Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2021 Official Review: Nippon Regio Driver Shafts

GolfSpy MPR

Great so far boys.... the shafts look amazing and the head covers were a nice touch

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

5 hours ago, MrBandit said:

Ball flight is a little higher than my normal but is hard to gauge since am not using my normal Driver Head. Hoping to get it back by next week.

Ah right. For some reason I read that last one as you having your driver back. 

hopefully you’ll see the same results once you do!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

On 5/13/2021 at 5:09 PM, MrBandit said:

Finally was able to go to the range and do some testing. Used the PRGR unit. thank to @ChasingScratchfor letting me borrow it.

Using a different Driver Head (TourEdge EXS 220) since I'm still waiting on the replacement one (TourEdge EXS Pro), I thought this initial testing was pretty good.

The Ball flight was a little higher than my normal flight, but everything was pretty much a straight and deep ball. There were a few that were pulls every time I tried to give it a little extra on the swing. 
The shaft felt amazingly sturdy, the more comfortable  I got with the swing the more confidence I got to turn on it and since there wasn't the foul ball to worry about.

If I have time tomorrow, I will get about 10-15 swings with my current shaft and document those numbers so we can have a true comparison. 

Hopefully by next week the replacement head will come in I can test it with my regular gamer. (I  expect similar numbers maybe a little better)

image.png.a53bfbca510781d46d75658701050d13.png

I will be taken it out to the course on Sunday which should be fun, long course and an a challenging 18th hole which begs for you to go for it.

image.png.395b5d486b698e0b4bae7046a9a04313.png

That hole looks like the 18th at Wii Sports Resort!

Impressive gains with the new shaft! If you had to guess, what aspect of the shaft would you say was the biggest factor for the change?

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

Tremendous results from this weekends outing, the shaft and combination with the TS3 held up fantastically, I am a solid 250 carry rolling out into the 260's. I played today and yesterday walked 18 each day, yesterday the pace of play was great for walking which allowed me to conserve some energy. I hit 50% of the fairways and 3-4 were within 1-2 feet from the fairway playing in the first cut. Today I hit 7 fairways alone on the front 9, but fatigue caught ups to me on the back 9. I was roasted with the heat and it showed. my driver took the brunt of it. I chalk it up to fatigue causing the driver to drop off in performance.  I don't have a launch monitor or Arccos currently although I am considering it but I did take some photos on the GRINT lining up my shot and the tee box the best I could to show everyone some of the locations and distances I have hit this weekend. The drive I hit on 8 is one I would consider as a "missile", I really wanted to go all out and cover the bunker, it was probably the first time since getting the shaft on the course where I really let it rip. No disappointment on that drive!

.IMG_0114.jpeg.90ee7c0e54a6f8034dad4fae31ad198b.jpeg

Yesterday this was such a cool drive to hit, the hole plays uphill, they're currently filling in the fairway bunker to the left and seeding over. Earlier in the year when it's windy no chance of reaching the green, the wind holes through the opening and it's right at your face or a cross wind. The woods are behind you so limited chance you are getting much assistance at your back with the wind. It's risk reward, if you are left approaching the green you are looking to be in a green side bunker which are quite steep, If you go right their is a marsh and farther right puts you in the condos. I couldn't have been happier with the results and even funner I couldn't find my ball at first because I had never drove it that far with the wind. I would honestly say it was that well of a struck shot on the face.IMG_0116.jpeg.794ead5f94b44cbdf6457acc19b5d6bb.jpeg

Starting the day off on 1, hell of a shot to get the round going, perfect position, leaving me with a great shot into the green. I don't have much more real estate to work with before I run into the river lol This combo really impressed me this weekend. It even impressed my playing partners. I'll be honest with everyone at 5ft 6 this combo has allowed me to maximize my distance this weekend to keep up with some stout guys!

IMG_0113.jpeg.8f69cc75e8ba65188d9db733b0699801.jpeg

The best part about hole 9, man it landed right on the 150 yard marker. Taking that marker out and tossing it aside for my shot felt amazing. Really culminated all the hard work I had been putting in with my driver.

IMG_0115.jpeg.8076caa90f73f6ae3fd9644aff32ba5e.jpeg

IMG_0117.jpeg

Edited by RollingGreens
spelling

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

On 5/15/2021 at 1:21 AM, gavinski91 said:

That hole looks like the 18th at Wii Sports Resort!

Impressive gains with the new shaft! If you had to guess, what aspect of the shaft would you say was the biggest factor for the change?

the Shaft appears to keep the load longer, so as you finally releasing it ball seems to jump of the driver.  Feels really sturdy , this was a heavier shaft than my Tensi CK Orange but it feels lighter.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

18 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

Tremendous results from this weekends outing, the shaft and combination with the TS3 held up fantastically, I am a solid 250 carry rolling out into the 260's. I played today and yesterday walked 18 each day, yesterday the pace of play was great for walking which allowed me to conserve some energy. I hit 50% of the fairways and 3-4 were within 1-2 feet from the fairway playing in the first cut. Today I hit 7 fairways alone on the front 9, but fatigue caught ups to me on the back 9. I was roasted with the heat and it showed. my driver took the brunt of it. I chalk it up to fatigue causing the driver to drop off in performance.  I don't have a launch monitor or Arccos currently although I am considering it but I did take some photos on the GRINT lining up my shot and the tee box the best I could to show everyone some of the locations and distances I have hit this weekend. The drive I hit on 8 is one I would consider as a "missile", I really wanted to go all out and cover the bunker, it was probably the first time since getting the shaft on the course where I really let it rip. No disappointment on that drive!

.IMG_0114.jpeg.90ee7c0e54a6f8034dad4fae31ad198b.jpeg

Yesterday this was such a cool drive to hit, the hole plays uphill, they're currently filling in the fairway bunker to the left and seeding over. Earlier in the year when it's windy no chance of reaching the green, the wind holes through the opening and it's right at your face or a cross wind. The woods are behind you so limited chance you are getting much assistance at your back with the wind. It's risk reward, if you are left approaching the green you are looking to be in a green side bunker which are quite steep, If you go right their is a marsh and farther right puts you in the condos. I couldn't have been happier with the results and even funner I couldn't find my ball at first because I had never drove it that far with the wind. I would honestly say it was that well of a struck shot on the face.IMG_0116.jpeg.794ead5f94b44cbdf6457acc19b5d6bb.jpeg

Starting the day off on 1, hell of a shot to get the round going, perfect position, leaving me with a great shot into the green. I don't have much more real estate to work with before I run into the river lol This combo really impressed me this weekend. It even impressed my playing partners. I'll be honest with everyone at 5ft 6 this combo has allowed me to maximize my distance this weekend to keep up with some stout guys!

IMG_0113.jpeg.8f69cc75e8ba65188d9db733b0699801.jpeg

The best part about hole 9, man it landed right on the 150 yard marker. Taking that marker out and tossing it aside for my shot felt amazing. Really culminated all the hard work I had been putting in with my driver.

IMG_0115.jpeg.8076caa90f73f6ae3fd9644aff32ba5e.jpeg

IMG_0117.jpeg

Looks like some great results with the driver shaft combo so far. keep the results coming. The distance gains are great too. Do you feel that it is mostly from some better timing, a bit more confidence, a little bit of both. Either way its great.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Played yesterday at The Bridges in Gunther, TX,. front 9 driver was even better than in the range its windy there and the ball flight was penetrating thru the winds. 

Back 9, well torrential down pour of rain, we had to stop and hide by the trees in between heavy down pours, wait until it was steady rain and the rivers on the fairways where down to small streams.
Shaft performed even better in the rain, didn't expect to be doing a test in the rain but it happen.
By the end of the day I hit 71% of fairways, and they ones I missed where just in the edge or I ended up in a fairway bunker.

This weeks heavy rains are expected to continue, one of my home course is underwater already, don't expect any range or course play this week. 
Hopefully next week.

On the good news, my driver head is fixed and will be picking it up this afternoon, Next time am able to hit the driver, it will be with my normal setup. Expect similar or even better numbers.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)

4 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

Looks like some great results with the driver shaft combo so far. keep the results coming. The distance gains are great too. Do you feel that it is mostly from some better timing, a bit more confidence, a little bit of both. Either way its great.

