score was. Still, my playing partners were just awesome to play golf with, and even though we were all equally miserable they never once lost their positivity. Cant say enough good things about those guys, and I hope we get grouped together again in the future. 

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

I have looked into it a few times but for some reason I never seem to commit. I really need to look at it again. Where are you located?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

39 minutes ago, TBT said:

I have looked into it a few times but for some reason I never seem to commit. I really need to look at it again. Where are you located?

I did the same for a couple of years before pulling the trigger. Glad I did. I'm in NYC, but I'm in a great spot where I can play the New Jersey, and/or the Metro New York Tour. It's whatever my schedule allows me to play. 

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

1 hour ago, Shank Aaron said:

How many Spies are playing in this Tour? I just played my first ever event (my first time ever competing in golf, really) this past weekend. Had an absolute blast even though the weather was in the "worst possible" category. 45 degrees, 25 knot gusts, driving rain the entire 18. By the 16th I realized I had never in my short playing life wanted to get off of a golf course that badly. Did not care where I finished, or what my score was. Still, my playing partners were just awesome to play golf with, and even though we were all equally miserable they never once lost their positivity. Cant say enough good things about those guys, and I hope we get grouped together again in the future. 

How’d you finish?

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

13 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

How’d you finish?

Not as well as I would've liked, but no one had a good round in those conditions. The lowest score for the tournament was +10. I finished middle of the pack in C Flight, but my big positive was winning a skin for my birdie on the 12th. Worth a nice little stack of green colored paper!

I tried it when it first came to my region in 2019. Terrible experience and quit the tour after 2 events. They're still here but I don't see many people playing.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I found out that the Golfweek Amatuer Tour here in Houston was so bad the guy that ran it quit and opened a new tour called the Amatuer Players Tour,I’m thinking about playing in an event as a guest to see if I like it

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I played in a few Indianapolis events last year because they were the only events around due to covid.  I thought the tour was well run, not a ton of people, but everyone was very nice.  And if you do the skins and contests you can walk away with some green.  

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Hey all, I'm new to the mygolfspy forum, but was reading through this topic and figured I would comment on it. Golf Channel Am tour used to be decent and where I played most, but was expensive. The Golfweek Am tour is not good as stated above. I've been playing in the Nextgengolf City Tour events for a while which are awesome. They are part of the PGA.  Pretty affordable and they have unbelievable championships if you can qualify (this year is at Whistling Straits 3 weeks before the Ryder Cup). Only struggle is you need to be near a city.