TESTERS WANTED! ×

First impressions: new Srixon Tour Yellow

Golfware

Okay, so my buddy broke out a sleeve of the new Srixon Tour Yellow golf balls when we played on Sunday, and I came away thoroughly impressed. He was playing the Tour Z Star and just LOVED it. I took some shots with it as well, and the performance I observed was exceptional. Just exceptional. Soft feel off all of my clubs, especially the putter. The yellow color is quite soothing visually, and helped me relax on my shots.

AND the best part, unless you hit one out in the woods or the water, you'll NEVER lose it. NEVER. It's SO easy to find it's not even funny. I'm quite surprised more players don't gravitate towards this golf ball. Off the driver, solid distance. Off the irons, plenty of spin. Off the wedges, WHOA... My buddy hit a pitched shot with his Scratched wedges that looked like it had brakes on it. I've never seen him play so well.

Kudos to Srixon!! You have yourself 2 new customers!! I know I'll be playing there and promoting these in the near future. Seriously. The color is the bomb!

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at my pro shop, SO many people are asking about these balls. once they saw Tim Clark gaming them a couple weeks ago, they wanted to get their hands on them. people are going to gobble these up! will probably also help sales of pinnacle yellow balls (even though they are a lower end ball).

i work at a pro shop and SO many people are asking about these balls. once they saw Tim Clark gaming them a couple weeks ago, they wanted to get their hands on them. people are going to gobble these up! will probably also help sales of pinnacle yellow balls (even though they are a lower end ball).

Yep. What sets these apart is that they are a Tour-level golf ball. Tour-level performance in a yellow golf ball. Unheard of before.

I agree, finding the golf ball made easier, not giving up the quality of a high end golf ball, perfect match!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I'm going to buy a sleeve next time I see them in the store...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

I'm going to buy a sleeve next time I see them in the store...

Yeah yeah. Serious. They are the business. You'll love them on the course.

• SPY VIP

Sorry fellas the Tri-Speeds are white :lol:

I am an idiot..sorry, would love the Tri-Speed since I would play that for real!

#TruthDigest

Man, I'm telling ya. Srixon is ON to something. Serious. It was SO easy finding this golf ball, whether it be in the fairways, rough, whatever. It just STOOD out. We could see if from a distance. Just sitting there. We never worried about finding my buddy's Tour Yellow. And the performance was equally impressive.

Kudos to Srixon!

Wow. They should REALLY offer the Tri Speeds in Yellow.

Anyway, I'm going to game the Tours once the season hits here. But like Sactown, I'm in that nether region it comes to Swing Speed - high 90's to low 100's on a good day. The Tri Speeds would probably give me better results.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

I'm a little surprised it took so long for a company to bring back yellow. They are easier to see, especially when they are in the air.

I think that there is a stigma associated with a colored ball. They are out there, Noodles have crazy colors, but this is the first urethane yellow, I think.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I think that there is a stigma associated with a colored ball. They are out there, Noodles have crazy colors, but this is the first urethane yellow, I think.

Yeah, traditionally a ladies ball or CHEAP. Not something most of us would be gaming otherwise.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I wonder if the pink balls Paula Creamer plays are urethane?

I wonder if the pink balls Paula Creamer plays are urethane?

Last I heard, she was playing with the Precept Lady IQ 180, but I can't find anything that says what the cover material is...

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Tourstage has orange green and pink I think for the Tourstage B+ which is similar to the 330RX. I've played a sleeve of those last year. I also played a sleeve of the Z Star X-yellows last month. They are just so hard to find in the stores.

• SPY VIP

Tourstage has orange green and pink I think for the Tourstage B+ which is similar to the 330RX. I've played a sleeve of those last year. I also played a sleeve of the Z Star X-yellows last month. They are just so hard to find in the stores.

Green? How accurate do you need to be to play a green ball? :huh:

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Creamer's pink ball is a B330S. We used to sell them at my shop. I still have a few laying around the house that I break out for matches and when a total douche joins our group. Nobody likes to be outdriven by a guy wearing pink shoes and hitting a pink ball off of a pink tee.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Creamer's pink ball is a B330S. We used to sell them at my shop. I still have a few laying around the house that I break out for matches and when a total douche joins our group. Nobody likes to be outdriven by a guy wearing pink shoes and hitting a pink ball off of a pink tee.

OK, my bad. She must have switched to that ball last year. Pink Ball = Douche? OK, whenever we have the inaugural MGS member tournament, I will have to remember that. :huh:

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I keep one in the bag for those times I get paired up with "I drive it 330" guy. Then I like to bust out the pink ball and bust it past him. A little story......

First time I ever hit this ball was at a little executive course here in town. 1st hole is a 345yd dogleg right, with about a 310 carry to the green. I have NEVER hit this green in my life. There is a group putting out, so I hit it. The thing lands on the surface. We get up there, and I am apologizing up and down, and the dudes say "we WERE pissed, until we saw it was a pink ball". Then they were cool.

I love that ball

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

I'm a little late to this thread, but I'm bummed that the Tri-Speed won't be coming in yellow. I dig the idea of playing a yellow ball (my mom has been playing the same yellow ball for 2 years and she's ALWAYS in the tall grass), but I can't afford to play a $40/dozen ball. Hopefully the Tour will be successful enough that the yellow will trickle down (ewwww) to the Tri-Speed.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

If response is positive, you will see the yellow show up at all price points, and from all companies .

Green? How accurate do you need to be to play a green ball? :(

Actually it is supposed to be yellow similar to the Srixon ball. I have seen it up close and it is more of yellow-green. I guess I said green because it is more green than the Z stars,.

Who is Tourstage? Are they Urethane?

Yellow is the new white, especially when you start getting old like me. Any help finding the ball in the rough, I will take it.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Archived