New Testing Section - Bug Thread

13 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I got a good chuckle after my Initial double take of what the email even was. 

the. My mind started trying to figure out what sort of code it was. But after talking about things like “dev” “test” or “prod” I couldn’t make farts for any sort of IT acronym or shorthand for an environment. 

maybe it’s indie for independent open source code... and farts represents a test environment because that’s usually what happens before sh*t gets real. 🤣

IT Consultant checking in here. Tried to also think what it meant. I have no answers. 

• Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Should probably edit the addresses out for these dudes who are just giving their personal information away... Yikes. Not sure if that's a bug with the application form, or they're not following d

Hope we didn’t work me out of a job 😮

No more 45,000 quote responses to weed through?  @Golfspy_CG2 you must like that idea. 😂😂

Posted Images

Really liking the new format. I like seeing how many "applicants" there are, gives you an idea of interest VS. the replies previously that didn't give you an accurate account.

Any movement on following that entire page? (not pushing but 99% of my job is follow ups, its engrained) 

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

7 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Really liking the new format. I like seeing how many "applicants" there are, gives you an idea of interest VS. the replies previously that didn't give you an accurate account.

Any movement on following that entire page? (not pushing but 99% of my job is follow ups, its engrained) 

Does the Follow button exist for you guys?
image.png

• Like 2

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Evenflow Black 65 6.0

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

image.png

Doesnt look like it

image.png.72285d24d018e24af48b552260753e6c.png

Check out my reviews

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

image.png

It does for the individual test opportunities.  But you used to be able to follow the whole Application thread and get notified when a new one was posted.  

If the plan is to use a banner for each one opening up like the Cobra Connect 5 one today I don't think its a big issue though.  

• Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

This is what we don't have.  Can't follow the new "Testers Wanted" page like you could the old one:

image.png.17fabd27b7ad18368b28e3f6635a7c94.png

• Like 2

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

image.png.b864e71484864a6c4603f8a569d5c579.png

Quick test: depends

Laptop/chrome - yes
iPad/safari - yes
iPhone/chrome and safari - no/can’t find
  • Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

It does for the individual test opportunities.  But you used to be able to follow the whole Application thread and get notified when a new one was posted.  

If the plan is to use a banner for each one opening up like the Cobra Connect 5 one today I don't think its a big issue though.  

Ah, I see - yea, so since the test section isn't technically a "forum," the IPS software doesn't allow a follow button for the entire section - just individual tests. However, knowing that, I make it a priority to create a site-wide announcement to alert everyone of the opportunity as well as sending out dedicated emails to our entire membership with a reminder a day before the test closes.

Any bets on how many signups we get for CC5? 3K for the Sub70 test blew me away...I thought it would be closer to 1-1.5k at the most.

• Like 5

Just now, GolfSpy_THV said:

Ah, I see - yea, so since the test section isn't technically a "forum," the IPS software doesn't allow a follow button for the entire section - just individual tests. However, knowing that, I make it a priority to create a site-wide announcement to alert everyone of the opportunity as well as sending out dedicated emails to our entire membership with a reminder a day before the test closes.

Any bets on how many signups we get for CC5? 3K for the Sub70 test blew me away...I thought it would be closer to 1-1.5k at the most.

oh man..... #CC5K sounds good! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

Replies will be alot but willing to bet applicants will be less due to the time requirement involved with it. I am going with 1,139 applicants....Wild guess!

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

WITB:

With the new push to draw people ; which I think you are seeing in the sub70 thread, applications will be high. People won’t look at the requirements as they will only see the full set of clubs part.

My guess 4900.
  • Like 3

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

So I have the tapatalk MGS app on my iPhone and I do not see the place to apply for testing anywhere unless I missed it. New to the app switched to it since it gives me less spam ads than using the website on a browser.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

So I have the tapatalk MGS app on my iPhone and I do not see the place to apply for testing anywhere unless I missed it. New to the app switched to it since it gives me less spam ads than using the website on a browser.

Unfortunately the App isn't supported anymore and the test section will not be available on it. We're in the process of taking it down, in fact...

• Like 1

Unfortunately the App isn't supported anymore and the test section will not be available on it. We're in the process of taking it down, in fact...

Good to know

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I kinda miss being able to see who applies. I like seeing long time members apply so I can hope they get selected, and seeing the dudes who literally apply for everything so I can weed out the people I communicate with.

• Like 6

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Tensei AV Raw Blue

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

7 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I kinda miss being able to see who applies. I like seeing long time members apply so I can hope they get selected, and seeing the dudes who literally apply for everything so I can weed out the people I communicate with.

That I did like as well but that ticker is a nice feature

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

WITB:

[emoji15] that’s how I post 90% of the of time

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Was looking at the testing threads today and noticed that the date of the latest post on the main test screen is incorrect.  I posted at about 8:30 on Sunday 4/25 and the thread listing showed me as the last poster, but the date was Wednesday. 

I REALLY like the tasting applications not being a forum entry! Thanks for moving it! We get so many posts in the wrong areas, folks who can’t follow directions on how to apply, comments galore, and it just sits at the top of “recent content”. I can’t imagine sifting through that as a Mod! I’m all for testing applications to follow the same methodology!!!

• Like 4

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105 S, tipped 1”

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All clubs have :Arccos:  In the Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Oversize grips

Certainly seems like it is a smoother process right now. I can't say I have seen any misplaced applicants in the CC5 thread and that is saying a lot. 
I really agree and like to move to where it is and it is nice that when following a test the notifications you are getting are for actual comments and not just applications. 
I use the mobile version, but will there a replacement app if the one is taken down or is it a goner?

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)