Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

The Review 6/14/2021

[Nippon Regio Formula MB+ Shafts] – Official MGS Forum Review by [James Corujo]

Intro

I have been golfing for the past 17yrs, started after leaving the military and moving to San Francisco, I never expected to play golf. Everyone in my office played golf and they took me to a par 3 course in San Francisco and I remembering making par on the 4 hole (easy game, LOL) have been hook since.
Once I moved back to NYC, I began to play more and become more competitive and really get hooked on the game. Now living in Texas, my game as become more consistent as I get the play year-round vs 6 months a year when I was in NYC.
Started playing in some of the US AM Tour tournaments again, and this has help my confidence and concentration since every shot counts and cannot just waste a shot if I was just playing around with friends.

My game – Currently at 7.4 HC, up and down, struggle with concentration in the middle of the round causing silly mistakes, which escalates those numbers quickly. Hence my scores fluctuating from 77 to 87.  Chipping and putting has help keep my rounds under control, getting up and down from around the greens. Which I considered that my strength of my game.  I struggle at times with my mid irons, but I compensate with my wedge game and putting.

My driving accuracy has improved when I switch over to the PING G410 LST last year, which help keep the ball in the fairway and eliminating one side of the fairway. The downside has been total distance am still not getting what I can from my swing as I tend to cut the ball and I have a lower penetrating ball flight.

So, I recently switch over to TourEdge EXS Pro Driver 10.5 with the same shaft Mitsubishi Tensi CK Orange 60 Stiff, after reading some reviews and people raving about how straight the driver was and how much longer it was. Unfortunate I only had It for a couple of weeks and until last weekend I have not been able to swing a full speed as I was dealing with a bad back.
I have gained more distance, a little higher ball trajectory and is keeping my ball in the fairway even better than the PING G410 LST.
Hoping I will be playing from the shorter grass more often and it should help me improve my mid iron game hitting, 9, 8 7 irons into greens, instead of 6 ,5,  4 or 3Hybrids, and I don’t have to relied heavily on my chipping and putting.

Because now am more often in the short grass, this has allowed me to get to Par5 in 2 at times, still need a little bit more length to make that second shot a lot easier swing then trying to give it my all, which at times works great or am doing my scrabble around the greens as usual.
Taken aggressive swings on Par4 not worrying about is going to balloon out of control and get into the forest or the water, having that feeling that you don’t have to lay up with a hybrid or 3 wood because you are not sure where your driver may end up.

First Impressions

The shaft looks very nice , black and gold branding and it comes with a nice head cover
image.png.e4db2f0d643abfcc7206e194c05b972c.pngimage.png.95a0b5c71804085f323447c910067d39.png

Look pretty simple and not flashy with the TourEdge Pro Driver and the CP2 Grips.
image.png.0f223074c21a281e7d4a56936ac1152d.pngimage.png.455a1759302c29016b45fb12faeb6026.pngimage.png.6d338b5d38cee53c5c34d9775e366541.pngimage.png.ea95baa96afc4da2be7e55a522d59e59.png

Nippon is already a popular iron shaft, and it is used my many players in the PGA, LPGA, and amateur tours alike.

This from my understanding is their first venture into the Driver/Fairwood platform, and their claim per their site is that this shaft model will show Higher Ball Speeds, Ball Control, Traditional Feel but with stunning acceleration.

My current shaft is a
Mitsubishi Tensi CK Orange 60 Stiff, this has been my favorite shaft because of its feel and consistency, and I was able to control my driver /ball better than I have before. So, this new shaft would have to outperformed.

What am hoping to gain is higher ball speed, more control of my driver and ball and feel like I can turn on the driver without the fear of losing the ball right or left. Even thou this shaft is heavier at 68.5 (for the 65S)

I will used base numbers with my current setup and then compare with the new shaft and see if the numbers are really different.
Next is taking to the course, you really don’t know how it will performed until you are actually swinging it during a round or competition.

Here is what I have found so far after some range and course playing.

This was not my original head as it was being repaired at the time but it is in the same brand /model family.
Average club speed 100Mph, balls speed 137.9Mph, carry 224.3, total yds, 246.8 and smash factor 1.375.

image.png.dc218db26a49af4c23c875ceac8eb568.png

Now doing the same testing but with the Nippon shaft as you can see the numbers increase in each category which I didn’t expect.
Average Club Speed 100Mph, Balls Speed 145Mph, Carry 240Yds, Total Yds 261.6, Smash 1.437
image.png.8aa000e0bd66577229b67d6f733b1862.png

Now testing with my regular TourEdge EXS Pro head and the Nippon combination resulted some dramatic club head speed and increase in Ball Speed, Carry and Total yards, the only thing that went down was the smash factor, but that shows that I kept even the low ones there so the numbers would be lower. I did not notice the added weight of the shaft on my swings, if anything it felt lighter.

