Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2021 Official Review: Nippon Regio Driver Shafts

GolfSpy MPR

46 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

First Impression

I got out on the driving range today, wasn’t sure the weather was going to hold off but the sun came out just in time for a first test!! I’ve recently been gaming the Tensei Raw White AV 65s which has been working out well, it’s a heavier shaft that allows me to really keep my tempo in check. For me tempo is everything  The Tensei does not have much feel. The bottom line is it performs it’s low launching, low spin as advertised and it really tightened up my dispersion. My worst misses have become playable.

Today I took out the Tensei and threw in the Regio B+ 65s in the TS3, it didn’t disappoint. This shaft is all about the feel, just like the modus 120s iron shafts. From the start you could feel the energy, it has a mild kick point I would say, not huge where it feels like a large whip like effect, but enough to feel the driver head release towards the ball. The shaft loads incredibly and really fits well with my tempo. I don’t feel that this shaft would work well with a fast tempo. I think you would miss out on feeling the shaft throughout transition to impact.

The performance of this shaft was great, ball flight was phenomenal from the start. It was incredibly easy to find the club face. The shaft played well, with the extra feel I had a small problem towards the end of my session turning it over leading to a pull fade. I should consider though that I did hit about 25 drives which typically for me right now during a practice session is closer to 10. Some of it was really wanting to get used to the shaft, and the other part was trying to get some good videos. First time using my selfie stick in a while and hitting off mats today didn’t leave me with much room to film.

Ball flight played low to medium, spin seemed low but I don’t have any launch monitor numbers to confirm. Today’s temperature was in the 50’s and we were hitting into a head wind so distance was hard to asses. 

The Regio B+ shaft has a little more energy and feel with the kick point than the modus 120s, but I would say it is very complimentary as a driver shaft. 

If the weather holds off tomorrow I will be playing 9 after work, and am scheduled to play 18 Sunday morning, but at this time it doesn’t look like the weather will cooperate. Best Day of the weekend is Saturday, I will be doing the ping demo where I plan to put my TS3 with the Regio B+ shaft against the G425.

Looking to get more videos and data this weekend!

Great start!  I should probably unfollow this thread unless I want to try to find my nearest US distributor. 😳

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

15 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

I was really impressed with the ball flight right away. I found the center of the club face quite easily for a shaft I had never used before. I would rate my first 5 drives as some of the best feeling drives I had over the last week. Plus the noise off the face was distinctly different from other shafts I’ve used. I definitely had some heads turning at the range to check out the driver show 

That’s awesome. Clearly you’re making better contact and that breeds some big confidence. 😊

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

8 hours ago, bens197 said:

That’s awesome. Clearly you’re making better contact and that breeds some big confidence. 😊

Obviously the true testament is how a shaft performs when the weather is not optimal which is what I am dealing with currently, lots of wind/wet/and in the 50s. I am psyched to see how this will play when the weather is warm. The lower spinning kid trajectory ball flights ii was getting yesterday look like they could carry for days🚀

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Ping demo day! Early results of the TS3 and Nippon B+ were not great. Swing speed at 102, ball speed at 160, launch at 14.6, spinning at 4.1k. Distance was 238 carry rolling to 252. 

ping G425 lst with aldilla white MSI 69g stiff swing speed was 100, launch at 12.3deg, ball speed 160,  distance was 250 rolling out to 265. 

the bad part was the weather. 41 deg was the high👎🏻 

Looks like even when I hit it good with the regio B+ that the spin is an issue causing a drop off in distance. It will be interesting if that holds true going forward 

343CBD97-B766-4479-A732-035AE63FB846.jpeg

Titleist ProV1

What was the launch monitor being used to get these numbers because the smash factors you were getting are very high. (1.6 with the Ping and 1.57 with your TS3)?

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review

58 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

What was the launch monitor being used to get these numbers because the smash factors you were getting are very high. (1.6 with the Ping and 1.57 with your TS3)?

Trackman 

Titleist ProV1

1 minute ago, RollingGreens said:

Trackman 

I wouldn’t discount some of the numbers being high but wind definitely played a part in the distance but it was countered by the severely cold temperatures

Titleist ProV1

28 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

I wouldn’t discount some of the numbers being high but wind definitely played a part in the distance but it was countered by the severely cold temperatures

Were you able to get the report sent to you for your session? That's one of the many benefits of trackman is the ability to email an entire report of all the data after your session. I think Trackman might have had some issues reading your clubhead speed so the good news is you might have been swinging faster than you originally thought during your session.  

Forum Reviews: 

On 5/8/2021 at 1:28 PM, RollingGreens said:

Ping demo day! Early results of the TS3 and Nippon B+ were not great. Swing speed at 102, ball speed at 160, launch at 14.6, spinning at 4.1k. Distance was 238 carry rolling to 252. 

ping G425 lst with aldilla white MSI 69g stiff swing speed was 100, launch at 12.3deg, ball speed 160,  distance was 250 rolling out to 265. 

the bad part was the weather. 41 deg was the high👎🏻 

Looks like even when I hit it good with the regio B+ that the spin is an issue causing a drop off in distance. It will be interesting if that holds true going forward 

343CBD97-B766-4479-A732-035AE63FB846.jpeg

I’m a skeptic.  Watching your DTL video and the ball flight makes me think this needs a redo. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

2 hours ago, ZMendle10 said:

Were you able to get the report sent to you for your session? That's one of the many benefits of trackman is the ability to email an entire report of all the data after your session. I think Trackman might have had some issues reading your clubhead speed so the good news is you might have been swinging faster than you originally thought during your session.  

I was not. This demo was a little hands off when it came to me being able to directly hold the tablet with the trackman info. It was more of me asking as the rep telling me the numbers. 

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

I’m a skeptic.  Watching your DTL video and the ball flight makes me think this needs a redo. 

The good news is I will be doing 1-2 fittings this week.  Saturday for the callaway epic max ls and hopefully Friday with the TSI3. Should be getting significant data from those. I will say it was apparent to me the distance was greater with the g425 vs the TS3 but that is to be expected to a point

Titleist ProV1

3 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

I was not. This demo was a little hands off when it came to me being able to directly hold the tablet with the trackman info. It was more of me asking as the rep telling me the numbers. 

The good news is I will be doing 1-2 fittings this week.  Saturday for the callaway epic max ls and hopefully Friday with the TSI3. Should be getting significant data from those. I will say it was apparent to me the distance was greater with the g425 vs the TS3 but that is to be expected to a point

Cool...excited to see the results. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

Update, Shaft will be ready to pick up tomorrow which is perfect since its been raining here since Monday. Looking forward to taking out to the range on Thursday and hopefully giving it an in course trial on Sunday. 

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

I got out again this weekend and was able to test out the shaft again, this time in a Callaway Epic Max LS head.

1. 256.55
2. 243.62
3. 256.98
4. 227.89 (dead into substantial wind)
5. 251.65
6. 242.62 (into wind)
5. 251.43 ( pulled left into tree line)
6. 225.25 (bad swing, pop up)
7. 242.12
8. 223.50 (pulled left, hit tree branch)
9. 246.94

I wasn't hitting the driver as well this week and was playing in some serious wind.  Driving distance wasn't quite as long as it was last week.  The combo of the Callaway and this shaft didn't feel quite as comfortable as it did in the Titleist TSI3.  Could have been my swing of course (probably was) and I'm still fighting a bit of a pull w/ this shaft and it carried over into the Callaway.

My bag is a revolving door!

Trackman session for me and my Regio Formula MB+ coming today or tomorrow and 18 holes on Saturday. Weather should be reasonable and finally not winds 40mph+. I should be able to finally string together results worth sharing. The Trackman session will compare this Regio MB+ 65X/Mizuno ST200 combo to a trusty SrixonZ565/Aldila NV Green 65X.

• Driver: Mizuno ST200 10.5 w/ Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65X (backup is a Wishon 919 F/D mini driver w/ UST V2 Black 6F5)
  • Fairway Wood: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 18.5* w/ UST V2 Black 7F5
  • 4 Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 23* w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Irons: 5-PW Maltby TE Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Wedge: 52* and 58* Maltby TSW Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped) and DG Wedge Flex
  • Putter: Tommy Armour Impact 3 CB
  • Bag: Shapland Stand Bag

What I’m looking for in this shaft to stay in my bag is tightening up my dispersion taking out the big right miss which occurs every maybe 1-2x a round. I want to have the ability of better feel for my club head releasing prior to impact. Currently I need to warm up to feel prepared to play a round with 20-30 balls in the range. I realize this involves my game as a whole but with the chance of having less time I want to be able to head to the first tee without a doubt that I can hit my driver soundly. I want it to bring confidence whether I have warmed up or not. Lastly the ability to hit the fairway finder and the missile. Currently I have one gear and it falls between more so in the fairway finder category, as a controlled swing. I want to have the ability to go for max distance and pick up some yardage on those big par 5s. Initial testing has just begun so I look forward to seeing how the Regio B+ can hold up to stay in my bag

Titleist ProV1

Update, finally picked up the shaft, BUT while putting on the shaft on the TourEdge EXS Pro, they lost the screw inside the head and it is stuck within the internal structure of the head. They gave me a TourEDGE EXS 220 head to use until they can order a replacement.

