TESTERS WANTED! ×

Rife goes Line-Less for LPGA player

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Got these pics from LaMont at MannKrafted...here is what he said about the putter:

"Here is a picture of a putter made for an LPGA player who has determined that her brain processes non-linear pictures better than linear. It is one of the new Tour-Only Deep Blue putters, by Guerin Rife.

This is one solid putter, for sure. The MOI on it has to be off the charts.

Rife is making a great effort to get their tour players the exact putter they want, even if it means going outside the normal channels of custom work. ;-)"

rife-no-sight-lines-1.jpg

rife-no-sight-lines-2.jpg

#TruthDigest

Thought it had a sight dot?

2010_01270004.jpg

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Yeah he did. There was a thread on PTG with more info and pics.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Weird, lines always seem to help me. My Nike Unitized had a dot, but my Scotty has a line. I just like the line better.

I wonder how she deduced that her brain processes non-liner processes better than linear ones?

I'm confused. Does LaMont just make custom modifications to putters or does he have his own line too? BTW, I tried to go to the MannKrafted site off a google search and it looks like the site is down. :angry:

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Weird, lines always seem to help me. My Nike Unitized had a dot, but my Scotty has a line. I just like the line better.

I wonder how she deduced that her brain processes non-liner processes better than linear ones?

I discovered that by trying a putt with no alignment aids after years of sight lines. I find that I putt MUCH better with dots or nothing compared to lines.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I'm confused. Does LaMont just make custom modifications to putters or does he have his own line too? BTW, I tried to go to the MannKrafted site off a google search and it looks like the site is down. ;)

He does both. He's been doing modifications and refinishes for a while, and his own line was started more recently. He's also a part of Sunset Beach putters.

• SPY VIP

He does both. He's been doing modifications and refinishes for a while, and his own line was started more recently. He's also a part of Sunset Beach putters.

He is on the boards here now too. You can PM him directly with questions about his work.

What a benefit of this community!

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Thanks for the comments on my work, guys. It was an honor to have this project offered my way. The work that I did is only after the putter was completely made by Rife's guys. It is an awesome piece of putting machinery that is going to really turn some heads when they go retail.

The first picture is of the back-up putter that I was asked to create, very recently. Her first putter got the site dot, while the second did not. In all honesty, it may have been a detail left out in the communication between my contact at Rife and myself. If she wants that dot, she'll most certainly get it. The player loves this look and I can't wait to see it on the short grass, gracing the television in her hands.

I am very excited to be part of this forum and look forward to the coming months of new developments. Keep your eyes peeled. As it was mentioned, I do have my own limited line, but also do the putter crafting for Sunset Beach. 2010 will bring some exciting stuff for both companies, so hang on tight.

Thanks again, and thanks to SPY for putting this one out there.

LaMont in AZ

I apologize, but I am not going to throw that exact number out, right now. Funny thing about people and their putters? If a person rolls a putter and loves it, finding out the weight, after-the-fact, can heavily influence their feelings about it. No way on God's green earth, do I want to have any change in the way that the gorgeous lady who rolls this putter, feels about it.

I will say that it is slightly above what is considered by the masses to be "Tour Weight".

Sorry, for the lack of specifics. Just being careful, ;-)

LaMont in AZ

• SPY VIP

I apologize, but I am not going to throw that exact number out, right now. Funny thing about people and their putters? If a person rolls a putter and loves it, finding out the weight, after-the-fact, can heavily influence their feelings about it. No way on God's green earth, do I want to have any change in the way that the gorgeous lady who rolls this putter, feels about it.

I will say that it is slightly above what is considered by the masses to be "Tour Weight".

LaMont in AZ

That was better than a number for me. :D

Mojo is Mojo

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

LaMont in AZ

I definitely understand this one. Golf is played in the inches between your ears, and many times what you believe is more important than the truth. Truth is, the putter looks great and I'm sure she'll roll it great!

Archived