Average Club Speed 104Mph, Balls Speed 147Mph, Carry 245Yds, Total Yds 265.9, Smash 1.398

image.png.594ecd9ceaba60e1859b5ec8d2c41a96.png

Of course, in the range work is one thing but taking it to the course is different.

Have played about 6 rounds now with the new Nippon Shaft and TourEdge EXS Pro Combination, I notice the ball flight was a little higher than my normal flight, but I was really hitting more Fairways. Because I normally was playing a cut with my old setup, now is more of a straight to baby fade trajectory, so I had to adjust my target lines to accommodate the new directions.

I really feel I can turn of the driver and not worry about a ball ballooning right or left, the more I have play with it the more confidence am getting that the line am taking is where the ball is going.

Found myself at new approach yardages that I was not seen before, it’s a lot easier to hit GW, PW, 9, 8 Irons into greens now, making golf fun.

Previous and current Driving Accuracy.

image.png.201546095d0745f78440abf7f8b01620.pngimage.png.29b8051fcaea4028492ec3bd01827f38.png   

Looks (8 out of 10 points) 

Describe the following:

• Coloring / Graphics – Black and Gold
  • Overall color should work with any driver.

Feel (10 out of 10 points)

Describe how the club sounds and feels.

• Weight 68.5 for the 65S but it did not feel heavier but actually lighter. It was balance and always.
  • The shaft appears to keep the load longer, which shows in the increase balls speeds.
  • I was expecting it be stiffer because of the weight, but it was very sturdy feel, comfortable to swing and you feel like you can be very aggressive.

Basic Characteristics (19 out of 20 points)

Compared to my current gamer:

• Trajectory – Just a little higher than before, which is perfect since am a natural low-ball hitter.
  • Accuracy – This is the one area that has dramatically improve and was not expecting it.
    Went from 44% Fairways hit to 77%
  • Distance – Went from average of 246.8 total yds to 265.9 total yds. That is almost 20yds again.
  • Used a PRGR unit to compare and get base numbers on the following statics:
    Club Speed, Ball Speed, Carry Yds, Total Yds and Smash Factor.

As I shown above on the testing between by current setup and the new one with the Nippon can notice the difference right away.

image.png.66c0615168603c95841ffb4aa48edc05.png
  • Pressure – This shaft has giving me confidence to go for the tight fairways, carry bunkers and feel like am going to hit my spots consistently. Again, we are just amateurs, and we are going to miss our targets more times but it will be a lot less. 

On-Course / LM Performance (29 out of 30 points)

Played a few tournaments and regular rounds with the new Nippon / TourEdge EXS Pro combination, and it was evident to my playing partners that have commented over and over, “well there is another fairway hit” and “you have smashed that drive”. The fear of not hitting a few of those tight fairways have gone as I play more and gain more confidence. At times I found myself too close to the green or water hazard that I was not expecting to be near before or in the position to hit a wedge at times.
I feel I can still tweak my setup even more to get the most out of this combination.

Final Performance Comments:

• Overall, how did it perform?  This shaft performed better than advertised, numbers do not lie.
  • How, if at all, did this product change your overall impression of Nippon? First I only heard of them with irons shafts, and not the first name that comes up when looking for Driver/Fairwood shafts, but it has definitely made the impression and would considered replacing my 3wood shaft with a Nippon.
  • What feature would you change or eliminate from the next generation of this model? I would have the graphics on both sides
  • What feature do you really like, and would most like to see continued or evolved in future models? Load, Balls Speed and accuracy.
  • Did it help improve your scores? By how much? I think I gain a stroke so far, probably would be more as I continue to fine tune and play to the new yardages.

Miscellaneous (10 out of 10 points)

Talking with the rep about the shaft before they send it over, he wanted to know how I was hitting my irons and to compare that transition from wood to irons. I first I was going to get a lighter shaft because it would have been closer to my current shaft, but after talking about it and assuring me the weight would not be a factor (which was true) makes you feel they really know their product.

Play it or Trade it? (20 out of 20 points)

100% Play it, it’s already a keeper in my current gamer setup. No reason to go back.
As stated above the numbers do not lie and the confidence it has provide me to hit driver on every hole instead of using a 3 Wood is huge. Asking price could be steep, hoping it comes down, but if you are in the market for a new shaft, I would add this one to the list of strong candidates.
This shaft is great from mid to low HC, they should see big gains from their current setup.

Conclusion

Am glad I was able to use a PRGR unit to get numbers that I could compare, keeping track of your fairway hits, left or right and distance. Once you put it all together and you then play at the course where it matters you really can notice the difference and reference back to the numbers and get that AHHHHHH Moment.

Final Score: (96 out of 100 points)

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

2 hours ago, MrBandit said:

The Review 6/14/2021

[Nippon Regio Formula MB+ Shafts] – Official MGS Forum Review by [James Corujo]

Intro

I have been golfing for the past 17yrs, started after leaving the military and moving to San Francisco, I never expected to play golf. Everyone in my office played golf and they took me to a par 3 course in San Francisco and I remembering making par on the 4 hole (easy game, LOL) have been hook since.
Once I moved back to NYC, I began to play more and become more competitive and really get hooked on the game. Now living in Texas, my game as become more consistent as I get the play year-round vs 6 months a year when I was in NYC.
Started playing in some of the US AM Tour tournaments again, and this has help my confidence and concentration since every shot counts and cannot just waste a shot if I was just playing around with friends.

My game – Currently at 7.4 HC, up and down, struggle with concentration in the middle of the round causing silly mistakes, which escalates those numbers quickly. Hence my scores fluctuating from 77 to 87.  Chipping and putting has help keep my rounds under control, getting up and down from around the greens. Which I considered that my strength of my game.  I struggle at times with my mid irons, but I compensate with my wedge game and putting.

My driving accuracy has improved when I switch over to the PING G410 LST last year, which help keep the ball in the fairway and eliminating one side of the fairway. The downside has been total distance am still not getting what I can from my swing as I tend to cut the ball and I have a lower penetrating ball flight.

So, I recently switch over to TourEdge EXS Pro Driver 10.5 with the same shaft Mitsubishi Tensi CK Orange 60 Stiff, after reading some reviews and people raving about how straight the driver was and how much longer it was. Unfortunate I only had It for a couple of weeks and until last weekend I have not been able to swing a full speed as I was dealing with a bad back.
I have gained more distance, a little higher ball trajectory and is keeping my ball in the fairway even better than the PING G410 LST.
Hoping I will be playing from the shorter grass more often and it should help me improve my mid iron game hitting, 9, 8 7 irons into greens, instead of 6 ,5,  4 or 3Hybrids, and I don’t have to relied heavily on my chipping and putting.

Because now am more often in the short grass, this has allowed me to get to Par5 in 2 at times, still need a little bit more length to make that second shot a lot easier swing then trying to give it my all, which at times works great or am doing my scrabble around the greens as usual.
Taken aggressive swings on Par4 not worrying about is going to balloon out of control and get into the forest or the water, having that feeling that you don’t have to lay up with a hybrid or 3 wood because you are not sure where your driver may end up.

First Impressions

The shaft looks very nice , black and gold branding and it comes with a nice head cover
image.png.e4db2f0d643abfcc7206e194c05b972c.pngimage.png.95a0b5c71804085f323447c910067d39.png

Look pretty simple and not flashy with the TourEdge Pro Driver and the CP2 Grips.
image.png.0f223074c21a281e7d4a56936ac1152d.pngimage.png.455a1759302c29016b45fb12faeb6026.pngimage.png.6d338b5d38cee53c5c34d9775e366541.pngimage.png.ea95baa96afc4da2be7e55a522d59e59.png

Nippon is already a popular iron shaft, and it is used my many players in the PGA, LPGA, and amateur tours alike.

This from my understanding is their first venture into the Driver/Fairwood platform, and their claim per their site is that this shaft model will show Higher Ball Speeds, Ball Control, Traditional Feel but with stunning acceleration.

My current shaft is a
Mitsubishi Tensi CK Orange 60 Stiff, this has been my favorite shaft because of its feel and consistency, and I was able to control my driver /ball better than I have before. So, this new shaft would have to outperformed.

What am hoping to gain is higher ball speed, more control of my driver and ball and feel like I can turn on the driver without the fear of losing the ball right or left. Even thou this shaft is heavier at 68.5 (for the 65S)

I will used base numbers with my current setup and then compare with the new shaft and see if the numbers are really different.
Next is taking to the course, you really don’t know how it will performed until you are actually swinging it during a round or competition.

Here is what I have found so far after some range and course playing.

This was not my original head as it was being repaired at the time but it is in the same brand /model family.
Average club speed 100Mph, balls speed 137.9Mph, carry 224.3, total yds, 246.8 and smash factor 1.375.

image.png.dc218db26a49af4c23c875ceac8eb568.png

Now doing the same testing but with the Nippon shaft as you can see the numbers increase in each category which I didn’t expect.
Average Club Speed 100Mph, Balls Speed 145Mph, Carry 240Yds, Total Yds 261.6, Smash 1.437
image.png.8aa000e0bd66577229b67d6f733b1862.png

Now testing with my regular TourEdge EXS Pro head and the Nippon combination resulted some dramatic club head speed and increase in Ball Speed, Carry and Total yards, the only thing that went down was the smash factor, but that shows that I kept even the low ones there so the numbers would be lower. I did not notice the added weight of the shaft on my swings, if anything it felt lighter.

Average Club Speed 104Mph, Balls Speed 147Mph, Carry 245Yds, Total Yds 265.9, Smash 1.398

image.png.594ecd9ceaba60e1859b5ec8d2c41a96.png

Of course, in the range work is one thing but taking it to the course is different.

Have played about 6 rounds now with the new Nippon Shaft and TourEdge EXS Pro Combination, I notice the ball flight was a little higher than my normal flight, but I was really hitting more Fairways. Because I normally was playing a cut with my old setup, now is more of a straight to baby fade trajectory, so I had to adjust my target lines to accommodate the new directions.

I really feel I can turn of the driver and not worry about a ball ballooning right or left, the more I have play with it the more confidence am getting that the line am taking is where the ball is going.

Found myself at new approach yardages that I was not seen before, it’s a lot easier to hit GW, PW, 9, 8 Irons into greens now, making golf fun.

Previous and current Driving Accuracy.

image.png.201546095d0745f78440abf7f8b01620.pngimage.png.29b8051fcaea4028492ec3bd01827f38.png   

Looks (8 out of 10 points) 

Describe the following:

• Coloring / Graphics – Black and Gold
  • Overall color should work with any driver.

Feel (10 out of 10 points)

Describe how the club sounds and feels.

• Weight 68.5 for the 65S but it did not feel heavier but actually lighter. It was balance and always.
  • The shaft appears to keep the load longer, which shows in the increase balls speeds.
  • I was expecting it be stiffer because of the weight, but it was very sturdy feel, comfortable to swing and you feel like you can be very aggressive.

Basic Characteristics (19 out of 20 points)

Compared to my current gamer:

• Trajectory – Just a little higher than before, which is perfect since am a natural low-ball hitter.
  • Accuracy – This is the one area that has dramatically improve and was not expecting it.
    Went from 44% Fairways hit to 77%
  • Distance – Went from average of 246.8 total yds to 265.9 total yds. That is almost 20yds again.
  • Used a PRGR unit to compare and get base numbers on the following statics:
    Club Speed, Ball Speed, Carry Yds, Total Yds and Smash Factor.

As I shown above on the testing between by current setup and the new one with the Nippon can notice the difference right away.

image.png.66c0615168603c95841ffb4aa48edc05.png
  • Pressure – This shaft has giving me confidence to go for the tight fairways, carry bunkers and feel like am going to hit my spots consistently. Again, we are just amateurs, and we are going to miss our targets more times but it will be a lot less. 

On-Course / LM Performance (29 out of 30 points)

Played a few tournaments and regular rounds with the new Nippon / TourEdge EXS Pro combination, and it was evident to my playing partners that have commented over and over, “well there is another fairway hit” and “you have smashed that drive”. The fear of not hitting a few of those tight fairways have gone as I play more and gain more confidence. At times I found myself too close to the green or water hazard that I was not expecting to be near before or in the position to hit a wedge at times.
I feel I can still tweak my setup even more to get the most out of this combination.

Final Performance Comments:

• Overall, how did it perform?  This shaft performed better than advertised, numbers do not lie.
  • How, if at all, did this product change your overall impression of Nippon? First I only heard of them with irons shafts, and not the first name that comes up when looking for Driver/Fairwood shafts, but it has definitely made the impression and would considered replacing my 3wood shaft with a Nippon.
  • What feature would you change or eliminate from the next generation of this model? I would have the graphics on both sides
  • What feature do you really like, and would most like to see continued or evolved in future models? Load, Balls Speed and accuracy.
  • Did it help improve your scores? By how much? I think I gain a stroke so far, probably would be more as I continue to fine tune and play to the new yardages.

Miscellaneous (10 out of 10 points)

Talking with the rep about the shaft before they send it over, he wanted to know how I was hitting my irons and to compare that transition from wood to irons. I first I was going to get a lighter shaft because it would have been closer to my current shaft, but after talking about it and assuring me the weight would not be a factor (which was true) makes you feel they really know their product.

Play it or Trade it? (20 out of 20 points)

100% Play it, it’s already a keeper in my current gamer setup. No reason to go back.
As stated above the numbers do not lie and the confidence it has provide me to hit driver on every hole instead of using a 3 Wood is huge. Asking price could be steep, hoping it comes down, but if you are in the market for a new shaft, I would add this one to the list of strong candidates.
This shaft is great from mid to low HC, they should see big gains from their current setup.

Conclusion

Am glad I was able to use a PRGR unit to get numbers that I could compare, keeping track of your fairway hits, left or right and distance. Once you put it all together and you then play at the course where it matters you really can notice the difference and reference back to the numbers and get that AHHHHHH Moment.

Final Score: (96 out of 100 points)

Great review bud!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Nice reviews fellas.  I love the Nippon love and by the looks of it, you guys do as well.  Great job!

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Talk about consistency last 5 round hitting alot of fairways.
image.png.f99bef75699ce9150f6d638c11c09884.png

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

Moved my full review to the start of the thread!

Edited by morningteesheet
  • Driver: Mizuno ST200 10.5 w/ Nippon Regio Formula MB+ 65X (backup is a Wishon 919 F/D mini driver w/ UST V2 Black 6F5)
  • Fairway Wood: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 18.5* w/ UST V2 Black 7F5
  • 4 Hybrid: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 23* w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Irons: 5-PW Maltby TE Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped)
  • Wedge: 52* and 58* Maltby TSW Forged w/ Modus 125X (soft stepped) and DG Wedge Flex
  • Putter: Tommy Armour Impact 3 CB
  • Bag: Shapland Stand Bag

I was hoping to have tested the Taylormade SIM driver with this shaft this past weekend before posting my review on the main page but unfortunately we were rained out by a tropical storm.  I'm hoping to have the SIM head tested this week though and you can read my initial main review here.

My bag is a revolving door!

• 2 months later...

If anyone is interested in the B+ 65s shaft let me know, I am willing to pass it on at the cost of only shipping  since I won't be using it in my G425. Please send me a message if interested.

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

• 1 month later...

@MGoBlue100 how has the shaft performed for you so far, have you noticed any differences between the nippon and your previous gamer?

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Hey!  Apologies, been OTR for work & swamped otherwise.  So, it took me forever to obtain the PXG adapters (finally was in ATL for work & went past the PXG store; it's VERY COOL!) and then to get one swapped out on the shaft.  Long story short, it's in my car, but I haven't had any opportunity to get a range session in with the Nippon.  I've played a couple work related events, but didn't want to swap out the shaft with no swings on it at all.  Hoping to get it swapped at the end of this week, and play a couple actual rounds to see what's what.

Did you ever get the Venmo deal squared away??

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

• 2 weeks later...

I took my first swings in "competition" with the Nippon N.S. Regio Formula MB+ yesterday.  Once I finally had the PXG adapter installed, it took me some time just to be able to get to the range ("Shank's", we've discussed this before... 😂).

I didn't have any launch monitor equipment, just my eye & "feel".  I only had a bout a half an hour, so took 3-4 swings with the HZRDUS Yellow that came with my 0211 XF, and then slipped the Nippon into the head.  I wasn't in love at first, and TBH, even now I'm not sure the shaft is a perfect match for me.  I kept adjusting the loft (10.5*) on my driver down, as I didn't like the ball flight with the new shaft.  I finally brought it down to 9*, (or at least -1.5* per the adapter, I have not had the loft verified) and started hitting these super straight, not exceptionally high bullets.  I kind of dug that ball flight, so I left things alone and played in a team scramble event yesterday.  The Nippon is about 1/2" longer than my HZRDUS, so I'm still adjusting to hit the center of the club face, but I've pretty much got that figured out, and I'm hitting the new combination at least as far, if not farther than the previous setup.  I'll have to figure out some launch monitor time somewhere over the Winter to see where the numbers really stack up, but after one short range session and one day in competition, I'm a FAN!

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member