Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ping traverse vs pioneer

lsjoel

Hey everyone. Trying to decide on a traverse or pioneer. Anyone ever had both? or why did you just one over the other? I prefer the traverse colors especially the navy/grey/red but the pioneer i feel like the club slots are just set up better but the colors im a little blah about. Thanks 

I got the traverse instead of the pioneer at the beginning of the season. Color wise, they are all similar, I went for a full black one.

Why I choose the traverse:

-Non magnetic range finder pocket, not sure I'm gonna use it to put my rangefinder 100% of the time so I prefer a zipper and my rangefinder probably gonna be in the cart most of the time anyway.

-Price -  35$ or 50$ Canadian less on the Traverse

-Color (at the store I was able to visit) I wanted the navy grey one but finally went for a full black one for the safe choice

-14 divider vs 15 divider I said to myself, 14 clubs need 14 dividers, oh god I was wrong, I hold at the moment like 18 clubs/items or so in the bag could have use the putter divider in extra for sure. I'm not playing in tournament or anything and all my friend have more than 14 clubs anyway. I will end up with 14 or 15 and some DIY superspeed stick. For now the bag divider look crowded. 

-In the top bag on MGS

I am extremely satisfied with it for sure, still wish they would have done better color scheme than that. ( I like the navy color a lot but no bag stand out this year with that color. )

2 of my friend have Ping bag too, one pioneer from 2-3 years old and one got a 2019 DLX that he won in a tournament. The DLX is just huge and expensive but for sure a very good bag, the Pioneer is a little older but still in good shape, hope my traverse is as strong as those too.

I don't think you can go wrong with the 2, If I could choose one perfect bag for me it would have been a Pioneer/DLX dividers with full zipper, lower price and Navy/grey navy/white dual colors.

like a great philosophers said: you can't always get what you want...

Edited by pouetvl

• 1 month later...

Friend got the Traverse and returned it. Didnt fit into his CliqGear without the wings pinching the sides. I have a Pioneer and it fits fine in my CaddyTek. I would add I am not a big fan of the carry strap ergonomics. It could be better designed to carry it from car to course. Strap is a little awkward. Only complaint I could make on the Pioneer.

Pioneer: Big bag and holds everything in a way that makes sense.

Traverse: Depends on your use. Not recommended with CliqGear. A little boxy for my taste.