Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Introducing MGS X TheGrint Virtual Tour! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Tarheelvolvo

3 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

I saw where to enter the tee accuracy but could not make anything happen when I tried to enter it.

Interesting sounds like a bug or something. If you still have your information and entered you score already you can try deleting it and re-entering it to see if that changes anything. 

2 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

Did you still start your phone app before you played but then left it alone until you got home?

No I actually just waited until I got home to do everything. My phone didn’t charge the night before so I didn’t have the battery life left to even have it running in the back ground. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

21 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Interesting sounds like a bug or something. If you still have your information and entered you score already you can try deleting it and re-entering it to see if that changes anything. 

No I actually just waited until I got home to do everything. My phone didn’t charge the night before so I didn’t have the battery life left to even have it running in the back ground. 

Thanks for the tip. I did delete the round and started over. It worked easy enough online. But the instructions to be sure to start the phone app "before" a round is confusing if I'm not going to do anything with it during the round.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

7 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

Thanks for the tip. I did delete the round and started over. It worked easy enough online. But the instructions to be sure to start the phone app "before" a round is confusing if I'm not going to do anything with it during the round.

I'm not 💯 on it and it is possible I am wrong in doing it afterwards. I took it as you have to choose the tour before you enter your score. Let's tag @GolfSpy_THV and maybe he can clarify for us. 

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

38 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

I saw where to enter the tee accuracy but could not make anything happen when I tried to enter it.

I used the app and I was having the same problem.  I had to turn it on under “Tracking Options” in round setup.  

I’m sorry to hear your issues with it.  I started off entering the info as I played and then just finished it after my round.  Maybe it’s something to get used to as I do it, or maybe it is just easier to plan on entering after the round.  Either way, good luck in the contest!

7 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I'm not 💯 on it and it is possible I am wrong in doing it afterwards. I took it as you have to choose the tour before you enter your score. Let's tag @GolfSpy_THV and maybe he can clarify for us. 

I think your 100% correct in entering afterwards. My awful round is showing up after entering it completely online.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

13 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

I think your 100% correct in entering afterwards. My awful round is showing up after entering it completely online.

I know we can enter it afterwards but don't know if it is against the rules which is why I tagged THV. Hopefully we are good but if not I will enter a new round next time I play. 

Had a thunderstorm on Friday, so the course was rough, but I posted a score lol let’s just say if the metric is for who had the most duck hooks on the front or most putts, I’m sitting pretty lol Beautiful day tho FBE94850-99F5-4A77-89D0-C8B375707147.jpeg.71bc02140c2a5cd0f83a5b1dd308fff7.jpeg

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Such a great idea - excited to see how it all shakes out!

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Played terrible but going to enter my round.   Like @artful_golfer I hate doing this type of stuff during the round.  It is definitely distracting and I end up focusing more on the app than my round. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Got my round in and pretty sure it posted. I show up in the Tour Leader Board as D. Lance. Not sure how you get points but I got 0...Not looking good lol. I think I hit a lot of different potential metrics though. Started the day off with a first tee lost ball leading to a double, but did pretty well the rest of the day. Ended with 5 birdies, 25 putts and a total of 75. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

8 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

Help please. I tried to use The Grint for the first time yesterday. I'm missing something in "the Grint is easy and I love it" part of using it. I really wanted to enjoy this app and being a part of this Grint Tour?

I completed setting up a Grint account along with profile, bag, etc. No problem except it refused to show my correct chosen home course and handicap on the handicap card or score card. It shows a different course in a completely different city plus shows my handicap index much higher than it is.

I had no trouble starting the round correctly from the app on my phone. It looked like I should enter scores as I played so I did. But that was so distracting plus time consuming that I shot my highest score in the 5 years (and I've been playing less than 7).  I had to retrieve my phone from my push cart top storage tray, pull my glasses from their case, open my phone and go through entering the score - and then do all of that in reverse before the next hole.

When entering scores on my phone it doesn't allow me to enter tee shot accuracy. So when I progressed to the screen to upload my score, a warning message appeared that I didn't change my tee accuracy one time, did I really have an awesome driving round? Well no, so I didn't upload my score. I logged on to Grint with my laptop to see if I could do any better.  Editing was better but I thought this was suppose to be simpler.

Since I usually purposely try to not be so gripey, I want to add that even with the distracting issues with the app and ensuing golf errors I created, it was a beautiful South Texas day and I immensely enjoyed our family golf afternoon.

PXG 0811 XF driver

Sorry if it was mentioned before but can you track the round by hand (I typically do this on my scorecard even with arccos) and put it in later? I have always tracked my rounds on the scorecard with putts, misses, penalties etc etc.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

57 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Played terrible but going to enter my round.   Like @artful_golfer I hate doing this type of stuff during the round.  It is definitely distracting and I end up focusing more on the app than my round. 

