Can I break 80 before the baby (6 months)

37 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

Looks like the countdown is on 4 weeks likely left. I’ve come close and I know if I were to play an easier course it would happen but I’m hot budging yet. Breaking 80 with a slope of 140 here I come!

You got this, though don't let this turn into your wife just wants this to end and you want the baby to come late to get that score in 😁

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

Just saw the thread congrats on baby and keep the faith on breaking 80.  My golf buddy has been on the disabled list due to shoulder surgery for over a year and he resumes golf in late Oct. I started a quest to  improve my game and remake my swing 2 months ago before he gets back to golf.  I’m a 16 HDC and my ultimate goal is to lower HDC to a 10.  My ball flight has changed and I am a better ball striker still working on bringing it from the range to the course. Reading your journey notes is inspiring me to keep plugging away 

Just came across the thread.. good on you to have a solid goal. Skimmed through the various posts, didn't see anything about your scrambling or fairway stats, only putting and a couple of GIRs. You mentioned playing one up from the tips, generally 'blue'. Why not white? What club is your approach club, on average? Jack backed "Tee It Forward" a couple of years ago, terrific initiative. Too many golfers are hitting woods, hybrids or long irons into greens more often than not. Game is heck of a lot more fun with a wedge or 8 iron in to the green, and really, how it is meant to be played.
Cheers

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 9:49 AM, Svo said:

Just came across the thread.. good on you to have a solid goal. Skimmed through the various posts, didn't see anything about your scrambling or fairway stats, only putting and a couple of GIRs. You mentioned playing one up from the tips, generally 'blue'. Why not white? What club is your approach club, on average? Jack backed "Tee It Forward" a couple of years ago, terrific initiative. Too many golfers are hitting woods, hybrids or long irons into greens more often than not. Game is heck of a lot more fun with a wedge or 8 iron in to the green, and really, how it is meant to be played.
Cheers

White plays a bit too short, in my instance I might only hit driver ~6 times, It really turns the course into fairway woods and wedges, whereas playing from the hybrid the white/gold combo and gold alone I can use driver 9-10x which is just the right amount. It's not the distance itself for why I haven't broke 80, until this weekend but the fact of the course being that hard. Even the hybrid slope rating is 136, and the slope from gold is 140. It's not an easy course by any means, Distance wise it's not a problem ~6700 from the golds is the max I can play and the course typically plays quite fast in the fairway, the hybrid are about ~6400 which is optimal, the white tees just plainly aren't that much fun to play on. The younger guys like myself actually dread playing them during member events because hitting driver on a lot of holes provides really no benefit. 

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Well I said I wanted to break 80 from the golds, but I broke 80 this weekend from the gold/white combo tees playing ~6400. I played a round Friday and showed up to the course not really wanting to play the gold or white tees so I played the combo,I wasn't even really thinking about it, I went in 4 over at the turn. Typically the back is harder for me walking because of fatigue. I played fantastic on the back hitting just about all the GIR, knocked down a wonderful shot on the par 11 and 17. It seemed that everything was going right, I even tested my luck on 18 going for the green in 2, but to much chagrin I feel about 50 yards short landing in the rough vs the fairway where I might have had a chance. The worst part is it never felt like a sub 80 round, Just a few bogeys and all pars, I dodged the big miss all day, kept the ball in play and did what I needed to do. I still want to break it from the gold, but the hybrid tees are a nice consolation!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

Well I said I wanted to break 80 from the golds, but I broke 80 this weekend from the gold/white combo tees playing ~6400. I played a round Friday and showed up to the course not really wanting to play the gold or white tees so I played the combo,I wasn't even really thinking about it, I went in 4 over at the turn. Typically the back is harder for me walking because of fatigue. I played fantastic on the back hitting just about all the GIR, knocked down a wonderful shot on the par 11 and 17. It seemed that everything was going right, I even tested my luck on 18 going for the green in 2, but to much chagrin I feel about 50 yards short landing in the rough vs the fairway where I might have had a chance. The worst part is it never felt like a sub 80 round, Just a few bogeys and all pars, I dodged the big miss all day, kept the ball in play and did what I needed to do. I still want to break it from the gold, but the hybrid tees are a nice consolation!!

Awesome! Congrats on the big achievement.

• Like 1

Take Dead Aim

1 hour ago, RollingGreens said:

Still a great accomplishment and the funny thing is those rounds kinds always feel this way, nothing spectacular just steady. As I am sure the better players on this site will note good golf is kinda boring golf. I have only played boring golf a few times, but it has been fun in its own way. Now hopefully those rounds keep coming.

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

• 2 months later...

I haven’t picked up a golf club to swing in about 2.5 weeks. It’s been rough. Really getting the itch to play some simulator golf now that the weather isn’t allowing for any outdoor golf. Recently changed my work schedule that should allow for me to have at least 3-4 golf days per week. At least 2 days being devoted to the driving range with 1 day in the weekend being for a round with the weekend crew and possibly another day being for a league night/practice/ or a evening round with my wife. Having a child hasn’t been easy, but managing my time has made it doable towards the end of the year to still play golf. I would say I actually played a lot better at the end of the year because I wasn’t working through anything with my swing. A bad shot was just a bad shot. Finishing the year with my index just above 8 was a great surprise to me. The next thing I want to work on next year is getting below a 5 which will be a huge challenge. My putting and wedges will have to get a bit better but I think it’s a attainable goal

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It’s the most content I have been with my golf game going into next year. Not really looking for any news clubs or even lessons. I seem to have developed the understanding for what I need to do to be successful off the tee with the inside vs over the top approach. My iron swing has been very reproducible.  I think the only thing I am torn about is putting in the effort to go for scratch this year or being content on where my game is. 
nothing wrong on having an index of 8. I can play with anyone of any skill level and it translates to courses of varied difficulties.

• Like 2