Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Fujikura Air Speeder

NC Golfer

My Tour EDge Exotics 220 3-wood came with it and I really like it.  It's a higher launch then I was using and I'm getting more distance with it (10 yards).  I have a Evenflow Rip Tide 50 5.5 in my Sim driver and that is also an awesome shaft.

Edited by warbirdlover

What's In the Bag

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° driver w/stiff Xcaliber Avalon 5 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-wood w/stiff Xcaliber Mystic 5 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-hybrid w/stiff Xcaliber RT shafts shaft
Malby KE4 Max irons with reg Xcaliber RT shafts
Callaway Jaws full toe 60° wedge with Project X Catalyst 80 wedge graphite shaft
Odyssey White Hot OG #7 CH stroke lab putter
Callaway Org 14 bag

I'm not over the hill.  I'm on the back nine.

Last year I used MGS Truegolffit for my driver.  They recommended and I bought the Tour Edge Exotics 220 and it came with the Fujikura AirSpeeder 40, R flex shaft.  My driver swg. Spd is 80-83 mph.  Love the shaft, does not feel heavy and very responsive.  Would definitely recommend it.

18A751BA-9D76-4A69-8E0F-398EE94B7054.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Fjd said:

Last year I used MGS Truegolffit for my driver.  They recommended and I bought the Tour Edge Exotics 220 and it came with the Fujikura AirSpeeder 40, R flex shaft.  My driver swg. Spd is 80-83 mph.  Love the shaft, does not feel heavy and very responsive.  Would definitely recommend it.

Nice, that sounds good. Did you demo the Senior shaft in the Air Speeder by chance? was it too whippy?

Edited by NC Golfer

Have the Air Speeder Regular now. It seems a little bit too much flex. I am slicing the ball. Does it just take some time to adjust to it? What are good swing or set up thoughts to work with a shaft with more flex than needed?

Edited by NC Golfer

In my opinion you should not have to adjust to the shaft.  If it is the correct shaft for your swg spd, tempo and transition from backswing to downswing, it should work immediately without adjusting.  As far as swing thoughts or set up with your too flexible shaft, see your club pro.  P.S. one solution is too trade your too flexible shaft for another at Golf Galaxy or PGA Tour Superstore.  The PGA Tour store in Atlanta did this for me.  Great people.

hope this helps and good luck.

• 8 months later...

Hi golfers, someone is offering me good deal of SIM 2 driver 12 degrees with Fujikura airspeeder 45 gm Stiff shaft .My swing speed is 75-80 .Currently I am using Senior shaft with Rough Driver which is fairly good for accuracy.I am looking for more distance.

Your views on Fujukara  shaft please 

• 3 weeks later...

My swg spd is 77-80 mph and my Fujikura AirSpeeder R flex shaft is just fine for me.  This shaft was originally recommended by MGS’s TrueGolfFit process.  In my opinion, the stiff shaft is too stiff for your swg speed.