Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Has it really been that long already?

GolfSpy_APH

How long have you been part of the MGS community?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. MGS Member Length

• Less then a year
    • 1-2 Years
    • 2-3 Years
    • 3-4 Years
    • 4-5 Years
    • More then 5 years

10 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

That is AWESOME Jamie!!  Thanks for showing me it can be done!!!  I'm just over 1500, and it is hard to imagine 4000. Thanks for all you do to engage all of the members here at the MGS Forum.  Congrats!!

You'll get there Tim; seems like you've had 500 in the last couple of months!!  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 months later...
On 11/20/2022 at 9:04 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Another milestone reached. 4000 posts!

Which is scary to think because I posted this thread April of 2021 and had just over 1600. Looks like I have been putting some work in! 

I love coming back to this thread and posting new milestones. This year has been a special one. Even though not through the most normal circumstances I am was first very happy to be named a mod, which I believe I discussed in a earlier post, however now with some good fortune and hard work I was able to step up and become the lead mod for the forum or main admin. 

I've said this a bunch before, but I will say it again. This community means so much to me and what we have here on this forum is truly unique. No other place I have been on is like this one. We have a great community and so many exciting things to come for the forum. 

There truly are too many to thank individually, but the mod team both past and current big shout out to all of you. This place would not be what it is if not for you guys and of course everyone here who participates and takes time out of their day to share their experiences or stories or really anything. 

Thank you! 

I am very proud of hitting 4k and actually never considered ever cracking more then 3k. Lots of posting to do to catch up to those all time leaders, but don't worry I am coming for you!

I did not expect to be back to this thread this quickly. 

As said in the quoted posts I started this thread in April of 2021 so less than 2 years ago and had a total of 1600 or so posts. Then end of November I managed to get to 4000 and now 2 and half months later we are here again. 

5000 posts!

I really can't add much to what I have said before. 

I am so thankful to be part of the leadership team. I am very excited for what the future holds for this forum and us as a golfing community. 

Yes, I may have a problem with spending too much time on the site, but really it is all of your faults for making it so enjoying to be and spend time on. 

Thank you all and see you in another 2 months for 6k?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

It will be 7 years this summer.  

Grateful MGS and all the friends I have here are such a big part of each day for me. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

This thread just made me look at my own profile...where have all the years gone!?  This game sure is something else.  You guys are okay too 😆

Thanks for all the time and dedication to the forum, Jamie!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

• 2 months later...

Another year another milestone year on the Forum. 

I know this thread is a little self serving, but I love looking back on it. 

I have now been a member of the MGS forum for 7 years.

So much has changed from when I first joined and a lot is still changing. It also took maybe a bit longer than expected after a good post run, but I did manage to crack 6 thousand which is ridiculous. Thank you all for putting up with my ramblings. 

2023 for me is a special year. In life and the forum.

My son turned 1 and is now running around the house which is helping create so many new memories. We are soon welcoming a daughter into our family. I turn half way to 70 in early June. My wife and I will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary this June as well. We will have been in Switzerland for 3 years and just so much more. 

On the forum side I could not be more pleased. 

Our Forum from the start of 2023 has been climbing and growing. We had hit what was about as low as lows get and now looking at the month of April we have had one of our busiest months ever. I am talking going back to 2010 when the forum started, April of 2023 has had one of the single busiest months as far as participation and growth in that timeframe. 

A huge thanks to all the members new and old, the forum staff who are working their tails off to get this place where it is now and more importantly improving it for years to come. 

Some forum highlights for me (some date into 2022 a bit) are

- The MGS Virtual Tour - so cool to see this take off and member posting their rounds each week. 
- Community Calls - again just great to see so many making this part of their weekly schedule.
- Our Member Testing Schedule... yes we still have several bangers lined up to come!
- Member Streaks - I WILL NOT BE BEAT hehe
- The pure excitement from the new people we have selected for testing. It is so exciting and cool to see. 
- Our Instagram account and its growth. We are still small, but been fun to see it grow bit by bit. 

Truthfully there is so much more and with a few announcements coming soon we have some other seriously cool stuff coming to the forum. Hopefully next season I can make the trip to the outting as it is on my list and yeah just a big thank you to everyone on the forum. 

To the best golfing community on the web thank you for being as great as you are and it is truly an honor to be part of the Forum Staff leading this community!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I think it's good to look back and reflect on your time on the forum. It's always fascinating to see how long you've been a member and how things have changed and grown during that time. 

Congratulations on celebrating 7 years as a member here, Jamie! Since I've been here, you've always been a wonderful person to interact with and now with the community call, it's a better way to get to know who you are. You've done an amazing job as the forum director in moving the forum in the right direction along with our fantastic group of moderators. I don't think we would be where we are without the leadership team. It's great to see that everything is trending in a positive direction.