Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 7x VS. Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7x

Myron

Shafts are personal, I love my Graphite Design shafts, in my driver, 3 wood and driving iron, I play KBS Tour V Tour spec S+ in my other irons.  GD have a very nice feel to them, although they all have different profiles and that’s where a place like Club Champion can tell you which is best for your swing.  With every Fujikura I tried I always hit the ball with a little tail, giving me a worse dispersion, higher spin numbers, but my brother loves his Ventus shaft.  I’d wait to see what fits your swing.

Tried both in different clubs, but not a fan of the 2.0.  The Tour AD IZ is incredible; now game it in my 5 wood (Epic Flash).  I've seen the 2.0 used by a tour pro or two, however I'm certain the Tour AD IZ is played - PGA and LPGA - by a factor of 5 or so.  I follow the WITB (What's In The Bag) pretty closely, and the Graphite Design Tour AD IZ seems very poplar, especially in FWs and hybrids.  Agree with Pkc, highly personal, but tour play (adjusting weight and stiffness for SS) provides good pointers to some of the shaft designs that have 'nailed it'.