I was able to hit on the bay and the initial feel was very steady. As I kept getting looser , the speed was going up and carry distance. Trajectory was not there, seem like I was all over the place, but the launch angle was higher. This could be because of the different head and not being used to it. Hopefully I get my regular EXS Pro Head soon and I can really get a true reading.

I should stop raining by today, maybe the range will be open tomorrow and I can test it outdoors.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)

On 5/11/2021 at 11:47 AM, morningteesheet said:

Trackman session for me and my Regio Formula MB+ coming today or tomorrow and 18 holes on Saturday. Weather should be reasonable and finally not winds 40mph+. I should be able to finally string together results worth sharing. The Trackman session will compare this Regio MB+ 65X/Mizuno ST200 combo to a trusty SrixonZ565/Aldila NV Green 65X.

Trackman session complete! Stopped into my local Five Iron Golf and got a quick session in. After warming up and getting a feel for everything, I logged 5 swings with my new setup (Mizuno ST200 and Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65X) and then 5 swings with my old setup (Srixon Z565 and Aldila NV Green 65X). Here's the video and the Trackman results below that.

Mizuno Nippon combo:

Mizuno_Nippon.JPG.7cc4f20d3e4dc304e6eebe5f65e149d4.JPG

Srixon Aldila combo:

Srixon_Aldila.JPG.5d57296e031debc8a337ef3b544e300c.JPG

The data says it all, the Mizuno and Nippon combo is staying in the bag. But I didn't even need the data, I knew it from the feel. The Nippon shaft felt so sturdy and solid through the swing and just felt balanced. I was originally fighting some left pulls but I've gotten more comfortable with the idea that I don't need to aim right and guide it. I can line it up and swing it comfortably. While distance is clearly the winner with the Mizuno/Nippon, I am a little concerned with the spin as it's still a bit high. I don't mind it a bit on the high side because I do want to find fairways, but this should come down a bit and it's possible that some setting tinkering could get it there. Also, I was a bit left and right with the Nippon but at least from the look of the flight on the screen, none of them were way offline or troublesome. A little more work with the driver and that should be fine. 

Most importantly, this has done what I had hoped. I don't feel like I have the big right miss and I feel like I can really go after and release this driver with the Nippon shaft. It just feels reliable and I won't have to stand on the tee feeling like I need to guide it, I can swing more freely. I'm taking this out for 18 holes to validate it on Saturday morning so more to come.

• Driver: Mizuno ST200 10.5 w/ Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65X (backup is a Wishon 919 F/D mini driver w/ UST V2 Black 6F5)
  • Fairway Wood: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 18.5* w/ UST V2 Black 7F5
  • 4 Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 23* w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Irons: 5-PW Maltby TE Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Wedge: 52* and 58* Maltby TSW Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped) and DG Wedge Flex
  • Putter: Tommy Armour Impact 3 CB
  • Bag: Shapland Stand Bag

22 minutes ago, morningteesheet said:

Trackman session complete! Stopped into my local Five Iron Golf and got a quick session in. After warming up and getting a feel for everything, I logged 5 swings with my new setup (Mizuno ST200 and Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65X) and then 5 swings with my old setup (Srixon Z565 and Aldila NV Green 65X). Here's the video and the Trackman results below that.

Mizuno Nippon combo:

Srixon Aldila combo:

The data says it all, the Mizuno and Nippon combo is staying in the bag. But I didn't even need the data, I knew it from the feel. The Nippon shaft felt so sturdy and solid through the swing and just felt balanced. I was originally fighting some left pulls but I've gotten more comfortable with the idea that I don't need to aim right and guide it. I can line it up and swing it comfortably. While distance is clearly the winner with the Mizuno/Nippon, I am a little concerned with the spin as it's still a bit high. I don't mind it a bit on the high side because I do want to find fairways, but this should come down a bit and it's possible that some setting tinkering could get it there. Also, I was a bit left and right with the Nippon but at least from the look of the flight on the screen, none of them were way offline or troublesome. A little more work with the driver and that should be fine. 

Most importantly, this has done what I had hoped. I don't feel like I have the big right miss and I feel like I can really go after and release this driver with the Nippon shaft. It just feels reliable and I won't have to stand on the tee feeling like I need to guide it, I can swing more freely. I'm taking this out for 18 holes to validate it on Saturday morning so more to come.

Nice looking swing and some pretty awesome early results!  It certainly seems like you're onto something with the Nippon/Mizuno combo.  More ball speed, more club speed, higher smash... a little adjusting to the launch/spin and you'll have some even bigger bombs with that combo.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

46 minutes ago, morningteesheet said:

Mizuno Nippon combo:

Srixon Aldila combo:

Bang up job there. I am glad this is bringing you some success!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

46 minutes ago, morningteesheet said:

Mizuno Nippon combo:

Srixon Aldila combo:

Those are great numbers, you have gained club head , distance and balls speed. I think the spin factor is all about adjustment on the driver like you said.

I'm looking forward to testing it out on the range maybe tomorrow if it would stop raining and on Sunday.

Finally was able to go to the range and do some testing. Used the PRGR unit. thank to @ChasingScratchfor letting me borrow it.

Using a different Driver Head (TourEdge EXS 220) since I'm still waiting on the replacement one (TourEdge EXS Pro), I thought this initial testing was pretty good.

The Ball flight was a little higher than my normal flight, but everything was pretty much a straight and deep ball. There were a few that were pulls every time I tried to give it a little extra on the swing. 
The shaft felt amazingly sturdy, the more comfortable  I got with the swing the more confidence I got to turn on it and since there wasn't the foul ball to worry about.

If I have time tomorrow, I will get about 10-15 swings with my current shaft and document those numbers so we can have a true comparison. 

Hopefully by next week the replacement head will come in I can test it with my regular gamer. (I  expect similar numbers maybe a little better)

image.png.a53bfbca510781d46d75658701050d13.png

I will be taken it out to the course on Sunday which should be fun, long course and an a challenging 18th hole which begs for you to go for it.

image.png.395b5d486b698e0b4bae7046a9a04313.png

Edited by MrBandit

7 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

Finally was able to go to the range and do some testing.

Using a different Driver Head (TourEdge EXS 220) since I'm still waiting on the replacement one (TourEdge EXS Pro), I thought this initial testing was pretty good.

The Ball flight was a little higher than my normal flight, but everything was pretty much a straight and deep ball. There were a few that were pulls every time I tried to give it a little extra on the swing. 
The shaft felt amazingly sturdy, the more comfortable  I got with the swing the more confidence I got to turn on it and since there wasn't the foul ball to worry about.

If I have time tomorrow, I will get about 10-15 swings with my current shaft and document those numbers so we can have a true comparison. 

Hopefully by next week the replacement head will come in I can test it with my regular gamer. (I  expect similar numbers maybe a little better)

Some pretty solid early numbers, hope to be able to seethe comparison to your current shaft 

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

14 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

Finally was able to go to the range and do some testing. Used the PRGR unit. thank to @ChasingScratchfor letting me borrow it.

I will be taken it out to the course on Sunday which should be fun, long course and an a challenging 18th hole which begs for you to go for it.

Great start on those numbers there. Also that holed looks boarderline diabolical if that tree is as in play as it looks.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

7 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Great start on those numbers there. Also that holed looks boarderline diabolical if that tree is as in play as it looks.

Its a layup hole most of the time, if you happen to be down wind, you may challenge carrying the water , and you hope you can stay right or left of the tree, then you have another 230yds or so to get to an elevated green crossing water again. Its a big number finishing hole if your are not careful.

1 minute ago, MrBandit said:

Its a layup hole most of the time, if you happen to be down wind, you may challenge carrying the water , and you hope you can stay right or left of the tree, then you have another 230yds or so to get to an elevated green crossing water again. Its a big number finishing hole if your are not careful.

Looks like a big number hole if I am careful.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

10 hours ago, MrBandit said:

That 18th hole looks like an absolute beast. Nothing like a finishing up your round on a hole that can kick your teeth in. 

And to all the testers great work on finding ways to get some data for the shafts. It really helps paint a picture of what's going on during the testing process.

Forum Reviews: 

I did another session just to gather numbers from my current shaft and compare to the Nippon.
You can see the difference in Balls Speed, Carry/Total yds and smash factor.  Its clear that the Nippon MB+ 65 is a winner.

Balls Speed increase by 8Mphs, Carry Distance up by 16yds and Total yards by 15yds, even the smash factor was up by 0.06.
image.png.d12a7c5d8f31d620bb6c0ba6dc503158.png

3 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

I did another session just to gather numbers from my current shaft and compare to the Nippon.
You can see the difference in Balls Speed, Carry/Total yds and smash factor.  Its clear that the Nippon MB+ 65 is a winner.

Balls Speed increase by 8Mphs, Carry Distance up by 16yds and Total yards by 15yds, even the smash factor was up by 0.06.

Mean averages aren’t even close. Looks like you’ve got a winner. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

6 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

Impressive performance gains! Are you noticing any difference in flight bias? Or are you still seeing your normal flight?

Just now, B.Boston said:

Impressive performance gains! Are you noticing any difference in flight bias? Or are you still seeing your normal flight?

Ball flight is a little higher than my normal but is hard to gauge since am not using my normal Driver Head. Hoping to get it back by next week.