TESTERS WANTED! ×

When did Pokémon Cards become more important than Toilet Paper?

Shankster

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

So my kids decided they wanted to get into collecting and playing Pokémon....

They are impossible to find not on eBay where the “lovely people” bought 5000 packs are are tripling the price... 

Any comic book stores around you? my niece was into them and I always went to our local comic store to get the packs.

Still pissed I didnt save mine from my younger years! Could have made a little pocket change!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Any comic book stores around you? my niece was into them and I always went to our local comic store to get the packs.

Still pissed I didnt save mine from my younger years! Could have made a little pocket change!

Not that I know of.  I had my mom check back home too.  They are sold out everywhere I checked.  I refuse to pay $10 for something that was $3.99 from the manufacture.

I have two huge boxes of magic cards from my childhood, but they are not interested in those.

Ah Magic I am really surprised that's still so popular. I dabbled a little bit, as I've got a box floating around somewhere. But I'm glad that hobby missed me as it's crazy expensive to build a good deck. I was a little too old when Pokemon hit, but some of my friend's younger brothers were into it, and now my friend's kids.

I play Dungeons & Dragons now.

Not that I know of.  I had my mom check back home too.  They are sold out everywhere I checked.  I refuse to pay $10 for something that was $3.99 from the manufacture.
I have two huge boxes of magic cards from my childhood, but they are not interested in those.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

21 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Ah Magic I am really surprised that's still so popular. I dabbled a little bit, as I've got a box floating around somewhere. But I'm glad that hobby missed me as it's crazy expensive to build a good deck. I was a little too old when Pokemon hit, but some of my friend's younger brothers were into it, and now my friend's kids.

I play Dungeons & Dragons now.

Take Dead Aim

Yeah, I never played magic.  Collected the cards over 1995-1998... unfortunately I missed all of the editions worth something. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I never really heard of Pokémon till that game came out a few years ago and people were walking around like zombies.  I knew it was there, just not much about it.

24 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yeah, I never played magic.  Collected the cards over 1995-1998... unfortunately I missed all of the editions worth something. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I never really heard of Pokémon till that game came out a few years ago and people were walking around like zombies.  I knew it was there, just not much about it.

I played Magic from like '93-'99. Ended up selling all my decks to a co-worker when we were moving and later found out just how badly he ripped me off. 

I've played a bit with my nephews who are really into Magic. My son tried but never got into it. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

The game store I play D&D at usually has a few tables of teenagers playing magic too. And I guess Saturday afternoons are big MTG days too. I guess Wizards of the Coast keeps releasing tons of cards each year and rotating them out, creating thier own demand for new cards.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star