Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Unofficial Review: Fiix Elbow by Stā Active

Tarheelvolvo

Sta-Active-4.jpg

While this has been mainly handled by the blog and manufacturer staff, we thought it a good idea for our membership to get involved and ask questions, learn about the device from testers, and see if this solution would be good for those sufferers of tendonitis. Hopefully the Fiix Elbow by Stā Active can assist some members!

I have personally invited all testers to join us in this thread, so feel free to start posting questions!

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

I guess my first question would be if any of the testers saw a medical professional and did any physical therapy for the elbow pain and if the device helped more than therapy. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I’m based in the Ocean State, am an entrepreneur with a small business, and was a regular golfer until about 2011. I would hit the driving range and the course at every chance I got. Then our daughter was born and priorities changed.  Both my wife and I are immigrants, who came here for our Master’s, not Masters (I wish). No family support, just us (we met in school in RI). Once our daughter was born, it was just us, no family support, so we tag team and get things done. Passion and hobbies then take a back seat. My clubs ended up in the shed until our daughter turned 8 and started showing interest in the game. My clubs came out of hiding, and she, now 10, is my best golfing buddy, or as she considers me…her caddie!

The journey so far has been riddled with Tennis Elbow pains. Certain days, where trying to reach for the TV remote, or even pressing buttons on it is excruciating, let alone lifting a gallon of milk, or raking leaves, or of course swinging a club. Thankfully there are slightly more of better days than bad ones. A lot of temporary comfort in the last few years is attributed to regular visits to the Chiropractor, exercises given by them and a physical therapist friend, applying ice, OTC pain killers, wearing a brace, and not to mention YouTube tips.

I have been very excited since learning about Fiix Elbow, and am looking forward to sharing my experience with everyone here, and hopefully will also be able to answer questions along the way!

Edited by Samird

First thank you MGS and John at Sta active Fiix Elbow for this opportunity. Before I write my review I am long time golfer of over 25years.  I am an avid golfer and who loves to pound balls all day.  My handicap is zero and my equipment is alway the latest.  I am also a club tinker and a junky.  Now that I got that off my chest let me tell you about my body.  I am in pretty good shape and my shirt and pants size hasn’t changed since high school.  I try to workout as much as I can but with work and three kids I am lucky to hit the gym once a week.  I have tendinitis on both shoulda but I have been exercising them so they have been feeling pretty good.  My tennis elbow along with my golf elbow started acting up this winter when I was hitting balls off the mat. When this opportunity came up to test this never heard devise (just to me) I wanted to enter. I was CHOSEN. I looked on YouTube to see how to work it and I was excited to try it.  When the Fiix Elbow came I charged it over night and prepared my self to try it the following day.  I put the ointment on that smelled awesome and placed the device on my upper fore arm like the direction it came with.  I stated with 5 minutes as it was instructed. The felling was wild. Little pain along with soothing massage sensation. I did have to adjust it on my arm to get the best effect but once I found where was suppose to go it was heaven.  After the first use my arm felt great.  I was able to move my arm better without pain.  After an hour I started to feel the pain come back but that was a improvement since I always felt the pain.  I looked forward to using it again. John emailed me with the proper use of the device and I have been following them. I use it 3 days a week and increased one additional minute each use.  I have officially had this device for 9 days now and up to nine minutes each session.  I am seeing vast improvements and along with the exercises it’s really working.  I know it’s still early I look to see how it will feel after every week.  I will post my weekly improvements. As of now it’s all great. Thanks for your time fellow golfers and I will keep all of you informed.  

Wk

95E554B1-224F-4306-A743-665C1CD4A431.jpeg

F0502177-F9D9-4188-B2BA-5A6C0AA63999.jpeg

Always tinkering

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Fiix Elbow testers, I hope you are doing well?  With most of you about 2-3 weeks into your treatment we're curious to hear how things are going.  Typically the first 1-3 weeks on the treatment protocol comes with a slight increase in pain and soreness in elbow.  Please share how things have been going for you up to this point. 

Thanks! 

John C.  

Always Stā Active

As I enter into the second full week of my Stā Active treatment, I thought it would be a good time to share my “first impressions”, and my introduction to Fiix Elbow.