It’s definitely a combination of both. The timing was less of a factor than the confidence. I didn’t feel a huge drop off in comparison to my Tensei white when it came to timing. Because their isn’t a huge kick point with the Nippon it seemed more seamless of a transition from the Tensei. The shaft definitely performs and I’d be interested to see what the numbers look like when I do a trackman test coming up. 

Titleist ProV1

2 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

It’s definitely a combination of both. The timing was less of a factor than the confidence. I didn’t feel a huge drop off in comparison to my Tensei white when it came to timing. Because their isn’t a huge kick point with the Nippon it seemed more seamless of a transition from the Tensei. The shaft definitely performs and I’d be interested to see what the numbers look like when I do a trackman test coming up. 

Sounds great and that confidence is a huge thing. Getting there helps produce that free flowing swing with that little extra speed.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

So finally got the head back, hit a few times at the facilities my last numbers before leaving were very good. Still need to tweak a bit. But its an improvement already.

image.png.b6631c7b6c04ec2da790dca415585ab0.png

Well now that the rain has stop enough, I was able to get to the range and do testing with my Regular:755178188_TourEdge:  Head I got back.
The one thing that jumps out is the Club Head speed, I was averaging between 99-100MPH before with the EXS 220 Head.

With the :755178188_TourEdge: EXS Pro that jumped to 104MPH average, Ball Speed Up 2MPH, Carry 5MPH and Total distance 4MPH. I felt like i was just hitting 💣 every time.

Ball Flight was a straight ball or a baby draw, even when I really turn on it the ball was still straight. It was medium height ball flight which is good for me as am always a low flight ball hitter.

The Ball appear to jump of the club face and the shaft didn't feel like it was loose or I was going to loose control the harder I was swigging.  It was the opposite it felt like it was sturdier and held the club face at impact no twisting or turning.

I will be taking this to the course tomorrow at a tournament ⛳, hopefully it doesn't rain and I can see it truly performed on the course when it matters.

Here are the numbers, base of the PRGR unit.

image.png.91759fbf786a9695c2418ab3e47557d9.png

Compare to my pervious numbers:
image.png.9e4a6f2e2411005f50da7cf2bfd664b1.png

10 hours ago, MrBandit said:

Well now that the rain has stop enough, I was able to get to the range and do testing with my Regular:755178188_TourEdge:  Head I got back.
The one thing that jumps out is the Club Head speed, I was averaging between 99-100MPH before with the EXS 220 Head.

With the :755178188_TourEdge: EXS Pro that jumped to 104MPH average, Ball Speed Up 2MPH, Carry 5MPH and Total distance 4MPH. I felt like i was just hitting 💣 every time.

Ball Flight was a straight ball or a baby draw, even when I really turn on it the ball was still straight. It was medium height ball flight which is good for me as am always a low flight ball hitter.

The Ball appear to jump of the club face and the shaft didn't feel like it was loose or I was going to loose control the harder I was swigging.  It was the opposite it felt like it was sturdier and held the club face at impact no twisting or turning.

I will be taking this to the course tomorrow at a tournament ⛳, hopefully it doesn't rain and I can see it truly performed on the course when it matters.

Here are the numbers, base of the PRGR unit.

image.png.91759fbf786a9695c2418ab3e47557d9.png

Compare to my pervious numbers:
image.png.9e4a6f2e2411005f50da7cf2bfd664b1.png

Looks like some pretty solid improvement! Good luck in the tourney today!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

7 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Looks like some pretty solid improvement! Good luck in the tourney today!

Thanks... played well today...

Got out today and played 18. Round was iffy. Driver was up and down. The ups though were fantastic. I reached back a few times to try and unload and it just wasn’t there today. The fairway finder was solid as usual. Early on I was struggling with a pull and late in the round possibly due to fatigue the right fade miss snuck out. So far on average I’ve been carrying 250-255 rolling out around 270’s. 

Titleist ProV1

Played 14 holes yesterday evening, Driving has been better than ever, hitting the fairways and getting it out there consistently. Even the playing partners commented how well and consistent I was hitting the driver.

Gaining a lot confidence hitting the new Nippon Shaft with the Tour Edge Pro head combination. I feel that even if I really go after it is not going to balloon left or right, that am going to find it maybe of the first cut or so, not in the other fairway (unless I pull or push it that way)

Going to play 18th tomorrow morning, should be fun, it will be the first time to use this combination on this course.

4 hours ago, MrBandit said:

Played 14 holes yesterday evening, Driving has been better than ever, hitting the fairways and getting it out there consistently. Even the playing partners commented how well and consistent I was hitting the driver.

Gaining a lot confidence hitting the new Nippon Shaft with the Tour Edge Pro head combination. I feel that even if I really go after it is not going to balloon left or right, that am going to find it maybe of the first cut or so, not in the other fairway (unless I pull or push it that way)

Going to play 18th tomorrow morning, should be fun, it will be the first time to use this combination on this course.

I may have to try out the Nippon with the Tour Edge Pro head myself this weekend.

My bag is a revolving door!

27 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

I may have to try out the Nippon with the Tour Edge Pro head myself this weekend.

I be interested to see someone else perspective.

Heading to the simulator today to use the trackman. Interested to see the numbers

Titleist ProV1

43 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

Heading to the simulator today to use the trackman. Interested to see the numbers

Nice! Are you just hitting the Nippon or will you get some same day data with your old gamer?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Alright guys just got home after a. Long day. Trackman data speaks for itself. There are some outliers in there where I really tried to max out the shafts to see some numbers and it didn’t always turn out well. The rep at the ping demo was unfortunately right about having high spin with the ts3. I don’t have my trackman numbers but I remember on a cold 43 deg day I turned out with the ping g425 10.5 deg lst with aldilla white I was able to get up to a 248 carry rolling out to 263. Here are the trackman numbers. Enjoy! Side note the one not labeled was with my current lineup of the ts3 9.5 deg with Nippon B+ shaft. The TSi3 was the 9 deg shaft

1AA92A2D-EAAB-4EC6-8089-14040ED40FA2.jpeg

8B42F058-B5B7-45D4-947E-9EA9E7BC4847.jpeg

383A658A-877D-4E60-8C42-187553341239.jpeg

76E88D0F-0C3B-47F2-ABAC-B7D3ECECBAAA.jpeg

CB32707C-653B-4C5C-863B-523C99171D15.jpeg

57F68B64-F74C-4649-8AD5-8C647588C7D5.jpeg

I had to take pictures because the computer was having a hard time sending the report. 

Titleist ProV1

7 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Nice! Are you just hitting the Nippon or will you get some same day data with your old gamer?

I got as much data as I was able to. With a lot of different combos. I wanted to really let the data speak for itself. The ping rep called me a high spin player and by the looks of it he isn’t entirely incorrect. I will say I am bit surprised because the trackman numbers are a little less than what I’ve been seeing in the course. Plus I am actually pleased with the performance of my ts3 with the nippon. It will be interesting to see when my g425 lst arrives how things compare. Depending on the date I would consider getting the tip switched to test on the ping. 

Titleist ProV1

I think the results have less to do with the shaft and more to do the TS3 head. Spin improved slightly comparing each shaft. I also know it would help to sneak another degree or two higher for my attack angle. 

Titleist ProV1

Alright I’m back to testing after a wedding hiatus and ready to get back out there with a test that no one asked for but we’re doing it! I’ve now shafted my Regio Formula MB+ 65X with a Wishon 919FD head which is mini driver head if you’re not familiar. The goal here is to see if I can combine the length gains from the shaft to a head shape I find more appealing and one that will hopefully find fairways consistently. I’m fine giving up a few yards to be in the short stuff. Here are some pics of what I’ll be working with. Data and results to come soon. 

2D9FC6CC-CBD1-49EB-B1C4-ADA6FDEEF824.jpeg

2AC16E41-2CEE-425B-BCB9-F97054E1D946.jpeg

• Driver: Mizuno ST200 10.5 w/ Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65X (backup is a Wishon 919 F/D mini driver w/ UST V2 Black 6F5)
  • Fairway Wood: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 18.5* w/ UST V2 Black 7F5
  • 4 Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 23* w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Irons: 5-PW Maltby TE Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Wedge: 52* and 58* Maltby TSW Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped) and DG Wedge Flex
  • Putter: Tommy Armour Impact 3 CB
  • Bag: Shapland Stand Bag

1 hour ago, morningteesheet said:

Alright I’m back to testing after a wedding hiatus and ready to get back out there with a test that no one asked for but we’re doing it! I’ve now shafted my Regio Formula MB+ 65X with a Wishon 919FD head which is mini driver head if you’re not familiar. The goal here is to see if I can combine the length gains from the shaft to a head shape I find more appealing and one that will hopefully find fairways consistently. I’m fine giving up a few yards to be in the short stuff. Here are some pics of what I’ll be working with. Data and results to come soon. 

