TESTERS WANTED! ×

2021 Official Review: Nippon Regio Driver Shafts

GolfSpy MPR

On 4/27/2021 at 3:25 PM, morningteesheet said:

I'll get this started with some background info on who I am and how I play!

Introduction to my game:

Let’s start with my game and who I am as a golfer, and let’s take it all the way back. I started really playing golf at the age of ten. I was a serious hockey player my entire life and golf was the getaway for me. I ended up playing for my prep school golf team after the hockey seasons were over and it really sparked my love for competitive golf. College ended up being a focus on hockey and school and golf fell off a bit, but my twenties and early thirties have been a golf obsession. I currently play to a 4.4 handicap under the CDGA as I live in downtown Chicago. A typical round for me is anywhere from 75 to 80 and I’m someone that makes a lot of pars with a couple bogeys mixed in. I’m the kind of guy that will play in any weather so at the moment I’m playing/practicing during temps in the 40’s. Distances are down during this time of the season but I tend to play pretty consistent golf.

My strengths are mid irons and putting and my weaknesses are the driver and long irons. I tend to let some hockey body movements into the swing and it can be an overly quick swing with my shoulders spinning open, which makes my big miss with the long clubs a spinny right ball that doesn’t stop going right. Here’s a link to where I am right now with my swing: First video is a driver length training aid, second is an iron swing. My big focus is keeping my back to the target and my left shoulder restrained from firing too quickly. I'll post some links to my driver swing once I get this shaft set up and ready to test.

Current Bag Setup:

My current driver setup is a Srixon Z565 head on an old school Aldila NV green 65X shaft and it all plays 44” (I was not fit). I never liked the full 460cc driver heads as a compact look is key for me but I get along decently well with this one. I like to see a deep driver head that doesn’t look huge back to front and I want it to sit neutral. I tend to prefer a shaft feel that I’m used to which is why I struggle to get away from the old school shafts. I’ve even tested steel driver and fairway shafts recently but they were slowing me down a bit too much. My driver swing speed is in the 110-113mph range with a fairly quick transition. After speaking with the Nippon rep, it made sense for me to test the Regio Formula MB+ in 65X. My goal with a driver isn’t necessarily massive distance, it’s more that I feel it’s stable, reliable, and something I can put on my intended line, which tend to be aggressive lines. My goal is always to have a shot at reaching a par 5 in two and I subscribe to the data that’s come out showing that being as close to the green as possible leads to lower scores. I’m not one to play the smart shot off the tee or to aim for the middle of greens even though both would probably help my handicap!

What I’m hoping to find from this Nippon driver shaft is a comfortable feel more in line with an iron shaft and something that feels stable and not loose. I want to see a tight fade ideally and not something spinny that I can’t control. I know a lot of that is putting a good swing on it, so I’ll be looking to see what happens when I do have my driver swing in check. In the past I’ve gamed Nippon NS Pro and Modus shafts and they are consistently the best feeling. I’m currently gaming irons with DGS300 shafts as those are just comfortable but I very much want to be back with Modus shafts and I'm building a set of Mizuno MP69 with Modus 125x right now (softstepped 1x). I hope to feel that same smooth but reliable kick in this driver shaft as I have with the Nippon iron shafts.

Testing Setup:

My setup for the test will be the Regio Formula MB+ 65X shaft with a standard Lamkin Crossline grip. I’ve chosen to pair this with a Mizuno ST200 driver head at 10.5*. The club will play 44” and at D4. 

I'll also be testing the Mizuno MP69 with Modus 125x shafts alongside my Hogan Ft Worths with DG S300 to see what I like in the irons and how the transition feels from driver to the rest of the set.

@morningteesheetwhat is the brand of the adapter you are going to be using that is universal? I would like to get some for future shaft swaps.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

1 minute ago, MrBandit said:

@morningteesheetwhat is the brand of the adapter you are going to be using that is universal? I would like to get some for future shaft swaps.

I'm not using a universal adapter, I think that was @03trdblack. I'm putting a Mizuno ST200 adapter on it.

• Driver: Mizuno ST200 10.5 w/ Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65X (backup is a Wishon 919 F/D mini driver w/ UST V2 Black 6F5)
  • Fairway Wood: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 18.5* w/ UST V2 Black 7F5
  • 4 Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 23* w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Irons: 5-PW Maltby TE Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Wedge: 52* and 58* Maltby TSW Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped) and DG Wedge Flex
  • Putter: Tommy Armour Impact 3 CB
  • Bag: Shapland Stand Bag

7 minutes ago, morningteesheet said:

I'm not using a universal adapter, I think that was @03trdblack. I'm putting a Mizuno ST200 adapter on it.

Ahh sorry, was took quick and didn't scroll up enough.. @03trdblack what is the universal adapter you are using? 

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)

1 hour ago, MrBandit said:

Ahh sorry, was took quick and didn't scroll up enough.. @03trdblack what is the universal adapter you are using? 

It's essentially the same version of adapter as the All-Fit adapter system but much cheaper.  I found them on Ebay after ordering some actual All-Fit adapters and realized they were identical.  You have the same adapter but replace a sleeve depending on what manufacturer of driver you want to fit.  The adapter fits with the Taylormade brand of screw but all the other companies require you to replace the screw since they are all difference sizes.

Here is a pic showing the All-fit vs. the similar version

AllFit.jpeg.40e7460ef3e61eebdb69102d146ecb55.jpeg

My bag is a revolving door!

Just exchanged emails with Mark at Shaftology, he's a great guy! I had asked about the suggested trimming and he gave me a long reply which is all good information to keep in mind. I'm a reasonably experienced at-home club builder and my plan for the shaft matched his suggestion for maintaining the stated flex. I'm not going to tip it, I'm installing a Mizuno adaptor with the standard BBGM, standard grip, and butt cutting to length. I'm going to have it play 45" to keep some room in case I want to tip it later and it should measure around D3 or D4 but I can toss on some lead tape if it comes out light. Here's Mark's insightful email:

" Thanks for the note. I am going to give you a long reply.

Yes, we intended to send the raw shaft for optimal customization. I hope I didn’t confuse you with so many questions and details during our phone call.

I had a check list of things to discuss with you and I just went back over my record of your call. In our conversation we talked about quite a few things, with the most important factor being to make sure that this raw shaft will be installed in a proper manner for you. One of the difficult issues in our industry is the lack of uniform installation standards, and how these are communicated. This is why I verified with you in our phone call that you had a place to have this shaft installed into your club:

- with regards to your hosel or adaptor

-  with regards to your desired length

-  with regards to your preferred  swing weight

-  with regards to your desired grip and grip size

-  and with regards to any other special install options that you desire

Any shaft model is only as good as its install, and all of these factors will impact your interaction of this shaft. Your swing is your own specific combination of your dimensions, angles, and motion. And after fitting many thousands of golfers, and installing many more thousands of shafts, I have learned that each of us can best reward our swings by having our shafts installed in a professional manner.

REGARDING your question of “tipping guidelines”-

-Most modern drivers have a BBGM (Bottom of the Bore to Ground Measurement) of 1 ½” to 1 ¾”. If your shaft is installed into a driver club with a similar BBGM, with no trim off the tip section, and trimmed from the butt section to your desired length, with a swing weight in the D3/D4 range, and a traditional weight grip, then the shaft will play to its stated flex.

If you driver is vastly different than a BBGM of 1 ½”,  for example a bore-thru type hosel, then the shaft will play stiffer than its stated flex, and, for example, a long tall hosel club, with a BBGM or 2+”, then the shaft will play slightly more flexible than its stated flex.

If you desire for the shaft to play stiffer than its stated flex, it is OK to trim a portion of the tip section, and the remainder off the butt section. However, I would not recommend this unless you had previously tested this shaft and had some idea of a specific flex goal, and how much tip trimming was required to achieve that goal.

As I mentioned on the phone, if you need help finding a shop to install your shaft, please let me know.

If you want to visit our office and have your shaft installed, please call ahead to make an appointment, and bring your desired grip, and we will install your shaft at no charge while you wait."

My finished install:

I went 45” and have it weighted at D6 because I plan to only play it choked up an inch which should feel more like a D3. It looks unreal with the black Mizuno ST200 head! 

48D42E74-CDEE-430C-BA74-9BA4F1E01D0F.jpeg

830B1C1F-09C3-4FF5-B724-682D7C6EE507.jpeg

Edited by morningteesheet
  • Driver: Mizuno ST200 10.5 w/ Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65X (backup is a Wishon 919 F/D mini driver w/ UST V2 Black 6F5)
  • Wedge: 52* and 58* Maltby TSW Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped) and DG Wedge Flex

Well it finally arrived, unfortunately i will have to wait until tomorrow to get it put together. I will be taken it first thing in the morning.

20210429_162225.jpg

20210429_192821.jpg

Dropped off my shaft yesterday at the local facility to have it built. Hopeful to have it back with it the next day or two 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Equipment has been drop off, looks like Monday would be the first day I can begin testing. Looking forward to it.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS!!!

I was able to sneak out to the driving range today to put this thing to the test. I am not exaggerating when I say this might be the best thing that’s ever been added to my bag. It’s a joke how good this shaft is. I should clarify that it also has a new Mizuno ST200 head that I hadn’t hit before and that definitely helps but I know what I was getting out of this shaft. 

Feel: stable but smooth. I didn’t think you could have both but I was wrong. I knew exactly where the club was, it loaded beautifully, and felt perfect at impact. 

Performance: point and shoot. Only issue was trying to tell myself not to aim left for my big fade. I couldn’t believe how straight the ball was going and my fades were tight and minimal. I thought I just had a terrible issue with a driver but this has me thinking otherwise. Flight is medium, just where I like it. I was facing a ridiculous 20-30mph wind right at me and 50 degree temps on the range and usually that means a ball that spins like crazy and goes an extra mile right. Not today. Yes, the wind was knocking it down but it stayed on line and that’s all I needed to see. 

Formula MB+ feels compared to my irons with Modus 125X: This was spot on, the shaft profile and performance really seems to match. My iron game on the range came alive with the Modus 125X shafts and I'm so glad I built those to compare with the driver shaft. The transition is seamless and now that I have the Modus 125X iron shaft in my hybrid, I'm really wanting this Nippon Formula shaft in my fairway wood (not sure I can come up with the funds though ha). 

I wish I had numbers to share but that will come next week when I get on a Trackman. Tomorrow I’m taking this out for 27 holes. The wind will be staying up at 20-30mph apparently but it’ll be 80’s temp wise. More to come but in the meantime, here’s a video from today:

A3BDCEB2-B361-40DC-9F8F-FA1C5F81DB79.jpeg

Edited by morningteesheet

I really need to learn more about shafts, tipping,soft stepping and all that stuff

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

33 minutes ago, TBT said:

I really need to learn more about shafts, tipping,soft stepping and all that stuff

Yes that is the biggest thing I have learned reading this. I would love to learn more about club building it all seems very interesting.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

20 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

Dropped off my shaft yesterday at the local facility to have it built. Hopeful to have it back with it the next day or two 

Should have my shaft back next week. I asked why the long wait. COVID has the shop swamped with builds right now...

Titleist ProV1

Hopefully I'll have my shaft next week to compare against the pingg425. My club is having a demo day and I think it would be cool to compare my Ts3 with the Nippon shat against the ping.

Titleist ProV1

On 4/29/2021 at 12:02 PM, 03trdblack said:

It's essentially the same version of adapter as the All-Fit adapter system but much cheaper.  I found them on Ebay after ordering some actual All-Fit adapters and realized they were identical.  You have the same adapter but replace a sleeve depending on what manufacturer of driver you want to fit.  The adapter fits with the Taylormade brand of screw but all the other companies require you to replace the screw since they are all difference sizes.

Here is a pic showing the All-fit vs. the similar version

AllFit.jpeg.40e7460ef3e61eebdb69102d146ecb55.jpeg

I was unaware they had/made a universal adapter.  Gee, what a concept.  Wouldn't it be nice if all the OEM's agreed to make it even easier on their customers 👍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

14 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I was unaware they had/made a universal adapter.  Gee, what a concept.  Wouldn't it be nice if all the OEM's agreed to make it even easier on their customers 👍.