First Impressions:

Simple, attractive, and a good quality packaging.  The contents:

-          The Fiix Elbow device

-          Charger/Power Supply

-          Arm Strap

-          Emollient

-          Owner’s manual and a Quick Start

My Intro to the Stā Active Fiix Elbow:

Took it out of the box, went through the quick start guide and owner’s guide.

Plugged in the device to charge, expecting it to light up, or maybe show some indication of the battery being charged, but it needs to be switched on for you to see the battery level flashing, which clearly shows the charge level.

Fiix Elbow itself feels like a quality device. It also seems quite simple to operate, and not at all overly complicated with unnecessary buttons or display icons on it’s large LCD screen.

Attaching the strap to it was fairly simple, though positioning it on my arm took a little effort on my part (frankly about 2-3 sessions). I was in fact making it a little more complicated that it had to be, trying to position it on the tendon. Went back to the 'getting started' video link provided, watched it a couple of times, and that simplified it quite a bit. It simply needs to be positioned so you can see and read the screen easily.

After applying a small amount of emollient to the arm, I strapped on the device, and started my first 5 min treatment. I did not want to overdo it for my first session, thus kept adjusting the strap to reduce/increase the pressure.

The second time was a little easier. It was my first 10 min treatment. I might have enthusiastically over tightened the strap, and noticed a small bruise where the massage element were working (Initially concerning, but is actually mentioned in the user’s guide). It went away the following day.

I’m now in my second full week of treatment, along with the stretching exercises provided, and can definitely feel the pain during the normal course of the day, which is expected.

On a side note - Not to overly stress the ease of use of this device, but the other night I realized that I missed my session that day. It was after dinner…I went ahead, strapped it on, and continued watching TV while Fiix Elbow did it’s thing. Even though sometimes it’s a little painful, it feels like it’s doing what it’s supposed to, and I look forward to my treatment sessions now. As far as how effective it overall is, I think we’ll find out in the next few weeks, and I’ll continue to share my experience with all of you.

IMG_9288.jpg

IMG_9289.jpg

IMG_9746.jpg

IMG_9750.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

As I am finishing week 6 of my test/experience of Stā Active Fiix Elbow, I think I should put a quick update on how things are progressing for me.

I have been very diligent about my 3 days a week, 10 min each session regime with Stā Active. I wish I could say the same thing about my exercises that go along with it. I have missed a day here and there of them. That being said, my elbow hasn’t felt better in years. Being in the Northeast, Spring gets to be a little busy for me with the beginning of golf season, yard cleanup/maintenance, pool opening, and random diy projects which I force upon myself, like putting a pond in our backyard.

In the past, Spring is typically the most painful time of the year for me. My activities would end abruptly due to Tennis Elbow pain, and I would rely on prescription strength pain killers to get through. Though I’ve experienced pain off and on this year due to my activities, it’s nowhere close to what I would usually go through, and I’m thankful for that.

I can confidently say that if I was a little more careful with my activities, took it easy until my treatment was fully completed, and did all my strengthening exercises without fail, I would be in an even better position. Even after that, I have never felt better in years and I’m very fortunate to get the opportunity to try Stā Active Fiix Elbow.

Looking forward to finishing my treatment regime in the next couple of weeks, and getting into the recovery period following that.  

Ok I want to give an update how my elbow is doing with the FIIX Elbow.  My elbow must of been really messed up because I still feel the pain at times.  It doesnt help that I am still pounding balls.  I think without the device I would have to stop practicing altogether.  I use it 3x a week and exercise my elbow.  The pain comes and goes but its especially bad in the mornings.  I will continue to use the Fiix Elbow and see how it will be.  

wk

Always tinkering

• 3 months later...

Ok Guys its been officially 4 months that I have been actively using this device.  When I stated I could not palm any objects to pick up or simply bend my elbow.  I am happy to say my elbow is over 90% better and I do not have to worry about pain after my round and when I am living my life.  I was very skeptical but this was a life saver for me.  I wouldn't know what i would of done if I could not play or hit balls.  Thank you Sta active for this opportunity to test their product.  I have recommended to my of my friends and acquaintances.  I will continue to use it to keep the pain away.  Thank you.

Wk 

Always tinkering