TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Testing Section - Bug Thread

Tarheelvolvo

Hey Guys,

We just launched the new member testing section and if you find bugs or quirks, please add them here so I can address with our developer.

Thanks and we hope you like the new feature!

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Is there a way to follow the "2021 testing oppurtunities" section for when new tests are available we can get an alert?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 4/16/2021 at 10:18 AM, Lacassem said:

Is there a way to follow the "2021 testing oppurtunities" section for when new tests are available we can get an alert?

Let me see what options I have to set that up 🙂 Good suggestion!

*update: Since the new test section is not technically a "forum" there is no way to setup a "follow" for that section. However, the other mods and I will make sure post it as an announcement up top - when space allows - to alert everyone of the testing opportunities. This would be in addition to an email blast to all members and any support from MGS HQ with blogs, email, social support.

38 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

Hey Guys,

We just launched the new member testing section and if you find bugs or quirks, please add them here so I can address with our developer.

Thanks and we hope you like the new feature!

I like the continuing improvements - thanks for being on top of this! 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Where is this located within the forum?  I can click the link above to get there and I saw it posted on the forum Twitter account, but I don't actually see it when just trying to navigate the forum through the menu's.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

1 minute ago, hckymeyer said:

Where is this located within the forum?  I can click the link above to get there and I saw it posted on the forum Twitter account, but I don't actually see it when just trying to navigate the forum through the menu's.

Hey @hckymeyer, great question! It's under the "REVIEWS" menu tab, although we could adjust that and make it a stand alone item...i'm open to other ideas 🙂
image.png

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

Hey @hckymeyer, great question! It's under the "REVIEWS" menu tab, although we could adjust that and make it a stand alone item...i'm open to other ideas 🙂
image.png

I like the drop down, I'd leave it as an option there.  Might be nice to also have it in the Testers Wanted section pinned to the top though.  I can see lots of people navigating there just because it's visible without hovering over a menu option.  Or once it's not used anymore bury the old forum section and just place the link for the new one in it's place.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Should probably edit the addresses out for these dudes who are just giving their personal information away... Yikes.

Not sure if that's a bug with the application form, or they're not following directions, but dang putting your home address in plain sight on the internet?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I’m not seeing it at all in the mobile app

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Something up with the email notifications I think [mention]GolfSpy_THV [/mention]

Some funny language in the email text:

IMG_4294.jpg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Can you add the capability to go to the first unread post in the testing thread like in the regular forum.  There isn't an icon to indicated new posts and clicking the header takes you to the first post and not the latest.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Something up with the email notifications I think [mention]GolfSpy_THV [/mention]

IMG_4294.jpg

Haha, yeah noticed that this morning and already sent a note to Dev to correct. In the meantime, please snicker all you wish at the silly name 😂

41 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Can you add the capability to go to the first unread post in the testing thread like in the regular forum.  There isn't an icon to indicated new posts and clicking the header takes you to the first post and not the latest.   

Good suggestion. I'll see what we can do!

14 minutes ago, Shankster said:

No more 45,000 quote responses to weed through?  @Golfspy_CG2 you must like that idea. 😂😂

Hope we didn’t work me out of a job 😮

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

3 hours ago, jlukes said:

Really need the signup thread to appear in the recent/unread feeds. Otherwise many people who just use those feeds might never know a signup is occurring 

Ssssh!! You’ll decrease your chances for any tedting by making easily accessible 😬

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Hope we didn’t work me out of a job

Last I knew there was a stack of boxes full of goodies we are eagerly waiting you to open and share your thoughts on.

Plus there’s already 1400+ signups... I don’t think it got easier.

But you no longer need to weed through useless gifs! I also kind of like it because we can have a conversation about the equipment up for testing without all the application posts mixed in.

I’m sure there will be a few bugs, but I like the idea of separating the two out!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

6 hours ago, B.Boston said:

IMG_4294.jpg

You have an issue with indie farts?? 😂

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Just now, TBT said:

You have an issue with indie farts?? 😂

I got a good chuckle after my Initial double take of what the email even was. 

the. My mind started trying to figure out what sort of code it was. But after talking about things like “dev” “test” or “prod” I couldn’t make farts for any sort of IT acronym or shorthand for an environment. 

maybe it’s indie for independent open source code... and farts represents a test environment because that’s usually what happens before sh*t gets real. 🤣

the. My mind started trying to figure out what sort of code it was. But after talking about things like “dev” “test” or “prod” I couldn’t make farts for any sort of IT acronym or shorthand for an environment. 

maybe it’s indie for independent open source code... and farts represents a test environment because that’s usually what happens before sh*t gets real. 🤣

I needed a good laugh this morning and this thread provided it! 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

13 hours ago, B.Boston said:

IT Consultant checking in here. Tried to also think what it meant. I have no answers. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Really liking the new format. I like seeing how many "applicants" there are, gives you an idea of interest VS. the replies previously that didn't give you an accurate account.

Any movement on following that entire page? (not pushing but 99% of my job is follow ups, its engrained) 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

7 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Really liking the new format. I like seeing how many "applicants" there are, gives you an idea of interest VS. the replies previously that didn't give you an accurate account.

Any movement on following that entire page? (not pushing but 99% of my job is follow ups, its engrained) 

Does the Follow button exist for you guys?
image.png

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

image.png

Doesnt look like it

image.png.72285d24d018e24af48b552260753e6c.png

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

image.png

It does for the individual test opportunities.  But you used to be able to follow the whole Application thread and get notified when a new one was posted.  

If the plan is to use a banner for each one opening up like the Cobra Connect 5 one today I don't think its a big issue though.  

This is what we don't have.  Can't follow the new "Testers Wanted" page like you could the old one:

image.png.17fabd27b7ad18368b28e3f6635a7c94.png

image.png.b864e71484864a6c4603f8a569d5c579.png

Quick test: depends

Laptop/chrome - yes
iPad/safari - yes
iPhone/chrome and safari - no/can’t find

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

It does for the individual test opportunities.  But you used to be able to follow the whole Application thread and get notified when a new one was posted.  

If the plan is to use a banner for each one opening up like the Cobra Connect 5 one today I don't think its a big issue though.  

Ah, I see - yea, so since the test section isn't technically a "forum," the IPS software doesn't allow a follow button for the entire section - just individual tests. However, knowing that, I make it a priority to create a site-wide announcement to alert everyone of the opportunity as well as sending out dedicated emails to our entire membership with a reminder a day before the test closes.

Any bets on how many signups we get for CC5? 3K for the Sub70 test blew me away...I thought it would be closer to 1-1.5k at the most.

Just now, GolfSpy_THV said:

Ah, I see - yea, so since the test section isn't technically a "forum," the IPS software doesn't allow a follow button for the entire section - just individual tests. However, knowing that, I make it a priority to create a site-wide announcement to alert everyone of the opportunity as well as sending out dedicated emails to our entire membership with a reminder a day before the test closes.

Any bets on how many signups we get for CC5? 3K for the Sub70 test blew me away...I thought it would be closer to 1-1.5k at the most.

oh man..... #CC5K sounds good! 

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

Replies will be alot but willing to bet applicants will be less due to the time requirement involved with it. I am going with 1,139 applicants....Wild guess!

Check out my reviews:

WITB: