Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Has it really been that long already?

GolfSpy_APH

How long have you been part of the MGS community?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. MGS Member Length

• Less then a year
    • 1-2 Years
    • 2-3 Years
    • 3-4 Years
    • 4-5 Years
    • More then 5 years

Congratulations on the milestone.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Rather then starting a new thread I will just add another post as I (finally) hit 2000k posts! Granted well over 10% of them are in Fantasy Golf, but still a cool milestone that I have been tracking since I started this one. Thank you all for following along and reading the content I have put out for better or for worse and just happy to have this community to reach out to for not only golf, but life and so much more!
IMG_20190716_081025.jpg.fe922a592d3936a2f9f049fce79e114d.jpg
Of course it couldn't be a celebration post without my main pup and one of my favorite rounds of golf. Cobra Connect 4 club Challenge with Apollo. Got through 8 holes 1 under, followed by a double and a great stretch for 4 more and another double. In the end was a great round and had the best caddie ever!

Congrats on 2k always enjoy seeing your content!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Thanks all, it has been a lot of fun to be here and take part in way too many different threads over the years. Can't quite believe I even hit 2k, seems like way way too many, but time certainly does fly and apparently so do the posts!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• 9 months later...

Another year makes it 6! 

I'm a little early as the actual date is in a few weeks, but with vacation coming an event where I get the pleasure of working 160+ hours in 9 days and the normal forum stuff this morning is just as good as any to drudge up this old thread again. 

This year has been a special one. Since the last time posting in this I've had the pleasure of joining the Mod team and at least in my eyes going a lot done over this time. We managed to rework and debug the new testing system, bring back the community map, had some fun with some new themes, select some 100 or testers and searching through countless others. It has been a lot of work, but a lot of fun taking on this new role and I look forward to continuing even if it is in a slightly different fashion from the last year or so. 

I was fortunate to make a second straight superbowl with the Fantasy Football league and come up short in 2nd ... grr ... and make another run at the Fantasy Golf playoffs. I also got to use my GT from golf on the Rapsodo which will be broken back out with the nice weather again!

However I think the last big highlight(s) of the last year has been getting to know a lot more of you much better over the year. Whether through testing, focus groups, fantasy leagues and much more it has been a very eventful year and I hope that we can enjoy much of the same this year!

Outside of MGS this was an extremely eventful year.
Got married to an incredible girl Allyssa who has not only been a great wife, but an amazing mother....
Oh yeah had my first child. Ivan, who has been a dream so far and just brings so much joy into our lives. 
Took part of my 10th World Curling Federation Event as an Ice Technician in a short 5 years (#11 coming up quickly)
Had a nice trip to Kazakhstan for one of those, great ppl, good food. 
Countless walks with the dogs and adventures
Had my parents visit from western Canada for their first time in Switzerland!
Runner up (i'm sensing a theme here) at the Club Championships at my home club (curling) in my first year playing since 2018. 
That and so much more which I'm sure that I've missed. 

Thank you all for making this such a great place and one that I thoroughly enjoy spending time in and working for all of you as a membership group. There really is no better other online community! 

IMG-20220403-WA0013.jpg

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

58 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Another year makes it 6! 

I'm a little early as the actual date is in a few weeks, but with vacation coming an event where I get the pleasure of working 160+ hours in 9 days and the normal forum stuff this morning is just as good as any to drudge up this old thread again. 

This year has been a special one. Since the last time posting in this I've had the pleasure of joining the Mod team and at least in my eyes going a lot done over this time. We managed to rework and debug the new testing system, bring back the community map, had some fun with some new themes, select some 100 or testers and searching through countless others. It has been a lot of work, but a lot of fun taking on this new role and I look forward to continuing even if it is in a slightly different fashion from the last year or so. 

I was fortunate to make a second straight superbowl with the Fantasy Football league and come up short in 2nd ... grr ... and make another run at the Fantasy Golf playoffs. I also got to use my GT from golf on the Rapsodo which will be broken back out with the nice weather again!

However I think the last big highlight(s) of the last year has been getting to know a lot more of you much better over the year. Whether through testing, focus groups, fantasy leagues and much more it has been a very eventful year and I hope that we can enjoy much of the same this year!

