TESTERS WANTED! ×

?What is your biggest frustration?

alexagt

Hi Everyone, I was discussing with some buddys what we find the most frustrating thing about golf and or golf fitness... some interesting answers!

For example one chap who is a PGA teaching pro said that, "every year I have to practice and train more just to maintain my level of play and flexibility"

What are yours??

Cheers,

Alex

Lower your scores, hit longer drives and increase your shot consistency.

www.athleticgolftraining.com

2 Things:

1. Lack of consistency. One day I can shoot low 80's, the next day I'll go high 90's. On the range I can drive 8 out of 10 down the imaginary fairway and on the course it's just slices and hooks.

But I've learned to live with it... I mean it happens to Tiger... it must happen to the average Joe!

2. Not being able to live playing golf every day! :P

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Not being able to play as much as I like and the #1, course management! It always happens, go in thinking play safe and then I turn into a young Sergio or present day Phil and go for it. Results speak for themselves :)

Good one. I'll take that thread in another direction: when you think through a shot/situation carefully and the results still stink. Case in point from this morning's dreadful 9 hole expedition: 1st hole, and I'm stuck right between 8I and 7I. I figure that it's early and cold, so take more club. Good thinking, right? It was good thinking, until I pured 7I over the green. Stupid game.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

My current biggest frustration is my inability to consistently focus throughout a round. I'll be cruising along fine and then seemingly out of nowhere comes the big number! I'll think back on the shot that caused it and realize that I'd done nothing that I try to practice and focus on for that swing. Its like my brain just abandoned me for no reason!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Golfing with players who play 5 times a year and expect to GIR every hole and then have a meltdown when they dont.

I try not to cuss or act out in a negative way ( which I carry over to the next hole ) if I do let the 5 year old out I apologize to my playing partners.

Now that is not to say I am a robot, I do celebrate good shots by me or the others.

CONSISTENCY!!!!! And the fact that I can visualize the shot perfectly and not be able to complete it..

Lost balls because I forget where they go.. Guess that's part of getting old.

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

My current biggest frustration is my inability to consistently focus throughout a round. I'll be cruising along fine and then seemingly out of nowhere comes the big number! I'll think back on the shot that caused it and realize that I'd done nothing that I try to practice and focus on for that swing. Its like my brain just abandoned me for no reason!

Keep an eye out over the next couple of weeks for a review that might help with this problem ;)

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Good one. I'll take that thread in another direction: when you think through a shot/situation carefully and the results still stink. Case in point from this morning's dreadful 9 hole expedition: 1st hole, and I'm stuck right between 8I and 7I. I figure that it's early and cold, so take more club. Good thinking, right? It was good thinking, until I pured 7I over the green. Stupid game.

That is golf! You think the given situation out, check your rangefinder and everything is set until the trigger gets pulled. A muscle twitches and that is it. Funny thing, I would imagine most people played other sports or still do before golf came calling.

I was lucky that I could adapt to a new sport and play it fairly well, quickly. Thought golf would be the same and I was wrong as it is a continuous work in progress. The only real thing that carried over was good eye, hand coordination.

Really hoping for the day when everything is going in the same direction and working as I hope for.

Very amusing these comments. Not that they are funny, just that golfers of all ages and abilities around the world have the same frustrations.

Many of those mentioned above I have suffered from at least once!

Golf is a physical game that requires tough concentration, it is also a game that entails many more physical elements than individuals like to accept. This might interest you http://athleticgolftraining.com/enhance-consistency-concentration-golf-training

The one bad swing that costs you is a common problem, and it is why we love this challenging game.

Perfection is unattainable but it is sure fun trying for it :-)

Cheers,

Alex

Lower your scores, hit longer drives and increase your shot consistency.

www.athleticgolftraining.com

Archived