It would, but I will give some idea to the different types of adaptors allow for different changes. Ping like to have flat settings, others get more up right, some control for face open and loft separately while in most they change together. I think each company would say they offer the sleeve for a reason and feel that their adjustments are most helpful. They maybe right or maybe not but I can at least kinda see what they mean there.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

47 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

It would, but I will give some idea to the different types of adaptors allow for different changes. Ping like to have flat settings, others get more up right, some control for face open and loft separately while in most they change together. I think each company would say they offer the sleeve for a reason and feel that their adjustments are most helpful. They maybe right or maybe not but I can at least kinda see what they mean there.

I completely agree and some OEM adapters definitely have some features I wish I could replicate across all clubs.  The universal adapters I use adjust +/- 1.5* in loft and have a standard and upright setting.  This works for the majority of my clubs as I don't typically use a flat setting and don't really mind if the shaft turns around if it's being adjusted.  I found the most value in being able to swap any shaft into any head for testing, etc.

Had my first round out with the Nippon shaft this weekend.  I tested it out with a Titleist TSI 3 8* head set to 8.75* of loft.  Right out of the gate I noticed that the 8* Titleist head and the Nippon shaft had a lower launch angle so I bumped up the loft some in order to get some more carry.

Here is the rundown of each hole I used the driver and the distances tracked by my Shot Scope.  For some reason I had a case of the pulls today with the driver but it wasn't severe enough to get into too much trouble.  I just aimed a little down the right side after the first few holes.  My tendency is to pull shots more with shafts with less counterbalance.  This shaft seems to be just slightly counterbalanced but really more of a 50/50 balance to it.  I didn't have to add any head weight to play at a 45.25" length with the TSI3 head.

1. 241 (pulled left, hit a tree)
2. 265 left rough
3. 280 left rough
4. 247 - uphill tee shot, left rough
5. 261 - left rough
6. 287 - left rough
7. 239 - uphill, left side fairway
8. 261 - left side fairway
9. 321 - BOMB (downhill tee shot, middle fairway)
10. 230 - uphill, hit a tree, left side fairway
11. 276 - middle fairway
12. 280 uphill fairway, BOMB, middle fairway

The Nippon shaft feels really great and you can feel the quality in the shaft.  It feels higher on the stiffness rating to me than perhaps other "stiff" shafts I've used, almost like a softer X flex.  I didn't find I had trouble loading it however and it kept up with any swing I put on it all day.  I could swing HARD and not worry about seeing a strange ball flight.  The feeling reminds me of the way Graphite Design shafts feel if you're familiar with them.  

The best way I can describe the feel (with the Titleist head) is that ball collision feels like a thick gut punch.  It's syrupy feeling but a syrup that's been left in the refrigerator so it's nice and thick.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how that feeling differs in other driver heads as well.

The last observation I'll make is the look of the black shaft with the black Titleist TSI 3 head looks incredible.  It's a murdered out look with just a splash of color on the shaft label to break it up.

14 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

Had my first round out with the Nippon shaft this weekend.  I tested it out with a Titleist TSI 3 8* head set to 8.75* of loft.  Right out of the gate I noticed that the 8* Titleist head and the Nippon shaft had a lower launch angle so I bumped up the loft some in order to get some more carry.

Here is the rundown of each hole I used the driver and the distances tracked by my Shot Scope.  For some reason I had a case of the pulls today with the driver but it wasn't severe enough to get into too much trouble.  I just aimed a little down the right side after the first few holes.  My tendency is to pull shots more with shafts with less counterbalance.  This shaft seems to be just slightly counterbalanced but really more of a 50/50 balance to it.  I didn't have to add any head weight to play at a 45.25" length with the TSI3 head.

1. 241 (pulled left, hit a tree)
2. 265 left rough
3. 280 left rough
4. 247 - uphill tee shot, left rough
5. 261 - left rough
6. 287 - left rough
7. 239 - uphill, left side fairway
8. 261 - left side fairway
9. 321 - BOMB (downhill tee shot, middle fairway)
10. 230 - uphill, hit a tree, left side fairway
11. 276 - middle fairway
12. 280 uphill fairway, BOMB, middle fairway

The Nippon shaft feels really great and you can feel the quality in the shaft.  It feels higher on the stiffness rating to me than perhaps other "stiff" shafts I've used, almost like a softer X flex.  I didn't find I had trouble loading it however and it kept up with any swing I put on it all day.  I could swing HARD and not worry about seeing a strange ball flight.  The feeling reminds me of the way Graphite Design shafts feel if you're familiar with them.  

The best way I can describe the feel (with the Titleist head) is that ball collision feels like a thick gut punch.  It's syrupy feeling but a syrup that's been left in the refrigerator so it's nice and thick.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how that feeling differs in other driver heads as well.

The last observation I'll make is the look of the black shaft with the black Titleist TSI 3 head looks incredible.  It's a murdered out look with just a splash of color on the shaft label to break it up.

Interesting, I found I was pulling it quite a bit as well. I assumed it was swing related and I'm sure most of it is but I do find it interesting that you found the same thing. I was hitting a lot of tight fades but they started left with the pull. I had intended to list out my drives like you have from my round Saturday but I was playing during a wind advisory and it was averaging 40mph. I couldn't take much from that but I did find that I could reliably find a low flight when I needed to. Also, I completely agree that the feel is similar to Graphite Design.

7 minutes ago, morningteesheet said:

Interesting, I found I was pulling it quite a bit as well. I assumed it was swing related and I'm sure most of it is but I do find it interesting that you found the same thing. I was hitting a lot of tight fades but they started left with the pull. I had intended to list out my drives like you have from my round Saturday but I was playing during a wind advisory and it was averaging 40mph. I couldn't take much from that but I did find that I could reliably find a low flight when I needed to. Also, I completely agree that the feel is similar to Graphite Design.

My other theory on the pulls is that maybe since the shaft is playing a little tighter, maybe my face is a little closed coming through at impact because the shaft has already recovered compared to other shafts that may allow the face to hang just a little more open.  Maybe my hands are in the same place they always are but the shaft keeps the clubface more square which is something I'll have to adjust in my timing.

Well some unfortunate turn of events, the adapter that I got doesn't fit the TourEdge ESX Pro . the screwed doesn't even latch  on. SO I have to order another one and get it replaced. So it may be another week before I get to test this out. 🤬

1 hour ago, 03trdblack said:

I completely agree and some OEM adapters definitely have some features I wish I could replicate across all clubs.  The universal adapters I use adjust +/- 1.5* in loft and have a standard and upright setting.  This works for the majority of my clubs as I don't typically use a flat setting and don't really mind if the shaft turns around if it's being adjusted.  I found the most value in being able to swap any shaft into any head for testing, etc.

Yeah that testing option sounds like a great tool for sure and you are right the type of sleeve you mention is probably good for many people 

2 hours ago, MrBandit said:

Well some unfortunate turn of events, the adapter that I got doesn't fit the TourEdge ESX Pro . the screwed doesn't even latch  on. SO I have to order another one and get it replaced. So it may be another week before I get to test this out. 🤬

That's unfortunate for sure!  Hoping you get it buttoned up soon so you can get out and enjoy it.

Update, getting a new adapter directly from TourEdge to match my Driver,  so I may get the shaft back from the shop Either Friday/Saturday..  And then.. lets get this party started.

I guess am the last one to get testing on this product.

Edited by MrBandit

2 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

Update, getting a new adapter directly from TourEdge to match my Driver,  so I may the shaft back from the shop Either Friday/Saturday..  And then.. lets get this party started.

I guess am the last one to get testing on this product.

rickybobby-2.jpeg.201c1ec75572ca6fcdc21643a44af3cf.jpeg

1 minute ago, 03trdblack said:

rickybobby-2.jpeg.201c1ec75572ca6fcdc21643a44af3cf.jpeg

Most quotable movie!!

My wife picked up the driver shaft from the club builder today! I’m late at work today but I plan of going to the range tomorrow weather permitting🤞🏻Looking forward to letting it rip. I also got scheduled during the ping demo so we can get some head to head against the best g425 setup

846789BC-360E-489A-AB73-65D2800BDB09.jpeg

59300489-FFA7-4B19-9380-C9B301BC3455.jpeg

Titleist ProV1

First Impression

I got out on the driving range today, wasn’t sure the weather was going to hold off but the sun came out just in time for a first test!! I’ve recently been gaming the Tensei Raw White AV 65s which has been working out well, it’s a heavier shaft that allows me to really keep my tempo in check. For me tempo is everything  The Tensei does not have much feel. The bottom line is it performs it’s low launching, low spin as advertised and it really tightened up my dispersion. My worst misses have become playable.