2D9FC6CC-CBD1-49EB-B1C4-ADA6FDEEF824.jpeg

2AC16E41-2CEE-425B-BCB9-F97054E1D946.jpeg

Good looking setup! 

My bag is a revolving door!

Went out today playing in the member member tournament, mixed results. Hard to get in a flow with the driver playing from shorter tees, only hit a handful of times. Difficult to get in a groove, the big right miss came in to play x2 with a lot of spin which is a killer for me.

Titleist ProV1

On 6/4/2021 at 1:41 PM, 03trdblack said:

Good looking setup! 

Didn't work as planned. It was truly that test that no one needed. Spun too much and just lost way too much distance. I'm back to the Mizuno ST200 head but I've tipped the Nippon shaft a half inch.

• Driver: Mizuno ST200 10.5 w/ Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65X (backup is a Wishon 919 F/D mini driver w/ UST V2 Black 6F5)
  • Wedge: 52* and 58* Maltby TSW Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped) and DG Wedge Flex

On 5/12/2021 at 3:54 PM, morningteesheet said:

Trackman session complete! Stopped into my local Five Iron Golf and got a quick session in. After warming up and getting a feel for everything, I logged 5 swings with my new setup (Mizuno ST200 and Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65X) and then 5 swings with my old setup (Srixon Z565 and Aldila NV Green 65X). Here's the video and the Trackman results below that.

Mizuno Nippon combo:

Mizuno_Nippon.JPG.7cc4f20d3e4dc304e6eebe5f65e149d4.JPG

Srixon Aldila combo:

Srixon_Aldila.JPG.5d57296e031debc8a337ef3b544e300c.JPG

The data says it all, the Mizuno and Nippon combo is staying in the bag. But I didn't even need the data, I knew it from the feel. The Nippon shaft felt so sturdy and solid through the swing and just felt balanced. I was originally fighting some left pulls but I've gotten more comfortable with the idea that I don't need to aim right and guide it. I can line it up and swing it comfortably. While distance is clearly the winner with the Mizuno/Nippon, I am a little concerned with the spin as it's still a bit high. I don't mind it a bit on the high side because I do want to find fairways, but this should come down a bit and it's possible that some setting tinkering could get it there. Also, I was a bit left and right with the Nippon but at least from the look of the flight on the screen, none of them were way offline or troublesome. A little more work with the driver and that should be fine. 

Most importantly, this has done what I had hoped. I don't feel like I have the big right miss and I feel like I can really go after and release this driver with the Nippon shaft. It just feels reliable and I won't have to stand on the tee feeling like I need to guide it, I can swing more freely. I'm taking this out for 18 holes to validate it on Saturday morning so more to come.

Looks like a winner winner!!!

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

After playing yesterday evening and the warmer weather (HOT AF). I was really hitting the TourEdge Pro / Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65 S combination to distance I have not been before in a consistent basis. And this combination improve my Fairways hits Percentages even more.
I did turn down the loft from 10.5 to 9.5 and this improve the spin rate , trajectory and distance.

image.png.991fb07fda585173e9c587a1e81e8198.png

Compare to my previous Driving Accuracy, which I was content before because I had eliminated one side of the fairway
image.png.5e578073f007bddcc504c89d2707df4d.png

I played 18 yesterday and pulled driver on 10 holes, hit 2 fairways. A few pulls and a few big misses right. Only really put one good swing on the driver and sent it 290 down the middle. The moral of this story is that it has nothing to do with the shaft and everything to do with my mental block with a driver in my hand. The key thing is that this shaft feels amazing and matches up well with my Modus 125x iron shafts. Now I just need to learn how to take a driver swing onto the course.