Got married to an incredible girl Allyssa who has not only been a great wife, but an amazing mother....
Oh yeah had my first child. Ivan, who has been a dream so far and just brings so much joy into our lives. 
Took part of my 10th World Curling Federation Event as an Ice Technician in a short 5 years (#11 coming up quickly)
Runner up (i'm sensing a theme here) at the Club Championships at my home club (curling) in my first year playing since 2018. 

Thank you all for making this such a great place and one that I thoroughly enjoy spending time in and working for all of you as a membership group. There really is no better other online community! 

IMG-20220403-WA0013.jpg

Again congrats on all of your personal life firsts. A lot in a year!

and as part of this community thank you for all the work you put in, the forum is better with you in it and running it!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Now that’s a jam packed year. Congrats

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Congrats on all the accomplishments and all you do for the forum.  I trolled for about 2 years for reviews and such but then eventually got into the forum. Just started my 5th year. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Time flies when you're having fun, right?

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

14 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Time flies when you're having fun, right?

It was something... fun, difficult, exhausting, frustrating, exciting, rewarding and a whole lot of other things along the way... but yeah fun is part of it!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

WOW 11 1/2 for me 12 in December---- LOL I had to look it up

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

It's been a fun and incredible ride following along with you another year. Congratulations on all the wonderful things that have happened in your personal life this year. Seeing you getting married and having a beautiful boy this past year has been amazing! I'm truly happy for you, you're a great person and deserve all the happiness you've had this past year. 

It's been a pleasure having you join the mod team and you've been a wonderful addition to the already phenomenal crew we already had. One enjoyed the interactions we've had through beta testing and in the fantasy leagues. Thank you for all the hard work you've put in behind the scenes to make this the best place to talk golf and life.

Here's to another good year for you!

Congratulations on the milestone Jamie!  Time does indeed fly by and I am here to tell you that when "older people" tell you it goes by even faster as your time here on planet earth rolls along, believe them 🙂.  As I stated in my very first MGS post, I found this site by accident (searching for info on irons) and it's been a whole lot of fun interacting with the forum members, learning tons, and getting to meet and play golf with some.

So here's a question... who is the longest standing member of the forum?  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

17 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Another year makes it 6! 

IMG-20220403-WA0013.jpg

Congratulations... you've been busy!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 years for me this summer.  

The forum sure has changed in those 9 years.  

Some great people seemingly moved on; more great people have moved in; and the forum keeps rolling along.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 4/11/2022 at 3:07 PM, BIG STU said:

WOW 11 1/2 for me 12 in December---- LOL I had to look it up

Wow! You must be amongst the "contenders" in the longest tenure members.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Tomorrow will be 7 for me since signing up but the first couple years probably shouldn’t count lol

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

2 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Tomorrow will be 7 for me since signing up but the first couple years probably shouldn’t count lol

I believe that is like a lot of us. Came for the testing, first X amount of posts all just signing up for tests and hoping to get picked then eventually finding something else on the forum that we liked till the point where we got hooked and now we are at where we are! 

Maybe I should start a new thread and having everyone repost their first real non application for testing post. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Wow! You must be amongst the "contenders" in the longest tenure members.

Thanks Fozzy and Rev were here when I came ----- And I am thinking Carolina Golfer was too

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 2 months later...

Every milestone I hit I post here... most recently just broke the 3000 post mark! Woohoo that is a lot of typing! 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Every milestone I hit I post here... most recently just broke the 3000 post mark! Woohoo that is a lot of typing! 

Congratulations!  Keep 'em coming!!

I'm still a newbie here with 3 years and change

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

• 4 months later...
On 4/21/2021 at 9:19 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

5 Years…. A week from today celebrates 5 years of being on MGS Forums as a member. I wanted to post this on the day of, but looks like next week will be insanely busy so this drops early!
It has been quite a journey and looking back a lot has happened over those 5 years. Not only just in life, but in my MGS Forum life!