Today I took out the Tensei and threw in the Regio B+ 65s in the TS3, it didn’t disappoint. This shaft is all about the feel, just like the modus 120s iron shafts. From the start you could feel the energy, it has a mild kick point I would say, not huge where it feels like a large whip like effect, but enough to feel the driver head release towards the ball. The shaft loads incredibly and really fits well with my tempo. I don’t feel that this shaft would work well with a fast tempo. I think you would miss out on feeling the shaft throughout transition to impact.

The performance of this shaft was great, ball flight was phenomenal from the start. It was incredibly easy to find the club face. The shaft played well, with the extra feel I had a small problem towards the end of my session turning it over leading to a pull fade. I should consider though that I did hit about 25 drives which typically for me right now during a practice session is closer to 10. Some of it was really wanting to get used to the shaft, and the other part was trying to get some good videos. First time using my selfie stick in a while and hitting off mats today didn’t leave me with much room to film.

Ball flight played low to medium, spin seemed low but I don’t have any launch monitor numbers to confirm. Today’s temperature was in the 50’s and we were hitting into a head wind so distance was hard to asses. 

The Regio B+ shaft has a little more energy and feel with the kick point than the modus 120s, but I would say it is very complimentary as a driver shaft. 

If the weather holds off tomorrow I will be playing 9 after work, and am scheduled to play 18 Sunday morning, but at this time it doesn’t look like the weather will cooperate. Best Day of the weekend is Saturday, I will be doing the ping demo where I plan to put my TS3 with the Regio B+ shaft against the G425.

Looking to get more videos and data this weekend!

Titleist ProV1

39 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

First Impression

I got out on the driving range today, wasn’t sure the weather was going to hold off but the sun came out just in time for a first test!! I’ve recently been gaming the Tensei Raw White AV 65s which has been working out well, it’s a heavier shaft that allows me to really keep my tempo in check. For me tempo is everything  The Tensei does not have much feel. The bottom line is it performs it’s low launching, low spin as advertised and it really tightened up my dispersion. My worst misses have become playable.

Today I took out the Tensei and threw in the Regio B+ 65s in the TS3, it didn’t disappoint. This shaft is all about the feel, just like the modus 120s iron shafts. From the start you could feel the energy, it has a mild kick point I would say, not huge where it feels like a large whip like effect, but enough to feel the driver head release towards the ball. The shaft loads incredibly and really fits well with my tempo. I don’t feel that this shaft would work well with a fast tempo. I think you would miss out on feeling the shaft throughout transition to impact.

The performance of this shaft was great, ball flight was phenomenal from the start. It was incredibly easy to find the club face. The shaft played well, with the extra feel I had a small problem towards the end of my session turning it over leading to a pull fade. I should consider though that I did hit about 25 drives which typically for me right now during a practice session is closer to 10. Some of it was really wanting to get used to the shaft, and the other part was trying to get some good videos. First time using my selfie stick in a while and hitting off mats today didn’t leave me with much room to film.

Ball flight played low to medium, spin seemed low but I don’t have any launch monitor numbers to confirm. Today’s temperature was in the 50’s and we were hitting into a head wind so distance was hard to asses. 

The Regio B+ shaft has a little more energy and feel with the kick point than the modus 120s, but I would say it is very complimentary as a driver shaft. 

If the weather holds off tomorrow I will be playing 9 after work, and am scheduled to play 18 Sunday morning, but at this time it doesn’t look like the weather will cooperate. Best Day of the weekend is Saturday, I will be doing the ping demo where I plan to put my TS3 with the Regio B+ shaft against the G425.

Looking to get more videos and data this weekend!

From what I can see, there’s nothing to dislike about that ballflight. 

My ears perked up when you mentioned feel similar to the 120 series. I’m still interested…

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Just now, bens197 said:

From what I can see, there’s nothing to dislike about that ballflight. 

My ears perked up when you mentioned feel similar to the 120 series. I’m still interested…

I was really impressed with the ball flight right away. I found the center of the club face quite easily for a shaft I had never used before. I would rate my first 5 drives as some of the best feeling drives I had over the last week. Plus the noise off the face was distinctly different from other shafts I’ve used. I definitely had some heads turning at the range to check out the driver show 

Titleist ProV1