A year ago I would have said the same thing, but since we returned post COVID lockdown we’ve been using a scoring app to “mark” our cards and I use my phone every hole anyway. I studiously avoid looking at anything else.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

18 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Sorry if it was mentioned before but can you track the round by hand (I typically do this on my scorecard even with arccos) and put it in later? I have always tracked my rounds on the scorecard with putts, misses, penalties etc etc.

As I mentioned earlier I did it that way but cannot verify if that is copacetic or not.  

9 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Yep, you're correct. You need to select the event before you enter your score. The app being on/off is of little relevance unless you also like the gps yardage features it provides on course. 

Regarding tee accuracy, unless I shank it way left/right, I normally leave it as "HIT" in the scorecard. That's the default selection, so don't feel like you need to adjust unless necessary. 

Hopefully that helps @artful_golfer!

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

28 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

Yep, you're correct. You need to select the event before you enter your score. The app being on/off is of little relevance unless you also like the gps yardage features it provides on course. 

Regarding tee accuracy, unless I shank it way left/right, I normally leave it as "HIT" in the scorecard. That's the default selection, so don't feel like you need to adjust unless necessary. 

Hopefully that helps @artful_golfer!

Very helpful, thanks. Next round I'll go back to focusing on my game and not see my phone. I'll let Shot Scope record my shots. Then later I'll use that info to post my scores in The Grint. And using your qualifications for a "HIT" I'll leave drives on the edge of the rough as a HIT. Much simpler, thank you!

I know a number of satisfied golfers I play with who use their phone for GPS info and scoring during a round. Each person has different needs and unfortunately, that doesn't work for me. I usually don't even have a pocket for a phone and I'm actually delighted to get away from it for a little while.

I apologize for creating first use issues. But I will happily continue with the Grint Tour!

PXG 0811 XF driver

I've used the Grint for years.  Never entered my clubs....what am I missing? (Not being sarcastic....really want to know if I'm missing something)

:Sub70:    849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 60g 

:tour-edge:   EXS 7wood  Tensei Blue R

:Sub70:    699 4-7i   USTRecoil 660 F3 R

:Sub70:    699 Pro 8-AW  USTRecoil 660 F3 R    

:Sub70:   JB Forged 54 and JB Forged 58 Full Face

:Sub70:    TAll Wide Blade putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9

Grint_Shield_Logo.svg The Grint Pro

Tee time lined up for tomorrow.  Unsure what type of data points will matter for the contest, but hoping I somehow ace it and have a good round to boot.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I was not able to get my round in.. Sucky weather this weekend.. Maybe next weekend..

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

I'm very intrigued to see what the metric will be for this challenge. It is fun not knowing, but then once my round is in I really want to know!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Maybe I am stupid (probably) but I am not seeing it. How many rounds have to be completed? Is it just one by the 3rd? 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

10 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

Maybe I am stupid (probably) but I am not seeing it. How many rounds have to be completed? Is it just one by the 3rd? 

Yeah, one full 18 hole round during the event period.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

@GolfSpy_THV would it possible to have a list of possible metrics? You know, to build the anticipation... and will the metric be randomly drawn out of a hat or chosen by the MGS staff to console the poor SOB who didn't hit a single GIR/FIR or had 15 penalty shots? 😂

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

3 hours ago, Kanoito said:

@GolfSpy_THV would it possible to have a list of possible metrics? You know, to build the anticipation... and will the metric be randomly drawn out of a hat or chosen by the MGS staff to console the poor SOB who didn't hit a single GIR/FIR or had 15 penalty shots? 😂

I like the mystery of it all.....

:Sub70:    849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 60g 

:tour-edge:   EXS 7wood  Tensei Blue R

:Sub70:    699 4-7i   USTRecoil 660 F3 R

:Sub70:    699 Pro 8-AW  USTRecoil 660 F3 R    

:Sub70:   JB Forged 54 and JB Forged 58 Full Face

:Sub70:    TAll Wide Blade putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9

Grint_Shield_Logo.svg The Grint Pro

I'm playing this Saturday!  Hopefully the winning metric is 'most 3 putts,' 'most water hazards,' or 'most inanimate objects blamed for poor shots' LOL. 

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

This will push me in to the world of stat tracking.  Thank you MGS!

Tour Edge EXS KBS Max 80

Tour Edge C722 3H, 5H Ventus Blue 7-R (great stock shaft)

Callaway Epic Speed 16.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke iM10 60

Ping G400 UST Helium Proto 5f4

TaylorMade Ghost Manta Putter

If I was "the man" I'd be in the fairway - Bubba Watson

Sounds like fun let’s do this!!!

I use cobra clubs speed zone extreme driver, XL speed 3w 5w 4 hybrid 5 hybrid, forged CB irons 6-PW,  mim wedges 52, 56, 60 degree and odyssey stroke lab versa seven putter. And use vice pro plus golf ball all with arccos grips or grip insert

On 4/27/2021 at 10:12 AM, ChasingScratch said:

'most inanimate objects blamed for poor shots' LOL. 

Shoot! I'm new to Grint and didn't see where I could mark this stat! Could have been useful! Maybe for the next round... Lol. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x