The MGS Highlights
- Meet and golf with @nunfa0 in NZ (Twice!)
- Taken part in 3 completely different testing opportunities

- Taken part in the 4 club Connect Cobra Challenge
- Posted over 1600 times
- Made the finals of MGS Fantasy Football (2020 season)
- Won the 2020 MGS Fantasy Golf Golden TIcket (prize tbd)
- Gain several new friends and learn a lot from the best online community
- Somehow got a community reputation nearing 2700
- Become a yearly donor
- Countless hours of reading and too many reactions given
- More golf knowledge then I could have ever imagined being learned, but still learning!
And so much more

I cannot stress enough how much this community means to me, from the Fantasy sports, testing opportunities and reviews done by all, to the everyday interactions this has become an incredible part of my life and a community I am very proud to be a part of. The insight a lot of people have here as well as the pure love of golf is toxic in a good way and its great to see the membership and forum grow. With new updates each year to the forum and improvements made with each season it is exciting to be a part of and watch it evolve. 

The forum has changed a lot over the years, as to have the staff and the increase of membership is phenomenal. I know there are a of lot members who have been here longer or posted a lot more, but I am very proud of my involvement here and happy to give back to this community as it has given me so much for so little in return.

I also went back and looked at my old posts to see where and what my first posts were. Of course like many my first posts were applications for testing. Although I could have sworn it was for Ben Hogan irons, it was actually Cobra F6 Tec Flow irons.

My first “real” post was on a Survey MGS put out and well I’ll link it here.

This post came nearly 6 months after joining. What was your first ever real non testing application post? 

First picture I posted was of course Apollo- 

Admittedly I was apprehensive about posting and lurked around reading and applying for testing opportunities. I wasn’t confident in my golfing knowledge and had never been a part of a internet community outside of facebook. It took about a full year of being a member before I started contributing regularly and that also coincided with me getting a golf membership and playing more frequently. 

To sum up thank you to all those who I have met and engaged with along the way and hope to be able to meet and play more rounds with many of you in the future!

Another milestone reached. 4000 posts!

Which is scary to think because I posted this thread April of 2021 and had just over 1600. Looks like I have been putting some work in! 

I love coming back to this thread and posting new milestones. This year has been a special one. Even though not through the most normal circumstances I am was first very happy to be named a mod, which I believe I discussed in a earlier post, however now with some good fortune and hard work I was able to step up and become the lead mod for the forum or main admin. 

I've said this a bunch before, but I will say it again. This community means so much to me and what we have here on this forum is truly unique. No other place I have been on is like this one. We have a great community and so many exciting things to come for the forum. 

There truly are too many to thank individually, but the mod team both past and current big shout out to all of you. This place would not be what it is if not for you guys and of course everyone here who participates and takes time out of their day to share their experiences or stories or really anything. 

Thank you! 

I am very proud of hitting 4k and actually never considered ever cracking more then 3k. Lots of posting to do to catch up to those all time leaders, but don't worry I am coming for you!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Congratulations on another significant milestone Jamie! Getting to 4000 posts is a big one. I don't think this is said enough, but you and the other mods are doing a fantastic job with the forum and I love seeing you guys on here posting. I think you all have the forum going in the right direction and look forward to what the future holds. 

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Another milestone reached. 4000 posts!

Which is scary to think because I posted this thread April of 2021 and had just over 1600. Looks like I have been putting some work in! 

I love coming back to this thread and posting new milestones. This year has been a special one. Even though not through the most normal circumstances I am was first very happy to be named a mod, which I believe I discussed in a earlier post, however now with some good fortune and hard work I was able to step up and become the lead mod for the forum or main admin. 

I've said this a bunch before, but I will say it again. This community means so much to me and what we have here on this forum is truly unique. No other place I have been on is like this one. We have a great community and so many exciting things to come for the forum. 

There truly are too many to thank individually, but the mod team both past and current big shout out to all of you. This place would not be what it is if not for you guys and of course everyone here who participates and takes time out of their day to share their experiences or stories or really anything. 

Thank you! 

I am very proud of hitting 4k and actually never considered ever cracking more then 3k. Lots of posting to do to catch up to those all time leaders, but don't worry I am coming for you!

That is AWESOME Jamie!!  Thanks for showing me it can be done!!!  I'm just over 1500, and it is hard to imagine 4000. Thanks for all you do to engage all of the members here at the MGS Forum.  Congrats!!

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Congrats!  We might not be the biggest forum but we gotta be up there in quality of the members 🙂

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s