First impressions: new Srixon Tour Yellow

Our Sponsors

My Srixon Rep gave me a 2 ball pack of Tri-Speeds to test about 2 years ago. I took them out to a course I know well, and away we went. First hole is a mid length par 5 with a lake in the landing area. A good tee shot with the right wind can carry the lake, but most of the time, I hit it out to the right. Today I smack it right town the edge of the lake, and think to myself "crap... thats in". Go down there, can't find it, drop another and continue. 50 yards farther up the fairway, there is my ball!!! WTF??? I couldn't believe it. That continued for the entire round. 20 - 50 yards farther than I usually hit it. I couldn't do anything around the green, But money off of the tee.

Driver -   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S
Fairway -  Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Fairway - Tour Edge Exotics CB2 18° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I keep one in the bag for those times I get paired up with "I drive it 330" guy. Then I like to bust out the pink ball and bust it past him. A little story...... First time I ever hit this ball was a

My Srixon Rep gave me a 2 ball pack of Tri-Speeds to test about 2 years ago. I took them out to a course I know well, and away we went. First hole is a mid length par 5 with a lake in the landing ar

Okay, so my buddy broke out a sleeve of the new Srixon Tour Yellow golf balls when we played on Sunday, and I came away thoroughly impressed. He was playing the Tour Z Star and just LOVED it. I took some shots with it as well, and the performance I observed was exceptional. Just exceptional. Soft feel off all of my clubs, especially the putter. The yellow color is quite soothing visually, and helped me relax on my shots.

AND the best part, unless you hit one out in the woods or the water, you'll NEVER lose it. NEVER. It's SO easy to find it's not even funny. I'm quite surprised more players don't gravitate towards this golf ball. Off the driver, solid distance. Off the irons, plenty of spin. Off the wedges, WHOA... My buddy hit a pitched shot with his Scratched wedges that looked like it had brakes on it. I've never seen him play so well.

Kudos to Srixon!! You have yourself 2 new customers!! I know I'll be playing there and promoting these in the near future. Seriously. The color is the bomb!

Awesome to hear! We hope they're going to be a big hit.

Awesome to hear! We hope they're going to be a big hit.

I wouldn't bet against them. Just as soon as I pick some up, I know my playing partners will want them.

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

I think the image below speaks for itself.

srixon_topflite_yellow_small.jpg

GREAT post. Nice to be able to compare between the two balls. Definitely like the color of the new ball better.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Well, I visited my local Golfsmith over lunch today and sadly - no Tour Yellows. :)

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Now make some yellow Tri-Speeds!!

@JohnBarry - I exhausted all of my contacts at Srixon to find out if they will be making a colored Trispeed ball; you are in luck sir! The Trispeed ball is currently in the 'beta testing' stage on the Senior Developmental Tour called the AARP Tour. But I am sorry to say, they are only going to make it in a Pink color for 2011. Lets keep our fingers crossed for 2012.

trispeed_pink.jpg

@JohnBarry - I exhausted all of my contacts at Srixon to find out if they will be making a colored Trispeed ball; you are in luck sir! The Trispeed ball is currently in the 'beta testing' stage on the Senior Developmental Tour called the AARP Tour. But I am sorry to say, they are only going to make it in a Pink color for 2011. Lets keep our fingers crossed for 2012.

trispeed_pink.jpg

I want a case... Sign me up first!!!

Driver -   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S
Fairway -  Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Fairway - Tour Edge Exotics CB2 18° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

I want a case... Sign me up first!!!

BalataMan - you're screwing with us aren't you? Sorry, a little slow. Maybe I should be playing on the AARP tour.

BTW, development of what? Arthritis and Hemorrhoids? There is nothing I want that could underdeveloped at this stage in my life.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

GREAT post. Nice to be able to compare between the two balls. Definitely like the color of the new ball better.

New color is way better in person. Had them in the shop today. 2 sleeves left.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

BalataMan - you're screwing with us aren't you? Sorry, a little slow. Maybe I should be playing on the AARP tour.

BTW, development of what? Arthritis and Hemorrhoids? There is nothing I want that could underdeveloped at this stage in my life.

I thought if I had posted a yellow version, I might have fooled too many people. I told myself "If I make it Pink, and only available on the AARP tour, I should only confuse maybe just a couple of guys." Looks like I might have been right :) I will send an email to my Srixon rep and find out if there might be a color option in the future for the Trispeeds.

The color is cool, it's like a soft yellow. Maybe it's because it is urethane rather than Surlyn.

No, according to the company, its not yellow - more of a soothing combo of yellow with a little green mixed in.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT