Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Looking for a Lob Wedge

Soxx22

All the brands make good wedges. The key is to find the one that matches your swing, playing conditions and how you use it.

The high toe from TM is a good options as is a PM grind for non typical type wedges. The D grind from Vokey is pretty popular this year. The k grind got lots a love and the L grind is a favorite for some.

The options on the market today is pretty vast and recommendations would be based on people’s likes and may or may not work for you.

Some of the brands websites have a fitting tool to help get the right wedge. This would probably be the best place to start. It will give you an idea of what works.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I love my low bounce 58 jb from sub70... $110 with my length, grip and shaft...

as others have said, plenty of good oem options... just depends on what you want.

i went low bounce because my sand wedge is high bounce and I like the blend... 

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

Next to the putter, wedges are the most personal, individual clubs in the bag, so the LW for you will be one that has the looks you like and performs the best for the turf and sand in your area.  

Being in Atlanta on bermuda grass is probably the worst grass for me to hit from.  I'm not a fan.  However, if I lived there I would look for a high bounce 60º; try out the different grinds for your turf.  I actually play the Callaway PM Grind 60º with 12º bounce and C Grind.  I love this club!  It's the best wedge I've had for all kinds of shots around the green.  Even with the high bounce it's very easy to pick off a tight lie, and it's the best wedge for bunkers I have ever had.  My pro shop had a sale on this wedge, and I bought another one... just in case!  Funny, I am not a fan of the Callaway Jaws wedge.

If you can find a wedge fitting location, I would recommend it.  I've found that the correct shaft makes a lot of difference.  I didn't like the stock shaft, so I ordered it with the shaft that best fit my swing; in my case the KBS Tour 90 in regular flex.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Next to the putter, wedges are the most personal, individual clubs in the bag, so the LW for you will be one that has the looks you like and performs the best for the turf and sand in your area.  

Being in Atlanta on bermuda grass is probably the worst grass for me to hit from.  I'm not a fan.  However, if I lived there I would look for a high bounce 60º; try out the different grinds for your turf.  I actually play the Callaway PM Grind 60º with 12º bounce and C Grind.  I love this club!  It's the best wedge I've had for all kinds of shots around the green.  Even with the high bounce it's very easy to pick off a tight lie, and it's the best wedge for bunkers I have ever had.  My pro shop had a sale on this wedge, and I bought another one... just in case!  Funny, I am not a fan of the Callaway Jaws wedge.

If you can find a wedge fitting location, I would recommend it.  I've found that the correct shaft makes a lot of difference.  I didn't like the stock shaft, so I ordered it with the shaft that best fit my swing; in my case the KBS Tour 90 in regular flex.

What @Kenny B said. I have a Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 2 lob wedge 60*/ 8* between that and my Volkey 54*/8 M grind that's all I need from 80 yds in.  Both of these seem to work best. I've retired my RTX wedges , which didn't work as well for me.  FYI Volkey has a good wedge selector tool. https://www.vokey.com/tools/wedge-selector-tool.aspx

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart