Introducing MGS X TheGrint Virtual Tour! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

GolfSpy_THV

33 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Congratulations to our three randomly selected winner!

We'll contact the winners directly to get the prizes setup accordingly. We'll have another contest for May announced VERY SOON!

Congrats winners! So this round was totally random, no specific stat?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

We'll contact the winners directly to get the prizes setup accordingly. We'll have another contest for May announced VERY SOON!

congrats!

• Like 4

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter (Testing SIK DW 2.0 35" double bend)

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

43 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Edit: Forgot about the winning metric! It was a bit convoluted, but goes to show the power of data. The guys at TheGrint came up with a clever, and very random way to select our winners. I'm going to copy/paste the message they sent me as they stated it best!

1. We multiply each score hole by hole. (Let's say: 1st Hole  4, 2nd Hole 5, 3rd Hole 3. So we multiply 4x5=20. Then 20x3=60... and so on).
  2. We run that calculation for each player, and then take the first 2 digits of that number
  3. If the player's number matches the course par (of the course he played), then he/she wins.
  4. The tiebreaker is going to be the 3rd digit. Which in that case, will win the closest to 0. If ties, 4th digit and so on. 

Congrats to those who won!

Note to self. Don’t go with the aim at the bunker strategy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Edit: Forgot about the winning metric! It was a bit convoluted, but goes to show the power of data. The guys at TheGrint came up with a clever, and very random way to select our winners. I'm going to copy/paste the message they sent me as they stated it best!

1. We multiply each score hole by hole. (Let's say: 1st Hole  4, 2nd Hole 5, 3rd Hole 3. So we multiply 4x5=20. Then 20x3=60... and so on).
  2. We run that calculation for each player, and then take the first 2 digits of that number
  3. If the player's number matches the course par (of the course he played), then he/she wins.
  4. The tiebreaker is going to be the 3rd digit. Which in that case, will win the closest to 0. If ties, 4th digit and so on. 

Congrats winners!  I like the selection process too...random, everyone is in it...

• Like 4

Driver: TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW:  CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids:  SIM DHY 3 & 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter:  ER7B 

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

Congrats gents

• Like 3

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Congrats fellas - awesome first prize.  Definitely envious.  Holding hope for the Cobra Connect!

• Like 2

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

Posted (edited)

@GolfSpy_THV Did we ever figure out the issue for those of us who played before the deadline but were unable to input our rounds for the contest (due to the glitch in the Matrix)?  I know there was talk of an ongoing contest as well, so is there any way for us to retroactively put our scores in for Event 1 so that we can still be in the running for the overall season long competition?

Edited by ChasingScratch
  • Like 4

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

Twitter: @GolfSpy_CS

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

Ball:  :taylormade-small: 2019 TP5X

Congratulations to the winners. Next time for all of the rest of us.

Must say that the criteria seems a little too much like math - and not enough like golf.

Looking forward to the next month contest and perhaps next time it will be some random golf related criteria? Still loving the idea and as a Grint user it fits nicely with me.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Congrats to those who won! Pretty sure we can guarantee that nobody would have guess that metric haha
Looking forward to seeing what the next events are and thank you to both MGS and TheGrint for putting this on. Great way to stay engaged. 

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Im all kinda confused with that criteria 🤪

Congrats to the winners!

• Like 3

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

So you are saying I missed all those fairways for nothing? 😂 Gratz to the winners!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Congrats to the winners!  The metric this time was the lowest round then?  Guess I should have deleted my first and entered my career round 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

• Like 1

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Really was hoping that the folks at The Grint had figured out how to quantify the most mediocre round of golf. I would've been a shoe in to win! Congrats to all the winners on their not so average rounds!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 10.5, Motore X F1 60 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, Rocket 13.0, Atmos Red 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour, 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic gold S300

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0 - S grind

:taylormade-small: Spider Mini

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 X

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

Congrats winners!!

• Like 2

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Barbados Island
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

13 hours ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Congrats winners, can't wait to see which driver you picked @XMasterXDrewX

By the way, maybe we should all count our scores using this formula...I would've finally broke 80 with a 77.7

• Like 3
  • In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

12 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

@GolfSpy_THV Did we ever figure out the issue for those of us who played before the deadline but were unable to input our rounds for the contest (due to the glitch in the Matrix)?  I know there was talk of an ongoing contest as well, so is there any way for us to retroactively put our scores in for Event 1 so that we can still be in the running for the overall season long competition?

Good thought! Let me see what we can do about those missed days last weekend.

• Like 3

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Evenflow Black 65 6.0

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

2 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Congrats to the winners!  The metric this time was the lowest round then?  Guess I should have deleted my first and entered my career round 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Not exactly - it was a bit more involved and random than that. For instance, one of the winners shot a 92 in their "winning" round, but it just so happened the score multiplication worked in their favor to have the first two numbers of their multiplied score equal the par for course they were playing.

• Like 2

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Evenflow Black 65 6.0

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

Not exactly - it was a bit more involved and random than that. For instance, one of the winners shot a 92 in their "winning" round, but it just so happened the score multiplication worked in their favor to have the first two numbers of their multiplied score equal the par for course they were playing.

Yeah I was just trying to be silly. Sorry for any confusion lol

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

34 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

Congrats winners, can't wait to see which driver you picked @XMasterXDrewX

By the way, maybe we should all count our scores using this formula...I would've finally broke 80 with a 77.7

I hadn't actually seen the metric they used until now... holy cow that's a random metric. Still can't believe I actually got 1st prize! Still waiting for the email to pick the prize, but I'm a big TaylorMade guy, so SIM2 is definitely in the running. 

• Like 9

Callaway Fairway 14 stand bag

TaylorMade RBZ driver 

TaylorMade RBZ 3W

Callaway RAZR XF hybrids

Callaway RAZR XF iron set

Ping putter

Bridgestone Tour B XS ball

3 minutes ago, XMasterXDrewX said:

I hadn't actually seen the metric they used until now... holy cow that's a random metric. Still can't believe I actually got 1st prize! Still waiting for the email to pick the prize, but I'm a big TaylorMade guy, so SIM2 is definitely in the running. 

Nice!  Well, welcome to the forum, hope you're able to get a lot out of it and join in on some great conversations.

• Like 6
  • In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